• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ugh, Sakurai lengths at keeping the roster secret know no bounds. Nevertheless, the ultimatum has been set, and destiny has set course for a destination beyond his control. If a 35 character roster is where the sirens take us so be it, it no longer matters, fate can't be averted, just merely delayed. There will be a massive outrage to it, people will be angry beyond all belief. I was there for the Melee leak, it was BAD, and I am extremely sure this leak will much, much worse than the Melee one went. Many people are entering the expectation that there will be AT LEAST 40 characters. Just the exclusion of the likes of Ridley and Krystal is enough to cause a massive onslaught of a deluge of a wave of woes. I sorry if I am being a bit dramatic, but that tends to be my nature, I also like to liven up the mood. The old war is on its death bed, and a new one is about to enter the world.... I am now more curious to learn what stages are in then characters (the hidden characters are nothing special to me). I will express my thoughts on the 35 character roster more articulatey once it is confirmed to be the real deal.

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
Well, my Japanese Wii and copy of Brawl shipped, will I have problems with the update?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Basically, the Wii can only read the first layer as it stands. When you put in Brawl, the Wii has to be updated to be able to read a dual layered disc. That's the whole point of the firmware update that comes with the game. It's not copy protection or anything. Some people have problems reading the disc after the update.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, NyaseNya was a true leaker in cahoots with someone working within Nintendo, and we all chased her away... let me list everything she said:

- Sonic revealed 10/10/07
- Captain Olimar in the game, with a Pikmin "whip" (Up B)
- 35 characters
- Toon Link
- Ness returning
- Ridley probably just a boss
- No Megaman
- Snake's landmine got complaints; Nintendo considering removal (they changed model instead)
- Peach was revealed late on Dojo because she had a more "mature" model at one point
- Brawl on dual-layered disc (I remember her mentioning 8.5 gigs?)

Wow. If there is ever a SSB4 we should apologize. Well, the Peach one was never proven but I doubt it was a lie if the Snake landmine wasnt...

So what does this firmware thing mean? Might it cause problems when WE get the game?

roroverma

Smash Cadet
on ign, it says the problems are caused by dirt and tobbaco?(Nintendo's taking drugs) It says you can send your wii and your copy of brawl somewhere in kyoto and they send it back in a week. for FREE

espio87

Smash Ace
According to http://wiiz.fr/article.php?a=16396
Famitsu interviewed the producer of WiiWare (not sure who he is) but he hints at DLC for characters, stages, stickers and trophies.

Can somebody find this supposed interview? Now to check 2CH for scans.
I'm not fluent with french, but since spanish and french come from latin I was able to understand the text. Let's hope this information turns to be true.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I meant to say Producer of Brawl. It's either Iwata or Sakurai. Credible sources. I haven't found the magazine yet.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
- Peach was revealed late on Dojo because she had a more "mature" model at one point
...Didn't they try and pull a stunt like this with Peach in Melee, only to get smacked down? What the eff is it they keep trying to put on her that makes Nintendo have to lay down the law? I'm guessing it has something to do with lingerie...

Revven

FrankerZ
More DLC would be great, I hope this rumor turns out to be true in the end. Because if it is, I would kill for more characters. :)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Wasn't the rumor also that the new characters listed here would only be costumes for already existing characters? That's what I was told anyway...

EDIT: You know, I love that image. Look at Sakurai's determined face in the top right! He's ON FIRE, BABY!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Wasn't the rumor also that the new characters listed here would only be costumes for already existing characters? That's what I was told anyway...

EDIT: You know, I love that image. Look at Sakurai's determined face in the top right! He's ON FIRE, BABY!
Check out his picture at the left. 60s flashback!
"I am Masahiro Sakurai and I mean business."

Revven

FrankerZ
Wait... wasn't this debunked already?... Yeah, I think so, there were two threads on it before (search for it I'm too lazy). SamuraiPanda IIRC, debunked it.

painseeker

Smash Cadet
Correct me if im wrong but wasnt that image confirmed as nothing but an interview and did not mention DLC

EDIT:Beaten to it by two posts

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
It looks real enough. And P-Nintendo is a credible site. Seems laughable if it's fake and they fell for it. And if it was discussed on the forum before, it should have been on this thread since this is the official thread for this kinda thing.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
It looks real enough. And P-Nintendo is a credible site. Seems laughable if it's fake and they fell for it. And if it was discussed on the forum before, it should have been on this thread since this is the official thread for this kinda thing.
Please tell me that picture isn't the source for P-Nintendo's article...did you find that yourself or did they post it?

Because if they did post it then it's guaranteed fake, SamuraiPanda debunked it. It's a real article, but says nothing of DLC.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
That picture was the picture posted by P-Nintendo
It looks like it was taken from 2CH. Again, thread link?

Top Bottom