• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Georgia Brawl Power Rankings - Updated 08/16/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Then we need to step it up *****. If we can't make the PRs look legit, then we need to be training at ppl's house or at Waba. As always, I'm down to train whenever, but I just can't afford to give out a lot of money these days till I get a job or ****. For now, I would rather have a top 8 PR until the placings get consistent, then we can expand it.
To a degree i agree with this. A top 10 should be the top 10 players in said state, not the top ten players that placed good to decently well at the latest tournaments leading up to the new Power Ranking. On the same hand though I think that if someone is placing well than they should be in the conversation to be in the new PR if not exactly on it maybe in the Honorable mention with like an asterisk saying they dont have enough consistant tourney placings or something idk.

Thats why I was skeptical at people having my name in the PR because I think that some of your statements were derected in a way at me and I agree with what you are saying.

If you were to make a top 10 PR Scatz or AntiC what would it be jw?

Purple

Hi guys!
Then we need to step it up *****. If we can't make the PRs look legit, then we need to be training at ppl's house or at Waba. As always, I'm down to train whenever, but I just can't afford to give out a lot of money these days till I get a job or ****. For now, I would rather have a top 8 PR until the placings get consistent, then we can expand it.
hell, bring it down to top 6 or something, we need be wanting to improve and beat the top players not people who got lucky in the past three months.

@GTR - let's see.. i wouldn't make a top 10, i would make a top five with this

kismet2
biglou
desu
player1
scatt

that's set in stone, except for scatt who goes even in my opinion with rayku and zom~B, rayku beats zom~B, zom~B beats scatt probably since he can run away alot :p, and scatt can beat rayku. in my opinion those three people and billy are the only people that can have a relatively decent match against the top three. everyone else gets turbo ***** 2-stocked or worse.

so top 7 would be

kismet2 (always top 2)
biglou (always top 3)
desu (always top 5)
player1 (always top 5)
scatt (always top 5)
rayku (always top 5)
zom~B (always top 7)
dynomite (top 10)

now no complaining here, we all know there are people who know what they're doing in the Georgia community and i won't even try to name them all, but after dyno got 2nd place at one tourney he has stayed up there despite what you guys think. This is all i can put up

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I agree with a top 8 or top 6 whatever.

GA smashers have been evolving at different rates (well, besides the top 5), so we can't rank them and expect the PR to be accurate. Once GA starts solidifying itself we can make a top 10. For now, we need a top 6 or top 8.

Also, we should have commentary :p
Really, whatever happened to that idea?

bigman40

Smash Master
No one brought a setup to commentate. Plus, we need to hype Waba monthlies up more.

@GTR: My list would most likely cut after Umby. I've seen him doing consistent 9th places and losing to Rayku alot in losers.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
There's no disrespect towards you Dyno. I'm just pointing out that everyone under the top 5 isn't showing a consistent threat like they should.
****.. i guess i have to step up my game.. I WANT TOP 5 IN GA!!

@ antic: i understand what you are saying and i do agree with your list. i personally think i can put up a good fight against any of the top 10 you listed, exept desu atm, i gotta find something for him.. but the others: P1- i always put up a good 1-2 fight against him scatt the same but i am confinced that i can now take down his snake and his luigi. kismet i havnt played since maybe november but i dont think i can take him down, maybe put up a fight, but not win. same goes with lou. i am going to try my best to rep Ga's Brawl/Smash community in a good way.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
, we need a top 6 or top 8.

Also, we should have commentary :p
Really, whatever happened to that idea?
Commentary would be awesome. I would love that ****.

@GTR: My list would most likely cut after Umby. I've seen him doing consistent 9th places and losing to Rayku alot in losers.
I saw a week or so back that Umby has been consistently placing 9th a lot so i think that warrants 9th place in the rankings. But if we have a top 9, we might as well make a top 10 right? And just to clear things up, out of all the people i mentioned in previous posts, i really think you are deserving of the #10 spot b/c you have been around and consistent in previous months but i mean its just so many names that are being tossed around.

Me and umby are so good
where are the rest of ya'll at?
Im sorry Alby I'm just not good enought :( :(

. i am going to try my best to rep Ga's Brawl/Smash community in a good way.
Good ****. I really want to play you at SEB if you are going. Just to kind of see where i stand :)

hell, bring it down to top 6 or something, we need be wanting to improve and beat the top players not people who got lucky in the past three months.
Well i mean how can you determine the people who got lucky in the last 3 months from those who actaully have potential and are improving and becoming some of the better people in GA?

kismet2
biglou
desu
player1
scatt

that's set in stone, except for scatt who goes even in my opinion with rayku and zom~B, rayku beats zom~B, zom~B beats scatt probably since he can run away alot :p, and scatt can beat rayku. in my opinion those three people and billy are the only people that can have a relatively decent match against the top three. everyone else gets turbo ***** 2-stocked or worse.

so top 7 would be

kismet2 (always top 2)
biglou (always top 3)
desu (always top 5)
player1 (always top 5)
scatt (always top 5)
rayku (always top 5)
zom~B (always top 7)
dynomite (top 10)

now no complaining here, we all know there are people who know what they're doing in the Georgia community and i won't even try to name them all, but after dyno got 2nd place at one tourney he has stayed up there despite what you guys think. This is all i can put up
I also think Dyno deserves to stay up there. And i also agree with you analysis of the top 7, though i would really say that Kismet and Lounis are the best, but truthfully after lou and kismet they are all really really even. And to some degree any of them can have their days where they can beat anyone else. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens when/if the Power Ranks are updated.

bigman40

Smash Master
And there's the trick to this. When someone gets a really good placing, then it should become harder from there. If you got 2nd place, then we should be expecting you to get around that close consistently. If not, then there are reasons as to why you can't replicate that anymore. The more consistent placings and tourney records vs other players take more weight than just one 2nd place.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
yo panelists can yall get on between today-tomarrow to discuss the prs.

