• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Well, who am I to say, but I really do think Link should be higher than were everyone is placing him.

He has an extremely high learning curve, but for the few who know how to use him well, they always seem to do good to great in tournies. He's turning out to be very technical, and being able to consistantly use all his tricks sure seems to be making him a great opponent. It's just, not many people will put that much time into him.

Just my two cents.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
No way Ganon is on the very bottom... Low mid maybe, but not bottom. Switch him and Bowser and I totally agree with SamusLord's list. And if everyone still thinks Ganon sucks PM me and we'll set up an online match, i'll show you how a good Ganon can destroy.
I also challenge anyone who thinks Ganondorf sucks to a match.

Ganondorf is bottom tier if the tier list were of learning curves.

Ganondorf > Sonic > C. Falcon

Ike's Strength (roughly) + C. Falcons speed/range (roughly) = Bottom Tier

The above formula is false.

What i'm trying to say is that you cannot deem a character bottom tier when it has SO much potential. Its the learning curve which makes people think G-Dawf stinks.

NO BDAWG YOU WILL NOT GET TO SEE LOBELIA'S BOOBS. NOW GO LOOK UP SOME PR0N.

Anyways, Even if you took the time to get good at using Ganon, he still pales in comparison to just about all except for CF. Not only that, but Tourney output and painfully obviously bad Matchups also seem to agree with that. All characters have potential, some have more than others.

Now if Ganon actually start to do **** in Tourneys then he might be considered as the bottom of Low, but for now, he deserves his positioning for the most part.

AchivemizzlePizzle

Smash Rookie
My Tier List:

Toon Link
Lucario
Marth
Wolf

High
Olimar
Mr. Game and Watch
Snake
Pit
Squirtle

Mid High
Pikachu
Charizard
Ike
Ness
Falco
Meta Knight
R.O.B

Mid
Ivysaur
Fox
Diddy Kong
Gannondorf
Sonic
Peach
Zero Suit Samus
Zelda
Kirby
Jigglypuff

Low
Samus
Captain Falcon
Mario
Lucas
Link
Ice Climbers

Bottom
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Yoshi

Feel Free to Comment or Flame idc : D

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Very bad list, sorry to say. Toon Link as absolute top? Donkey Kong in bottom? Both Lucario and Wolf in top while Ness sees mid high and Lucas see's low?

aaaaaa

AchivemizzlePizzle

Smash Rookie
Very bad list, sorry to say. Toon Link as absolute top? Donkey Kong in bottom? Both Lucario and Wolf in top while Ness sees mid high and Lucas see's low?

aaaaaa
their not in any particular order in top or in mid or what ever, those are just people that should be in top or mid or high not like toon link number 1 but yeah you know what i mean

Fish13srg

Smash Rookie
Just out of curiosity, why do people group the Pokémon Trainer's team as three different characters? Same goes for Zelda/Shiek, and to a smaller extent, Samus and Zero Suit.

Any character that has the ability to switch out mid-game should be grouped with all its members, because the ability to switch out allows for a more adaptable game plan.

Grunt

Smash Master
Holy crap, this is a joke right?
Fox Diddy Ivysaur Ness Ike Charizard Wolf Lucario Ganon Peach Kirby Jiggly ZSS Sonic Link Lucas Mario Falcon Samus Squirtle Pit and Zelda better than IC?
You've got to be joking right? IC are WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than that.

Ratherion

Smash Journeyman
Just out of curiosity, why do people group the Pokémon Trainer's team as three different characters? Same goes for Zelda/Shiek, and to a smaller extent, Samus and Zero Suit.

Any character that has the ability to switch out mid-game should be grouped with all its members, because the ability to switch out allows for a more adaptable game plan.
I'd agree. Grouping them differently is like... Well it's like if you listed 'Marth who only uses Specials' and 'Marth who only uses Smashes' as two different characters.

Grunt

Smash Master
I'm in agreeance. Grouping them differently is like... Well it's like if you listed 'Marth who only uses Specials' and 'Marth who only uses Smashes' as two different characters.
No.
Shiek can chose which character to be from the start and stay in that form forever if she so chooses. Same with ZSS. The only reason PT is different is because you are forced to switch after each death, and unless you 3 stock someone, you have to play as at least 2 of them.

