• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
...Obviously not. <_< It looks like they're using the TP deity names. IE:

Lanaryu's Love
Faron's Wind
Eldin's Fire

More people should play TP. :/ I can't believe the BrawlCentral guy got that wrong, too...then again he didn't know that Superspicy Curry is from Kirby...as obvious as it is from the Dojo page.
This is a great observation. Super kudos to you, Devastlian.
It's too bad Zelda's newly named moves do pretty much than same thing as they did in Melee except maybe "Twilight Change". We can't be exactly sure what that does, though it seems most likely a TP styled Sheik transformation. But Zelda's other moves just suck.

Anth0ny

Smash Master

Lanaryu's Love
Faron's Wind
Eldin's Fire

More people should play TP. :/ I can't believe the BrawlCentral guy got that wrong, too...then again he didn't know that Superspicy Curry is from Kirby...as obvious as it is from the Dojo page.
Crap, I completely forgot. I'm a freaking Zelda fanboy, but I haven't played TP since I beat it about a year ago.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land

Lanaryu's Love
Faron's Wind
Eldin's Fire

the guy (BrawlCentral) just takes info from here in the first place.:ohwell:

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Ok, Shortfuse, no one seems to understand what the topic title means (for good reason, it doesn't make much sense). You should really take out the part about Krystal cause it's hard to understand that you're saying a Japanese prophet claims Krystal is in Brawl. It just isn't clear. Or, you could leave the title and explain it in the first post, but I'm sure some people would still ignore the first post and end up confused.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Reading further into the 2ch thread
(http://game13.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1199974577/), it seems the same prophet had this to say about Mewtwo (post 810):

(My best attempt at translation)

Mewtwo:

Up+B = Teleport
Smash+B = Pyscho Cutter
B = Shadow Ball
Down+B = Kanashibari (Confusion?); All I know is that states that if you get hit, you won't be able to fight back for like 7 seconds.

Final Smash: Psychokinesis (Psychic?)
Description: I wish I could be clearer, but it seems to talk about screwing up opponent's movements by reversing their operations and slowing down their speed a bit. Meanwhile, Mewtwo seems to be invincible...?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Well excuse me for finding the info here before they are posted there.

:embarrass
Obviously we report some of our news that has been on smashboards. Do you really think smashbaords doesn't pay attention to all of the news on Brawl? If Gamespot has a news article that you saw on IGN 5 minutes before it, are you going to say "omgz they copied IGN, theyr're so unoriginal."

Also bear in mind that we have managed to be the originators of some news stories, such as being the first source ANYWHERE on the internet to release the info/images of last month's CoroCoro, and confirming 100% The Pokemon Special moves.

We give credit to people who send in info and sources. We don't act as if other people's work is our own. Our news page is designed to report Brawl news, and that's what we do.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Obviously we report some of our news that has been on smashboards. Do you really think smashbaords doesn't pay attention to all of the news on Brawl? If Gamespot has a news article that you saw on IGN 5 minutes before it, are you going to say "omgz they copied IGN, theyr're so unoriginal."

Also bear in mind that we have managed to be the originators of some news stories, such as being the first source ANYWHERE on the internet to release the info/images of last month's CoroCoro, and confirming 100% The Pokemon Special moves.
I didn't say you guys are copiers, I respect your site for it is Brawl info like anyone else.

Good thing I am a nice person and I don't want to pick up a fight with Dyce for insulting me for no reason.:ohwell:

I am watching your discovery about the cards from CoroCoro:)

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo? Interesting. Don't really care for him, but I happily welcome him back if he doesn't suck :p
I'd really like the description to be true. It sounds like it would basically just take what was already there, and just do a lot more to make it better. Plus, the Final Smash sounds like an okay thing on paper.

But, we shall see, as is the case with the rest of this rumor.

Just one thing...why do I not see "Purin" (Jigglypuff) on this "secret character unlock" list? I see Ness, I see Falcon, I see Luigi. But I DO NOT see Purin, which makes no sense.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

Lanaryu's Love
Faron's Wind
Eldin's Fire

Wow...good call! I didn't pay close enough attention to the romaji to even notice. Good find! :bigthumbu Nice to see that Sakurai's keepin' it modern.

Reading further into the 2ch thread
(http://game13.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1199974577/), it seems the same prophet had this to say about Mewtwo (post 810):

(My best attempt at translation)

Mewtwo:

Up+B = Teleport
Smash+B = Pyscho Cutter
B = Shadow Ball
Down+B = Kanashibari (Confusion?); All I know is that states that if you get hit, you won't be able to fight back for like 7 seconds.

Final Smash: Psychokinesis (Psychic?)
Description: I wish I could be clearer, but it seems to talk about screwing up opponent's movements by reversing their operations and slowing down their speed a bit. Meanwhile, Mewtwo seems to be invincible...?
Kanashibari is Disable. ;) And methinks that's just a fan-made moveset. Serebii's been dispelling all rosters with a playable Mewtwo (although never coming out and saying why, it's pretty clear). There's ideas for two of Olimar's Special Moves listed a few posts below that one, albeit pretty obvious ones.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . WTH does the title mean and will anyone (short fuse) update w/e info he is talking about in the title!?!?

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
I wonder why Serebii.net is doing that? Perhaps they just want Lucario really badly? *shrug*

anyway, I certainly hope Mewtwo is back...if he'd not, you'll have one PO'd fox here.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I didn't say you guys are copiers, I respect your site for it is Brawl info like anyone else.

Good thing I am a nice person and I don't want to pick up a fight with Dyce for insulting me for no reason.:ohwell:

I am watching your discovery about the cards from CoroCoro:)
Well, that's basically what it sounded like you said. If it's not what you meant, then I appologize for being so rash.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I found something interesting on Yahoo Auctions Japan. Seems like Brawl is being sold for prices ranging from 5,980 yen (about $54 USD) to a whopping 9,000 yen! (about $82 USD) I don't know if this is because Amazon is sold out, but only 2 listings are under the retail price (6,800 yen), and remember, that is only the starting price (not including shipping and handling either I believe).

I guess the demand is higher than we thought in Japan!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I thought I made the comment already. I guess it didn't go through. There are some Japanese Prophets saying Krystal and a few others are coming to Brawl. I found it funny that even Japanese Forums has these prophets. I said Krystal because it's the was the requested, non confirmed, character on Smash Boards that the "prophet" was saying. I'm sorry, I thought this comment went through hours ago.

The point was also to show that 2CH is not really a reliable source of information since they can have prophets as well.

Here's the list:
"Cara hidden
Captain Falcon
Crystal
Sonic
Seek
Great King of Evil
Snake
Mars
Ridley
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Recombination model (available in a non-empty nitrous)
Ness
Luigi
Lucario
Black Shadow

Cara a model changeover and nitrous hidden in the sky like a plane out size edition was added; box 413"

i wish i knew what that was refering to, **** you google traslator! :D

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
"Cara hidden
Captain Falcon
Krystal
Sonic
Seek (Sheik)
Great King of Evil (Ganondorf)
Snake
Mars (Marth)
Ridley
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Recombination model (available in a non-empty nitrous) (Double You Tee Eff)
Ness
Luigi
Lucario
Black Shadow
Fixed.

Where was the site it was quoted from? I'll try to translate.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
If someone could get the original post (i.e. in kana), I'll do my best to discern fact from fiction.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
Through a quick check with some converters, I BELIEVE recombination's romaji is "KU-MI-KA-E". So, yeah.

(Yes, I know Japanese, so I'm not regularly a "online conversion" guy, but that sure as heck ain't a word I know off-hand)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Yeah, I guess I did. So what? It's not like anyone cares about Krystal.

Well, I know I don't.

EDIT: GLITCH! What up, son? How's your glitchy-*** Mewtwo doing? I need to learn from yous. :(
*Rant about life*
Yes, people do care about Krystal.

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman

Well, I know I don't.

EDIT: GLITCH! What up, son? How's your glitchy-*** Mewtwo doing? I need to learn from yous. :(
hes doing good, not at prime but not rusty either, i'll be there tmr so i'll c u there, i dont wana spam this thread lol

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice

Well, I know I don't.

Doesn't matter if you care or not...People will claim you are false for errors.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
It's not worth the effort. I'm looking at stuff at the 2ch site. Do you understand how to get around it now?
Sort of. It almost seems pointless to sort through it, just given the sheer volume of posts in such a short amount of time. :(

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Sort of. It almost seems pointless to sort through it, just given the sheer volume of posts in such a short amount of time. :(
I fixed the link in the first post for 2CH. I'm using machine translation (Systran). I'm getting some stuff but nothing new yet.

It's the entire smashboards forum on one thread. so cluttered, yet people like the system.

Hiding [kiyara]
Snake (metal gear)
Sonic (sonic)
C. [huarukon] (F-ZERO)
[ruiji] ([ruijimanshiyon])
Purine ([pokemon])
[ganondorohu] ([zeruda])
Mr game & watch (game watch)
[huaruko] (star fox)
[miyuutsu] ([pokemon])
Ness (MOTHER)
Mars ([huaiaemuburemu])