• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E for All Firsthand Impressions DISCUSSION Thread

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sir James: it's too early to tell. It's still fast paced. Most of the control problems are due to the poor Classic Controller; it's EXTREMELY SENSITIVE and we find ourselves jumping when we don't want to, doing the wrong moves, etc. So fights are a little sloppy and choppy because of that.

SonicZeroX: impossible to tell. Metaknight is pretty good but, like I said, most of the kills I saw were with items. So it's hard to tell how that would translate to an itemless environment.

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
lol everyone always forgets a letter of my username somewhere.

xeonex: didn't try ledge techs. For missile cancelling, she doesn't seem to recover right away when landing during missile animation. It's more like Mario/Doc in Melee, where they continue the pill/fireball animation, whereas Samus in melee stops it almost immediately.

Nintendude: several tried but could not get it to work.
Thanks. Then its like her charge shot. That sucks. Hopefully they're less laggy then.
And ledge teching has a chance, but it was kinda a glitch since you tech for no knockback, and they removed less glitchy thing, but there's hope.

And Samus' up-B is so slow now. :(
But it should still be usable out of shield.

Anything on shine spike?

@ Neal:

Pit is actually a very solid character. I beat everyone with him during the 1v1 matches, and not just the n00bs.

Some of Pit's best kill moves would have to be his Fair and D-smash. His Dair can also cause some heavy damage as well.

BTW, I actually love Brawl Fox. His Fair is actually good, still has Nair>Shine (even though the lag can prove to be significant). I discovered the aerial Multi-Shine stall, lol.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, something else for Pikachu: his thunder has a higher ceiling. It's not the whole screen like 64, but there's no cloud on screen like Melee -- it always comes from up higher. Pikachu is great on Pokemon Stadium because his thunder kills very quickly on the Air transformation.

Sir James

The Doctor
Sir James: it's too early to tell. It's still fast paced. Most of the control problems are due to the poor Classic Controller; it's EXTREMELY SENSITIVE and we find ourselves jumping when we don't want to, doing the wrong moves, etc. So fights are a little sloppy and choppy because of that.
Thanks for the info. It seems like the game will be just fine. Can't wait to play this game myself!

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for all the impressions from E for All attendees!
Look, most of us mourn the loss of L-canceling and WDing, etc but this isn't the reason we should burn Brawl at the stake before we even have a chance to see the complete product!

It seems to me half of you guys are going to hate the game no matter how good it is because of your current mindset.
Approach Brawl like you did Melee, with an open mind that is, and it won't be half as bad as you currently think it is. (I hope)

shanus

Smash Hero
itd be worth checking ledge teching and wall-jumps as well tomorrow... I'd also be very surprised if something like L-cancelling could be crippled in a demo, as well wondering why they would do it as well. DOesn't seem to have much reason behind doing it. How are the strength of throws, are they resembling of SSBM or SSB64?

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Shanus: you can wall jump. Dunno about throws, because the Z button on the classic controller is awkward. But they seem more in line with Melee than 64 -- i.e. the only time I saw someone die from a throw was in sudden death.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Nealdt
so do characters waveland or slide after a momentum airdodge? or is it just after some attacks? no one has been really clear on this

from your first impession do u think brawl will be as competitve and deep as melee

MetalMetaKnight

Smash Journeyman
Shanus: you can wall jump. Dunno about throws, because the Z button on the classic controller is awkward. But they seem more in line with Melee than 64 -- i.e. the only time I saw someone die from a throw was in sudden death.
Everyone died if you got grabed and thrown in sudden deaths in melee right? It kinda wouldnt surprise me

shanus

Smash Hero
did anyone try to moonwalk with any characters, i imagine it would be impossible with the wiimote, but maybe possible with the classic?

or did none of the characters have a good DD w/ some slide?

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
All the costumes that I know of. I will update if you guys tell or show me ones I dont know. Regular costumes are not listed.

A question mark of course will mean incomplete or unknown if its complete.
--------------------

Mario - Fire Mario, Blue, brown/white, Wario, Green

Pikachu - Trainer Hat, Green Bandana, ?, Goggles

Ike - Marth Colors

Donkey Kong - Sasquatch, Red, Green, Blue, ?

Sonic - Shades of blue, (rumored black shade)

Yoshi - Blue, Red, Yellow, Turquoise, Pink

Peach - All Red dress, Daisy, ?, ?

Samus - Phazon Suit, Fusion Suit, Off-gold, ?

Link - Dark, Red, Blue, Purple, Green, Gold

Fox - Wolf-a-like, green, ?, ?

Metaknight - Dark, green, red, yellow, (pink rumored)

Diddy - Purple, Dixie (no hair), ?, ?

Pit (rumored colors) - Red w/ white wings, black w/ black wings, blue w/ blue wings, green, ?

Bowser (shell)- Gold, black, brownish

---------------
This is what I gathered from posts or videos. Anyone see an error or have info to fill in the blanks do so.

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
I just remember a video of Samus with her roll looking even slower than usually so that makes me miss wavedashing more.

cry.

MetalMetaKnight

Smash Journeyman
All the costumes that I know of. I will update if you guys tell or show me ones I dont know. Regular costumes are not listed.

--------------------

Ike - Marth Colors

Fox - Wolf-a-like, ?, ?, ?

Pit (rumored colors) - Red w/ white wings, black w/ black wings, blue w/ blue wings, ?

---------------
This is what I gathered from posts or videos. Anyone see an error or have info to fill in the blanks do so.
DARK META FTW!!!!

~~~WOOT IM A SMASH JOURNEYMAN!!!~~~

Tavo_7

BRoomer
BRoomer

--------------------

Ike - Marth Colors

Fox - Wolf-a-like, ?, ?, ?

Pit (rumored colors) - Red w/ white wings, black w/ black wings, blue w/ blue wings, ?

---------------

Fox still has green outfit, Pit also has a green outfit. All I can remember besides whats mentioned.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I'd like to give a hearty thanks to all the people who attended E For All and gathered this information for us. This was a very important day in Smash history and you guys have done a great service to the community by providing us with all this news.

One thing though, before I end this post:

To all of you "competitive players" and "casual players" who are whining and arguing over silly things like wavedashing, l-cancelling, Mario's Hat, or Meta Knight's Sword, or whatever it is that's got you all acting like a bunch of six-year-olds:

CUT IT OUT!
There's like, fifty other threads where you can go and do spew all of that tired crap. This is for discussion about the incredible findings of the people who were able to attend this weekend's event and I don't think that its fair for someone who was trying to get info to have to wade through all of this flaming and idoicy in order to locate it. Please leave this thread(and preferably the Smash community) until you gain a bit more maturity.

Thank you.

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
well said po pimpus. i would also like to send my thanks out to everyone who has attended and posted up about the game. thank you.

Top Bottom