• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Kurosagi

Smash Apprentice
I really hope they keep the language change option in the game; i can't imagine the English version of PT's voice to be anywhere near as cool.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
Those commercials were like getting a splash or cold water after wandering a scorching desert for a few days.

Sooooooo effing sweet, but makes me NEED MORE!!!!!!! There better be a LOT of Brawl videos on youtube and junk when it comes out in Japan.

But yeah, my favorite part of all 3 was probably seeing the Ice Climber's final smash in motion, I planned on using them a lot, and seeing it in motion was just pretty sweet.

And this has almost 100% chance of already being said, but when all 3 PT pokemon are out and walking towards yoshi, it's probably just 3 seperate pokemon trainers. Although the colors seem to all be the normal color scheme, but I'm sure there could be somethinf done about that. Like maybe they played in team mode, and charizard's PT was red, squirtle's was blue, and ivysaur and yoshi's was green.

I doubt you can use all 3 to just walk around before using the FS, but its still possible.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Ah, sorry 'bout that, PsychoIncarnate; I should have known better. ;)

ATTENTION ALL OTHERS: PLEASE REFRAIN FROM ASKING ABOUT THE 3 POKEMON MOVING SIMULTANEOUSLY. MOVE ALL POKEMON TRAINER-RELATED DISCUSSION HERE.

Sorry for yelling, but I just don't want this getting clogged with character-related issues. :)

As for the Japanese forums we found, the posters seem to have reached a consensus: they all enjoy PT's voice! I'm trying to find a voice actor's name, but it's as of yet unknown.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord

ATTENTION ALL OTHERS: PLEASE REFRAIN FROM ASKING ABOUT THE 3 POKEMON MOVING SIMULTANEOUSLY. MOVE ALL POKEMON TRAINER-RELATED DISCUSSION HERE.

Sorry for yelling, but I just don't want this getting clogged with character-related issues. :)

As for the Japanese forums we found, the posters seem to have reached a consensus: they all enjoy PT's voice! I'm trying to find a voice actor's name, but it's as of yet unknown.
I am the OP of this thread and I agree with this message.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
It seems he has very well known Voice actor....wonder who it is??

oh and did someone uploaded it on youtube yet??
Excerpt from Post 148:
ポケトレの声は少年ぽさが出て合ってるかな…
"PO POKETORE boy's voice is coming together as Kana Teru… "

Dunno if that's a voice actor or just broken Japanese. (The particle "kana" is the equivalent of "I wonder...")

And I have yet to see a YouTube version of the third commercial.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
oh and did someone uploaded it on youtube yet??
i hope some one will soon, the wii site wasnt ment to handle this much traffic, and i still havent seen the video... and ive been trying since it was originally discovered

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Also, from that thread itself, I'm getting an indication that it's not Sakurai who does the updates in the Japanese forum but somebody else.
IDK about the Japanese Dojo, but the english Dojo says: "This is the official site for the Wii game Super Smash Bros. Brawl — a place where I offer personal, straight-from-the-creator reports on the project.
-Masahiro Sakurai (Sora Ltd.)"
I've always assumed that all of the different sites were translated versions of each other, so I don't see why Sakurai wouldn't do the blog posts on the section of the site that uses his native tongue.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
IDK about the Japanese Dojo, but the english Dojo says: "This is the official site for the Wii game Super Smash Bros. Brawl — a place where I offer personal, straight-from-the-creator reports on the project.
-Masahiro Sakurai (Sora Ltd.)"
I've always assumed that all of the different sites were translated versions of each other, so I don't see why Sakurai wouldn't do the blog posts on the section of the site that uses his native tongue.
I could be wrong. What's funny is that, on the thread some where upset about the Christmas update and they too noticed the snow background on December 24th. LOL

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets

Call me crazy, but it just seems more logical that you would discuss the contents of these videos in this thread, seeing as how this thread is, in part, about the videos.

What are we supposed to do in this thread, discuss the videos but make sure not to talk about anything about their contents?

Its dumb little things like having to talk about a specific topic in a specific thread and all other threads get closed or redesignated if they have anything to do with that topic that makes me glad once Brawl is out, I won't be tempted to come to this site any more.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Aeris, check this: http://sumabura-x.com/modules/bluesbb/thread.php?thr=351&sty=1&num=l50#p57246
they replied. apparently the japanese are expecting something larger than normal for monday's update.
they say a character update

Also, from that thread itself, I'm getting an indication that it's not Sakurai who does the updates in the Japanese forum but somebody else.
Yep! I actually just posted there before I read your post. :grin: I just said that I hope to see Captain Falcon on Monday, and I was gently admonished about making a small post (apparently something frowned upon on those boards).

But yes, they seem to be expecting--or at least hoping for--Snake's FS, Zelda's FS, or basically any Zelda info available, haha.

