• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Yes, I would totally agree that Ike is top tier. Don't laugh Criminal, you know it's true, because fsmash is too good.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
I would think the only thing limiting Sonic in terms of tier is player capability. His speed and unpredictability are massive in capable hands.

Ness may seem buffed from last game, but that's simply because everything is just more equal, maybe it wasn't so much a buffing as everyone else got nerfed and his PKT seems to be tightened, and he seems more powerful in comparison.

Fleeting thoughts aside, the general standing on Bowser saddens me, but most of these seem fairly accurate, save Sheik. She's not that ruined, is she?

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Ness may seem buffed from last game, but [...] maybe it wasn't so much a buffing as everyone else got nerfed [...] he seems more powerful in comparison.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?!? of COURSE he was buffed!!! He got the baseball shirt and the Mr. Saturn PIMP costume!

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I don't know what the heck the deal is with Sheik. She is freaking outstanding, and everyone is pretty much freaking out because she isn't god like she was in melee. I also think Ness is waaay buffed from melee as well. IMO altogether I think the tiers are a lot closer now than they were in melee. I know plenty of people are going to disagree with me, but honestly, I would only say 6 or 7 characters are NOT tourny viable in brawl. Flame away.

M.K

Level 55
I don't know what the heck the deal is with Sheik. She is freaking outstanding, and everyone is pretty much freaking out because she isn't god like she was in melee. I also think Ness is waaay buffed from melee as well. IMO altogether I think the tiers are a lot closer now than they were in melee. I know plenty of people are going to disagree with me, but honestly, I would only say 6 or 7 characters are NOT tourny viable in brawl. Flame away.
Agreed, Sheik is freaky fast and unpredictable. Her moves are alot more...."ninja-y" than last game.
Ness....I think Lucas is better.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
About Shiek, IMO she is Upper Middle to Low. So I'd put her in lower Lower Middle Tier or upper Low Tier. I agree that she doesn't suck a lot though, she's still good. (Note I'm only talking about Shiek, as in she stays Shiek and doesnt use Zelda at all)

Hell basicially anyone outside of High Tier will have a hell of a time winning any tournaments with MK and Snake lurking. Mid Tiers I'm starting to get the vibe where they do well only against themselves.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
If only Capt. Falcon could FALCON PAWNCH vertically :p

Or if it were a projectile
I know!... Why didn't they take advantage of that gun of his!? They bothered to make a model for his costume... what a waste to not USE it! And an upward punch would a great counter to meteor smashes and approach arials...

*sigh* There's nowhere for him to go in SSB4 but up at this point.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
I think so 2. Though ness is alot cooler :d
I don't know, this may be biased a bit because I have put a lot of time into Ness but I can't really get myself to like how Lucas plays...I'm aware that the majority of the community believes Lucas is better but for some reason I just can't get myself to like him.

Anyways, personal prefrences aside, even if Lucas is better this in no way means that Ness is bad. He is very good.

IMO altogether I think the tiers are a lot closer now than they were in melee.
Agreed.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Hmmm.... I wonder who's the worst type of person on this board. Us Yoshi's defending our character, People who come in here who rant about how Yoshi is garbage but have no Idea what they're talking about, the people who make the same basic Tier List over and over again with minor changes, the people who have no idea how to make a Tier List, the grammar nazi's, The people who come in here and talk about WoW and make this topic even more off-topic, off-topic people in general, or this guy above who think that we're crazy enough to want Yoshi in the ranks of Snake and MetaKnight, when in reality we just want him in Upper Low Tier/Bottom Mid Tier?
Consider yourself lucky...

Grunt

Smash Master
It's true, brawls tier are closer together.
Brawl:
Top--------------------------High--Mid--low--bottom
Melee:
Top---high----mid----------low-----bottom

But which would you rather be limited to?

Gindler

Smash Champion
It's true, brawls tier are closer together.
Brawl:
Top--------------------------High--Mid--low--bottom
Melee:
Top---high----mid----------low-----bottom

But which would you rather be limited to?
More like.

Brawl:
Top--------High--Mid-Low-bottom
Melee: Top---High---Mid--------------------------low-----bottom.

Yeah that seems about right.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Not to me.

