• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I don't care which roster is right or wrong.

I know for sure if ShortFuse support 35 Characters with R.O.B. I am worried about his reputation might be shatter because after he might be wrong then everyone wouldn't respect or look at him like they used to because he declare this roster as final "true" roster.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
No, it's fake. Seriously, I don't get how people are so gullible. So much suspicion surrounds all of these recent "leaks" (like why it's been over 12 hours without more updates, like why the Wii disk doesn't have a rating on it, like why the video stops right before gameplay, etc. etc.) Use your heads people. You all are so gullible; it's ridiculous.

Tatanga4Brawl

Smash Apprentice
ShortFuse, you are the man for sticking it through. Most everyone seems to be denial. Guys, this is the REAL roster. I'm going to laugh when you guys find that out soon. Everyone will eventually get over it and enjoy Brawl, I know I will. This will truly be "The Brawl to end them all". And to those talking about the icon theory, you're confused. Okay, work with me here.

Say, for one crazy second, that you actually believe the truth and believe the 35 character roster. There is no Animal Crossing character or DS character there so what makes it so strange that we can have another icon (#19) that represents a stage, but no character? Do any of you seriously think we're going to get a character for every icon? As much as I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE an Animal Crossing character, I know it's not going to happen. And who in the world would be playable with a DS icon? No one, exactly.

The roster is real. Most of you are in denial. If you think these boards are in chaos right now, wait until people find out for sure that it is real, then these boards will go crazy.
Oh, shut up. I believe the icon theory applies to characters/stages.
The REAL roster??? No way, man. If R.O.B. is in, so is CD-I link as the third 3rd party character which I don't see.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Anybody forgetting Mario Kart DS? ROB. The best character in the game. God I hope ROB is in, he was one of my top choices.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
This thread isn't going to die. I made a couple of thread spin-offs. Right now the active spin-off is the "Complete Roster Revealed?" thread.

As for the FAMI WII+DS Pictures, they're from 2Chan, so if anything appears first, it'll be there. The search link for the 2chan smash thread is on the first post

But back on this thread, can somebody translate this: http://www.lepton.ne.jp/
The first article, I think has something interesting.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Translation from a dif website

ニンテンドー Wii software
About "large scuffle スマッシƒ…ブラザーズ X"
The game software where sale is planned on January 31st, ニンテンドー Wii "large scuffle スマッシƒ…ブラザーズ X" is, but
There is no serious saying reason, but, very much it became difficult circumstance to transfer the commodity on January 31st.

Order the several 806 being to have done, it does, but being January 21st, it stocked and the frequency of arrival from the trader only 154 not entering it was understood.
"Being to be good even with price, we want inserting", that being to try asking to each wholesaler, it does, but there is no stock even in the wholesaler, it was not possible to stock.

The first shipment, 30 ten thousand - 40 ten thousand comes out of the manufacturer, we have heard, but it seems that most is wholesaled at the designated store of the manufacturer.
Regrettable, the lepton had not entered into the designated store of the manufacturer, it was not possible to guarantee the commodity.

Large inconstancy you think that we apply great annoyance, painfully.

There is no excuse truly truly.

As for purchase price, the earnest we would like you to buy high.
Furthermore the selfishness we consent the fact that it is the request, but when you play and grow tired, making the lepton buy by all means, we request the fact that it can receive.

Corporation lepton

2008 January 21st

2008 January 23rd follow-up story postscript

As been able to introduce at the various places, the frequency of access increases suddenly, since beginning the home page, we record the frequency of access.
Is dishonorable thing, but many access, thank you truly.

After that, information has entered little by little, but there are no times when, the frequency of arrival increases after all dramatically, still it keeps continuing negotiation.

Still, it is not enough at all, but it could add about 100 for 7350 Yen which are higher than price.
Because selling price with the other companies way cannot acquire so high price in comparison, as for a little deficit it comes out with you think, but we would like to sell at the price which does not put annoyance on the customer.

