• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Official FAQ and QnA Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

Binx

Smash Master
commentating has been around since MLG days, most non MLG tournaments didn't have commentary until recently, so to answer your question its only required if you have someone that says funny **** during most matches.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Hmm, this hasnt been used in a while...

I was wondering how much fast falling affects how far you go,

take for example fox, in PAL, he is in fact lighter than kirby,
yet he dies vertically an extra 30% higher or so,

So i wanted to know the components of how far you go, it seems that its not just judged on by weight and DI

metashinryu

Smash Ace
got a question: when edgeteching(with captain or falco),whitin how many exact frames before hitting the wall should you press L/R? i do it by reflex and habits but still want to know

Eaode

Smash Champion
If I Recall Correctly.

The thing with edgeteching is that yes, you have 20 frames before the collision when you can input the tech, but you can't input it too close to the collision because it won't register during hitlag IIRC.

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
yeeash, i cant even L cancel. ill practice friday
i found a better solution: Marth.
sorry i responded so late
ironicly i HATE fighting marths, so i thought about marths Down-B, which knocks the crap outta any fool that hit him/her. it worked like a charm, the fool(brother) cant stop nairing on my down-b. once he does that...wham!(*says random japenese*)...and forward smash to his doom. and he wavedashes and hits so easily. so i welcome: MARTH my secondary main (sorry fox and yoshi )

i hope im not getting too cocky, he can adapt WELL.(gulp....shiek)

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Has anyone else seen Marth's f-smash do this? Watch at 6:14.

http://gameroom.mlgpro.com/view/vwPMG5hesulp1U.html

It's a small highlights vid from Friday when my friend and I were playing. He's still learning...so he's not really doing any of the combos XD But I put that f-smash he did in just because it was so weird...

Don't feel compelled to watch the whole thing, I made it for fun--I was just wondering about that weird angle I was sent off at.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
You either

a) DI'd straight down (unlikely)
b) Got screwed over by the invisible ceiling glitch right when you were hit (even more unlikely, but the better explanation)

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Ah, I'll try it again someday and just let myself get hit and DI down and see what happens ;D Hopefully that'll resolve it.

Also, did anyone know you can clash Marth's f-smash with another Marth's...in the wrong direction? I have a clip of me doing it XD

Vro

Smash Lord
for some reason i'd like to think the counter on the edge helped with the invisible ceiling thing

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Ah, I'll try it again someday and just let myself get hit and DI down and see what happens ;D Hopefully that'll resolve it.

Also, did anyone know you can clash Marth's f-smash with another Marth's...in the wrong direction? I have a clip of me doing it XD
going fishing is about the coolest thing marth can do.

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Has anyone else seen Marth's f-smash do this? Watch at 6:14.

http://gameroom.mlgpro.com/view/vwPMG5hesulp1U.html

It's a small highlights vid from Friday when my friend and I were playing. He's still learning...so he's not really doing any of the combos XD But I put that f-smash he did in just because it was so weird...

Don't feel compelled to watch the whole thing, I made it for fun--I was just wondering about that weird angle I was sent off at.
When you are a victim of the invisible ceiling glitch or similar effects (like counters), and you dont touch the ground, the following attacks will also cause you to hit the invisible ceiling.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
No you cannot SDI throws

Only one of jiggs throw (fthrow? or dthrow) and falcos up throw cuz of the lasers.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
what do you mean further? you can still di the throw. so if you di away from the throw you can still go farther than if you di'd like in.

but thats not smash di

thats just di.

Pi

Smash Hero
Say you get grabbed by marth while he's facing right
And he up throws you
The only input you can make is to hold right/left?
In that case, my friend some times gets to the point where I have to dash to grab him again, other times he'll simply fall back into my grab range, what is he doing differently?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Say you get grabbed by marth while he's facing right
And he up throws you
The only input you can make is to hold right/left?
In that case, my friend some times gets to the point where I have to dash to grab him again, other times he'll simply fall back into my grab range, what is he doing differently?
Most likely when he goes far He is holding away before the throw happens giving him the best DI possible, other times he probably held away a bit too late not making him go as far (using DI away as an example).

Pi

Smash Hero
Most likely when he goes far He is holding away before the throw happens giving him the best DI possible, other times he probably held away a bit too late not making him go as far (using DI away as an example).
So your best bet when getting chaingrabbed is to simply hold a direction?
Probably w/ c-stick I'm assuming, then rotate/mash to attempt an escape?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Uh it depends on the chaingrab. but yeah. for marths on fox you would hold up and a bit towards marth.

actually on cg (for fox anyway) its best not to really di at all and then shine out at ike 20 (50 for fox ditto iirc)

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
You need to DI kind of angular to them. So go behind their back, but don't DI straight LEFT or straight RIGHT.

Eventually they'll need to pivot grab to keep it going, also always move your control stick left and right rapidly, then try for a shine right before marth grabs again.

I also notice A LOT of people don't attempt to mash out of the grab which is probably the best thing to do against someone who fully understands how to CG a spacie.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Anyone who goes for a grab attack at under ~25% shouldn't be getting the throw on you. That's the reason Marths like to Uthrow immediately. L2Mash

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
in brawl, some matchups are won completely from pummel damage. it's like wobbling without the timing.
sigh.

but yeah, getting out of early grabs has too many benefits, like not being 0-deathed if you're a spacy. learn it, kids.

soap

Smash Hero
i do.

and his marth grabs and throws like frame perfect.

id rather prepare to di out of a combo and sacrifice the chip damage. unless u notice they do it too much

Top Bottom