• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
wait a second, why didn't I hear about this?

the first one is near me, very very close. I'm going :p
Your welcome. :)

On a side note, with 2chan, they close a thread every 1000 posts and open a new one. It gets very confusing. I think this is the newest one:
http: /game13.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1199974577/

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
The song Athletic is the music that plays in Yoshi's Island for Melee.

Or it could be the song from SMB3, an example of a level that plays that song is Level 2 of World 1.

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
http://game13.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1199966666/1001-1100

that's what i THINK but 2ch.net doesn't like opera and favors Internet Explorer. My Internet Explorer is broken (since I had to reinstall windows). Now to download IE7 on a 115kbps wireless connection
"Cara hidden
Captain Falcon
Crystal
Sonic
Seek
Great King of Evil
Snake
Mars
Ridley
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Recombination model (available in a non-empty nitrous)
Ness
Luigi
Lucario
Black Shadow

Cara a model changeover and nitrous hidden in the sky like a plane out size edition was added; box 413"

i wish i knew what that was refering to, **** you google traslator! :D

Gold_Darkness

Smash Apprentice
Picture of Ivysaur and ZSS cards from this 2ch thread:

Also a small pic of Pokemon Trainer and Squirtle.

The thread seems to be the source of Zelda's moves.

Post 312 of 2ch thread said:
・ラネールの愛
・フィローネの風
・オルディンの炎
・トワイライトチェンジ(オリジナルトワイライト仕様シーク変身)
I'll try to find the mention of Zelda's Final Smash.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Well, at least the post is legitimate, then. Seriously, though, we need better pictures of the cards!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Google translator sez:

RANERU love
FIRONE wind
ORUDIN flame
TOWAIRAITOCHENJI (ORIJINARUTOWAIRAITO specifications Seek Metamorphosis)

Obviously means:

Nayru's Love
Farore's Wind
Din's Flame
Not sure about the last one... Twilight Change? Original Twilight? Seek Metamorphosis? Can a Japanese translator get on this one? I don't recall Zelda ever changing in Twilight Princess...

EDIT:... I'm late aren't I. Sorry, with all the chaos of the Smash Boards, I never even noticed that the above information was known. Interesting.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
towairaito - twillight, chenji - change. (original twillight design shiek transformation)

now the question remains whether or not the source is believable/

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
In Melee, the move was called Sheik Change in Japan, so it's supposibly saying that Twilight Change changes Zelda into Sheik, who was NOT in Twilight Princess, so Sheik got an Original Design BASED on Twilight Princess... Now we got to wait for someone to confirm that if it supposibly on the Cards.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Google translator sez:

RANERU love
FIRONE wind
ORUDIN flame

Obviously means:

Nayru's Love
Farore's Wind
Din's Flame
Not sure about the last one... Twilight Change? Original Twilight? Seek Metamorphosis? Can a Japanese translator get on this one? I don't recall Zelda ever changing in Twilight Princess...

EDIT:... I'm late aren't I. Sorry, with all the chaos of the Smash Boards, I never even noticed that the above information was known. Interesting.
Some sources are saying the traanslation says "Twilight Change (Original Twilight version of Shiek transformation)"

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
"Cara hidden
Captain Falcon
Crystal
Sonic
Seek
Great King of Evil
Snake
Mars
Ridley
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Recombination model (available in a non-empty nitrous)
Ness
Luigi
Lucario
Black Shadow

Cara a model changeover and nitrous hidden in the sky like a plane out size edition was added; box 413"

i wish i knew what that was refering to, **** you google traslator! :D
Cara = Kirby and I'm pretty sure Seek = sheik, but I don't know her japanese name....

Recombination model???? Available in non-empty nitrous???? WTF. Is this some sort of custom robo thing or the alloy characters (not likely)? Mabye a create your own character character?

Sputnikk8156

Smash Journeyman
Picture of Ivysaur and ZSS cards from this 2ch thread:

Also a small pic of Pokemon Trainer and Squirtle.

I'll try to find the mention of Zelda's Final Smash.

So wait...that means there is the possibility that there isn't any new character cards..[looking at the piplup card]

so maybe only dojo characters still?:suess: :urg::urg:

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Cara = Kirby and I'm pretty sure Seek = sheik, but I don't know her japanese name....

Recombination model???? Available in non-empty nitrous???? WTF. Is this some sort of custom robo thing or the alloy characters (not likely)? Mabye a create your own character character?
Ahem... Google gives crap, so to better understand until a guy who can read Japanese can come to decomfirm it, think of it this way.

Cara = Character
Crystal = Krystal
Seek = Sheik
Mars = Marth
Empty Nitrous = Subspace Emissary
Model Change = Clone

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I see that you're using the image that was resized posted from Brawl Central. I'll sharpen the image and make it clearer to read in just a few moments. Surely, we can get more translations soon.

I've messing with the image a bit and I can't get it to look much better. I have the text a little bit clearer, but it doesn't really add any clarity to it.

Sputnikk8156

Smash Journeyman
I've messing with the image a bit and I can't get it to look much better. I have the text a little bit clearer, but it doesn't really add any clarity to it.
if you can just make the text clear...that works perfectly cuz all i want to know is ivysaurs side b move lol:laugh:

i wish we had a zoomed one of squirtle...and all the characters who moves we need confirmation on lol.

where does Brawl Central get these images anyway??

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
if you can just make the text clear...that works perfectly cuz all i want to know is ivysaurs side b move lol:laugh:

i wish we had a zoomed one of squirtle...and all the characters who moves we need confirmation on lol.

where does Brawl Central get these images anyway??

Different forums for the newest ones. We'll be geting direct images of the CoroCoro magazine later (most likely) just as we did for last month's issue. The problem is, my informant from last month needed to use a cell phone to take the images, so we may not have any ultra-huge his res pics.

Aeris: Hit me up on one of my messengers about the image translations.

Sputnikk8156

Smash Journeyman
Different forums for the newest ones. We'll be geting direct images of the CoroCoro magazine later (most likely) just as we did for last month's issue. The problem is, my informant from last month needed to use a cell phone to take the images, so we may not have any ultra-huge his res pics.

Aeris: Hit me up on one of my messengers about the image translations.
all right..thanks very much for the uploads of them though. esp. the zelda one. since she has not a single char. update on the dojo lol.

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why sheik wouldn't be in. Even if she wasnt in TP that hasnt stopped Sakurai before.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Man, even Japan has prophets. I'm on my way back from Busch Gardens in Florida (on my laptop on the car back) so I'll filter through more later.

Aeris (and other who are confused about 2chan). It works like this. 2Chan allows you to create threads at will. The problem is that the threads only allow 1000 posts. Once a thread is full, a new thread is created with the first post saying the title of the discussion and linking to the previous thread (with the last 1000 posts)

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
Yea, wtf. I thought there was some info here about Krystal or something. Tres misleading.

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
Why did you even acknowledge that silly thread? Now it just seems like you're screaming for attention...

-SynikaL

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Google translator sez:

RANERU love
FIRONE wind
ORUDIN flame

Obviously means:

Nayru's Love
Farore's Wind
Din's Flame

...Obviously not. <_< It looks like they're using the TP deity names. IE:

Lanaryu's Love
Faron's Wind
Eldin's Fire

More people should play TP. :/ I can't believe the BrawlCentral guy got that wrong, too...then again he didn't know that Superspicy Curry is from Kirby...as obvious as it is from the Dojo page.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
This thread is awesome. Seriously.

Except it is kind of hard to understand the first post. But it's still great.

LOL 1000th post, we have to close this thread now.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
...Obviously not. <_< It looks like they're using the TP deity names. IE:

Lanaryu's Love
Faron's Wind
Eldin's Fire

More people should play TP. :/ I can't believe the BrawlCentral guy got that wrong, too...then again he didn't know that Superspicy Curry is from Kirby...as obvious as it is from the Dojo page.
This is a great observation. Super kudos to you, Devastlian.
It's too bad Zelda's newly named moves do pretty much than same thing as they did in Melee except maybe "Twilight Change". We can't be exactly sure what that does, though it seems most likely a TP styled Sheik transformation. But Zelda's other moves just suck.

Top Bottom