In addition, 24 day in tomorrow takes a business trip to Tokyo in the board of directors of ゲームスジャパン.
If it can be able to make that time, the variety it starts asking story distantly whether data gathering and arrival the frequency somehow it is not possible.

This time we apply great annoyance, pile up and pile up and there is no excuse truly.
In addition, many access thank you.

New Year's Day pleasure plan rep circular mistake searching! Correct answer election announcement!
< Correct answer announcement >
< With click enlargement (pdf) >

< Election announcement >
< With click enlargement (jpg) >
It did at to January 1st - January 6th,the New Year's Day pleasure plan rep circular mistake searching!In plan, many applications your warm word, thank you truly truly.

582 thing applications, thank you truly.
The number of applications to increase previous Christmas sale compared to, because also correct answer ratio was high markedly, pulling out selection became the narrow coming gate.
You question the one which beautiful is elected, truly with the め, it is.
Regrettable, there is no excuse truly in the one which leaks from pulling out selection.

This time many applications, thank you truly.
Warmly various opinion from everyone thought in the chest, in addition from this one year ardency the place where you endeavor it is existence.

Thank you truly.
No soldier/finishing we ask also this year may.

Search the Christmas pleasure plan rep circle! Correct answer election announcement!
< With click enlargement >
It did at to December 8th - December 25th,search the Christmas pleasure plan rep circle!In plan, many applications your warm word, thank you truly truly.

This time the many rep circles staying, being to be very much difficult, it does, but
As for correct answer 90 (person?) Was!

Receiving 507 thing applications, because the number of correct answers was 216, correct answer ratio 43% considerably it was difficult problem.
Because of that, the person who is correctly interpreted beautifully became election with high probability. You question with the め, it is.
Regrettable one and the problem which leaked from pulling out selection being difficult, there is no excuse truly in the one which cannot be correctly interpreted.

This time many applications, thank you truly.
It receives the valuable opinion which it receives from everyone, in the staff all true 摯, would like to keep utilizing to future.

Thank you truly.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
The only thing that ppic proves is that those are the five main good guys of SSE, probably fighting against SSE's final boss or something.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Can somebody translate this please?
ゲーム店で働いている関係で一足早くプレイした後に少し気になった所を書き込んでおきます。ステージの公表がどこもあまりされてなかったけれど隠しステージとしてゼル伝からトワイライトが用意されています。それともうひとつだけ特に気になったのがアドベンチャーモードがひとつ平均して50分くらいで終わります。結構アドベンチャーモードはあっさりした印象をうけましたがその他の対戦や収集などの仕上がりは今までの集大成といった感じでとてもバランスよくまとまっています。リモコン操作もやりやすくとても快適にプレイする事ができました。今になって予約してる人も発売日に届かない状況が出てきていますが届いたときに買ってよかったと、とても満足のいく内容になっていると思いますよ。

Sputnikk8156

Smash Journeyman
Can somebody translate this please?
ゲーム店で働いている関係で一足早くプレイした後に少し気になった所を書き込んでおきます。ステージの公表がどこもあまりされてなかったけれど隠しステージとしてゼル伝からトワイライトが用意されています。それともうひとつだけ特に気になったのがアドベンチャーモードがひとつ平均して50分くらいで終わります。結構アドベンチャーモードはあっさりした印象をうけましたがその他の対戦や収集などの仕上がりは今までの集大成といった感じでとてもバランスよくまとまっています。リモコン操作もやりやすくとても快適にプレイする事ができました。今になって予約してる人も発売日に届かない状況が出てきていますが届いたときに買ってよかったと、とても満足のいく内容になっていると思いますよ。
One foot after quickly playing, the place where a little it has become matter of concern is written with the relationship which works at the game store. However nowhere publication of stage was done excessively, it hides and the twilight is prepared from ゼル transmission as a stage. Also that just う one becoming the especially air adventure mode one averaging, it ends in about 50 minutes. Well enough, adventure mode received the impression which is done simply, but completion such as other opposition and collection balance to be very good has been settled with the feeling such as present compilation into one book. To do also remote control operation it was possible to play easily very comfortably. Soon, becoming, the circumstance where either the person whom you have reserved does not reach in sale day has appeared, but when reaching, when it was possible to buy, you think that it has become the contents where very satisfaction goes.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
New info from Kei Takagi, he played the "store demo" at Yodobashi camera in umeda, I'll probably go there myself and play it tommorow.

I'll just copy paste our MSN Conversation and you take out whatever's important out of it. :)

I.T.P - Smash Manager & Champ の発言:
did you hear about the store demos?
it seems I will play a bit of SSBX before going back after all.
ケイ の発言:
yea i played it today
really?
at which store?
ケイ の発言:
yodobashi camera in umeda
figured that's what you'd say
was it crowded?
ケイ の発言:
i went around 10am so i wasnt too croweded
ケイ の発言:
15-20min wait
ケイ の発言:
each time
any new info/stuff?
ケイ の発言:
i stayed til 3pmケイ の発言:
you can only play 8 characters in the time battle
ケイ の発言:
but you can use sheik in adventure mode
I allready saw the character select
no peach
ケイ の発言:
peach u can use in adventure mode
yeah, but you can only play like 5 minutes of it right?
ケイ の発言:
its longer than time battle
so, did you play shiek in the SSE? any new info?
ケイ の発言:
you can use the side B to grab the edge like link/samus
cool!
does it come out faster?
ケイ の発言:
yea
any nerfs to the needles?
ケイ の発言:
but its useless in the ground like in melee lol
can she still chain grab?
ケイ の発言:
in adventure mode you can only do forward throw for some reason
wtf?
really?
ケイ の発言:
sheiks needles are nerfed
ケイ の発言:
slow
what's the point of that? is that like one of the gameplay mechanic diffrences?
ケイ の発言:
but her Fair is the same
how's zelda?
ケイ の発言:
most of her moves are the same
did you try her?
ケイ の発言:
nope
hehe
so only Fthrow in SSE? that's big...
considering it's not a demo only thing
but it might be
so, are you up for a money match? Ike vs whoever you want?
ケイ の発言:
im probably not gonna go tommorow
I'm going to arima onsen tommorow, but I don't mind stopping by umeda first
ケイ の発言:
i think Kou is though
It's the last chance to meet me, I'm leaving for tokyo monday
and my flight is on wensday noon
any other discoveries?
ケイ の発言:
wall clinging i saw someone else do it with diddy
ケイ の発言:
crawling sheik
ケイ の発言:
seems really strong
ケイ の発言:
btw pokemon trainer's final smash can be DIed easily
DIed out of?
ケイ の発言:
yea
ケイ の発言:
and charizard has a hitbox on his tail and wing so hes probably gonna be a crap character
ケイ の発言:
you know when mewtwo turns around his tail extends forward
ケイ の発言:
=his hit box extends when he tries to run away
ケイ の発言:
same with charizard
so basically it makes him really easy to hit and hard to dodge with, did I get that correctly?
ケイ の発言:
yes which is crucial
ケイ の発言:
Ikki said ivysaur is probably the best of the three
ケイ の発言:
he played the most

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Oh, shut up. I believe the icon theory applies to characters/stages.
The REAL roster??? No way, man. If R.O.B. is in, so is CD-I link as the third 3rd party character which I don't see.
Oh, now I get it! The "Toon Link" the 35 roster talks about is actually the CD-I Link!

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
shortfuse is workin his *** off for moderator

on topic: whats the point of gettin hyped bout whobby when the real thing comes out in a < week

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
shortfuse is workin his *** off for moderator

on topic: whats the point of gettin hyped bout whobby when the real thing comes out in a < week

Well if the 35 man roster isn't true than he's totally S.O.L. He put all of his eggs into that basket.

Top Bottom