• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I just hope that there won't be such strict enforcement of the "no cameras" rule.
We missed like an entire Brawl demo because of that crap at Jump Festa. There's no video of it anywhere.

Of course, we'll be able to get impression translations from reliable people like Aeris and Short Fuse, but video would be appreciated
If something crops up, I'll let you all know as soon as I can find out. ;) It started about 2 hours ago, but I dunno what time the tourney begins.

EDIT: Whoops! I'm a day ahead of myself! ^^; It starts TOMORROW, 6 PM EST.

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
There actually was one video of Jump Festa showing Kirby's FS, but the quality has very crappy.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
so, since im total psycho and can never follow whats going on across my street, never mind across the globe, ..

theres a tourney going on now? and its possible well have some sort of info leak?

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
If something crops up, I'll let you all know as soon as I can find out. ;) It started about 2 hours ago, but I dunno what time the tourney begins.
Hm? Isn't the tourney on Sunday? It's Saturday over there now.

EDIT: WHOOPS. Sorry, man. I didn't see the edit. Disregard this.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
The tournament is Sunday 9AM in Japan time
Saturday at 11PM Eastern US time
I'm on my cellphone now and it doesn't support japanese characters but if whobby.com says 1/13/08 9AM then it's tomorrow at 11PM

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I'm on my cellphone now and it doesn't support japanese characters but if whobby.com says 1/13/08 9AM then it's tomorrow at 11PM
I wonder how long it will take to actually get some impressions/ video though. Probably not until sometime next week.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
...Are you sure? Because when it's 4 PM in Japan (i.e. DOJO Update Time), it's 2 AM here (Ohio). That's a 14-hour difference right there. So if the tournament starts at 9 AM in Japan, it will be 7 PM here in Ohio (EDT).

Granted, we won't be getting any impressions at 7 PM EDT on the dot, but that's when you might want to start checking in from time to time. ;)

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Mario Galaxy... what memories.

On that note,I thought nthis thread had all but dissapeared, but now that it's back, I'm glad!

Cross your fingers for the full confirmed roster at the Tournament! It would make a lot of sense, because now that Olimar's here, I can safely say that we have the starting roster. Who knows, maybe Captain Falcon will be revealed at the last second, but now I'm thinking he'll be a secret character. Sonic and Snake hav been confirmed (I think by Corocoro?) to be secret characters, but I strongly believe they'll be playable at Whobby for hype's sake.

squall1207

Smash Cadet
Do you think snake,Zelda,Ice climbers,Pokemon trainer,King dedee, or Captain Olimar will be playable?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Right now is 13:43 in japan, look at the "time" on my post and make your own diffrence.

tournament? isn't whobby an animecon type of thing? anyway I'm going tommorow, and I'm taking notes, I might even try for pictures, if there's a possibility of doing that. I got a sony DSC-H3 8.1 mega pixel digital camera, and videos of screens turn out pretty good.

I don't know how much I'll get to play(hopefully I can camp It right from the start :p) but i'll let you know whatever I find out.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
tournament? isn't whobby an animecon type of thing? anyway I'm going tommorow, and I'm taking notes, I might even try for pictures, if there's a possibility of doing that. I got a sony DSC-H3 8.1 mega pixel digital camera, and videos of screens turn out pretty good.
I got the "tournament" thing from smamix.com but I changed it to events
Takes lots of pictures and info. Hopefully, Wario and Kirby will be playable and we can get a bit more info (if any)

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I got the "tournament" thing from smamix.com but I changed it to events
Takes lots of pictures and info. Hopefully, Wario and Kirby will be playable and we can get a bit more info (if any)
I'm pretty sure those two at the very least will be playable. I'm counting on testing them,Ike and peach. and IF there's time and new characters I'll try them at well, other wise I'm going for Zamus notes

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Right now is 13:43 in japan, look at the "time" on my post and make your own diffrence.

I don't know how much I'll get to play(hopefully I can camp It right from the start :p) but i'll let you know whatever I find out.
Just make a Lucas compendium: damage percents, attack descriptions, general playstyle, SM and FS descriptions, pictures, videos...y'know, the usual stuff! ;)

(Kidding! That's a lot of work. But I wouldn't be at all opposed to you going all-out for the second-best character of MOTHER3--the best, of course, being Claus.)

Seriously, good luck tomorrow and, most of all, HAVE A BLAST! Be sure to let us know all about it as soon as you can. :bigthumbu

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
If you can record stuff. nice. I just hope you can confirm some little things like Kirby's sucking of items and if you see any new Attack Trophies/Items, try to remember, if not, it's okay. We'll have the forums.

Zek

Smash Ace
There will probably be more characters playable just like at Jumpfesta. Whether or not they'll trade out old ones again is anybody's guess. I'm hoping for anybody among Zelda, PT, Lucas, Dedede or Olimar.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I don't know when the event is over, but I'm pretty sure I'll post my impressions around 10-12 PM, subtract 14 hours and you'll know :p.

I'm posting in my Israeli forum first, especially seeing as I'm community manager there, so sorry about that.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
For those that can't figure it out, then, expect it around Sunday morning between 6 and 8 AM. ;)

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
FYI add 15 hours to American time and you get Japanese time. Inversely, subtract 15 hours from Japanese time to get American time.

Hope that helps ya'll.

Reagle

Smash Rookie
I know it may be asking a lot, but does anyone know of anyone recording a tourney for us to watch? I mean, I'm more than happy with just reading about any new stuff in this new demo, but I'd love to see some fights, especially if Olimar is playable.

Gold_Darkness

Smash Apprentice
I don't know when the event is over, but I'm pretty sure I'll post my impressions around 10-12 PM, subtract 14 hours and you'll know :p.

I'm posting in my Israeli forum first, especially seeing as I'm community manager there, so sorry about that.
The WHF event lasts from 9 AM to 4 PM Japan time.

Once you get around to posting, are you going to post your info in this thread, just to keep it separate from the translations here?

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
There are a few things I want to know....
1. What is Wario's entrance?
2. Ike Side Special
3. A picture/vid of Pit's Down B

Basically all, I want to know.

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
yeah, the Mirror sheild. There's only ONE short, replaying GIF video of it. I was hoping to see it in action. Like against projectiles and attacks. I just want someone to try to see "How it works" precisely and perhaps catch some media of it. Just a better picture or something.

Uoaei

Smash Rookie
All I want to know is if Ike really got that speed boost to make him attack as fast as Roy.

Top Bottom