• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Even if it is fake, wouldn't it be possible to have downloadable characters? I mean, they would be saved on yor Wii, not the game, and the game reads the info on the Wii and lets you play as the characters.

If they did do this I'm sure they would only release a few characters, or they would make the characters stay in your game temporarily only.

Crushed

Smash Apprentice
Even if it is fake, wouldn't it be possible to have downloadable characters? I mean, they would be saved on yor Wii, not the game, and the game reads the info on the Wii and lets you play as the characters.

If they did do this I'm sure they would only release a few characters, or they would make the characters stay in your game temporarily only.
The game would need programming in it telling it how to find, load, and use downloadable characters.

Otherwise, it's just a hunk of data sitting on your Wii.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I know, but some people say "it's fake" some say "it's real" so I repeated what you said.
It is real, but there no DLC talk, or so we believe. I know SP isn't so fluent in written Japanese as he is verbally. It still an interview and I've noted in the first post that SP says there no mention of DLC as some rumors stated. Also, the original P-Nintendo article this in question form, something my translator didn't pick up. It didn't confirm it, it just presented it as a possibility. The DLC thing as a possibility and on top of that the entire content of the article being questionable.

Dust319

Smash Apprentice
Also, the original P-Nintendo article this in question form, something my translator didn't pick up. It didn't confirm it, it just presented it as a possibility. The DLC thing as a possibility and on top of that the entire content of the article being questionable.
I skimmed the P-Nintendo article again, though my French is a little rusty. Your translator is right though. The writer seems to be under the impression that the article may be about Downloadable content, but says this needs to be confirmed.

On a lighter note, the bottom of the article then begs Sakurai to tell the date. LOL... Sorry Europe.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
1000th Post.

.Yoshi translated:

it's sakurai and the magazine talking about the making of smash. about his new staff, the characters that would be in the game, and how it would involve people all over the world (wifi). a unique experience for everyone. nothing new that i can see.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
... is this a joke?

You really bumped a thread over a year old?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
sorry 4 that =p

I found this topic by google LOL.
That excuse doesn't work. ;)

There's a little note right above the reply box that tells you when the last post was. Over a year ago. You ignored it and necro'd it for whatever reason, asking for Melee.

Gewd stoof.

roroverma

Smash Cadet
What the...This was the only topic I used on SmashBoards last year, and now it's alive again? Nostalgic...

NO BUMPY THIS EPIC TOPIC.

Top Bottom