• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E for All Firsthand Impressions DISCUSSION Thread

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Nothing is wrong withm playing without items, hey it's your call. What I disagree with is competitive Melee. People use only a select potion of the roster and fight using quick combos opposed to formulating an ACTUAL strategy. I want Brawl to eliminate wavedashing. Apparently there's this new technique where you slide on your ***, which is in the games code (an intentional tech). I hope that Brawl will make Smash what it was meant to be, a strategy fighter.

Juker

Smash Apprentice
Nothing is wrong withm playing without items, hey it's your call. What I disagree with is competitive Melee. People use only a select potion of the roster and fight using quick combos opposed to formulating an ACTUAL strategy. I want Brawl to eliminate wavedashing. Apparently there's this new technique where you slide on your ***, which is in the games code (an intentional tech). I hope that Brawl will make Smash what it was meant to be, a strategy fighter.
So you're saying that using advanced techniques takes out the strategy in the game? I don't see how not using them would add more strategy; it would add less because of fewer options. But that must be why people use dash dancing and mind games, because those definitely aren't strategy. ;)

47drift

Smash Journeyman
One thing that I must know for anyone who played as/against Fox...

When he dies... Does he still go "GWOCK!!"

I swear, it wouldn't be Smash Bros. without that :D

Top Bottom