• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E for All Firsthand Impressions DISCUSSION Thread

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
For me, the removal of L-cancelling is more worrying because characters may lose their potential to string together great combos and to pressure shields. The Aerial Game and Ground Game seem to be taking heavy hits from the changes.
but isn't this only an issue if the lag remains the same for landing aerials? other reports suggest that lag has been reduced across the board, sorta negating the need for L-canceling, right?

unless i'm misunderstanding something.

*edit* infil beat me to it.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I think when people say L-Canceling is removed, they mean that ALL moves are L-canceled automatically, in a sense. They've highly decreased the lag at the end of everyone's moves by default, so there's "no need" for L-canceling in the traditional sense.

That's my interpretation anyway.
Well that would be convinient! Hopefully it's true!

King Axel

Smash Apprentice
If someone could tell me straight up -- so I've heard the game is slower, a lot of things have been nerfed. Is it worse than Melee?

Chepe

Smash Lord
How do we know whether or not Brawl is worse than Melee in the competitive sense? We havent fully played it yet, discovered all its secrets, etc.

People want to jump to conclusions WAYYYY too fast.

Keku

Smash Apprentice
Well yeah, but even if the lag is smaller, I'd still be happy if there was a way for dedicated players to reduce it even more, thus making more combos available.. Now everyone is on the same line in that respect.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
well that's the worst news i've heard so far- wolf is a costume, which would mean he's not his own character. dear god why? :(

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
remember, i dont remember who exactly, said that you alot of customizable option when setting up matches, i pretty sure there an option that would allow to adjust game speed

sdhonda

Smash Cadet
Being better or worse than melee is rather subjective and ultimaly comes down to opinion.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Mario's had that Wario costume since the N64 game I believe...

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
it's almost as if they've made a new game!? </sarcasm>

my impression of these impressions leads me to the hypothesis that brawling will not be about quick pwning, but epic battles. There's the nerfing of broken characters, the nerfing of KO moves i.e.Samus Charge, the opportunity for a new aerial metagame, as well as a different edgeguard game. This game will kick ***, and absolutely be able to co-exist with melee. Along with these new gameplay ideas, there are characters who may not make the transition to Brawl. All the more reason to seriously enjoy and appreciate two kinds of kick *** smashing action. I'm so pumped for Brawl, and psyched that, at the same time, I don't think it will replace Melee.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
all the alt costumes sound cool. especially for samus. fusion suit and dark samus? hot dog!

hehe. bowser being top-tier. I wonder if he was actually buffed up, or thats just gimpy being gimpy.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Wait... i think i saw what i did actually saw.

YOSHIS EGG MOVE STOP YOSHIS IN THE AIR; AND EVEN MAKE IT GO A LITTLE UP.

THIS IS FANTASTIC!

so you can now spam eggs from the ledge lol

Got it from the new video of E4all

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
Eww, I'm not liking the sound of this at all. I guess the mario fireball costume and the metaknight red eyed costume isn't too bad though.

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
I'm a fan of the dark Metaknight costume because it came from Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, if I'm not mistaken. There was a "Dark Metaknight" or something in that game IIRC. Plus he just looks badass.

Cyntalan Maelstrom

Smash Ace
NNID
Cyntalan
3DS FC
4227-1428-3954
I remembered a question I had not regarding gameplay that I was curious about. The music. Is it fully orchestrated, or is it as low-quality as the demo audio clips that are on the Dojo?

Rash

Smash Ace
Of course MetaKnight would get great treatment with the costumes. He, like Kirby, is Sakurai's character. When people said that MK was god-tier (which has now been disproven) I really wasn't surprised.

Now if only Kirby could get the respect he deserves from his own ****ing creator.

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
Has there been any picture of the alt. costumes of Fox (Wolf) or Samus (Dark Samus/Fushion/Phazon/whatever)?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
To the guy who said that an alt costume for Diddy was Dixie's clothing, we're you for real? O_o

Top Bottom