• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
I made a mock-up from the leak's row order. It would look like this except for the bottom row doesn't have a "random" box and I didn't think there was one when I made this the other day so it's not aligned properly at the bottom.

madman0223

Smash Rookie
I registered just to let you know this. The roster is fake. I've heard it mentioned that the character select screen is from SSE. Even if you were to select your character from the start, there is still this little thing to consider:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/modea07.html

<quote)Your stock count, or the number of lives you can lose, is set for each stage.

In single-player mode, each time you lose a life, you switch to a different character on your team and are revived as that new character until you run out of stock lives. (You choose the character order for your team members at the start of each stage.)</quote>

You will not be able to select the number of lifes in SSE.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Good point..but you forget that this is the SSE character selection screen.
Wait a minute. How do we know it's the SSE select screen again? I thought SSE was going to be more like a story mode that ties in all the characters...Remember how you choose between Mario and Kirby at the beginning? How would that work if we are able to select from the entire starting roster?

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
I registered just to let you know this. The roster is fake. I've heard it mentioned that the character select screen is from SSE. Even if you were to select your character from the start, there is still this little thing to consider:

<quote)Your stock count, or the number of lives you can lose, is set for each stage.

In single-player mode, each time you lose a life, you switch to a different character on your team and are revived as that new character until you run out of stock lives. (You choose the character order for your team members at the start of each stage.)</quote>

it could be the classic mode select screen

Sariku

Smash Master
My arguement with this roster is this. If it was brought up, just tell me, I refuse to read all this thread.

In the Icon theory we have atleast 2 franchises to fill in. I don't know numbers, but one is most assumable to be Game and Watch. The other one could go to any franchise. Golden Sun for example. Unless "Golden Sun" doesn't have any playable characters, then this roster is debunked right here.

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
Wait a minute. How do we know it's the SSE select screen again? I thought SSE was going to be more like a story mode that ties in all the characters...Remember how you choose between Mario and Kirby at the beginning? How would that work if we are able to select from the entire starting roster?
I meant its a select screen from a 1 player mode (probubly classic).
Read my other post lol

Boofer

Smash Ace

Well, it does in fact seem that it is unlikely that this is the SSE select screen, but who actually claimed it to be? Isn't it possible that it could be the classic mode select screen?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I made a mock-up from the leak's row order. It would look like this except for the bottom row doesn't have a "random" box and I didn't think there was one when I made this the other day so it's not aligned properly at the bottom.

it would be wrong. according the e3, jump festa, whobby, and "retail" pic, characters are slid in, pushing characters along. lucas should come after olimar (shown in the 2chan pic) and in your picture he doesn't

Cranky Kong

Smash Rookie
My arguement with this roster is this. If it was brought up, just tell me, I refuse to read all this thread.

In the Icon theory we have atleast 2 franchises to fill in. I don't know numbers, but one is most assumable to be Game and Watch. The other one could go to any franchise. Golden Sun for example. Unless "Golden Sun" doesn't have any playable characters, then this roster is debunked right here.
Would ROB not fill in the other franchise icon seeing as how he is not original to the SSB franchise, he probably wouldn't be given the generic SSB icon?

Sariku

Smash Master

Would ROB not fill in the other franchise icon seeing as how he is not original to the SSB franchise, he probably wouldn't be given the generic SSB icon?
ROB... such a stupid WTF character.

If he's from Star Fox, he'll have a Star Fox icon...

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to hate Photoshop, the source of all my doubts in pictures.

I mean, I don't know. Marth in that picture looks like he was taken straight from another picture from Melee (when he's standing up) and put right into the box.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Both are stupid, because both are now debunked. If Star Fox ROB was playable you wouldn't get his trophy from a Mini game....and the accessory is a generic multiple villain in SSE. Really people the roster is fake and debunked.

Azura

Smash Cadet

I'm glad I tried to read through the last few pages of the thread before posting, you pointed out what I was going to. Here's my post:

Though this roster is dangerously probable, I think I've thought of something that nobody else has posted yet{unless I've missed it; I've read almost all of the thread but couldn't soldier through the last ~10 pages} - the dojo franchise icons.

1. Smash
2. DK
3. Starfox
4. Kirby
5. F-Zero
6. Metroid
7. Earthbound/Mother
8. Pokemon
9. Zelda
10. Mario
11. Yoshi
12. Fire Emblem
13. ? (G&W according to intelligent assumption and 35 roster)
14. ICs
15. Animal Crossing
16. Wario
17. Kojima Productions/Foxhound/Snake
18. Pit
19. ? (not accounted for in 35 roster)
20. Sonic
21. DS Logo
22. Pikmin

The 35 roster doesn't account for a missing franchise icon. It is possible that the missing icon is another series that doesn't have a character representing it, but would it really have gone undojo'd for so long when it doesn't have a secret character to go with it? Not to mention that there may be a 23rd or even 24th franchise.

It's not much, but it's something else to cling to if you don't like this roster very much.

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe you guys actually thought either ROB would be playable in a smash game..well they've both been debunked now along with the 35 char roster so case closed & good night everyone!

Cranky Kong

Smash Rookie
some people say it's ROB from Star Fox, some say it's rob as NES accessory...
I'm inclined to believe that GoateBoate made a mistake in referring to him as SF ROB, a simple mistake... It seems most likely that the accessory ROB is playable since we already know that it plays a role in SSE. Plus, I think someone (PoR, MarkMan, Reno) referred to it as the NES ROB that we have already seen in the SSE.

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
I don't think someone would have a ****in hard work to produce a fake brawl disc and take pictures of it, to photoshop a perfect SS of the starting roster, to create a perfect-possible roster that agree with famous prophets of other country, and everything else, just for including ROB in his leak.

Think about it.
And people wouldn't make fake accounts and act like they have the game and reveal "leaks" on said game to just get attention, oh wait.... Point is the internet is full of idiots who have nothing better to do than make fake posts and try to get people to believe them. Whats that? it's an aweful lot of work to do that? Yes it is, but for people that have no life, it really isn't that much work for them considering thats what they use as a form of entertainment.
I mean just look at some of the stupid videos on youtube....People do stupid pointless things.

Cranky Kong

Smash Rookie
Isn't the accesory technically ineligible? It didn't first appear in a game...
Mario Kart DS, Kirby (forget which one but it made a cameo...) Also I think they would make an exception for the accessory ROB. Not to mention THAT ROB is already appearing in this game...

EDIT: NVM, you said FIRST appear in a game, my mistake. But I still think they would make an exception since that ROB is already in this game regardless...

JayceMJ

Smash Apprentice

[MARIO] [DONKE] [LINK.] [SAMUS] [KIRBY] [FOX..] [PIKAC] [DIDDY]
[ZELDA] [PIT..] [METAK] [POKET] [IKE..] [PEACH] [YOSHI] [ICECL]
........[DEDED] [BOWSE] [WARIO] [OLIMA] [LUCAS] [RANDO]........

[MARIO] [DONKE] [LINK.] [SAMUS] [KIRBY] [FOX..] [PIKAC]
[MARTH] [MRG&W]
[LUIGI] [DIDDY] [ZELDA] [PIT..] [METAK] [FALCO] [POKET] [IKE..] [SNAKE]
[PEACH] [YOSHI] [GANON] [ICECL] [DEDED] [LURIO] [NESS.] [SONIC] [BOWSE]
[WARIO]
[TOONL] [R.O.B] [OLIMA] [CAPFA] [LUCAS] [WOLF.] [JIGGS] [RANDO]

This is what the leaked roster really looks like. Move Wolf after Dedede, swap ROB and Captian Flacon, and swap Jiggs with Lucas and you have the mocked up roster.

This means that if the text leak is true there might be a possibility he hasn't unlocked everything to make them all aligned.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
I'm inclined to believe that GoateBoate made a mistake in referring to him as SF ROB, a simple mistake... It seems most likely that the accessory ROB is playable since we already know that it plays a role in SSE. Plus, I think someone (PoR, MarkMan, Reno) referred to it as the NES ROB that we have already seen in the SSE.

the thing is, you can capture R.O.B with a Trophy stand.

therfore debunking any prophet who includes R.O.B as a character at all.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
the red flags of a false leak...

is that the character select screen from SSE or Classic? and how many times has that answer been flipped around?

who said ROB64, and who said accessory R.O.B.? and how many times has that answer been flipped?

as rapscouter has shown us, it's easier to fabricate things when you leave yourself a loophole.

the more confusion you can create over trivial things like that, the more distracted people will get from the truth.

Azura

Smash Cadet
Well, the ROB trophy makes me feel better. Maybe we'll get a better roster after all.

Edit: lol, sorry ShortFuse. Didn't see your post since this place moves so fast.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I think ROB 64 is a viable character. He's been in the Star Fox series almost as long as Fox, and he'd have an interesting move set.

I'm not sure about normal ROB, though. It makes no sense. I mean, it's a cool idea to have an element from the SSE playable, but i'd imagine that the Ancient Minister would make a cooler characters than a ROB, a simple Peon of the Subspace Army.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That Roster is fake. We've all already proved it. Stop trying to make people believe that's the roster.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I'm in a good position here, because I'm already super happy with the 35 roster, so if it turns out that's false, then it can only get better in my books.

That is, if Wolf and Wind Waker Link remain in the confirmed list...

Boofer

Smash Ace
Funny how so many of the supposed final roster screens are so similar. Remember the leaker PortraitOfRuin?

Here's what she said:

PortraitOfRuin said:
Someguy15 yes on all those

sorry i dont even visit the dojo

This is the order of how it looks like on the versus screen...

Mario | Donkey Kong | Link | Samus | Kirby | Fox | Pikachu | Marth | Mr. G&W

Luigi | Diddy Kong | Zelda | Pitt | Meta Knight | Falco | Pokemon Trainer | Ike | Solid Snake

Peach | Yoshi | Ganondorf | Ice Climbers | King Dedede | Lucario | Ness | Sonic | Bowser

Wario | WW Link | R.O.B. | Olimar | Captain Falcon | Wolf | Jigglypuff | Lucas |Random

I don't want to argue anymore with anyone after this, even if some ppl have been rude! I always try to be nice as possible ^_^ ... So this is all I'm revealing. Please check with your JPN copies when you receive it, you'll see I was right. I might be off on one or two of the placements, I did this one quickly off memory!

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
And people wouldn't make fake accounts and act like they have the game and reveal "leaks" on said game to just get attention, oh wait.... Point is the internet is full of idiots who have nothing better to do than make fake posts and try to get people to believe them. Whats that? it's an aweful lot of work to do that? Yes it is, but for people that have no life, it really isn't that much work for them considering thats what they use as a form of entertainment.
I mean just look at some of the stupid videos on youtube....People do stupid pointless things.
But the point is, if he wanted to be belived, why the hell would he include ROB in his roster?

Silfa

Smash Ace
nothin new in the video but its still awsome to watch! cant wait for brawl :(
I'm glad I tried to read through the last few pages of the thread before posting, you pointed out what I was going to. Here's my post:

Though this roster is dangerously probable, I think I've thought of something that nobody else has posted yet{unless I've missed it; I've read almost all of the thread but couldn't soldier through the last ~10 pages} - the dojo franchise icons.

1. Smash
2. DK
3. Starfox
4. Kirby
5. F-Zero
6. Metroid
7. Earthbound/Mother
8. Pokemon
9. Zelda
10. Mario
11. Yoshi
12. Fire Emblem
13. ? (G&W according to intelligent assumption and 35 roster)
14. ICs
15. Animal Crossing
16. Wario
17. Kojima Productions/Foxhound/Snake
18. Pit
19. ? (not accounted for in 35 roster)
20. Sonic
21. DS Logo
22. Pikmin

The 35 roster doesn't account for a missing franchise icon. It is possible that the missing icon is another series that doesn't have a character representing it, but would it really have gone undojo'd for so long when it doesn't have a secret character to go with it? Not to mention that there may be a 23rd or even 24th franchise.

It's not much, but it's something else to cling to if you don't like this roster very much.
I was going to post this too.

Seriously. R.O.B? :/

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
What I find fishy is that a lot of other leakers also started adding ROB to their rosters after the first one was suggested. Could it be that ROB is just such a stupid suggestion that they all thought "hey, let's add him to our lists as well to make it seem legit."

Top Bottom