• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
Stage builder, videos, screenshots and all of the other features are probably included in this "128 blocks of save data."

If this is true, then it's absolutely amazing.
I would expect them to be kept separately. Snapshots in Melee were kept as individual files on the memory card.

Also, can someone please explain to me why a large save file points to Brawl using a dual layer disk? Melee only used 11 block, but Animal Crossing required 59. Therefore, Animal Crossing used a dual layer disk. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. The size of a game's save file isn't directly proportional to the size of its rom/iso. Animal Crossing was small enough to originally be released on an N64 cart.

FYI the Wii doesn't handle dual layer disks too well. Modders have been able to make the Wii read them, but only by adjusting a variable resistor on the drive to increase the output of the laser. This will eventually lead to a premature death of the Wii's drive.

Revven

FrankerZ
Oh, and I can't look at all the pages so here is what Im talking about. . .
http://i31.tinypic.com/2rw84g9.jpg Sora's logo.

And if Brawl IS duel layered you know that that means. . .Nya has been right about EVERYTHING and the 35 roster is bumped up abit more in likely hood.
But thats IF it's duel layered. . . IDK how you can tell but that a. . .lot of. . .blokes. . .
I was just thinking that myself... if it truly is dual-layered this confirms Nya even more as well as the 35 roster (though, how can it be wrong? Really, it's just a bunch of people that believe it to be "fake" because of the character choices).

Black/Light

Smash Master
I was just thinking that myself... if it truly is dual-layered this confirms Nya even more as well as the 35 roster (though, how can it be wrong? Really, it's just a bunch of people that believe it to be "fake" because of the character choices).

Yeah, I know. Seems like some of our friends here are going to be in the fetal position, holding their wii-motes, saying "this can't be real! No {insert fan wanted character}! Whyyyy!?!? It's a gaint hoax. . .it has to be!!!" when it's all over with.

Seems like Nya's cred just shot up once more (as if Ness and WW Link AND Olimar's B moves where not enuff) and we are one step closer to the finnal 35 char roster being confirmed.

Just one thing. . .HOW THE HELL HASN'T THE GAME BEEN 100% LEAKED YET?!? We appearantly have someone who was complaining about the very problem it appears that Ninten is trying to fix some odd days ago. . .if this is all true than why hasn't someone leaked it yet?

Revolver Roosevelt

Smash Cadet
new pokemon evolution tree discovered

MockListar
Prophetus(evolves from Mocklistar at level 50)
Leakarr(Evolves from Prophetus when given an audacity stone)
Leakarrton(Evolves from Leakarr after encountering 6 other leakarrs.)
Liyar(Evolves from Leakarrton after 2 of the most "reliable" of said leakarrs admit that it was just a joke on the smash community.)

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
Hey that back of the box picture - has copyrights listed for characters. Does it list any 3rd party companies not already confirmed? If not, that means no chance of characters from Capcom or the like. I mean, I know you can't see all of them in the picture, but whoever took the picture would have noticed another company on there right?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Few people deny that it's probably the roster; in fact, most of us are pretty certain that it is the roster. People don't believe it to be "fake" because of the character choices--they simply don't want it to be. There's a big difference, and you make it sound as if the entire community is too naïve to realize how likely this is. Don't get me wrong--there ARE people who cry "FAKE" because Ridley (for example) isn't on it. But they are most certainly a minority, and most of us dissenters merely dislike it (in varying degrees).

Do I like the roster? No. Do I think that there should be at least a few more characters than 35? Of course. Do I think that the unlockables are thoroughly underwhelming? Without question.

But do I think it's "fake," or even unlikely? Not really.

Speak for yourself. ;)

dooky

Smash Cadet
Hmm. I can make out a few more katakana in the lower photograph. The part before the underlined section (the one that mentions "50" and "savedata") says "Adventure Mode". Below that, there's some more blurb about "Collection" (and also the word "copy", which could refer to any number of things).

Revven

FrankerZ
Few people deny that it's probably the roster; in fact, most of us are pretty certain that it is the roster. People don't believe it to be "fake" because of the character choices--they simply don't want it to be. There's a big difference, and you make it sound as if the entire community is too naïve to realize how likely this is. Don't get me wrong--there ARE people who cry "FAKE" because Ridley (for example) isn't on it. But they are most certainly a minority, and most of us dissenters merely dislike it (in varying degrees).

Do I like the roster? No. Do I think that there should be at least a few more characters than 35? Of course. Do I think that the unlockables are thoroughly underwhelming? Without question.

Speak for yourself. ;)
Well, true... I was mostly speaking about the people who just come out of nowhere and say it's fake. Not the people that dislike it, perhaps I should've explained myself more instead of being so general and basically generalizing the community, which, I shouldn't have done.

I apologize for the generalizations on my behalf.

Black/Light

Smash Master

Speak for yourself. ;)
I wouldn't give people that much credit. I see a hell of alot of "Either R.O.B CANT be PC. . .they are both deconfirmed!" going around and a hell of alot of people are ignoring it.

And thats not only here. . . Brawl Central/ Nsider 2 are both full of people who think that the 35 roster is basically deconfirmed because of ROB/ "Krystal aint on it and she was half way confirmed"/ "Ridleeee is all but confirmed!"/ "Geno 5 votes poll thingy/ etc etc etc. . .

So no, I wouldn't say a majority of people have accepted the 35 roster. Seems like alot of people are in denail and others are simply ignoring it and calling it "deconfirm".

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Where did that picture of the back come from? It really peeves me that no one is willing to put up videos of them playing this game.

Sputnikk8156

Smash Journeyman
i'm pleased with the roster since i get to play as lucario...and dedede and PT

Geno would be a nice addition but oh well..the game will be incredible anyway :)

that 40/40 goes to prove it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Why is everyone talking like the 35 character roster is a sure sure thing all of a sudden?

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
justAbill. said:
Why is everyone talking like the 35 character roster is a sure sure thing all of a sudden?
Most people believe it, because, to be honest, nothing at this point is really dis-proving it. The character predictions seem to be coming true, and a few other things they mentioned are coming true, R.O.B having a connection with the AM seems plausible, upping R.O.B's chances.

I don't think its fake at this point. it sounds like a roster Sakurai would conduct. Look at Melee.

Sputnikk8156

Smash Journeyman
Most people believe it, because, to be honest, nothing at this point is really dis-proving it. The character predictions seem to be coming true, and a few other things they mentioned are coming true, R.O.B having a connection with the AM seems plausible, upping R.O.B's chances.

I don't think its fake at this point. it sounds like a roster Sakurai would conduct. Look at Melee.
verrrrrrrrry true

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I don't really understand how the 35 character roster is so concrete. Yes, I am angry about Ridley (I'd actually love Krystal being out, though) but I still have a problem with R.O.B. can anyone give me anything to believe otherwise? He seems to be a generic subspace enemy.
Someone, anyone give me evidence proving any of this.
I really hope that some hong kong leaking goes on tonight, I think just knowing it all will help me pass the time.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Why are you all spamming my thread?
It's bad enough GoNintendo is linking to it and now it's being swarmed for 35 roster babble?

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Is it that far beyond the realm of possibility that they made a ROB leader as playable, and we simply haven't seen it yet for obvious reasons? Like a R.O.B. 2.0 upgrade of sorts? Who says it even HAS to be one of the ROBs we know of...it could very well be a leader of all the ROBs. I don't like this roster anymore than the next person, but people need to stop acting as if they've debunked it when they haven't. The only thing that will debunk it is the Dojo or pic/vid proof from the actual game, not speculation.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I wouldn't give people that much credit. I see a hell of alot of "Either R.O.B CANT be PC. . .they are both deconfirmed!" going around and a hell of alot of people are ignoring it.

And thats not only here. . . Brawl Central/ Nsider 2 are both full of people who think that the 35 roster is basically deconfirmed because of ROB/ "Krystal aint on it and she was half way confirmed"/ "Ridleeee is all but confirmed!"/ "Geno 5 votes poll thingy/ etc etc etc. . .

So no, I wouldn't say a majority of people have accepted the 35 roster. Seems like alot of people are in denail and others are simply ignoring it and calling it "deconfirm".
They're not in denial, they're just right.
THE 35 CHARACTER ROSTER IS FAKE.
You even said it yourself, Rob64/R.O.B. proved that.
I personally don't care if Krystal is in (she's originally not even Star Fox), or if fanboys scream stuff about Geno, but as far as I know(with facts backing me up) the roster HASN'T been leaked.

roroverma

Smash Cadet
it seems like Hong Kong is realeasing the game JUST NOW.

Can someone get info?
are you serious?
Also, if you look at the chronicle section on the dojo today, it said as of December 2007, which means it might be updated via mail. It also has pictures of DS and Gamecube, which would mean their would be recent games as well.

Revven

FrankerZ
They're not in denial, they're just right.
THE 35 CHARACTER ROSTER IS FAKE.
You even said it yourself, Rob64/R.O.B. proved that.
I personally don't care if Krystal is in (she's originally not even Star Fox), or if fanboys scream stuff about Geno, but as far as I know(with facts backing me up) the roster HASN'T been leaked.
Nope, not proof enough. It's not debunked until the release of the game debunks it (with visual proof). No visual proof = No debunk.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Nope, not proof enough. It's not debunked until the release of the game debunks it (with visual proof). No visual proof = No debunk.
If pictures are not visual proof then what is?
You(and all those 35roster supporters) WILL be proven wrong in a couple of days.
In the end we'll have to wait and see, but arguing that there's not enough proof at this point is like saying Ness(or Jiggs, or Lucario) isn't in.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Predicting a few things correctly doesn't make u a "real leaker" A real leaker gives solid proof. like pictures.

Revven

FrankerZ
If pictures are not visual proof then what is?
You(and all those 35roster supporters) WILL be proven wrong in a couple of days.
In the end we'll have to wait and see, but arguing that there's not enough proof at this point is like saying Ness(or Jiggs, or Lucario) isn't in.
There aren't any pictures that prove this roster wrong... the R.O.B Squad proves nothing at all yet. And, I'm not a "supporter", I think the roster is a possibility but by no means 100% true. If it isn't, oh well, who cares? If it is, yay, I don't have to be as disappointed as I was a week ago.

You sound very confident and full of yourself, it's not wise to make a bet in such a manner. But, yes, we will see indeed.

Top Bottom