• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Georgia Brawl Power Rankings - Updated 08/16/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple

Hi guys!
just keepin it real <_<
chops will be constantly coming to tournaments, he constantly went to ga and beat alot of our ga players already, we know who this guy is, not putting him on the PR would be technically right, but not very sound for an accurate power rankings

technical power rankings

kismet2
biglou
desu
rayku
Scatt
zom~B
Dynomite
Billy
Umby
Teh_Albino

rayku induced power rankings

kismet2
biglou
desu
Scatt
zom~B
Dynomite
Billy
Umby
Teh_Albino
GTR

Rank-Wise Sounded power rankings

kismet2
biglou
Chops
Player-1
Desu
Rayku
Scatt
zom~B
Dynomite
Billy

Honorable Mentions
Alby
Pervatasaurus
Umby

i don't know the tourney results we're using. >.>

@gtr- we only have about 3-4 tournies included in this power rankings, so you being in the PR due to billy's horrid ranking this recent tourney and you beating alot of previous honorables and placing top 8 AND top 3.

bigman40

Smash Master
Haha. I love it. I don't get anything regardless of me being the only low tier main to touch top 8 a few times. **** you all.

.....Zuzuzu....

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
chops will be constantly coming to tournaments, he constantly went to ga and beat alot of our ga players already, we know who this guy is, not putting him on the PR would be technically right, but not very sound for an accurate power rankings

technical power rankings

kismet2
biglou
desu
rayku
Scatt
zom~B
Dynomite
Billy
Umby
Teh_Albino

rayku induced power rankings

kismet2
biglou
desu
Scatt
zom~B
Dynomite
Billy
Umby
Teh_Albino
GTR

Rank-Wise Sounded power rankings

kismet2
biglou
Chops
Player-1
Desu
Rayku
Scatt
zom~B
Dynomite
Billy

Honorable Mentions
Alby
Pervatasaurus
Umby

i don't know the tourney results we're using. >.>

@gtr- we only have about 3-4 tournies included in this power rankings, so you being in the PR due to billy's horrid ranking this recent tourney and you beating alot of previous honorables and placing top 8 AND top 3.
People that matter power rankings:
panelists

people that don't matter power rankings:
pervaursus
people that quote 'i play low tier' as justification for mention

worst at bawlr power rankings:
samurai panda

Player-1

Smash Legend
just because I miss one monthly doesn't mean I'm inactive in the community >.>.

I also don't get why chops would be above me since the ONE tournament he's went to since he has moved here he played me and lost. Not saying I'm better, because IDK who is between me and him, but that wouldn't make much sense.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
p-1 has technically been to a substantiate amount of tournies for this pr season that we would need to rank him. P-1 WILL be on the rankings

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

I also don't get why chops would be above me since the ONE tournament he's went to since he has moved here he played me and lost. Not saying I'm better, because IDK who is between me and him, but that wouldn't make much sense.
:laugh: :laugh:

Purple

Hi guys!

you probably are better than him, i don't even think he'll be taking the game competitively anymore unless someone pays for him >_>.

i don't remember you being at many monthlies, granted i wasn't there for only one monthly, besides for that i've only seen you at this one.

eh, i still don't think pr matters except for top 5 considering if everyone was based on skill, alot of people wouldn't be in the rankings XD

kismet2
biglou
desu
fullmetal
player-1

because you know, fmtl plays melee, so he should definately be in there somewhere

BBQ°

Smash Champion
albino, this is coming from a person that has only been to like 2 monthlies total.
I think my PR is pretty accurate. I know it doesn't mean much coming from a guy who consistently places last in GA tournaments (:(), but it doesn't take much effort to see who is placing consistently, who is beating who consistently, and who is staying active in the community.

Also, I showed up to this monthly, June monthly, March monthly, February monthly, and some good-sized weeklies. But that's irrelevant.

I also failed to remember Tong getting 7th place last monthly, and Elliot placing highly at some events. It'll be complicated to make some adjustments on my previous list especially since they didn't show up this monthly.