EDIT: And with this, my friends, I bid you all adieu. I think we have had a most productive evening, have we not? ;) And I think 4 AM is about time for me to hit the proverbial hay. Goodnight, and おやすみなさい!

spindash

Smash Ace
Yep! I actually just posted there before I read your post. :grin: I just said that I hope to see Captain Falcon on Monday, and I was gently admonished about making a small post (apparently something frowned upon on those boards).

But yes, they seem to be expecting--or at least hoping for--Snake's FS, Zelda's FS, or basically any Zelda info available, haha.

EDIT: And with this, my friends, I bid you all adieu. I think we have had a most productive evening, have we not? ;) And I think 4 AM is about time for me to hit the proverbial hay. Goodnight, and おやすみなさい!
I'd say Captain Falcon is in order, alright. :D

Oyasumi nasai, Aeris~!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
WEIRD!!! But yes, good find.

I posted this on Gimpy's thread but I think it should be repeated here:
ShortFuse said:
Hey Gimpyfish, I understood what you meant about this thread now because a big news thing. I took it differently, mostly after your jest of telling all the translators to come to this thread. So sorry about that before.

I don't know about that being the smashboards of japan. I think I.T.P. was right about it being just like a big Myspace/Facebook. A couple of took a look and it's mostly as ITP describes. It's more like the Japanese Smash Myspace Group

I think I'm/we're not finding it though; the large forum, that is. The Japanese Smashboards. It has to exist. I found the sumabura-x.com forum. It's great and we got great Jump Festa info. Just know we were checking out their post for CM (Commercial Message). As they found out the website for the 3rd trailer so did we. What makes me think that we aren't hitting is that they had only 80 posts concerning today's commercials. 80 posts is a lot sure, but Nintendo's server took a MASSIVE hit. I don't think us as 2:30AM and that forum alone knew it. Just us two couldn't possibly make Nintendo's servers take a dive. There has to be somewhere else. There has to be a bigger community.

Aeris is getting more and more committed to interacting with the members on the Japanese forums. But I think if we want to create that link, that liaison, between the two nations, we need to work a bit harder. I don't think we need SamuraiPanda for the simple translation jobs. I'm hoping SamuraiPanda could do it, be that liaison. Translating is not the same as communicating. Maybe we can even open up a Japanese section of smashboards. Of course, I'm not one to demand such things but just throwing it out there.

I see big possibilities by bridging to the two communities. I realized something when I read on the sumabura-x forums. They were complaining how the Christmas update was lame. They were even saying how the December 24th update had a snow background and had been expecting something great for Christmas update. What I noticed is, they're just like us. They're just as meticulous and analytical as we are with these updates. I'm not thinking about spoilers. I'm thinking about after that, after Brawl comes out. Cut the language barrier. The whole community of internation smasher together learning new techniques and playstyles, sharing videos. It'd be a nice thing to have.

Maybe it's just me with delusions of grandeur but surely we can all benefit from it. I think it's a good point to discuss. If I were a BRoomer it'd be something I'd definitely be pushing to be pioneered. Well, reply here or PM me if you want and I'd like to know SamuraiPanda input on this as well as some other board memebers.

Okay, I've gone on long enough.

Froilen

Smash Apprentice
in the last 2 comercials, they introduce 4 character each one... I predic 3 more comercials whith the rest of the cast and the 3th party character reminding, or...
just 2 more whit Zero suit samus and Samus with just one introdution for both, without snake and sonic:):):)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Nintendo can't go back on they word now, they made the commercials for the game. It's comming out soon, no more delays.

Danon

Smash Apprentice
Whats the link to the Youtube Pokemon trainer/Dedede video? Sorry, Can't find it on here.

GenG

Smash Lord
Why are you so badass, Ike? I demand a gif with the zooming effect.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Here's all three commercials in one video (excluding the Wi-Fi one). Somewhat better quality and some other things are added to them as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jcrxbn6LQ4
Finally, someone got the last vid up on youtube, I couldn't watch it properly on the Japanese site. The 3rd one's easily the best for us, as it has more footage of Pkmon trainer and Dedede for the first time. That bit straight after he lands, do you think that's his voice?

Also at 00.12ish, did anyone notice Peach seems to scream more clearly than in Melee? Actually sounds more dramatic there than Melee.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
For anyone wondering the guy voicing PT in this trailer sounds like Staoshi (Ash's) japanese voice actor...

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
as interested as I am on that topic... I'll have to ask you (can't force you or anything) to discuss this on another thread. i don't want this to be like the snake smash attacks debate again.

The japanese say they like it. if sakurai can please the japanese with japanese VO, i think we'll be happy with english VO. :)
Sonic doesn't think so. XD

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else think Ike looks like a flippin' psycho? XD
Sort of. It looks like he's in love with his sword. Also, if you listen closely in the part of one of the commercials that has Andross, it sounds like he burps to make the panels come out. XD

Top Bottom