• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E for All Firsthand Impressions DISCUSSION Thread

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace

you keep missing the same thing. You're in the air VISUALLY. This has absolutely nothing to do with the game logic. The game logic, however, sees what's happening after what is happening visually. The graphics are the very last thing to be processed in the engine, and thusly, it'll be the last thing that shows everything I'm talking about. In the game logic, iot already sees isLanding and is preparing the graphics logic to show this visually. It hasn't happened yet.
no. look, you can go in debug mode and perform this literally frame-by-frame at your own speed (so all the talk of framerate and smoothness is crap): jump. go through the frames as slowly as you want. when you are six frames from landing, hit l. what will you do? an airdodge, because according to the game you are IN THE AIR. now if you do the same thing but do an aerial instead of nothing, and press l six frames from landing again, and then go through each individual frame of landing, every other frame will be taken away. not every frame of the actual game (the framerate) just that one animation's frames. you can do this at one frame per hour and it's still the same.

also, if you were to try an l cancel 6 frames from hitting the ground but the platform below you was descending and it took more time than 6 frames, the l cancel wouldn't come out. this is because the game checks if l was pressed 6 frames BEFORE landing on the ground, and it checks when the character lands.

it has nothing to do with shielding. you can go in frame-by-frame and input the command "l" at exactly six frames before hitting the ground, and then at your own time let the game go on to the next frame where you have already released l. then let the next few frames go on without ANY commands being inputted. there is no shield buffing.

ALSO, you STILL didn't address that if shield buffering was the reason for the lost animation frames, then it should do it for anything else, such as an attack, a spot dodge, a crouch, or a jump.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
gimpy and inks found a new move they call it ink droping check his thread its neet
You mean the game isn't even out yet and ALREADY we're finding a possible new advance tech.? O_o

Legitimate question, if anyone can answer it...

Has short hopping been changed any?

(i.e. is it easier/harder to do, are there multiple levels of shorthopping, anything)
Doubt they would remove shortshopping. It's been in a lot of games that even have a jump button. So why remove it in this game?

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Speaking of short hopping (sort of), I really hope there is a way to turn off jumping with up on the stick. It's ridiculous how many times I STILL jump when I try to do Link's up-B on the ground.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Speaking of short hopping (sort of), I really hope there is a way to turn off jumping with up on the stick. It's ridiculous how many times I STILL jump when I try to do Link's up-B on the ground.
Oh god yes PLEASE, the guy at the summit says you can customize anyting, please let us do this.

I mainly play Y.Link tho, but I face the same problem as you sometimes, I wanna do his sword spin to trap someone and wooosh there I go in the air, ready to get ***** because i'm open to attacks..

Wait, i just realized, I mainly play CLONES >.<

Sucks to be me I guess.

MAIN: Falco (As you would have guessed)
SEC.Main: Doc.
Third Main: Roy
4th: Y.Link
5th: Samus, she's the only exception, and guess what....she's nerfed:urg:

I took up Samus more and more nowadays after I heared clones were out.

MAN, why Nerf her :urg:

Gah

Oh well, Sonic and Diddy, here I come.

Oh and Pokemon Trainer, somehow I have the strange feeling that he is gonna be one hellova interesting and cool character to train yourself in.

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
Too much work has gone into the Zero Suit Samus character for her to only be playable under a specific circumstance.
I agree, and it kind of worries me that even if you dont want to switch to Zamus you have to to prevent getting ***** by others in 1v1s

Also are the super smash balls actually going to be numerous enough that you can switch between Samus and Zamus multiple times per match? Seems like it takes some of the awe away from them if they are so common.

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
I don't want to get involved in any sort of debate, but when was L-Canceling discovered in Melee? And when was Z-Canceling discovered in the original 64 game?
I can't be TOO sure, but Z-cancelling was only discovered maybe a short while before the the release of melee. Maybe a year or so. So L-cancels were probably found almost immediately in melee. I really hope L-cancels return in some form in brawl. :ohwell:

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
God****it.