Also, some of you are putting Rayku higher than Scatt. As much as I love riding Rayku's ****, I truly think that Scatt should be higher than Rayku (mostly because Rayku loses to Scatt because he's horrible at Snake matchup). Every recent major event, Rayku and Scatt have placed the same, or Scatt has placed higher. And don't forget Scatt won first place at that one tournament a few weeks ago.

On another note, it may seem far fetched to add Chops onto our PR since he's only been to one tournament in GA, -AND- he stated he has retired from Brawl, so maybe he shouldn't be on the PR. On the other hand, it's not far fetched to give P1 the 3rd spot on the PR because he is still active and still places very highly at tournaments he shows up to.

Just my 2 cents.

Also just remember that none of this has to be taken into considering, but perhaps it may help decide some controversy.

Purple

Hi guys!
desu has alot of top 3's, and he has ALOT more tourney placings than player-1. do you think he should be dropped? because i'm sure desu will still say he's better than player-1

BBQ°

Smash Champion
desu has alot of top 3's, and he has ALOT more tourney placings than player-1. do you think he should be dropped? because i'm sure desu will still say he's better than player-1
yeah. it's a really tough call. I really don't know what to say. At this point there is no way to decide who deserves the higher spot. As time goes on we'll be able to get more accurate.

I guess we can give them both spot #3?

Well, that's what I would do if it was my call.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
This is true, really the top 5 in GA are really even after Kismet and Lounis. Scatt is a beast and his matches vs P1 at this last montly were really good and really close (I think p1 won 2-1) id never seen P1 play until the last monthly and he didnt dissapoint. His diddy is ridiculously good. Ive never really seen Desu really play but i know he places really well and has a really good MK.

Top 10 to me would probably be like

1) Kismet2
2) BigLou
3) Desu
4) P1
5) Scatt
6) Zom~B
7) Dyno
8) Teh Alby
9)?
10)?

Numbers 9 and 10 seem really up in the air right now so idk. Like BBQ said Ton and Elliot could take it but i mean Umby has a good marth and will probably stay up there maybe at 9. Octix could jump up maybe or AntiC or i guess even I could.

But i guess none of this really matters LOL. Kismet, Lou, Rayku, and Desu will get it all worked out.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
1. captain america
2. tom
3. the reflex wonder

there.
ga pr:

1. TheReflexWonder
2. Reflex
3. TheReflexWonder
4. Krillin Squirtle
5. Bread
idk i kinda like these. maybe a combination?

1. captain tom
2. krillin america
3. the reflex bread
4. squirtle bread
5. wonder bread

spots 6-10 is irrelevant.

also GTR, your list would probably be a 3-sided coin flip between you, tong, and elliot for spot number 10.

oh yeah. it will also help if we knew who got 9th place at previous wabas.

Player-1

Smash Legend
This is true, really the top 5 in GA are really even after Kismet and Lounis. Scatt is a beast and his matches vs P1 at this last montly were really good and really close (I think p1 won 2-1) id never seen P1 play until the last monthly and he didnt dissapoint. His diddy is ridiculously good. Ive never really seen Desu really play but i know he places really well and has a really good MK.

1) Kismet2
2) BigLou
3) Desu
4) P1
5) Scatt
6) Zom~B
7) Dyno
8) Teh Alby
9)?
10)?

Numbers 9 and 10 seem really up in the air right now so idk. Like BBQ said Ton and Elliot could take it but i mean Umby has a good marth and will probably stay up there maybe at 9. Octix could jump up maybe or AntiC or i guess even I could.

But i guess none of this really matters LOL. Kismet, Lou, Rayku, and Desu will get it all worked out.
yeah Scatt was really close, I just got lucky with the halberd laser 3rd game, but our matches weren't really close except for the last one. 1st game I trip into a Dsmash > Fsmash combo, and then I SD and I get 2 stocked. 2nd game I get a lucky gimp on his Snake and i think he SDed as well, and I 3 stock him. I got really lucky just about game in the losers bracket i played in, but thank goodness that I did because, personally, I don't think I played my best. Like I said in the WABA thread, I probably shouldn't have gotten past elev8 again losers cause i was playing bad, but I got lucky.

but for the info, the only monthly I haven't attended this year has been the July and April WABA, and i actually showed up to a weekly in April and took 1st against Six in GF.

