• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
But way more people would believe if not for ROB.

Just think, if you just spent hours/days of work just to get attention, would you include ROB in your false leak? ROB????

spindash

Smash Ace
I'm eagerly anticipating the day that the roster is truly deconfirmed, and any other leakers that have ever believed someone such as R.O.B. could join the ranks as a playable character, with a semi-minimal roster such as 35...

Shut down.

I'm gunning. I'm really gunning. Many facts are pointing towards it being more fake and fake as time rolls by. Hmhmhmhm.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
it would be wrong. according the e3, jump festa, whobby, and "retail" pic, characters are slid in, pushing characters along. lucas should come after olimar (shown in the 2chan pic) and in your picture he doesn't
Exactly. It doesn't look right at all. However that is exactly the alignment of the LEAK list. Mock-ups that make it look prettier than that are innacurate (other than having the bottom row lined up so there's room for the random box which I didn't account for).

However, it may be the case that the characters are not grouped with thier respective franchises but if that were the case... then why on earth would they move at all just to still be jumbled?

Even so, the 35 leak may be true. I know NES ROB is due my own source but I'm still hoping the rest of that list is wrong and I get Issac!

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
it's great to know that Smashboards can debunk a full-fledged roster in only 5 minutes span and then spread it out :D

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
ROB has to be the accesory because of the icon theory. For Icon 19 to be filled, it has to be a new franchise.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Just think, if you just spent hours/days of work just to get attention, would you include ROB in your false leak? ROB????
Anyone who creates a fake leak is an attention-seeking jerk who wants to mess with people. What better way to do it than including ROB and Falco/Wolf over Krystal?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Yes I would.

In fact, let's replace ROB for Klonoa...

Me: You guys can call fake all you want, I have insider information and Klonoa is going to be in Brawl. I know it sounds stupid, but I'm confident that I'm right. Just you wait until the Japanese release date, and you'll find out that I'm right. He is the 3rd and final 3rd party Rep. Not Pac-Man, Klonoa. That is all.

That's pretty much what the ROB people did. They stuck with their "I'm so sure of myself that ROB is in, and you guys can say what you want, but it's the truth" scheme to the point where people started going "hang on, ROB is such a stupid suggestion, but this guy is really being confident here. Maybe ROB really is in Brawl, I mean it's like Pichu for Melee."

Also, consider the fact that the prophets may all be feeding off each other, since the more of them that give the same information, the more likely they are to be believed.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Oh man, if this roster is proven true. I am calling it now, every single Smash Bros. message board will become an ocean of hate and despair. Every one will curse Sakurai, curse Nintendo, and curse GameArts.

That brings me to GameArts. It was announced today that GameArts, the developer of the Grandia series, is the true secret developer behind Brawl. Perhaps the reason why there are only 35 characters is due to them being inexperienced with Smash Bros.?

Maben

Smash Journeyman
NEW INFO ON THE ICON THEORY!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#19 is G&W
#13 is skipped because the **** are superstitious and are scared to use the number

(this post is a joke)

FireCrack

Smash Journeyman
Yes I would.

In fact, let's replace ROB for Klonoa...

Me: You guys can call fake all you want, I have insider information and Klonoa is going to be in Brawl. I know it sounds stupid, but I'm confident that I'm right. Just you wait until the Japanese release date, and you'll find out that I'm right. He is the 3rd and final 3rd party Rep. Not Pac-Man, Klonoa. That is all.

That's pretty much what the ROB people did. They stuck with their "I'm so sure of myself that ROB is in, and you guys can say what you want, but it's the truth" scheme to the point where people started going "hang on, ROB is such a stupid suggestion, but this guy is really being confident here. Maybe ROB really is in Brawl, I mean it's like Pichu for Melee."

Also, consider the fact that the prophets may all be feeding off each other, since the more of them that give the same information, the more likely they are to be believed.
this
10char

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Hey Shortfuse. I think your trying to say this is the probable arrangement of how the roster will appear, not the actual roster itself. I don't believe this is the roster but I do believe this is likely how the arrangement will follow. Also, thank you for making this the "Japanese Spoiler" thread again, and not making it become the "OMG...we have our roster, even though its unconfirmed by the Dojo or actual video footage" thread.

Anyway, if anyone hasn't noticed, that picture is a fake since its confirmed from the 2ch picture that Zelda and Sheik are both presentable in the player selection menu as sharing one space. Just a heads up, although most of you probably know that. Just wanted to clear that up. (I think Sheik will be selectable now actually after the first 6 Zelda color swaps and will be presented like Wario, who has 6 color swaps for his original Warioware costume and another 6 for his classic attire.)

So yeah, our starting roster does indeed make sense. We first had 8 starters in SSB. Then in Melee we had 14 starters, which was equal to the number of characters we received altogether from SSB. Looks like history will almost repeat, because from the 2ch picture, we have 25 "starter" characters which is equal to the total amount in Melee (Sheik didn't count back then since she wasn't treated with her own profile back, she was just an attack move, who happened to make a name for herself in tournaments). So if you count now, we have 18 characters + Zelda AND Sheik (who finally has her own official profile now on the Dojo, she didn't have one back in the Melee Dojo) + Samus and Zero Suit Samus + Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. That totals into 25 starters. So yeah. Looks like we do have some consistency in history, unlike the Dojo and their unpredictable way of giving updates.

Novus

Smash Apprentice
There's talk on the Japanese thread about how to unlock Lucario and Luigi, and something about a live stream, but I can't get a link that'll take me anywhere but to some weird ads of a little girls getting rammed full force.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
If we don't know any more by now...it's fake. Trust me on that. I was on here 7 hours ago checking this out. Still nothing new? Fake.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Oh...I still think there will be some question marks with the starting roster, but just my guess. Anyway, I'm just going on the fact that apparently this final roster doesn't include Ridley. Also...no rating on the disk FTL?

Edit: XD sorry for the double post.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
If someone from 2chan has the Brawl disc, are we supposed to be expecting a slow stream of info, or chunks?

Or none :(...

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
I think it's a lie, most general chan members would be ruining the game for every other member of that site. It's most likley fake. Chan websites aren't the friendliest place on the internet, and they'll do anything for lolz.

I thought it was real this morning, and I did until I got home from school, but now, It's def. fake, they would have shown as much as they can by now.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
MAST3R, thanks for that. This thread needs a new direction. Guys, this now a thread dedicated just for the roster 35 discussion.

Fawriel

Smash Master
well, the person who got the disk could still be playing, I know I would play for more than 7 hours straight if I had the game. I know, i'm a bit crazy:psycho:
I know if I had the first copy of the game, I'd be taking photos, recording videos and printing autograph cards.

Chan members are all about the lulz. They live for the attention they receive.

Ergo, this is a hoax made for lulz. If it wasn't, the person would try to get as much attention as possible by taking all sorts of pictures, not just one that could more or less easily be faked.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
hmm.. I know I wouldn't come back for a couple of days after getting the game. That way, I can unlock everyone and all the stages. Lets hold our breath on the whole "ITS FAKE," deal. Just be patient guys/gals.

GinRei

Smash Apprentice

#19 is G&W
#13 is skipped because the **** are superstitious and are scared to use the number

(this post is a joke)
I know it was a joke, but the Japanese are superstitious about the number 4, not 13 =P

And completely unrelated to the quoted post, I saw the image of the person who supposedly has the game, and I don't buy it. I missed all discussion about it while sleeping, but my basic feeling was, why would the Japanese version have the menu in japanese, and the names of characters in english? Again, I'm sure this was discussed, but I'm bored and wanted to put my thoughts out there ;p

Fawriel

Smash Master
hmm.. I know I wouldn't come back for a couple of days after getting the game. That way, I can unlock everyone and all the stages. Lets hold our breath on the whole "ITS FAKE," deal. Just be patient guys/gals.
If you're going to be like that, why take a single photo of the starting roster, the CD and the box in the first place?

Fats McRobot

Smash Cadet
I know it was a joke, but the Japanese are superstitious about the number 4, not 13 =P

And completely unrelated to the quoted post, I saw the image of the person who supposedly has the game, and I don't buy it. I missed all discussion about it while sleeping, but my basic feeling was, why would the Japanese version have the menu in japanese, and the names of characters in english? Again, I'm sure this was discussed, but I'm bored and wanted to put my thoughts out there ;p
Erm, its not that weird. Japan really likes to mixed the Roman alphabet with the rest of their kana.

Character names being in English isn't strange at all, especially if their Katakana equal is longer, and especially if the Japanese and US versions were localized together.

espio87

Smash Ace
Erm, its not that weird. Japan really likes to mixed the Roman alphabet with the rest of their kana.

Character names being in English isn't strange at all, especially if their Katakana equal is longer, and especially if the Japanese and US versions were localized together.
and don't forget that their names in Katakana appear in this panel:

the roman characters appear only in the small panels, it was seen at whooby

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
MAST3R, thanks for that. This thread needs a new direction. Guys, this now a thread dedicated just for the roster 35 discussion.
No problem.

A lot of places seem to be running short on copies to pre order Smash Bros X i've found these so far:

Amazon.co.jp -SOLD OUT-
Play-asia.com -SOLD OUT FOR JAN.31ST SHIPMENTS-
ncsxshop.com -SOLD OUT FOR JAN.31ST SHIPMENTS-

So yea looks like it gonna be tough for anyone to import a copy and get it on launch now.

NeoZ

Smash Ace

#19 is G&W

(this post is a joke)
Japanese people are not scared of 13, they're sacred of 4=shi(death) or yon.
EDIT: Someone beat me to it...

BlueWave

Smash Apprentice
ShortFuse, you are the man for sticking it through. Most everyone seems to be denial. Guys, this is the REAL roster. I'm going to laugh when you guys find that out soon. Everyone will eventually get over it and enjoy Brawl, I know I will. This will truly be "The Brawl to end them all". And to those talking about the icon theory, you're confused. Okay, work with me here.

Say, for one crazy second, that you actually believe the truth and believe the 35 character roster. There is no Animal Crossing character or DS character there so what makes it so strange that we can have another icon (#19) that represents a stage, but no character? Do any of you seriously think we're going to get a character for every icon? As much as I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE an Animal Crossing character, I know it's not going to happen. And who in the world would be playable with a DS icon? No one, exactly.

The roster is real. Most of you are in denial. If you think these boards are in chaos right now, wait until people find out for sure that it is real, then these boards will go crazy.

BlueWave

Smash Apprentice
Look who is here...
Look, I'm done with the lies. I never left, I was always around just reading topics and stuff, and posting here and there. I'm sorry I'm here to discuss the leak just like you guys are, if that's a crime.

Top Bottom