• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
on topic: whats the point of gettin hyped bout whobby when the real thing comes out in a < week
There really isn't any point. I just changed the topic. I didn't even bump it since even I barely care about it. I just about when the ISO leaks so I can download it and rip the file contents to get the full roster. Hoping it's not a familiar list of 35

Well if the 35 man roster isn't true than he's totally S.O.L. He put all of his eggs into that basket.

Right, just like SamuraiPanda got his moderator status revoked from the proven false Conspiracy Theoracy

--
Btw I need help translating this: http://wii-ds.com/article/80787978.html
It's basically saying why Ridori is a reliable source (aka the guy who said Ridley, Falco and Jigglypuff are playable characters)

YSM

Smash Apprentice
There really isn't any point. I just changed the topic. I didn't even bump it since even I barely care about it. I just about when the ISO leaks so I can download it and rip the file contents to get the full roster. Hoping it's not a familiar list of 35

Right, just like SamuraiPanda got his moderator status revoked from the proven false Conspiracy Theoracy

--
It's basically saying why Ridori is a reliable source (aka the guy who said Ridley, Falco and Jigglypuff are playable characters)
Yeah, I really wish I knew Japanese right about now...translators needed!

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
@ShortFuse: SamuraiPanda isn't a mod anymore?

Boooo :[

You do know that he was making an example right? SP did not lose his mod status just because he made a theory that few liked and that flopped. So why would something like that effect his chances at modship?

And, to SP. Sorry about not liking your theory and all, but IIRC didn't you not like it either? lol. I think you and SF are on the same page here. lol.

--

Anyways... Isn't Whobby going on right now? Has no info at all come out, or are we still waiting?

S2

Smash Lord
Is Whobby day 4 going to have anything new that we don't already know about?

I'm surprised that the full game hasn't been leaked at this point.

Anyway, looking forward to reading about it even if no new info arises.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord

--
Isn't Ridori japanese for Ridley? Anyway, I can't help right now with my little japanese knowledge (enough to grasp the general meaning of a sentence with a Kanji reference tool) because this PC (laptop) isn't displaying the characters, and mom is in the desktop.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I don't think we'll get any information on WHobby. It's the same demo as the past 3 events and everyone care about the Wii Station demos since they'll have more information, if anything.

fos

Smash Cadet
I don't think we'll get any information on WHobby. It's the same demo as the past 3 events and everyone care about the Wii Station demos since they'll have more information, if anything.
yep.. nothing new like videos or pics.. just the same character's impressions we already know... anyway .. the time runs fast..

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Just to be clear, the source is not "Ridori" as that is the Japanese spelling of Ridley. The source's name is transcribed into Romaji as Roodorii, which could be anything from Rodley to Lodely, and none of the names I can turn it into make any sense. I doubt that's the point though.

S2

Smash Lord
We already got so much good info from Whobby in the previous days, its really okay that it was just the same demo again for day 4.

The videos of the new in store demo is enough to tide me over until we see footage from someone's actual copy of the full game.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Just to be clear, the source is not "Ridori" as that is the Japanese spelling of Ridley. The source's name is transcribed into Romaji as Roodorii, which could be anything from Rodley to Lodely, and none of the names I can turn it into make any sense. I doubt that's the point though.
ロードリー = RIDORI as the username of the leaker
リドリー = RIDORI but really, it's Ridley

Though it's the same, it's not the same.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
ロードリー = RIDORI as the username of the leaker
リドリー = RIDORI but really, it's Ridley

Though it's the same, it's not the same.
I think you mean
ロードリー Ro-dori-
リドリー Ridori-

Also that article just talks about his past in the history of his leaks and how reliable he supposedly is. He revealed the new Kirby Super Star game for the DS before it was announced officially. That itself is something.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
SO basically everyone and anyone whos "leaked" info about brawl has credible info.

This directly conflicts with Markman and Reno so im inclined to like it.

But then again it comes out in a few days so all questions will be answered.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Could be, we wont know for sure until this Thursday.
I'm still waiting on that major leak. It really is a shame that they didn't change the Demo and Olimar and Zelda to it and let people use cameras etc. It doesn't matter though, Everything shall be found this week!! :D

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Erm guys I was in japan a month ago. I went to search for new info about smash, bought corocoro (which in my opinion, sux pretty badly) But I bought this magazine called DS+Wii. They had a huge booklet about brawl. Sorry, no new info though, but it was a lot better than the skimpy corocoro. I want to ask, who have the march version? The march issue also has a feature on brawl. and its 132 pages.