(Btw, johning for other people + johning for myself = no johns >.>).

Saltix

Smash Lord

1) Kismet2
2) BigLou
3) Desu
4) P1
5) Scatt
6) Zom~B
7) Dyno
8) Teh Alby
9)?
10)?

You know I was gonna say exactly that LOL.

And you know, I'd love to get my hopes up about being on the PR, but I'd rather not. According to Rayku, 9th place means nothing, and that's all I ever get.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
also GTR, your list would probably be a 3-sided coin flip between you, tong, and elliot for spot number 10.

oh yeah. it will also help if we knew who got 9th place at previous wabas.
Im going through the Waba Thread right now and lookiing at the monthly placings dating back till May.

I can edit my post with the placings for those 3 as well as the ATL revival and Smash or Die 7 if you guys want, just so it will be easy for people to locate/look at.

You know I was gonna say exactly that LOL.

And you know, I'd love to get my hopes up about being on the PR, but I'd rather not. According to Rayku, 9th place means nothing, and that's all I ever get.
Well i mean if you get 9thish pretty consistently at tournaments then maybe your the 9th best player in GA. Hm crappy logic i know, but hey it could happen.

Umby

Smash Master
Im going through the Waba Thread right now and lookiing at the monthly placings dating back till May.

I can edit my post with the placings for those 3 as well as the ATL revival and Smash or Die 7 if you guys want, just so it will be easy for people to locate/look at.

Well i mean if you get 9thish pretty consistently at tournaments then maybe your the 9th best player in GA. Hm crappy logic i know, but hey it could happen.
That would unfortunately make me 9th. Save for this last Waba, I've been getting 9th for at least 5 consecutive GA tournaments. Scatz is my witness.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
That would unfortunately make me 9th. Save for this last Waba, I've been getting 9th for at least 5 consecutive GA tournaments. Scatz is my witness.
Whenever i was going through the results last night i realized this.

BTW i have the results from those like 6 tourneys but idk where to post them or if i even should.

What do you guys think?

Edit:

South East Battles - Saturday August 1st 2009
1: LambChop
2: Player 1
3: Desu
4: Bleak
5: Albino
5: Billy
7: Teh Umby
7: Antic
Waba Games Monthly – Saturday July 18th 2009
1.Kismet2
2.Player-1
3.Lambchops
4.Will_
5.Scatt
5.Rayku
7.Dynomite
7.GTR
Atlanta Revival – July 11th 2009
1)BigLou
2)GTR
3)D0N
4)Alby
5)Umby
Waba Games Monthly – Saturday June 20th 2009
1.Reflex
2.Kismet2
3.BigLou
4.Scatt
5.Desu
5.Rayku
7.Zom~B
7.Tong
Smash or Die 7 – June 14th 2009
1st - Scatt
2nd - Albino
3rd - Zom-B
4th – D0N
5th - Wizzle
5th - Rayku
7th - Neo X
7th - Elliot
Waba Games Monthly – Saturday May 16th 2009
1: BigLou
2: Player 1
3: Reflex
4: Kismet
5: Desu
5: Scatt
7: Rayku
7: Dynomite

If this isnt needed ill just edit it and delete it. They are posted from most recent in descending order. I just decided to post them what could it hurt i guess......

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
One time sleepy played brawl with me and i could see a smile come out of his mouth.

And a twinkle in his eye
for he knew that soon, he would leave the horrible world of brawl and return to the fantastical world of melee.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
One time sleepy played brawl with me and i could see a smile come out of his mouth.

And a twinkle in his eye
he was using captain falcon. if anything, it was vomit coming out of his mouth and a tear of sadness in his eye.

edit:
Whenever i was going through the results last night i realized this.

BTW i have the results from those like 6 tourneys but idk where to post them or if i even should.

What do you guys think?

Edit:

Waba Games Monthly – Saturday July 18th 2009
1.Kismet2
2.Player-1
3.Lambchops
4.Scatt
5.Will_
5.Rayku
7.Dynomite
7.GTR
if my memory serves correctly, Will_ got 4th and Scatt got 5th.

