• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I really wish I could see this video. Also, I wanna point out that the three pokemon might have been from three different PT's. I know you said they all seemed to be the same color, but if you notice in the pics on dojo of the event match where they show PT's alternate color, the pokemon themselves looked very similar depite the PT's change in outfit.
I'm pretty sure it's the same PT, because they all have their traditional color scheme. Although in Melee, you could have three guys playing as the same color, and it would be different shades of the same color. Can't be sure, but I almost positive its just one PT.

Garuda

Smash Ace
@ GoldenS1104: Well no, there was also a part where they were walking towards Yoshi, who was crawling backwards. I'll have to look at that again... but I'm tired for now.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
O, it was his final smash. That explains why all three were out at once. I still haven't been able to get the video to load so I wouldn't have known.
There are two different parts, though. The FS is shown at the very end of the video, while the three Pokemon moving in unison is toward the beginning, just before we see Yoshi's name (YOSSHII).

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
@ GoldenS1104: Well no, there was also a part where they were walking towards Yoshi, who was crawling backwards. I'll have to look at that again... but I'm tired for now.
Ok. Maybe I should just keep my nose out of this till i see the video. lol

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
O, it was his final smash. That explains why all three were out at once. I still haven't been able to get the video to load so I wouldn't have known.
No, they're all out during the Final Smash, but in the part I'm talking about they're all crawling towards Yoshi at once while he crawls backwards.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
The Wii website it taking a MASSIVE hit. Too many people in Japane know about it.

We're not hitting the biggest forum in Japan. Sumabura-x.com is just the tip of the ice berg. Maybe we should be looking for Melee forums since they would be the bigger fans.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Seriously though, Heavyweight (Bowser) + Range (Ice Climber/ Hammer) + Recovery (Kirby) = King Dedede.

When you think about it, he's God tier material.
Meta Knight pwns, Kirby restored to his former glory, and now this. Sakurai is clearly favoring his own creations.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Seriously though, Heavyweight (Bowser) + Range (Ice Climber/ Hammer) + Recovery (Kirby) = King Dedede.

When you think about it, he's God tier material.
Meta Knight pwns, Kirby restored to his former glory, and now this. Sakurai is clearly favoring his own creations.
Well, I'm happy 'bout that since Kirby is like my favorite series...'cept Mario

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
There's still an Ike video to be found. Yes, I said it. IKE!!! Roith, get ready. I was supposed to go to sleep but I need to keep looking!

Ike was in one of the first two (the one with the warioware stage) but I think there's another video.

Edit: oh wait, the pokemon trainer video DID have Ike. and yoshi and dedede. ( says their names)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
From Post 146:
アイスバーグが思いのほか強そうでした。
でもやはり吹っ飛びはないんでしょうね。
"That iceberg is surprisingly strong.
But it does not吹っ飛びI think. "

The poster mentions that the Ice Climbers' FS does quite a bit of damage, but does not seem to knock opponents away. This gives us more insight about the Iceberg itself, and it sounds like a nice balance: rack up damage--and possibly freeze--with the Iceberg, and then KO the opponent(s) yourself.

The next poster also seems to speculate about the clip from CM1, mentioning that he/she did not know about the Metroid AT that was shown in the brief Castle Siege segment.

There's still an Ike video to be found. Yes, I said it. IKE!!! Roith, get ready. I was supposed to go to sleep but I need to keep looking!

Ike was in one of the first two (the one with the warioware stage) but I think there's another video.
Ike's in CM3...or is there ANOTHER video?!

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
Where is this 3rd video? I cant find it on the first page..

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Yeah noted. Aeris, I think you (or the JPN poster) was right about profiling each character. i don't think it'll all be today. i think that's it for today, nintendo wouldn't just put up 3 to put up one later... that's it. i'm editing the first post and not making it so imperative to look

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I'm lovin this thread, but its almost 3:00 here, and I have school on Monday...

