• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E for All Firsthand Impressions DISCUSSION Thread

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
Well, on the plus side, being a DAir means it cancels directly to the double-punch part of it as soon as you hit the ground instead of doing the entire animation, which is nice.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I've been looking thru the topic but haven't found an answer so i'l just ask it. Has anyone seen ZSS's final smash? And if so, wat is it?
Its supposedly a damagin aura, which pretty much just deals high damage to anyone close to you, it also gives you back your suit. (From what I've read in other threads)

I've heard FLUDD hasent been tested enough yet, but until now, its hard to use, no damage, and measly knockback, thats what I've heard, or rather read.

mariox2098

Smash Rookie
Its supposedly a damagin aura, which pretty much just deals high damage to anyone close to you, it also gives you back your suit. (From what I've read in other threads)

I've heard FLUDD hasent been tested enough yet, but until now, its hard to use, no damage, and measly knockback, thats what I've heard, or rather read.
Damaging aura ey...thats no fun. It shouldve had Samus call her ship and jump in to do some damage like the Landmaster then exit the ship with her armor regenerated. Oh well, its still good.

I hope the FLUDD is somewhat useful cuz i actually use mario lol

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
I've seen a lot of people making early tier lists and things of that nature. I think it's FAR too early to be doing that. These people playing Brawl have only had 1 or 2 days with these characters in constant battles, with no opportunity to stop and just try to learn the applications of each characters moves. Not to mention that it's a whole new game, with a new feel. Melee's tier list was ever changing, and it wasn't until 1 or 2 years ago that it was locked down.

If you're worried about a character that you were interested in playing because of bad reviews now, I think it's too early for that. We will all need a ton of play time before we really know which characters suck and which ones don't.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Vortok, I love you for the additional Ike info, and not just Ike, but everything you typed up, really. I am super grateful to all of the people who are keeping us updated.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I won the first Brawl tournament with Peach. Well I sorta won, but still, Peach is obviously top tier.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Somehow, I think people are missing the point with DK Final Smash. I will bet its strength and range will increase with the correct button input that Sakurai told us about... That one might definitely need some skill...

Spumpk1

Smash Rookie
Do you know how much fun it is to watch 2 players standing, playing the game?

Not much fun at all.

Shoot the cameraman, and get a new one who will actually record the gameplay.

squiser

Smash Apprentice
The rules said no taping of gameplay, so that's pretty much the best we can get. Be thankful -_-

Tavo_7

BRoomer
BRoomer
From playing today (2nd day there), we already knew that DI is still in, BUT it seems that DI is kind of already built in without actually doing DI. Combos are harder to do, anytime you connect with a move that has knockback, opponents naturaly fly up and away ><

For example, Fox forward smashed me, I DI'ed and KO'ed off the ceiling >< If I had done nothing in brawl (not DI'ed), the effect would of been similar to actually using DI in Melee.

My impression anyways, not sure how others felt.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
At least Yoshis like me will ahve more experience with it, seeing as Yoshi already has the ability to instant edgehog. THough i liked it better when only yosh could do it, but oh well. Btw, Yoshi for top tier :p
Heck yes. I wish someone would go into detail on how yoshi's up b work. Either way. im still happy.

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
I think it's strange how the differences of opinion are filtering through, some saying Fox has been savaged by the nerf bat, some saying he is ok. Also opinion on new characters like Pit seem up in the air.

My point: No-one really has a full grasp of who can do what (i.e. no "x" is "y" tier comments!). Just wait, and revel in the thrill of discovery. Werd.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I personally love it, but I wasn't an advance tech user so.....nothing is really gone. Pretty much the only people that will have to think "do I like this or melee better" are advanced tech users. If your just a casual player like me then there is nothing to be disappointed about. Sure peach and fox feel a little nerfed, but not enough to cry about it. I've played every character their all pretty fun.

T0MMY

Smash Master
t!mmy & t0mmy- You guys are awsome, period. I had fun hanging with you guys. I'm still sad that I lost my first MetaKnight ditto with you t!mmy, i'll get you back. t0mmy, you're just **** with Pikachu, but everyone was stealing your style up their with the green bandana Pikachu. n00bs.:p
It was a lot of fun pushing everyone down and knocking over security guards to get to be the first to play, only to realize they had several setups with 4-player free for all matches, so we all got to play. Haha.
Pikachu > Pichu, that's how I destroyed so many people.
See you again tomorrow :^D

Igneous42

Smash Ace
It was a lot of fun pushing everyone down and knocking over security guards to get to be the first to play, only to realize they had several setups with 4-player free for all matches, so we all got to play. Haha.
Pikachu > Pichu, that's how I destroyed so many people.
See you again tomorrow :^D
I need to figure out who's who between y'alls, i'm no tourney player but i've seen most of you there and played a number of you

T0MMY

Smash Master
I have longer hair, wear mostly black playing green backpack Pichu (Pikachu with the green bandana in Brawl)
t1mmy is the goofy one who plays Kirby (Metaknight in Brawl)

Black/Light

Smash Master
Does anyone know hiw exactly Fox's "wolf out-fit" looks? Like, does his fur just turn gray or does his out-fit change as well?

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
Hugs said:
Some guy actually yelled out "Where's your wavedash now" as he was winning a match on a tv. What a douchebag. We'll find a replacement for wavedashing, and I'll find him online to welcome him to competitive Brawl.
Wow. If I was anywhere within earshot of that comment, I'd have palmed the back of the kid's head and rammed his face into the monitor...

Or, just smacked the controller out of his hand and ice grilled him.

I hope patching isn't possible on the Wii (to an extent); once the game releases into the community's hands, it should be ours for keeps. In due time, every scrub will play his position.

-SynikaL

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Zamus could be a selectable character like Sheik was "going to be" a while ago before Melee was released. Since Samus doesn't become Zamus with a Special attack, rather a Final Smash, it's highly unlikely you'll simply be able to tranform into the other at the start of the match.
Also, does anyone know if Zamus can turn BACK into samus? maybe through her final smash?

Top Bottom