Rayku

Smash Lord
"I truly think that Scatt should be higher than Rayku (mostly because Rayku loses to Scatt because he's horrible at Snake matchup)"

As much as I think Scatt is better than me, this statement is statistically false. Scatt and I have a 1-1 record. Also, my weakness to a Snake has nothing to do, and never will have anything to do, with anyone other than a Personal Problem.

Scatz, not to sound like a douche bag or anything. You know we're cool. But, being a low tier doesn't give you any more merit. You're not going to make it on a power rankings just because you play a low tier character. If you place, you'll get on. The character you play is just something else to look at.

bigman40

Smash Master
Scatz, not to sound like a douche bag or anything. You know we're cool. But, being a low tier doesn't give you any more merit. You're not going to make it on a power rankings just because you play a low tier character. If you place, you'll get on. The character you play is just something else to look at.

I'm not saying that I should be on the power rankings. I'm well aware that I haven't been consistent in my placings to be on it. The thing about it is that people give out honorable mentions and despite the fact that I have a consistent tourney record (except for the recent monthly), I don't get any knowledge whatsoever.

I looks at these rankings much differently than what other people do. I look at the consistency placing over the months those people have done. People that have fluctuated placements need to show that they are a constant threat and not just an "every now and then" threat.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I looks at these rankings much differently than what other people do. I look at the consistency placing over the months those people have done. People that have fluctuated placements need to show that they are a constant threat and not just an "every now and then" threat.
loldyno

I see what you mean, but I guess people tend to look at the most recent results because they figure "well he got a lot better" instead of "he's just inconsistent".

bigman40

Smash Master
If that person got a lot better, then he should be showing that he's been better through consistency. Sure, you can impress a few people, but if you can't put up the results when it should count, then that's a problem.

The main problem we have is that we don't have good Biweeklies here as TX, SoCal, or other places have. So, we don't have a number of tourneys to look at when we can tell when someone has shown improvement through consistency.

Purple

Hi guys!
If that person got a lot better, then he should be showing that he's been better through consistency. Sure, you can impress a few people, but if you can't put up the results when it should count, then that's a problem.

The main problem we have is that we don't have good Biweeklies here as TX, SoCal, or other places have. So, we don't have a number of tourneys to look at when we can tell when someone has shown improvement through consistency.
scatz you live in georgia, don't expect good **** from us.

bigman40

Smash Master
scatz you live in georgia, don't expect good **** from us.
Hey, I don't expect good ****, but I can at least try to expect something decent. Either way, it's just what I thought the PRs would be more like. My thoughts won't matter unless the panelists converse about my thoughts.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
loldyno

I see what you mean, but I guess people tend to look at the most recent results because they figure "well he got a lot better" instead of "he's just inconsistent".
you just cant let that win go :( people accept that rayku has no snake matchup xp, but i can say with confidence that he has more snake match up (playing zomb, scatt at tournaments maybe 1 snake a month) then i have against game and watch. no one around me plays game and watch or even plays him for fun. but i assure you good sir, next time i get matched up with you i will be victorious! other than the tournament you beat me at i have placed top 10 constantly since around January.

I am doing my best showing up to the monthlys. I sometimes make it out to biweeklies when proven to have good attendance.

bigman40

Smash Master
There's no disrespect towards you Dyno. I'm just pointing out that everyone under the top 5 isn't showing a consistent threat like they should.

Purple

Hi guys!
There's no disrespect towards you Dyno. I'm just pointing out that everyone under the top 5 isn't showing a consistent threat like they should.
you're right, but that's us being bad, you really can't be salty about the top 6-10 OR honorable's, it's just who remembers who, and people leave people out of pr's all the time, i do it every time i make a pr :dizzy:

bigman40

Smash Master
you're right, but that's us being bad, you really can't be salty about the top 6-10 OR honorable's, it's just who remembers who, and people live people out of pr's all the time, i do it every time i make a pr :dizzy:
Then we need to step it up *****. If we can't make the PRs look legit, then we need to be training at ppl's house or at Waba. As always, I'm down to train whenever, but I just can't afford to give out a lot of money these days till I get a job or ****. For now, I would rather have a top 8 PR until the placings get consistent, then we can expand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom