• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Hiding [kiyara]
Snake (metal gear) Snake
Sonic (sonic) Sonic
C. [huarukon] (F-ZERO) Captain Falcon
[ruiji] ([ruijimanshiyon]) Luigi
Purine ([pokemon]) Jigglypuff
[ganondorohu] ([zeruda]) Ganondorf
Mr game & watch (game watch) Mr. Game and Watch
[huaruko] (star fox) Falco
[miyuutsu] ([pokemon]) Mewtwo
Ness (MOTHER) Ness
Mars ([huaiaemuburemu]) Marth
[kutsupa] Jr. ([mario]) Bowser Jr.
[buratsukushiyado] (F-ZERO) Black Shadow
[kururu] ([donkikongu]) K. Rool
Crystal (star fox) Krystal
[rukario] ([pokemon]) Lucario
[pikumin] & [orima] ([pikumin]) Pikmin and Olimar
[hekutoru] ([huaiaemuburemu]) Hector
Frill (with panel [pon]) Furil (from Panel de Pon)
[gui] ([kabii]) Gooey
For those unable to understand what they're saying, I added the English names in bold.

That Ridley pic is fake, btw. I've seen it around.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I keep getting these two lists:

Cara hidden
キャプテン・ファルコン Captain Falcon
クリスタル Crystal
ソニック Sonic
シーク Seek
ガノンドロフ Great King of Evil
スネーク Snake
マルス Mars
リドリー Ridley
ミュウツー Mewtwo
Mr.ゲーム&ウォッチ Mr. Game & Watch
モデル換え(亜空以外で手に入る) Recombination model (available in a non-empty nitrous)
ネス Ness
ルイージ Luigi
ルカリオ Lucario
ブラックシャドー Black Shadow

モデル換えの隠しキャラを出すと亜空で番外編のように面が追加される Cara model changeover hidden out in the sky and nitrous out size edition was added to the surface
Cara hidden
・スネーク(メタルギア) Snake (Metal Gear)
・ソニック(ソニック) Sonic (Sonic)
・C.ファルコン(F-ZERO) C. Falcon (F-ZERO)
・ルイージ(ルイージマンション) Luigi (Luigi's Mansion)
・プリン(ポケモン) Purine (Pokemon)
・ガノンドロフ(ゼルダ) GANONDOROFU (Zelda)
・Mrゲーム&ウォッチ(ゲームウォッチ) Mr Game & Watch (GEMUUOTCHI)
・ファルコ(スターフォックス) FARUKO (Star Fox)
・ミュウツー(ポケモン) MYUUTSU (Pokemon)
・ネス(MOTHER) Ness (MOTHER)
・マルス(ファイアーエムブレム) Mars (Fire)
・クッパJr.(マリオ) Bowser Jr. (Mario)
・ブラックシャドー(F-ZERO) Black Shadow (F-ZERO)
・クルール(ドンキーコング) KURURU (Donkey Kong)
・クリスタル(スターフォックス) Crystal (Star Fox)
・ルカリオ(ポケモン) Rio Luke (Pokemon)
・ピクミン&オリマー(ピクミン) ORIMA & Pikmin (Pikmin)
・ヘクトル(ファイアーエムブレム) Hector (Fire)
・フリル(パネルでポン) Ruffle (panel Pont)
・グーイ(カービィ) GUI (Kirby)
Interesing how one claims that the SSE Shadow dude will be playable but not in SSE (since you could get confused)

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
The plot thickens...

Still, 2ch has a number of people who would like nothing more than just mess around with people. Take it from a guy who's seen a whole lot of faked Famitsu "scans" hailing from 2ch over the years... ^^;

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Well, for one, Gooey will not be playable. That's just kind of silly. Second, while it has yet to be confirmed, I'm still fairly sure that Zelda's Twilight Change will involve Sheik, so the first list comes into question. Third and finally, I'm pretty sure that Serebii has indirectly disconfirmed any and all rosters including Mewtwo, so that cancels out both of those lists.

I'm pretty sure these are both speculated lists.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Well, for one, Gooey will not be playable. That's just kind of silly. Second, while it has yet to be confirmed, I'm still fairly sure that Zelda's Twilight Change will involve Sheik, so the first list comes into question. Third and finally, I'm pretty sure that Serebii has indirectly disconfirmed any and all rosters including Mewtwo, so that cancels out both of those lists.

I'm pretty sure these are both speculated lists.
And you know for sure Serebii is right about Mewtwo how?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
It's actually KURUURU (the dash means to double the preceding vowel sound), which is a closer Japanization (;)) of "cruel" (K. Rool).

Zek

Smash Ace
2chan is a forum. They're no more reliable than SmashBoards or GameFAQs or wherever else. Whatever rumor comes out of there should be treated the same way as the rumors we've been flooded with lately.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who thinks Recombination Model sounds like a misinterpretation of Custom Robo?

Rash

Smash Ace
This is getting ridiculous. What's the point of speculating over lists that will probably just be fake (or partly fake) in the end?

Seriously, I think some people are just too bent on getting excited over nothing. It's a pre-release high.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Can somebody translate this: http://game13.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1200061529/150
I think it says there will be a Brawl Strategy Guide released next week or something with all character skills.
And yeah 2chan isn't "confirmed to be a very reliable source". the title is sarcastic sarcasm. it was because of the other fake list that said it's reliable whixh it's very much not. this strategy guide thing is interesting though

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I keep getting these two lists:

Interesing how one claims that the SSE Shadow dude will be playable but not in SSE (since you could get confused)
The kanji translation for Sheik is wrong. That's a "shi". [SHIKU]

The translation for Rio Luke is mixed up. It's RUKARIO.

Ruffle for "panel pont" is wrong.

It is actually FURIRU or FURIL from PANEL DE PON, a japanese puzzle game

Tachita

Smash Cadet
God, I don't understtand a thing on those forums :/
could somebody resume about the revealation of the characters next week?

Sputnikk8156

Smash Journeyman
God, I don't understtand a thing on those forums :/
could somebody resume about the revealation of the characters next week?
i know exactly how you feel.

i wish people would just let it go on the whole prophet crap, and let the people reveal the characters in the game...i'm not trying to be a troll.

All i'm saying is all the roster lists are more then likely fake, because A. most of them come off as fan made. B. The creators of the list sound calm...then they'll reveal a move or something about the character..then they are flawed when its incorrect.

Can we just get back onto topic about finding other Japan sites and such..I'm more then open to doing that.

:094::003:

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
I got to add though, like 4chan, information DOES get there first. However, as you have to filter through millions of posts that are utter garbage and fake lists, it's pretty hard to find out.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Yeah, tomorrow is Whobby2008. I'm going to use sumabura-x mostly though since they had good info for Jump Festa and I'm sorry, but 2CH's system is ********.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, tomorrow is Whobby2008. I'm going to use sumabura-x mostly though since they had good info for Jump Festa and I'm sorry, but 2CH's system is ********.
Eh? I thought that was on Sunday? Sorry guys, am I missing something?

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Holy ****!

So by Sunday morning (for me) the entire roster could be spoiled? With pics?

*faints*
It'll probably only be a demo.....

even if it is the full version, I doubt they'll unlock every single character in the time period...remember Mewtwo? 20 hours of combined multiplayer time? I doubt they'll be able to reach that, but, then again I could be wrong.

D

Deleted member

Even so, it would be nice to get some impressions, maybe a newcomer or two, and VIDEOS!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It'll probably only be a demo.....

even if it is the full version, I doubt they'll unlock every single character in the time period...remember Mewtwo? 20 hours of combined multiplayer time? I doubt they'll be able to reach that, but, then again I could be wrong.
20hours COMBINED total :p 5 hours if there is 4 people.
Also, I doubt that the SSE chars would be unlocked.

I dunno, maybe it is just a demo?

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
20hours COMBINED total :p 5 hours if there is 4 people.
Also, I doubt that the SSE chars would be unlocked.

I dunno, maybe it is just a demo?
20 hours of combined play, not 20 hours of combined character uses.
Combined means you don't have to do a 20 hour match, but combine match times

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Yeah, to anyone who is going: PLEASE TAKE VIDEOS. Especially if Lucas is playable. :bigthumbu

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Pokemon Trainer, Lucas, Snake or Dedede will probably be playable
Pikmin maybe
Zelda probably not since the whole downB secrecy

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I just hope that there won't be such strict enforcement of the "no cameras" rule.
We missed like an entire Brawl demo because of that crap at Jump Festa. There's no video of it anywhere.

Of course, we'll be able to get impression translations from reliable people like Aeris and Short Fuse, but video would be appreciated

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
It will probably be a demo, but I am hoping there will be new characters in from the last demo.

@ ShortFuse- I don't know if you know, but Zelda's B-Down move is "Twilight Change" She transfroms into Sheik. Her FS is the Light Arrows. Here's the link- http://www.brawlcentral.com/
Read the thread, man. Short Fuse knows just as well as you. If you know, why do you think that one of our main translators wouldn't?

Top Bottom