• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E for All Firsthand Impressions DISCUSSION Thread

sdhonda

Smash Cadet
It will likely be a bit before anything starts coming through. They probably wont be broadcasting. Afterall, this isnt e3...

Sir James

The Doctor
I wish noobs would stop posting in the official E4All Impressions thread (not this discussion thread). I subscribed to the thread and my email keeps filling up and I keep thinking it's a new gameplay impression -_-

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Hmm, look at all those people who posted in the thread they were not supposed to post in. They should really read the rules. :0

Anyways, it's kinda annoying that I'm going to have to wait so long (and must sign off for now) to get the new info, but at least it will be here soon. <3

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
20:38 here in GMT + 0 (seville/spain)

It should have commenced for vips... only 2 hours more for the public YAY!

sdhonda

Smash Cadet
Its raining today, and although Im gonna have to go to the corner store for food, Im not going out today. Ill be here all day waiting for info. Which is kinda sad.

*plays starcraft while waiting*

Prince Karo

Smash Apprentice
I wish noobs would stop posting in the official E4All Impressions thread (not this discussion thread). I subscribed to the thread and my email keeps filling up and I keep thinking it's a new gameplay impression -_-
Well, what did you expect, that people would actually read the first post before replying? :|

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Gea just posted some impressions on GameFAQs from his cell phone, here:
"the game is much slower. wavedashing is gone and fox is nerfed also shorthopping seems hard or impossible on the wiimote. smash attacks are much slower"

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
I think it's normal for pro people to see the game much slower without the wavedash... so i think is more like smash 64 velocity u'now

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I doubt it's slower because the airdodge was changed to make wavedashing impossible, it's most likely slower because of falling/jumping speeds, attack startup/lag, "sticky" combat like SSB64, and running speeds.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
"the game is much slower. wavedashing is gone and fox is nerfed also shorthopping seems hard or impossible on the wiimote. smash attacks are much slower"
Tell him to play with the effing Gamecube controller if he can. XD

How come he gets to play earlier than everyone else? And crap, more bad stuff. Well, smash attacks being slower is not that bad but some of the other things. Fox being nerfed might be good but I assume the nerf will be too hard. . . . .

Edit: ihavespaceballs wins. . . . .

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Tell him to play with the effing Gamecube controller if he can. XD

How come he gets to play earlier than everyone else? And crap, more bad stuff. Well, smash attacks being slower is not that bad but some of the other things. Fox being nerfed might be good but I assume the nerf will be too hard. . . . .

Edit: ihavespaceballs wins. . . . .
If you registered before I think Oct 1st you got to go in at 11, everyone else has to wait until 1 or 2. And it's being played on the Wii developer's kit, so I'm not sure if Gamecube controllers even work. I've asked him in the GF topic if anyone good has used a classic controller yet, though.

El Raspa

Smash Apprentice
I have been looking for the way to subscribe to that thread and I cant find the way could someone help me please?

EDIT: I already find the way

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Surely when Melee first came out people weren't playing at the same speed they are now, were they?

:/ Regardless testing stuff with the Wii-mote would be very diffcult.

-Knight

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
yeah, why do those morns keep posting there...it explicitly said NOT to post unless it's a firsthand impression from E4All

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Gea's topic

He told me he wasn't going to this, THE LIAR. :urg:

A joke for those who don't understand...

Andromeda

Smash Lord
yeah, why do those morns keep posting there...it explicitly said NOT to post unless it's a firsthand impression from E4All
I was quite eager to quote one of my fellow swedes just to tell him NOT to post in that thread, he makes us swedes look stupid. But I held myself back.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I was referring to the fact that he lied about not going, and nothing more. It was a joke... :ohwell:

Zoro

Smash Champion
meh that just sucked all the enthusiasm for brawl right out of me

Brawl = Failure

imo

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
well I think he's talking about the decreased pace of the game overall. But he's still overreacting. The game will be awesome, it will just take some adjustment. We've played Melee for so long, it's ingrained, it's a part of us. It's very difficult to let go of something like that. With a new game comes the need for new gameplay, that's the only way improvements and advancements can be made

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Yeah, taking out one advanced technique will ruin the game.

</sarcasm>
Not to you, but to us it will. Wrong thread but acting like you and other casuals are the only ones interested in or care about this game is selfish. As long as you they cater you, it is ok. :urg:

I would not react the same way if they said they removed items, enviornmental hazards, Single player stuff, or special modes (and hopefully others wouldn't either).

Darn us spamming this thread. >_<

I_R_Hungry

Smash Journeyman
I find myself wondering why anybody is whining about decreased gameplay speed when SSB64 is a very competitively viable game. Even if this game ends up as a souped up version of 64 instead of a souped up version of Melee like everyone wants it to be (for some reason), it will be an amazing game.

stop whining people.

squaminator

Smash Ace
maybe wavelanding is in, but wavedashing is out...
besides, wavedashing really isn't the entire game. we can be plenty fast without it.
and one person said it. big whoop.
its a different game, get over it. SSB64 is still plenty fun and deep, and it doesn't even have spot or air dodging.

TGM

Smash Lord
even if WD isnt in......it will force people to get good at 2 things most arnt good at using.

spacing and DD.

Top Bottom