• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
So...Uhm....about those lists ehh.......pretty nice topic......Ike is for god tier,eh..right?

Sonic does merit a higher placement because actions do speak louder than words.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Sick Burn.

It's actually really hard to place anyone but Snake Meta, and the tip of the top of the high like D3, 2D, and... something else with a number and D. They are the only ones that consistently are in Top 8's. The occasional ROB, Wario, Lucario, and whatnot make it, but hardy ever get first. So you never really see any other characters to place. It makes the whole "tier" job really hard.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Pfft. We all know what the order pretty much is by now. Honestly, I give this thread a week before it's closed.
Once that happens where will we all go? >_>
Also, note that I'm conveniently never online whenever my Yoshi buds and you guys are arguing. I've found I save a lot of face that way.

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
This thread will not be closed because we did not decide the official tier list. Obviously, there is still discussion that can be done.

Yes >.> besides Ike, he can be right above sonic.
Oh, I meant that people place characters like that above Sonic.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
To be honest as much as I dislike it, I would agree with Corey.

=(
As much as I like Brawl, the imbalances are too great and the imbalance is ridiculous.
Even if its a 6:4 disadvantage its much more difficult than anything in melee.

*sigh*

Granted the game will be competitive but I cannot help but feel frustrated whenever I get punished for having the advantage. (I am looking at you Luigi).

Seriously, you shouldn't be capable of punishing me when I smack you away.

*cough*

Anyway yeah.

I'll still probably play Brawl, just not as much as Melee.

Why would Ike be above Sonic?
He has worse matchups overall, an easuly gimpable recovery.
Little speed.
He has range and power, but can't do anything with it outside of habbing and Bairing.
Neither of which are exactly great. Yeah he's decent, but he just doens't do as well as Sonic.

He's just too easily taken advantage of IMO. Sort of like how Link gets abused at close range.

And yes I do use Ike alot , I used him before I mained Sonic actually.
He had a big sword >.>

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Nah, a more likely reason that this thread wouldn't get closed is because the mods probably ignore us here... running around spouting out things they most likely already know.

@ corey: If we could organize a mass walkout of the Brawl forums back to the Melee ones, I would definitely be there. Give it a while, people will probably go back to Melee anyway eventually.

Grunt

Smash Master
snake, MK
High
D3, Gaw, ROB, Marth, Falco
Hi-mid
Wario, Tink, Pikachu, Wolf, Pit
Mid
Olimar, Diddy, Lucario, DK, IC, Kirby, Fox, Zelda, Luigi, ZSS
Lo-mid
Lucas, Sonic, Shiek, Ness, Peach
Low
Mario, Bowser, PT, Yoshi
Bottom
Falcon, Puff, Link, Samus
TrashGOD
Ganondorf

guise, agree?
y/n?

If the first post is a YES then this thread is done.

Corigames

Smash Hero
@ corey: If we could organize a mass walkout of the Brawl forums back to the Melee ones, I would definitely be there. Give it a while, people will probably go back to Melee anyway eventually.
That's been my plan all along. to *****, whine, moan, and complain about Brawl until everyone comes to their senses and goes back to Melee. Hopefully... with a little bit of willpower...

To be honest as much as I dislike it, I would agree with Corey.
What's that suppose to mean... you dislike me or the thing you are coming to grips with >_>

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
@ corey: LOL I just realized the difference you made in your sig. That oughta learn em.

@ grunt list: Good.
/thread?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Try do spacing well so that the knock back of your attack makes it harder for them to smack you back.
*facepalm*

Play a Luigi as Sonic and you'll understand what I mean.

Considering DI and range, its more difficult than it sounds.
Its tough being a sonic main at times.

not only that when I am performing my jab combo my opponent shouldn't be capable of Nairing me at 100%, or shielding, or grabbing me.

Meh most of it is aimed at Luigi and MK though.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Lol here's the last brief saying on Yoshi so we can stop the constant going back and forth.
Yoshi is middle tier but seeing as tournament results play such a huge role, I can perfectly understand people putting him in low until said tourney results pick up (which they will <_<), and ALL of you americans complaining about your state not having tourneys, try living in freaking ENGLAND!
O and two things to pick at with corey:
1. Yoshi's only use smashes for kills, the rest of his ground game solely his pwnsome tilts and jabs.
2. What you said about DRing backwards, you admitted it now has potential, we've only known about the AT for a month and it requires alot of practice to perform reliably, how long was it after wavedash was discovered did it become standard?

Corigames

Smash Hero
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954
Yoshi isn't even on the "detail" list, he's so unnoticeable. Plus, he is at the bottom. The tournament results show he is ****.

If his anything was "pwnsome" then I think the above link would be different, or at least the opinions of anyone who doesn't play Yoshi.

In the end, though, how effective was the Wavedash? How effective is DR? that's what counts. It doesn't matter if everyone uses it, if it is worthless, then it will stay that way. If Yoshi even go popular, it wouldn't stop Snake from killing him, let alone other people better than him. That's why he is low. Personal influence will always obstruct this, but with Yoshi, and in this game, it seems to be very slight.

Griffard

Smash Ace
snake, MK
High
D3, Gaw, ROB, Marth, Falco
Hi-mid
Wario, Tink, Pikachu, Wolf, Pit
Mid
Olimar, Diddy, Lucario, DK, IC, Kirby, Fox, Zelda, Luigi, ZSS
Lo-mid
Lucas, Sonic, Shiek, Ness, Peach
Low
Mario, Bowser, PT, Yoshi
Bottom
Falcon, Puff, Link, Samus
TrashGOD
Ganondorf

guise, agree?
y/n?

If the first post is a YES then this thread is done.
uh, for the most part it's fine, except falco should be a wee bit higher due to his tourney results. also, Ganon is better than all of the chars in your bottom, AND low actually, but he should be in low anyway. in your list he should be in lo-mid

Corigames

Smash Hero
Yoshi's match up against snake is pretty much the same as Marth, all of a sudden marth is crap >.>
That is beyond extreme prejudice on your part, that statement is blatant ignorance.
Yoshi is not seriously disadvantaged by many, I believe it's only 2.Everyone else is an advantage,neutral or slight disadvantage, which is different from Jigglypuff who is ****.
Too bad that claim goes without anything to prove itself. How can you even say that. How did you have the guts to even dribble such a lie. That's unbelievable. Yoshi has pathetic to horrible matches up and down the chart. No matter how many paragraphs anyone types up, that won't change. He doesn't even get to flirt with the possibility of jumping up to usable tier.

Now, begin your predictable counter flame. It will most likely point out how I just don't like Yoshi, I'm immature, I don't know what a good Yoshi is like, etc. They are all hollow. You, or anyone else saying stuff about Yoshi can't possibly even disturb the conclusion I have been brought to by what I have seen.

And yes, Jigglypuff is ****.

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954
Yoshi isn't even on the "detail" list, he's so unnoticeable. Plus, he is at the bottom. The tournament results show he is ****.

If his anything was "pwnsome" then I think the above link would be different, or at least the opinions of anyone who doesn't play Yoshi.

In the end, though, how effective was the Wavedash? How effective is DR? that's what counts. It doesn't matter if everyone uses it, if it is worthless, then it will stay that way. If Yoshi even go popular, it wouldn't stop Snake from killing him, let alone other people better than him. That's why he is low. Personal influence will always obstruct this, but with Yoshi, and in this game, it seems to be very slight.

If I could only make it to one of these big fancy tournments. The campus has a couple of Wii's lying around. Hopefully UF will start one. Anyway, I've seen some people post results on Yoshi's users playing in tournments. I haven't seen them added in yet. No one won yet, but they got pretty far in the tournments.

BTW, Snake isn't a issue for Yoshi. Like with every character fighting against snake. Don't run at him like a idiot. It's common sense that every move can kill. Wait for when his moves are finish, then come at him. Keep a eye on when he strikes.

Yoshi only has 3 character which he struggles with. Falco, Zelda, and Mr.g/w. I'll admit, I struggle at times with Toon link, but it's only because I step in his range a little too often. Plus snake, mk, and mr.g/w aren't much of an issue to me because I play friends who main them. Beat them and got beaten.

If I could only make it to one of these big fancy tournments. The campus has a couple of Wii's lying around. Hopefully UF will start one. Anyway, I've seen some people post results on Yoshi's users playing in tournments. I haven't seen them added in yet. No one won yet, but they got pretty far in the tournments.

BTW, Snake isn't a issue for Yoshi. Like with every character fighting against snake. Don't run at him like a idiot. It's common sense that every move can kill. Wait for when his moves are finish, then come at him. Keep a eye on when he strikes.

Yoshi only has 3 character which he struggles with. Falco, Zelda, and Mr.g/w. I'll admit, I struggle at times with Toon link, but it's only because I step in his range a little too often. Plus snake, mk, and mr.g/w aren't much of an issue to me because I play friends who main them. Beat them and got beaten.
lol at saying Yoshi only has 3 characters he "Struggles"with.

Try Half+ the roster >_>.

Corigames

Smash Hero
If Snake and MK weren't an issue, then there would be more evidence leading towards that point. However, there has been none presented.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
That is beyond extreme prejudice on your part, that statement is blatant ignorance.
What ignorance?
You mentioned Yoshi vs Snake and I said Yoshi's chances against Snake are the same as Marth's vs Snake.
So in which case would that Make marth crap?

Too bad that claim goes without anything to prove itself. How can you even say that. How did you have the guts to even dribble such a lie. That's unbelievable. Yoshi has pathetic to horrible matches up and down the chart. No matter how many paragraphs anyone types up, that won't change. He doesn't even get to flirt with the possibility of jumping up to usable tier.
ORLY? I doubt so.
Who completely outclass's yoshi in a battle.
I believe Lucario, D3 and Iceclimbers? Im also going to say Diddy because of Banana ****.
Also screw that match up list on this board, Im almost sure Peach has an advantage against yoshi but it says neutral, yet Yoshi is neutral or advantaged vs DK and it does not have that last time I checked.
Yoshi having a hard time to jiggles makes me lol.
Really Yoshi either has a slight disadvantage for him or a neutral match up other than those 4 above. He does have quite a few more disadvantages than neutrals at this point however, He's still better than Bottom Tier, there is no rule that says there must be 4 in that Tier.
Yoshi's better than Samus, Jiggles and CF by a good overall amount so why the hell should he be grouped with them, when low tier characters are more at his level.

Now, begin your predictable counter flame. It will most likely point out how I just don't like Yoshi, I'm immature, I don't know what a good Yoshi is like, etc. They are all hollow. You, or anyone else saying stuff about Yoshi can't possibly even disturb the conclusion I have been brought to by what I have seen.
Im a flamer now? :urg:
The only immature thing really about you is how you present your claims, while some of them are founded and good arguments you add a bitter taste of bile with all of them, which is how I believe people would call you immature.
Nobody knows the trouble you've seen, nobody knows...your sorrow...*snaps fingers*, nobody knows the trouble you've seen *snaps*...nooo...nooo...nooo....noooooooooo.
Jokes aside your arguements have either been
"He's bad, can't take place in a tournament and his recovery is predictable"
or "He's bad because, this, that and uncle fred" - this stuff I like, because it's reasonable.
However This, That and Uncle Fred, still show that he's better than the likes of
Jiggles, Samus and CF, although Imma go ahead and say CF has potential to seperate from samus and Jiggles. If people can get his Knee down properly.

And yes, Jigglypuff is ****.
I thank you for this, as more people must know.
Stupid bloody balloon.
___

Oh ya I forgot about yoshi's lame match up vs Zelda and Falco.
So thats 5 out of 35.

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
lol at saying Yoshi only has 3 characters he "Struggles"with.

Try Half+ the roster >_>.
Tried it. beat'em all a couple of times and then some. Some were a breeze, some had more punch, some come down to the wire. It's all about being tactical and thinking straight. Don't run blindly, that's what I go by at least. Plus, I play for fun. Whether people play against me competitively or not, I still provide a good fight.

Not trying to offend. I'm just saying.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
yoshi doesn't struggle with half the roster, anyone who says that is, well unknowledgable.

First of all

NEutral isn't struggling we all know that
and 6:4 isn't struggling
Consider in a tourney that out of 3 or 4 stocks a 6:4 chance is very good actually (specially out of 3)
7:3+ is struggling.

Yoshi also had unrecorded neutral match ups at the moment.
*cough* DK (im never going to stop saying that lol)*cough*

Corigames

Smash Hero
Do you have videos or anything to back it up? Tournament results with you in the top? Can the people you play testify to this at least? Anything can be said, especially over the Internet where integrity is low at the very most.

If what you say is absolutely true, beyond the shadow of any and all doubt that you can beat most characters on the roster, it is nothing more than a very isolated incident with nothing backing it up. If anything, understand our position. Yoshi absolutely blows in everything we've done. And for a handful of people to refute that with nothing but their own experiences... it's shallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom