• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E for All Firsthand Impressions DISCUSSION Thread

Revven

FrankerZ
From what I gather, in order for Fox to look any similar to Wolf is his fur color. So, likely, it's just his fur recolored to grey and maybe his suit to look like Wolf's from Command. Sounds intriguing! I wanna see pics of ALL the costumes though! :(

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
If items are off noone is gonna use zamus unless theres another way to turn into her. So if you actually do turn into her, you cant change back? If thats really how it is that sucks.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
no wavedashing and no wavelanding

sweet, for some reason it's good to here?

airdodging is like how we predicted, just go with momentum,

meh, kind of lame

Fox can SH triple laser.
Fox can jump out of shine, but it requires that you hold down and B, you can't let go or he'll go into a different animation, hold down and b and then jump.

yey, lasers and tough to use!

Bowser is hardcore.
Claw is ridiculous
Bowser will probably be top tier
Up+B out of shield is same, just as powerful.

HAHAHAHAHA HILARIOUS!

Samus has a dark suit red visor, Fusion suit, Sonic costumes are recolors of blue, Fox has a starwolf outfit. Diddy Kong has Dixie Kong outfit without the hair, Bowser has a golden costume, made out of gold.

nice

Mario's fsmash is so slow,

yeah, he kinda looks like **** :\

Samus can't missile cancel, animation doesn't stop, hard to do though.
Bomb jumping is tough, hitting bombs not directly on top of them knocks you to the side.
If you die as zero suit, you stay as zero suit, you can't automatically be zero suit like changing from Zelda to Sheik at the beginning of a round.

****!

Samus charged shot isn't strong, peach was shot with it fully charged at 87% didn't kill.

ew...

Can catch edge even if you're facing wrong way, edgehogging is easy. Edgehogging will be the new edgeguard of choice, characters ‘click’ to it.

ew...

Peach is nerfed.
Peach’s dsmash is nerfed, no range
Float canceling not sure
Peach seems heavier

no range? darn! at least she floats ;)

Sonic, not as good as you expect
moves don't have much knockback, kind of 'loose',
all the new chars, he's least popular, hardest learning curve

Fox can only jump out of shine if you hold Down B. And they knew EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY what to look for. I'm sure Sonic (along with every char) has these things to figure out.

Do an aerial that has forward momentum and when you land it’s almost the same as a waveland. Certain moves / aerials have less friction/traction,

I ****IN CALLED IT!

DI is more pronounced, you can get out of stuff a lot easier, takes knockback easier, can survive until 150.

this makes it harder to combo yikes! I guess that's advanced? And you have to be **** good to combo :p

L-canceling is not in as far as we can tell.

I don't know what the big deal is with this. Glad it's gone. It's not like it's something that gives you more options to battle cause it's always worth doing. Taking it out just takes out more button pressing. good for Saki!

How does the game feel: Feels slower, definitely, on classic, feels awkward, accidentally jump alot, can't SH on the wiimote, everyone is so floaty. Brawl plays really differently, it’s awkward for now because not used to it. Not a lot of lag for moves, maybe lag lowered for sake of demo.

weird. that just means we have a new game :chuckle: cheers to that!
If this is all true. I'm stoked all the same :)

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Eheh, combos will be weird now. Lower ground mobility, better air mobility, less knockback and more DI? Interesting.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
There BETTER BE MARTH IN THIS ******* GAME.

Peach nerfed? Fox nerfed? Who the hell am I gonna play as? Maybe I should go back to my pre-competitive roots and run...Link!

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully they balanced the other extremely broken stuff like Windmill of Fury. Probably waaaay to furious for brawl. Would probably make it rated T due to intense fury.

Chepe

Smash Lord
There BETTER BE MARTH IN THIS ******* GAME.

Peach nerfed? Fox nerfed? Who the hell am I gonna play as? Maybe I should go back to my pre-competitive roots and run...Link!
And you would think Marth is safe? There will be a top tier character for sure... Or can you really not imagine having to main Yoshi or Wario for the best chance of winning? :chuckle:

Adi

Smash Lord
For me, the removal of L-cancelling is more worrying because characters may lose their potential to string together great combos and to pressure shields. The Aerial Game and Ground Game seem to be taking heavy hits from the changes.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Maybe it's not L-cancelling, but "Z-cancelling." I think on the Wiimote, you use "-" to grab maybe? Someone should try cancelling aerial lag with the "grab" button whatever it may be.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
If Ike's counter is like Roy's, then I won't miss a thing.

I thought hitstun would return and be useful in negating DI, but apparently not.

****, Brawl's gonna take some getting used to...

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I think I could actually work with no L-Cancelling. It may take a little time getting used to not having to hit a button almost every time I land, but then again, that's exactly what I don't do in SSB64 (although there is Z-Cancelling in that game).

Bowser being potentially top-tiered sounds really awesome, 'cause Bowser is awesome! I don't like the sound of Samus's Charge Shot being nerfed though, as it's totally unnecessary (unless they made her stronger in other areas).

I'm also hoping Mario isn't too nerfed. It reminded me how Mario (from what I recall) is supposedly higher up on the tier list in Japan.

It's cool that they really did give alt. costumes to some characters. Gold Bowser sounds interesting...

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I think when people say L-Canceling is removed, they mean that ALL moves are L-canceled automatically, in a sense. They've highly decreased the lag at the end of everyone's moves by default, so there's "no need" for L-canceling in the traditional sense.

That's my interpretation anyway.

Top Bottom