BTW, the magazine had brawl stickers and a poster of mario party ds, and a duel masters card. SWEET.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/ファミ通DS+Wii-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201430364&sr=1-1

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Erm guys I was in japan a month ago. I went to search for new info about smash, bought corocoro (which in my opinion, sux pretty badly) But I bought this magazine called DS+Wii. They had a huge booklet about brawl. Sorry, no new info though, but it was a lot better than the skimpy corocoro. I want to ask, who have the march version? The march issue also has a feature on brawl. and its 132 pages.

BTW, the magazine had brawl stickers and a poster of mario party ds, and a duel masters card. SWEET.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/ファミ通DS+Wii-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201430364&sr=1-1
The March issue is not out yet. But Ive kept an eye out and there are a lot of Brrawl booklets here and there. but the best by far is th eone in the current Fanmitsu Weekly. its the one that gives character specs and talks about gliding, wall clinging and so forth in detail.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236

You do know that he was making an example right? SP did not lose his mod status just because he made a theory that few liked and that flopped. So why would something like that effect his chances at modship?

And, to SP. Sorry about not liking your theory and all, but IIRC didn't you not like it either? lol. I think you and SF are on the same page here. lol.

--

Anyways... Isn't Whobby going on right now? Has no info at all come out, or are we still waiting?
lo give me break, I never pay attention to moderators.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Ah, yes, RODORI is the guy's username. I sorry. I don't know how reliable but he would disconfirm the 35 roster, which is good.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So ShortFuse is trying to become a moderator? What does it take to become a moderator? I have done much work and service to this forum as well. My analyses and foresight are excellent to say the least, and I have tried my best to provide the forum with the latest rumors and information. I was also the first one to piece together the 35 character roster, and if someone had not submitted what I compiled to MarkMan and Reno, we would still be speculating which characters made up the 35 character roster. I rarely make threads so I guess that's the reason why I am not as well known as ShortFuse. Though I dislike the 35 character roster a lot and feel it does not do many franchises justice, I think it will have cemented me a place in the history of the Brawl roster leak.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
If anyone is interested ITP posted some videos of the event from youtube...the biggest eye opener for me was the PT Pokemon selection..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c45h8cCMd4I

And Dedede owns sooo f*cking hardcore god d*mn I love him the purple and black robes..FTW...and PT owns aswell! :D

Edit: THANKS TO ITP!!!
Those videos weren't from WHOBBY. They recently started setting up Brawl demo stations in Japanese retailers. That's where that was taken. Regardless, it was nice of ITP to go to the trouble of filming and posting those videos.

2L84U

Smash Journeyman
Olimar is named Orima in Japanese.

the characters オリマーis a reversal of the lettersマリオ, which is mario, shown in the commercial fighter #4

Thino

Smash Master
no , Olimar is Olimar in japanese , its just written Orima cuz they dont pronunce the final "r" when saying roman words
Orima is only the katakana translated into roman , not the japanese name

otherwise Koopa (Bowser) would be Kuppa

WeltallZero

Smash Cadet
Also, the Angel Kirby sticker gives the ability "Star Rod wo motte Iku", i.e. "Carry a/the Star Rod". Probably means that your character starts each SSE stage with one in hand. I'm really glad to see there are stickers that do more than improve your stats.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
A few days ago (4 days ago actually) I found a blog on 2CH about somebody complaining how Brawl is the sux0rs because it wouldn't boot. I didn't believe because I thought it was fake. Kotaku also reported this but we know how reliable Kotaku can be about Brawl Info (not very).

Well it turns out it's true and Nintendo has submitted a workaround for it.

Google translation tells me this is the workaround:
Ulla concrete steps.
(1) pressing the power button for four seconds, remove the disk (2), (3) put another load times confirmed

After the firmware update instructions not to be able to properly display messages.

Thino

Smash Master
theres soo much info that looks true on 2ch just they are things that we nver heard about so its pretty confusin , those kind of info turn out to be true like 60% of times , its pretty confusing lol

Top Bottom