It seems now that since WD is "gone", people around the world love to spam up the forums with wavedashing topics.

I hope that moderators will take measures. I don't want to go to the general board, only to see a list of "BAW WAVEDASHING GONE" or "**** YEAH WAVEDASHING GONE". Go suck balls and choke on them.

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
God****it.

It seems now that since WD is "gone", people around the world love to spam up the forums with wavedashing topics.

I hope that moderators will take measures. I don't want to go to the general board, only to see a list of "BAW WAVEDASHING GONE" or "**** YEAH WAVEDASHING GONE". Go suck balls and choke on them.
Lol really man, they need to suck it up and accept its gone. ITS NOT MELEE lol. :laugh: You'll find new ways to punish noobs and scrubs guys. XD

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Lol really man, they need to suck it up and accept its gone. ITS NOT MELEE lol. :laugh: You'll find new ways to punish noobs and scrubs guys. XD
Yes, but these fricken n00bs are just ****ing the forums up with their "OMGLOLZ NO WAVEDASH LOLZ IMA GET BANNED NOW" topics. Seriously, die please.

And, like I once said:

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
Because if I'm doing something with the control stick, I'd be doing a tilt when I don't even mean to. How is adding tilt capability really making things better? When you crouch cancel, you're holding down, and you're trying to do a downsmash, but instead you just do a dtilt.
You could always do the crazy thing...assume it's a different game and practice doing something like letting go of down before you try to downsmash. Then again, I know how much people in here love crouching on both sticks.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
So, has anyone denied that you can grab an edge when your not facing it? I thought it was confirmed and then I saw a video to the contrary.

squiser

Smash Apprentice
So, has anyone denied that you can grab an edge when your not facing it? I thought it was confirmed and then I saw a video to the contrary.
There's a vid with Peach out there that clearly shows her floating backwards into the edge and not grabbing it. So if it is possible, it's character specific (which seems stupid) or can't be done during an up+b.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
There's a vid with Peach out there that clearly shows her floating backwards into the edge and not grabbing it. So if it is possible, it's character specific (which seems stupid) or can't be done during an up+b.
Exactly why I asked. I saw that video too, however, I read statements to the contrary.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Yoshi has been seen to grab the platform backwards even while freefalling. To me it didnt look like peach went up high enough to grasp the ledge, or perhaps she couldnt because her hands were occupied.

ecrone

Smash Rookie
So how does C-Stick charging work?

And is Pit any good? I was excited for him, but everyone says he's weak....any positives?

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice

And is Pit any good? I was excited for him, but everyone says he's weak....any positives?
I don't know who says he's weak, but all the guys in Gimpy's podcast said he was one that was potentially top tier.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised we haven't had many updates today.

Granted, it opened at 12 (or 11 for VIP), I would have expected more impressions. It does close at 8, so I guess more media and impressions are to come.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
And here you are posting what is at least the 7000th post saying "Guys Brawl is a new game it's not Melee quit crying"

Holy ****, a new game?

IT'S NOT MELEE? Get out of here!

No, seriously--get out of here.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

I also saw a video of what I believe was Gimpy, or if not another Bowser falling to his doom and not grabbing the ledge.

D

Deleted member

At least Yoshis like me will ahve more experience with it, seeing as Yoshi already has the ability to instant edgehog. THough i liked it better when only yosh could do it, but oh well. Btw, Yoshi for top tier :p

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

Well, from what I've heard, from Gimpy (in his podcast, and his multiple posts), he is VERY good.

I believe the list went

Metaknight
Pit
Mario
Link
etc.?

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
hmm... I wonder if the changes made to Fox are leading to a luigified Falco type ordeal, now that Wofl is "sort of" not in the game. Still a chance, but a smaller one than decloning Falco.

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
And here you are posting what is at least the 7000th post saying "Guys Brawl is a new game it's not Melee quit crying"

Holy ****, a new game?

Excuse me for not following every page. =|

Thino

Smash Master

Holy ****, a new game?

I would repeat that another 700 times till people understand it

Top Bottom