Stay Awake or sleep?

I think the drool on the keyboard just answered my question. SLEEP IT IS!

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
**** yeah! This completely replaces all the bad and horrible updates we've had for the past two months. Thanks a lot, SF.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Yeah noted. Aeris, I think you (or the JPN poster) was right about profiling each character. i don't think it'll all be today. i think that's it for today, nintendo wouldn't just put up 3 to put up one later... that's it. i'm editing the first post and not making it so imperative to look
Probably not. If anything, this was just a teaser to tide us over for the weekend. ;)

(Although won't it suck if these are the DOJO updates on Monday? lol Ohh, I can see it now...)

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Probably not. If anything, this was just a teaser to tide us over for the weekend. ;)

(Although won't it suck if these are the DOJO updates on Monday? lol Ohh, I can see it now...)
So? We can say "oh yeah, we the translation team saw that days ago. pfft!"

I don't know if it will. it has the character's name in japanese so they'd have to redo the video in 6 languages. not to say it's hard but... they might cop out and do something silly like Beam Sword item

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
I don't really like Pokemon Trainer's voice. Hopefully, it will be a whole lot different and not as annoying to listen to in the English versions.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord

All Three..?
as interested as I am on that topic... I'll have to ask you (can't force you or anything) to discuss this on another thread. i don't want this to be like the snake smash attacks debate again.

I don't really like Pokemon Trainer's voice. Hopefully, it will be a whole lot different and not as annoying to listen to in the English versions.
The japanese say they like it. if sakurai can please the japanese with japanese VO, i think we'll be happy with english VO. :)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

All Three..?
The jury's still out on that clip, and by "the jury," I mean the unofficial translation team of this thread. ;) Remember: this is an advertisement no doubt created by the development team. It wouldn't hard for them to use all three Pokemon at once, so this might be less scandalous than it originally seemed.

So? We can say "oh yeah, we the translation team saw that days ago. pfft!"

I don't know if it will. it has the character's name in japanese so they'd have to redo the video in 6 languages. not to say it's hard but... they might cop out and do something silly like Beam Sword item
That's true! I do feel a little special. :grin:

And no need for Beam Sword! Remember the "Items from Previous Games" update? ;)

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
That's true! I do feel a little special. :grin:

And no need for Beam Sword! Remember the "Items from Previous Games" update? ;)
"This is the cover art for the game. I hope you all enjoy it. We put a lot of work making it"

*Shows Cover*

"You'll notice the Wi-Fi logo on the bottom left"

*Zooms in*

"This means the game will utilize Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection."

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's not them preparing...watch the part about the Final Smash....They do it instantaneously when they are summoned

They can't walk around

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
"This is the cover art for the game. I hope you all enjoy it. We put a lot of work making it"

*Shows Cover*

"You'll notice the Wi-Fi logo on the bottom left"

*Zooms in*

"This means the game will utilize Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection."
*facetable*

I dread the thought. :chuckle:

It's not them preparing...watch the part about the Final Smash....They do it instantaneously when they are summoned

They can't walk around
Quoth myself (with a little edit for clarity):
"Remember: this is an advertisement no doubt created by the development team. It wouldn't hard for them to use all three Pokemon at once by setting up a situation--three Pokemon Trainers against a single Yoshi--in which each PT is using a different Pokemon, so this might be less scandalous than it originally seemed."

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
*facetable*

I dread the thought. :chuckle:

Quoth myself (with a little edit for clarity):
"Remember: this is an advertisement no doubt created by the development team. It wouldn't hard for them to use all three Pokemon at once by setting up a situation--three Pokemon Trainers against a single Yoshi--in which each PT is using a different Pokemon, so this might be less scandalous than it originally seemed."
I know that, I'm trying to correct the people that keep saying it's the Final Smash

Soodey

Smash Apprentice
very interesting......

This whole east meets west thing is pretty cool.

Top Bottom