AchivemizzlePizzle

Smash Rookie
yeah idk about jigglypuff. i love her air game but she doesnt really have anything on the ground and that is a problem. i split up pokemon trainer because they are all so different and well if your gonna main pokemon trainer you really cant main 3 people

Browny

Smash Hater
lol i just thought of something

shiek can still combo like crazy, and needle storm is too good, but people (myself included) chuck her in low tier because of really bad KO potential... but whats stopping her transforming into the KO master zelda? take all of zeldas strengths which put her on the upper side of the tier list, remove her weaknesses and bam...

wtf

powell651234

Smash Apprentice
My Tier List

G+W
Snake

Upper
Falco
Wolf
Link
Marth
Meta Knight
Donkey Kong

Mid
Fox
R.O.B.
Lucas
Pit
Wario
Toon Link
Lucario
Mario
Kirby
Diddy Kong
Luigi
Dedede
Pikachu
Zelda/Sheik
Samus

Lower
Ness
Olimar
Peach
Pokemon Trainer
Yoshi
Bowser
Ike

Bottom
Sonic
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff

Ratherion

Smash Journeyman
No.
Shiek can chose which character to be from the start and stay in that form forever if she so chooses. Same with ZSS. The only reason PT is different is because you are forced to switch after each death, and unless you 3 stock someone, you have to play as at least 2 of them.
Personally I don't see Sheik and Zelda as different characters, deliberately limiting yourself to a single moveset when you have double avalible just seems unreasonable. If your opponent is spamming pikmin at Squirtle, you switch to Ivy and Rleaf > Pikmin. You don't stay as squirtle. I'd be like deliberately not using throws.

Grunt

Smash Master
lol i just thought of something

shiek can still combo like crazy, and needle storm is too good, but people (myself included) chuck her in low tier because of really bad KO potential... but whats stopping her transforming into the KO master zelda? take all of zeldas strengths which put her on the upper side of the tier list, remove her weaknesses and bam...

wtf
it is more wise to stay zelda from the start:

1. she has no trouble racking damage herself.
2. she is anti camping
3.your opponent doesnt get a free hit when you transform.

Personally I don't see Sheik and Zelda as different characters, deliberately limiting yourself to a single moveset when you have double avalible just seems unreasonable. If your opponent is spamming pikmin at Squirtle, you switch to Ivy and Rleaf > Pikmin. You don't stay as squirtle. I'd be like deliberately not using throws.
Honestly why would you switch between Shieka and Zelda ever? they're so different they counter different people. EX: shiek is good against Mother Kids, but if you decide to switch to Zelda for the all important "Kill move" they get a free shot at you and are now camping at one end PSI magnetting all your Din's Fire. they have better approach than zelda, so now it seems staying shiek would have been a better choice. because it's available, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do in most cases.

switching pokemon without dying is asking for trouble. olimar will spot this, and rush to smash you. besides if he's spamming pikmin, you don't get knocked back at all, so just rush and attack to remove all the pikmin from you and hurt olimar. not that hard.

Deliberately not using throws? what a horrible analogy. throws are far more vital than switching Pokemon mid battle will ever be.

Link
Marth
G+W
Snake

Upper
Wolf
Olimar
Donkey Kong
Snake
Samus
Ike

Mid
Fox
R.O.B.
Falco
Lucas
Toon Link
Lucario
Mario
Kirby
Diddy Kong
Luigi
Dedede
Pikachu
Zelda/Sheik
Ness

Lower
Meta Knight
Pit
Pokemon Trainer
Yoshi
Bowser
Wario
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon

Bottom
Sonic
Ganondorf
Well, there is definately something wrong, like two snakes, but the worst is Link. why exactally do you put him as top of the top?

Grunt

Smash Master
Link is an outstanding character. I may have overrated him, but I think he is defs upper/top...a Link player that uses his range and melee together with rythm and precision is the toughest opponents I have faced.

Link could be forgotten in this game because of his early tier placings, but I think that is just because people haven't pushed him to his limits. Those who have are laughing at y'all.
Yeah, a lot overrated.
Link can use projectiles and Melee fluently, i agree, but they are not so useful in terms of camping with them, and because of Lack of range, and lag between each use, they are harder to spam as well. Toon link does this, only faster and more efficiently due to his speed and maneuverability. link also seriously lacks recovery. his UpB is such a dissapointment, it goes almost nowhere. Toon Link's Up B flies up for miles, not to mention his jumps are about twice as tall. link also has a harder time recovering with his chain because of his low jump height, he usually isnt within vertical and horizontal range of the ledge at the same time.

Just a question, who did you play that was so good at link?

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Cap's main advantages - Kneesmash, and spike - both have been crippled horribly so you really do end up having to resort him to low/bottom.

Ganondorf, though sluggish, is still a power hitter and not nearly as laggy as Bowser.

Sonic is a very fickle character, but he's still lousy due to lack of KO power. Can't really argue with it - it's just true. He is a very good example of "Low tier does not equal impossible to win with," though.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Top 5:

Metaknight
Snake
Toon Link
Game and Watch
Falco/Dedede

In no specific order. Wasn't sure which should be the 5th.

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
Link
Marth
G+W
Snake

Upper
Wolf
Olimar
Donkey Kong
Snake
Samus
Ike

Mid
Fox
R.O.B.
Falco
Lucas
Toon Link
Lucario
Mario
Kirby
Diddy Kong
Luigi
Dedede
Pikachu
Zelda/Sheik
Ness

Lower
Meta Knight
Pit
Pokemon Trainer
Yoshi
Bowser
Wario
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon

Bottom
Sonic
Ganondorf
You put MK in lower tier. You automatically fail.

King GeGeGe

Smash Rookie
one ting I've noticed is that wolf is woefully over-rated... he's not particularly good, or at least he doesn't seem it to me. The only truly brilliant space animal in brawl is Falco, IMHO.

SaxDude93

Smash Apprentice
Link
Marth
G+W
Snake

Upper
Wolf
Olimar
Donkey Kong
Snake
Samus
Ike

Mid
Fox
R.O.B.
Falco
Lucas
Toon Link
Lucario
Mario
Kirby
Diddy Kong
Luigi
Dedede
Pikachu
Zelda/Sheik
Ness

Lower
Meta Knight
Pit
Pokemon Trainer
Yoshi
Bowser
Wario
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon

Bottom
Sonic
Ganondorf
Dear God, No

*gasps for air while dying a painful, nervous spasm filled death*

MK at lower tier. No. No. No. I'm sorry, but you're an idiot. Probably the biggest idiot on this forum. At least other n00b tier lists have MK on top. Right now, MK is the second best character in the game, right after Snake. Mk has great priority, speed, damage rack-up-ness, recovery, DJ hitboxes, match-ups, and tourney data.

Tink>Link. Tink is way better than normal Link. Tink does everything Link does, but better. Wario is mid tier at least. And how many times do I have to say this: IKE IS NOT HIGH TIER

Falco is top tier, many people agree. And Samus is low ter.

And Snake is listed twice becasue he is too awesome to only be listed once.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Dear God, No

*gasps for air while dying a painful, nervous spasm filled death*

MK at lower tier. No. No. No. I'm sorry, but you're an idiot. Probably the biggest idiot on this forum. At least other n00b tier lists have MK on top. Right now, MK is the second best character in the game, right after Snake. Mk has great priority, speed, damage rack-up-ness, recovery, DJ hitboxes, match-ups, and tourney data.

Tink>Link. Tink is way better than normal Link. Tink does everything Link does, but better. Wario is mid tier at least. And how many times do I have to say this: IKE IS NOT HIGH TIER

Falco is top tier, many people agree. And Samus is low ter.

And Snake is listed twice becasue he is too awesome to only be listed once.
I couldn't have said it better myself.....or realized that Snake showed up twice XD

sweener

Smash Rookie
Smash Brothers makes us act like we are fools
THROW OUR LIVES AWAY FOR ONE HAPPY DAY!

payasofobia

Smash Champion
this is my own tier list! :D
or in other words NOOBS TIER LIST IN A NUTSHELL

SNAKE TIER
random garbage character
metaknight

GOD TIER