• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E for All Firsthand Impressions DISCUSSION Thread

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
yes, and it was over rated in melee anyways.

edit: wow, i was responding to the guy who asked if Wavedashing was out. how posts fly...

TGM

Smash Lord
i personly know gea and have played him alot. he is a good guy. he will not lie to you. he lives in sugar land texas. i live in houston tx.

Cronius

Smash Apprentice
The people who think WDing is overrated are the people that haven't found good uses for it, or don't understand what it can be used for. Saying that, I'll be kinda bummed if they take it out, but with thousands of people posting on these boards, we'll have plenty of new AT's in a week.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
even if WD isnt in......it will force people to get good at 2 things most arnt good at using.

spacing and DD.
Hush, don't say that. People will start to complain about that sooner or later, because they suck at that too.

El Raspa

Smash Apprentice
Well the problem of no more wavedash is that some of us get used to it

Is easier make you the idea of never have something that you have never had that something that you already have

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lies, Gea lives in California now, near LA I believe. <_<

Perhaps he's psychic and knew about E for All months in advance.

TGM

Smash Lord
Lies, Gea lives in California now, near LA I believe. <_<

Perhaps he's psychic and knew about E for All months in advance.
oh he moved? no wonder i never see him anymore.

and for the record. WD is not NEEDED. ssb was the best example. u cats are afraid of change.

squaminator

Smash Ace
i use wavedashing a lot (can't dd with sheik, so i pulse walk). I waveland very frequently (my secondary is gannondorf). I think wavedashing is out and wavelanding will not add to mobility in SSBB. I don't care, though, because i also play ssb64 online alot and i know that there are a lot of other options to mindgames people. Wavedashing just makes the game a little more free.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
I think the new air dodge makes up for it. While we only go by momentum now, it seems you can do stuff out of it, which actually makes it a lot more useful (you can continuing recovering after air dodging? YEAH BABY!), and if you, say, do it right after jumping, you may be able to, ya know...

Dodge an attack and punish for it with an ariel.

If you thought I was going to say wavedash, you may now repeatedly hit yourself on the head with a hammer, and after that, stay after class and write on the black board a hundred times 'Why did I think wavedashing would be in when there's no chance and only wavelanding has a slight chance of being in because you should air dodge downwards when fastfalling/falling?'.

EDIT: and yeah, there may still be DD, and positively spacing. Yes people, you have to use your brain to space now, and can't just WD backwards all the time. Whatever shall we do? Also, if Dash Canceling is still in, that would be nice... I hope it's in.><;

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
You know what sucks? I am like 5 minutes away from where E for All is being held but I don't have any passes. I am also NOT willing to pay 40-70 for a 1 day pass or $125 for a 4 day pass. That's like 1 - 3 games worth of money.

squaminator

Smash Ace
you're completely right ekaru. He probably took wavedashing out because he wanted to see more aerial combat. Wavedashing promotes ground combat. Recovery after air-dodge is like an aerial block...

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
meh that just sucked all the enthusiasm for brawl right out of me

Brawl = Failure

imo
nah chris, dont worry about it. you cant think of brawl as melee. brawl is its own game and you have to see it that way. if you see brawl as its own game and dont compare then you wouldnt care if wavedashing wasnt there because its an original game. im telling you, brawl will be just fine...peace

-hiroshi

TGM

Smash Lord
u will be able to use the air dodge 1 to 2 time in the air. if not, the game is hghly broken. everybody will be able to get back on stage. kirby,meta,pit.....ect

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I, for one, love the momentum air-dodge idea. As much as I love wavedashing, I think the aerial battle potential for this game is immense, which is definitely something to look forward to!

TGM

Smash Lord
not really. the toad stool jump will cause the level of play to be mostly based on jumping. unless the water down the spike or meteor ability

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
oh he moved? no wonder i never see him anymore.

and for the record. WD is not NEEDED. ssb was the best example. u cats are afraid of change.
Who? There is alot more of you saying that in this thread. In fact, I think I hear this and nothing about fear of wavedashing being removed. It is not a good thing that it is but I don't need it. Link and CF do not use it for spacing, approaching, and the other uses are not that great.

Who is afraid seriously? No strawmens for hating on people who don't like how Brawl is turning out.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I've been told that I jump too much by those a lot better than me when I play Melee...so I don't have much of a problem with a jump-centric game. For those who still are holding onto hope though, I say wait for Gimpyfish to give the final verdict.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
You know what sucks? I am like 5 minutes away from where E for All is being held but I don't have any passes. I am also NOT willing to pay 40-70 for a 1 day pass or $125 for a 4 day pass. That's like 1 - 3 games worth of money.
It was $90 for a 4 day pass about a week ago. You should have ordered early, :/

Plus, $90 is for you playing games that other people have not and won't for a long time, for FOUR FULL DAYS. Highly worth it.

GenG

Smash Lord
People won't understand Brawl unless they start to think about Brawl mechanics, not Melee. Imagine for a moment that wavedashing isn't neccesary anymore.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I'd totally pay the price to get into this! Sure, it's in Montreal for only 15 bucks...but still! I'm that hardcore! :p

Can't wait for videos.

NES n00b

Smash Master
People won't understand Brawl unless they start to think about Brawl mechanics, not Melee. Imagine for a moment that wavedashing isn't neccesary anymore.
We don't understand much mechanics of this game. All we have to really based on is what they gave us, the demo, and past knoweledge of Melee. None of that helps understand why wavedashing should be removed any easier really. Wavedashing is not necessary anyways unless you want to play characters with low traction and slow movement.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
now that waveshining is impossible, fox (and falco if he's in) will have one less attack option

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
new from gea:
i'm plsying dsf now. meta is not broken. fox is way nerfed and so is peaches dsmash. di is weird but more effective and weight differences are more pronounced.

missle cancelling seems to be out and diddys dash attack is his kartwheel. ike is way way slow and link seems about the same. up b auto sweetspots.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Another quote from Gea:
"i'm plsying dsf now. meta is not broken. fox is way nerfed and so is peaches dsmash. di is weird but more effective and weight differences are more pronounced.

missle cancelling seems to be out and diddys dash attack is his kartwheel. ike is way way slow and link seems about the same. up b auto sweetspots."

Edit: Beaten by a minute, XFD

Zink

Smash Champion
I have a really cool idea, let's wait until we get actual impressions from EPF/Gimpy/Chill and the others before coming to any grand conclusions about the metagame.

reelbigfishstix9

Smash Apprentice
I've been told that I jump too much by those a lot better than me when I play Melee...so I don't have much of a problem with a jump-centric game. For those who still are holding onto hope though, I say wait for Gimpyfish to give the final verdict.
I am told that I jump to much also! lol. I like the idea of a more arial based fighting game, but both air and ground would be good also :)

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I have a really cool idea, let's wait until we get actual impressions from EPF/Gimpy/Chill and the others before coming to any grand conclusions about the metagame.
How would impressions from them be any better than impressions from another tournament player? They'll notice different things and have different feelings about it, of course, but we shouldn't come to any actual conclusions based on anyone's impressions.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Weight difference is good for balance and if DI is more effective it might be good if it doesn't become more powerful than the ways to kill a character (like if anyone with a good recovery can live forever due to not getting hit in the blast line). New depth to DI maybe because it is weird? Who knows. Auto stuff bleh, Peach's dsmash nerfed is good but what about peach herself? She requires only a small nerf IMO. Fox. . . how nerfed is he? I mean, does his upsmash not kill , what?

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I am told that I jump to much also! lol. I like the idea of a more arial based fighting game, but both air and ground would be good also :)
Ha. That hit home. lol. The only person I really play against is a very aerial -based Falcon... doesn't help that he sucks, so it's bad practice. All I have to do to beat him is a u-air counter. :laugh:

But, anyway, can't wait for the new footage!

Zink

Smash Champion
How would impressions from them be any better than impressions from another tournament player? They'll notice different things and have different feelings about it, of course, but we shouldn't come to any actual conclusions based on anyone's impressions.
it isn't that these people are more credible, it's that I want to see more than 1 tourney level player giving impressions for better verification. Maybe somebady will see something the others won't. And anyway, several people are going to be dedicated to one character as opposed to general gameplay.
Speaking of which, when can we expect more people to report in? Is there a closing time? Did ANYONE think of bringing a laptop and liveposting?

TGM

Smash Lord
Gea is not pro. you are only pro if you reach top 20 in a MLG tourney......dont argue it, look it up.

Gea however is able to do all things a normal player can. so when he says something, its the truth. im sad about my lady samus not being able to missle cancel.

HugS went, he will report in soon.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
I was referring to the fact that he lied about not going, and nothing more. It was a joke... :ohwell:
yeah i know, i quoted your post by accident, sorry U^_^

On-topic: glad by the nerf of peach d-smash, these pros in sakurai team did a good job balancing.

Fox has been nerfed. Lets hope not to obglivion like it ocurred in melee.

Mecha Soul

Smash Apprentice
new from gea:
i'm plsying dsf now. meta is not broken. fox is way nerfed and so is peaches dsmash. di is weird but more effective and weight differences are more pronounced.

missle cancelling seems to be out and diddys dash attack is his kartwheel. ike is way way slow and link seems about the same. up b auto sweetspots.
Well that sucks, no more missile cancel :\

Hopefully the metagame is air-based enough to keep Samus from being too low teir with her slow roll and lack of wavedash...

Revven

FrankerZ
****, missle canceling out!? Ugh! That's what made my Samus good! Now I have to rethink my strategy for air combat as well as ground combat... at least I can still use the missles on the ground however, not as effectively anymore.

Good to hear Meta isn't as broken as we originally thought. Though, he still will be a good character plus, anything can change from this demo. Be it the physics or the characters' weight themselves. Overall, I await more detailed impressions.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
new from gea:

GOOD I was hoping for that one =D

Edit: Also Peaches Dsmash is nerfed! Crouch Cancelers rejoice! XD

Top Bottom