Since GA seems to be showing the want to get better, i wil definitly want to get involved to help. IF at least 5 people want to hang out somewhere and play some smash and get some tips or whatever, ill try to show up to either a house or waba. I can definitly show up anyday, im not working. I know at raykus house i played bbq for a couplem of shours at a time trying to get some of his bad matchups down, we can do the same with everyone and get everyone experience in matchups so we can be considered a top state in smash.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
yo panelists can yall get on between today-tomarrow to discuss the prs.

Since GA seems to be showing the want to get better, i wil definitly want to get involved to help. IF at least 5 people want to hang out somewhere and play some smash and get some tips or whatever, ill try to show up to either a house or waba. I can definitly show up anyday, im not working. I know at raykus house i played bbq for a couplem of shours at a time trying to get some of his bad matchups down, we can do the same with everyone and get everyone experience in matchups so we can be considered a top state in smash.
We need to play this week Lounis. If thats cool with you.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Lounis you have 777 posts. Lucky you.

Dyno we should talk about matchups when you're in the mood to discuss Smash.

Player-1

Smash Legend

kismet2
biglou
desu
player1
scatt

so top 7 would be

kismet2 (always top 2)
biglou (always top 3)
desu (always top 5)
player1 (always top 5)
scatt (always top 5)
rayku (always top 5)
zom~B (always top 7)
dynomite (top 10)

FYI, these are the tournaments that I know of since the last update that had a decent attendance:

Waba Games Monthly – Saturday July 18th 2009
1.Kismet2
2.Player-1
3.Lambchops
4.Will_
5.Scatt
5.Rayku
7.Dynomite
7.GTR
Atlanta Revival – July 11th 2009
1)BigLou
2)GTR
3)D0N
4)Alby
5)Umby
Waba Games Monthly – Saturday June 20th 2009
1.Reflex
2.Kismet2
3.BigLou
4.Scatt
5.Desu
5.Rayku
7.Zom~B
7.Tong
Smash or Die 7 – June 14th 2009
1st - Scatt
2nd - Albino
3rd - Zom-B
4th – D0N
5th - Wizzle
5th - Rayku
7th - Neo X
7th - Elliot
Waba Games Monthly – Saturday May 16th 2009
1: BigLou
2: Player 1
3: Reflex
4: Kismet
5: Desu
5: Scatt
7: Rayku
7: Dynomite

So it'd be like this:

kismet2 (always top 4)
biglou (always top 3)
desu (always top 5)
player1 (always top 2)
scatt (always top 5)
rayku (always top 7)
zom~B (always top 10)
dynomite (top 10)

which is inaccurate as hell, because Kismet and Biglou are both better than me as everybody here knows.

Purple

Hi guys!
problem with those tourneys player-1.

biglou and reflex wasn't at that tournament, therefore you didn't face those people in losers because some weren't there to face each other and knock someone out. that's the main reason you got second, will_ is good i give you that, but you've constantly lost to reflex (except for i guess that one tourney? o_o?) , kismet2, and biglou, putting you at top 4 :bee:

Player-1

Smash Legend
problem with those tourneys player-1.

biglou and reflex wasn't at that tournament, therefore you didn't face those people in losers because some weren't there to face each other and knock someone out. that's the main reason you got second, will_ is good i give you that, but you've constantly lost to reflex (except for i guess that one tourney? o_o?) , kismet2, and biglou, putting you at top 4 :bee:
I know that, I was speaking in terms of technicality, that's why I left that little comment about how Kismet and BigLou were better than me

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Lounis you have 777 posts. Lucky you.

Dyno we should talk about matchups when you're in the mood to discuss Smash.
i do not have 100% access to a computer atm, have to share 1 laptop since i am up here in PA, took my PC but last second videocard capacitors decided to hate me, so yea. 1 pc atm. we will be heading back to GA around Saturday-ish so i would love to talk/exchange match up info with you then. Im always in the mood to talk about smash related things, help/learn ECT.

@P1- where are the 4th of july listings, im rather sure i got 4th then getting desu twice.

EDIT: yeah im 100% i got 4th,

July 4, 09-

1)Emerald china
2) Rayku/Desu
3) Zomb
4) Dynomite

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Nevermind disregard this post

@Rayku: Haha sorry if what i said came across as "catering" it wasnt intended to be that way, I was just wanting to get things clarified. But thanks for straightening that up.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Would you like me to delete those same lists that i posted a couple pages back?
Haha. Please don't cater to me. I'm not worth it.

He just basically posted the lists that you had already done so. He felt the liberty of posting them even when they were 2x over not necessary.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Haha. Please don't cater to me. I'm not worth it.

He just basically posted the lists that you had already done so. He felt the liberty of posting them even when they were 2x over not necessary.
I was posting them to save Antic the trouble of scrolling through a few pages so he could see my point...

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
I'd like for the panel to wake up and update this, please.
Since the monthly just passed im assuming that the PR will be updated pretty recently like hopefully this weekish.

Even though i will not be on them i still wanna see what they are gonna look like

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol needs moar Desu DDD at #1. **** all that MK mess =D

Enjoy your new rankings, people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom