• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Sputnikk8156

Smash Journeyman
^^yeah that would be pretty cool...but a rather long name for online dontcha think lol..isn't the limit like 5 letter name or something?

that was for roith btw.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Aeris, have you checked out the site Gimpy says is the Japanese Smashboards? I don't find much of anything on it. I haven't found any forums or discussion topic sites. It's like a big myspace/facebook site for Smash players.
No, I haven't, actually--all I did was set up that nifty little profile, haha. Once you said that it was MySpace / Facebook for Smash players, I dismissed it. Did you still want me to check it? Are any of the other sites worth checking? I'll do my best with whatever you want. :grin:

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
No, I haven't, actually--all I did was set up that nifty little profile, haha. Once you said that it was MySpace / Facebook for Smash players, I dismissed it. Did you still want me to check it? Are any of the other sites worth checking? I'll do my best with whatever you want. :grin:
Well, i think that was Gimpyfish's BIG NEWS for podcast. (i haven't gotten around to listening to it yet so i could be wrong) he's saying it's the japanese smashboards. i'm just not seeing it, though.

it's the same site I.T.P. mentioned on page 20 or something.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
i hope so sputnik i want my name to be Khoas as for now idk bout it
i hope sakurai bossed it up to 5 chars maybe owned is a good one........

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
I saw the other commercial on Brawl Central, if thats what you all are looking for.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Aeris, (or whoever) information #8 on this list
http://sumabura-x.seesaa.net/article/38605919.html
It's old, I know but they could have known something for very long. Is that saying that Sakurai said that there will be Japan-ONLY characters this time?

btw, for the commercials, i think they run 2 at a time. this is one set (two ads).
there's supposedly one with dedede, ike and pokemon trainer

Sputnikk8156

Smash Journeyman
It's old, I know but they could have known something for very long. Is that saying that Sakurai said that there will be Japan-ONLY characters this time?
from what i got...
スマッシュブラザーズシリーズ being to be sold in the entire world, the character っ て which in just Japan sells difficult to pick up the fact that you say. But it was sold in only Japan, as for ロイ of the "fire emblem", the っ which is made the black extremely you rejoiced that

maybe there talking about roy being in sbbm there for a cash cow?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

btw, for the commercials, i think they run 2 at a time. this is one set (two ads).
there's supposedly one with dedede, ike and pokemon trainer
Nope, nothin' new. They're just translations of Sakurai's comments on the blog way back when. Basically, it's the same stuff that SamuraiPanda posted back in the day. I saw nothing alluding to Japan-exclusive characters. (Be careful how you word that--Japan-only and Japan-exclusive are different things. ;))

Makes sense about the commercials. One of the comments mentioned Sonic and Snake, and another referenced the aforementioned characters, so we must be missing some CMs (haha) still.

no both commercials from brawl central i found on youtube and posted the links on thread.
OT, but where in Ohio do you live? I'm in Parma. Nice to meet a fellow Ohioan. :grin:

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Makes sense about the commercials. One of the comments mentioned Sonic and Snake, and another referenced the aforementioned characters, so we must be missing some CMs (haha) still.
I noticed the commercials are back to back because they're recorded on the same tv. it has a clock on the top left. also, the clock says 8:58 and 8:59, meaning... back to back.

anything on the "Japanese Smashboards"?

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I noticed the commercials are back to back because they're recorded on the same tv. it has a clock on the top left. also, the clock says 8:58 and 8:59, meaning... back to back.

anything on the "Japanese Smashboards"?
Not really, Gimpyfish has met Kei too. That's about the only developement. Not too much translating is being done.

EDIT: I think the number 8 info might be talking about Lucas, because his game is "sold in Japan alone", just like Roy "who was black and was so pleasing."

EDIT 2: If I'm right about the Lucas thing, then the "NIKUKATTARI" might mean the Dojo.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
so has anyone noticed besides me kirby's new VA in the first commercial link i posted..?
at the risk of reviving a conversation that was done with a while ago, i just wanna point out that the voice actors might be different between versions, so maybe kirby sounds the same in the american version of brawl as he did in the american version of melee. we dont really know.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
do you happen to know where wadsworth is aeris?
Sure do. Just west of Akron, right? Out of curiosity, where did you get the numbers in your name? (And just a side note: try not to double / triple post; instead, just edit your original post. ;))

And ShortFuse, I'll check smash.or.tp as best as I can. I couldn't navigate it without extreme difficulty (thank goodness that some headers are in katakana!), so I'll do the best I can with Google and Denshi Jisho by my side, haha.

stace19 said:
oh and aeris has a sexy avatar
Hellz yeah! Pit is quite the bishounen. ;)

EDIT: ShortFuse, I'll check the commercial thread instead and get back to you.

Sputnikk8156

Smash Journeyman
i just put random numbers in i guess lol.

why is there some significance?

EDIT: lol thats cool thats cool.

and im glad we foound more CM's plus great quality!! PLUS ALL THE CHARACTERS I CARE BOUT MOST(not yosi!! minus lucas htough...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
i just put random numbers in i guess lol.

why is there some significance?
Haha, one of my friends' birthdays is Aug. 15th, pretty sure it was '86 (but that's kind of a guess), and he goes to the University of Akron. Funny coincidence, I guess. :)

EPIC! Thanks for the link! Great quality, and the missing video. Wonderful find!

EDIT: GAHHH PT footage. Delicious. :grin:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Did anyone see the part in the vid where all three ot the PT pokemon were crawling after Yoshi at once? At first I thought it was three different guys playing as PT, but they are all the same color.

Can PT have all 3 pokemon out at once for supreme ownage?

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
The site must be getting flooded or something cause it's taking forever to load (my internet isn't the problem).

Edit: I can't get on to any part of the wii page.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
MUST SEE KIRBY COLORED META-KNIGHT!!!

I really hoped for that color change, if they did do that...that is just awesome!!!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Excerpt from Post 144:
"CM come out.
It is based on the initial 24 characters and the remaining four characters at a time, so at least four different KATAI more. Above all [Sonic and Snake are not] There yet. "

Basically, a user made a post trying to analyze a pattern with the CMs. In his words, there will be at least four more commercials to reveal a total of 24 characters--roughly what we have seen on the DOJO.

Zeio

Smash Apprentice
Can someone put the video on youtube or something, cuz the video for me isn't loading at all.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Which one is the video with PKMN Trainer?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I love the translating team. this thread = WIN!
As Aeris states, THE SEARCH CONTINUES!!!

But Aeris, Snake and Sonic are 3rd party, maybe that counts for something.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
So dedede has the same recovery as kirby (float), even though he's a heavyweight. Dedede looks like uBer-pwnage. And PT might possibly be able to bring out all 3 pokemon at once!

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
So dedede has the same recovery as kirby (float), even though he's a heavyweight. Dedede looks like uBer-pwnage. And PT might possibly be able to bring out all 3 pokemon at once!
I really wish I could see this video. Also, I wanna point out that the three pokemon might have been from three different PT's. I know you said they all seemed to be the same color, but if you notice in the pics on dojo of the event match where they show PT's alternate color, the pokemon themselves looked very similar depite the PT's change in outfit.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I love the translating team. this thread = WIN!
As Aeris states, THE SEARCH CONTINUES!!!

But Aeris, Snake and Sonic are 3rd party, maybe that counts for something.
I do, too! This has been more exciting than waiting for DOJO updates. Kudos on starting this whole thread, ShortFuse!

It might count for something, and the post IS merely speculation on his part, so we may or may not be seeing Sonic and Snake in a commercial.

And about PT's Final Smash: it looks SO much different than I expected. Truly, the DOJO pictures do not do it justice.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
I do, too! This has been more exciting than waiting for DOJO updates. Kudos on starting this whole thread, ShortFuse!

It might count for something, and the post IS merely speculation on his part, so we may or may not be seeing Sonic and Snake in a commercial.

And about PT's Final Smash: it looks SO much different than I expected. Truly, the DOJO pictures do not do it justice.
O, it was his final smash. That explains why all three were out at once. I still haven't been able to get the video to load so I wouldn't have known.

Top Bottom