• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
OMG That last commercial is a dream come true. It disconfirmed an actual fear of mine, that "Themed Boxes" were taken out, since they weren't inculded in the demos, but it's there!

...and did anyone else see the complete devestation of PT's FS? Holy guacamole, the victims just stayed in place and got pummeled to a pulpy pulp! Ooh, and PT's Japanese voice is killer amazing (nice echo)!!
"Themed boxes"? What are those?

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
When the Pokémon Trainer character changed from using Ivysaur, to Charizard (Lizardon), Charizard's voice sounded pretty bad, sounds like a Slowpoke...

I sure hope Charizard doesn't sound like that in the US version, since it is my favourite character confirmed so far.
Charizard, or rather Lizardon (his JP counter-part), has pretty much always sounded like that. So, it's pretty much expected that his DSBX counter-part will sound like that, while SSBB will probably have a different sound altogether.

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
Oh, yeah. The different crates and barrels. I thought he meant those little boxes that tell you what song is playing on the stage before the fight starts. XD

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Excerpt from Post 166:
ポケトレがしゃべったのが一番のニュースですね。
あの声は前に書きましたが小林由美子さんではないかと。
"POKETORE mouth is the best news.
That voice was Yumiko Kobayashi, who has written before that."

Sounds like they might know the Japanese voice actor after all. :grin:

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Charizard, or rather Lizardon (his JP counter-part), has pretty much always sounded like that. So, it's pretty much expected that his DSBX counter-part will sound like that, while SSBB will probably have a different sound altogether.
Here's the question. Are they going to take an anime approach or a game approach to the PT Pokemon voices? If anime, they will call up the Pokemon seiyuu (voice actors) to record the voices, similar to what they did with Pikachu. If they take a game approach, they'll probably place the most recently used Pokemon cries from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl.

I don't really care what they do. As long as it sounds nice, I'm happy.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Yumiko Kobayashi, eh?

She was Ryoto in Super Robot Wars, as well as some other roles (like Bokkun in Sonic X). According to most profiles I've read, she's freelance now, which probably was convenient for some one like Nintendo to snatch up for Seiyuu work for a game.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Here's the questions. Are they going to take an anime approach or a game approach to the PT Pokemon voices? If anime, they will call up the Pokemon seiyuu (voice actors) to record the voices, similar to what they did with Pikachu. If they take a game approach, they'll probably place the most recently used Pokemon cries from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl.

I don't really care what they do. As long as it sounds nice, I'm happy.
For Japan, at least, the question is pretty much clear; they'll probably go with the Anime voices; they're familiar and pretty much everyone can recognize the stylings of the anime seiyuu at work. Assuming Mewtwo and Lucario are also in the game, they'd just as easily recruit Masachika Ichimura and Daisuke Namikawa (respectively) to come back and reprise their roles once more. It's just how things would work when it comes to Seiyuu in Japan.

For America? I couldn't tell ya. The whole thing with Nintendo and 4Kids parting ways will probably make localization an interesting thing. Though, I guess if they got the 4Kids' Sonic X duc actor to come back for Sonic, I suppose they could get other 4Kids staff to come back too (if they could be bothered).

All I know is that, I couldn't imagine some one else playing Jigglypuff beyond Rachael Lillis, any more than I could imagine some one besides Mika Kanai playing her JP counter-part, Purin.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
then why would they start commercials?
To start the hype train for the casual masses, and accelerate the hardcore's train to insane degrees. What else? :grin:

What I think is interesting is that, the commercials have been showcasing groups of 4...and we have 23 members of the cast unveiled on the Dojo up to now.

Assuming that this trend of "4 by 4" continues for the rest of the commercials...it may imply that we got at least one more person to unveil for the Dojo, who may be expected to hold us until the JP release.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Assuming that this trend of "4 by 4" continues for the rest of the commercials...it may imply that we got at least one more person to unveil for the Dojo, who may be expected to hold us until the JP release.
Of course, this is if there are anymore commercials at all. You guys keep ignoring my posts. I see no reason to believe that there are anymore commercials.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
I made a list of a few more things from your links, ShortFuse!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Playable characters at Jump Festa and alt. colors mentioned:

Mario: Blue, Brown、White on Red、Green, "Wario"

Link: Goron Red、Zora Blue、Yellow、Dark Link、Light Purple

Kirby: White、Green、Red、Light Blue, Yellow

Pikachu: Emerald Bandana, Goggles、4 differing hats

Fox: Green、Orange、White (the user was unsure about this)、Light Purple

Samus: Red、White on Red (unsure)、Light Blue

Bowser: Undisclosed colors.

Yoshi: Pink、Blue、Red、Yellow、Light Blue

Peach: Red、White、Pea Green、Orchid、Orange

Pit: Green、Black、Gold

Wario: Black, Orange

Ike: No one mentions his alt. colors.

Diddy: Pink、Yellow、Light Blue、Green、White (unsure)

Meta Knight: Orange、Dark Meta Knight、Green、Crimson、White, Kirby color

[Stages that were playable at Jump Festa]
The Summit/WarioWare/Hyrule Temple/Bridge of Eldin
Battlefield/Battleship Halberd/Smashville/Pokemon Stadium 2/Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza/Castle Siege/Skyworld/Yoshi's Island/Norfair

WarioWare Microgames on Brawl: Appeal!、Destroy!、Shave!、Cracker/Clacker! (?)、Stay Dry!,
Dodge!, Jump!, Don't Move!

I know this isn't much, but it should at least answer those questions for the people who continually seek Snake, Zelda, and PT info from Jump Festa.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Of course, this is if there are anymore commercials at all. You guys keep ignoring my posts. I see no reason to believe that there are anymore commercials.
Why not? Even if they space 'em out some more over the next few weeks leading up to and including the JP release, there's plenty of reason why there would be more commercials. Especially if it was to just give a few seconds of time to the roster revealed on the Dojo thus far.

teamrocketspy621

Smash Cadet
*reads first post*

The Great Bay music is available? Aw, does that mean they didn't do a totally awesome new version?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I just noticed something. The egg commercial confirms two player online mode. I didn't doubt it, but there were some thoughts of "Only FFA online".

squall1207

Smash Cadet
So after seeing these comercials I think this will be the starting roster plus lucas or a returning vetran.

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon Trainers Voice is sooo cool!! He sounds really badass as he shouts the attack for the Final Smash =) And Dedede is so funny. Just Love him =) In the end we know he is in the start rooster ... so there are no secret Kirby characters? Kirby, Meta Knight and Dedede ... do we need someone else?

Top Bottom