Brawl:
Top---High---Mid------Low---Bottom
Melee:
Top--High--Mid----Low---Bottom

That seems right to mee.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
N64
Top-Bottom
Melee
Top---High-Mid----Low--------Bottom
Brawl
Top-----------------High-Mid-Low-Bottom

Onxy

Smash Lord
N64
Top-high-mid-low-bottom

Melee
Top-high-mid---low---bottom

Brawl
Top----High---------Mid--low----Bottom.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Though, admittedly, the N64 had two tiers, Yes and No.
Yes-No

Melee had its own thing going with several tiers. they ranged from Tournament Viable, to pushing it, to What are you thinking?!?!?

Tournament Viable----Pushing It----What are you thinking?!?!?

Brawl returned to the N64 tiers with Yes and No, but changed it slightly:

Yes----------No

So... I know it's different from the one up there, but I like this one more. It's mor fanboy-ful and less of what I truly think.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Though, admittedly, the N64 had two tiers, Yes and No.
Yes-No

Melee had its own thing going with several tiers. they ranged from Tournament Viable, to pushing it, to What are you thinking?!?!?

Tournament Viable----Pushing It----What are you thinking?!?!?

Brawl returned to the N64 tiers with Yes and No, but changed it slightly:

Yes----------No

So... I know it's different from the one up there, but I like this one more. It's mor fanboy-ful and less of what I truly think.
:laugh: Yes and No. Awesome.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Interesting new thing to post, the difference between tier lists for each game. Cool. I wasn't much a tier list maker and I don't think I have the authority to make the differences of the tier list for each game.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
One day there will be a game where it goes

Yes no Yes no Yes Yes no Yes maybe Yes no.

I think brawl goes more along the lines of

Top---High-----Mid-----Low-bottom-------------------------------------Captain Falcon.

I am glad meaningful conversations don't go on here when I am not around.

So what ever happened to that Yoshi debate was going on? Did the confederates win? Is yoshi really top tier? Is peach underrated? Is falcon no longer the worst in the game? Will Marth ever be top tier? Does overswarm know when he is mentioned on a thread? Would Pichu be top tier if he could QAC? Why are plummers, animals, dinosaurs, bounty hunters, racers, and so on fighting each other anyway? Is Azen too good?

If a player trips and Ike isn't even around, do you still trip into his Fsmash?

Someone needs to post a tier list so we can poke fun at it or nitpick when they have one character out of place.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Yoshi For Yes Tier!!!!111!!
Uhhh... No?

Yoshi was okay, i guess, but he was faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa(I can't even put that many a's)r to gimpable for top tier... and he has a weird playstyle. I respect yoshi players, but No.

Edit: the post just above this one made me laugh, so I'm gonna do a tier list for everyone to nitpick and make fun of.
I use the character rankings as a guide, modify it with personal experience and perference, and BOOM! A tier list. Let's go.

I'm using coreygames's Yes-No Format with an added, "Maybe So." (it's supposed to be "yes, no, maybe so," but maybe so is still obviously higher than no)

Yes
Snake, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Mr. Game & Watch, Marth, Wario, Falco, ROB, Lucario

No
Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Link, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, scrub Sonic, Sheik (I'm sorry, but Shiek has, like, NO killing power whatsoever.)

Maybe So
Ice Climbers, Kirby, Fox, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Olimar, Wolf, Pit, Pikachu, Zero Suit Samus
Diddy Kong, Peach, Sonic, Ness, Zelda, Toon Link
Ike, Samus, Pokémon Trainer, Bowser,
Mario, Lucas

Why Sonic twice? Because there is a huge fundamental difference between a good Sonic that knows what he/she is doing and a scrub Sonic, so much so, that it has to be documented.

Bonus: N64 Tiers in no Particular Order

Yes
Everyone that's not...

No
Yoshi or Link.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
yoshi would completely be yes tier.
It is undeniable except for pansexuals who can deny anything yet deny nothing because they are pansexuals 0_o. no offense to any actual pansexuals.

Anyways.

Brawls tiers are closer than melees, yet the gap between a tier is different.

Melees was like

Top--High--Upper middle-- Lower middle---Low---Bottom

Brawls is more like

Top---High-- Upper Middle- Lower middle-Low----Botom

This is truth.

All tier lists without yoshi Atleast Low tier, are now null in void and any others should not be posted.

Any tier list without a ^.^ next to Zero suit samus is null, as well as Pit, Link,Yoshi, Diddy and Ganondorf, also Snake and MK.

gantrain05

Smash Master
no no no no its like this
Brawl
Top---------------------------------------High-mid-low--------------------falcon
Melee
Top---High--Mid----Low-----bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom