• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Cid

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2277-7962-6585
characters that can win tournaments
snake

characters that cant win tournaments where snake is present
everyone except snake

characters that can win tournaments where snake isn't present
everyone
lolz.... I think you're giving him a little bit too much credit.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
neither is chuck norris, but it's irrelevant because snake is awesome in brawl, until he plays meta knight.
it's okay, guys, I fixed it :chuckle:

lol, I like meta knight, i hear snake is ****, but I don't know how to use him, seeing as how i don't own the game.

Zink

Smash Champion
if it wasn't so ridiculously easy to powershield or airdodge through that slow moving thing you'd have a point
wolf is not exactly going to sit there and spam, he can interrupt any attack with it. or with anything, really. have fun with his no-startup killing dsmash.

Aids_Ninja

Smash Cadet
stop putting Ike at high tier. all his attacks are slow and the only reason people are putting him so high tier is because people suck at the game now and are running into his slow attacks. HE WILL NOT BE HIGH TIER.

Zink

Smash Champion
stop putting Ike at high tier. all his attacks are slow and the only reason people are putting him so high tier is because people suck at the game now and are running into his slow attacks. HE WILL NOT BE HIGH TIER.
guess you don't play ike, amirite? utilt, bair, ftilt, dtilt, jab combo, nair, are all usable in situations where speed is needed.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
guess you don't play ike, amirite? utilt, bair, ftilt, dtilt, jab combo, nair, are all usable in situations where speed is needed.
You know, since Zink said it, I don't think Ike is good anymore........

....:chuckle: Ike is still a badass. But Meta Knight for top tier. Only noobs don't know how to kill with Meta Knight.

Zink

Smash Champion
You know, since Zink said it, I don't think Ike is good anymore........

....:chuckle: Ike is still a badass. But Meta Knight for top tier. Only noobs don't know how to kill with Meta Knight.
you're cute, kid. but cuteness can only get you so far.

SSBB4all

Smash Apprentice
Jeez... I rarely post but this is interesting.

The Pokemon Trainer is underestimated. I can't name all of the advantages, but there are so many.
- Squirtle has aerials that can rival Jigglypuff in Melee... And he's faster!
- Ivys grab range.... No just range period is incredible
- Charizards smash attacks have insane priority (his U-smash covers his whole head)
- Charizard can only be killed when knocked off stage due to his amazing gliding ability, which means he lives for a LOOONG time
- Ivy has a smash attack that rivals Ike in strength, but not as laggy! (her U-smash)
- Ivys bullet seed attack is viable for one of the most broken attacks in the game (try standing on a platform above her with Bowser, D3, etc. and you will be sorry)
- A good rock smash from Charizard can deal 40%+ in just one hit
- Pokemon change has invincibility frames... Not too important but it is very cool! :)

COMBINE ALL OF THIS STUFF INTO ONE CHARACTER AND YOU HAVE A POWERHOUSE....
How in the hell can a character like this be suggested for mid-low tier??????

Zink

Smash Champion
I know, that's where my raw sexiness comes in handy.

....oh, and I'm smart, too, for what it's worth =/
I'll file those under "cute" then.

Just to make this appear on track, Wolf>Snake because of his edge game. he can literally teleport from the edge to the middle of the stage, or simply pop up onto the top of the edge with zero landing lag, FROM THE SAME POSITION. Go to close, he's behind you. Back off too far, you just let him on. Either way, you eat dsmash, ftilt, fsmash, fair/bair/other painful sharp things.

Cape

Smash Rookie
I haven't ruled out anyone for being high tier yet. It's exciting at this point in time because of all the uncertainty/potential/so on.

Anyone else feel like there will be a surge of ZSS in time? Only character I enjoy playing right now. :)

estion11

Smash Apprentice
Mine so far (in order of strength)

Top Tier:

Toon Link
Mr. Game & Watch
Pit
Sonic - if you know how to use him, could fall down below if not
i think toon link should be lower because i dont know how to use him[/sarcasm]

anyways here is my impressions so far for whatever its worth which is probably not much.

...the tiers arent in order from best to worst

Top Tier:
Wolf
Marth
G&W

High Tier:
Sheik
Falco
Olimar
Fox
Pit
Zamus

Upper Tier:
Toon Link
Sonic
Diddy
Mario
Lucas
Ike
Peach

Mid Tier:
R.O.B.
Zelda
Snake
Ice Climbers
Bowser
Kirby
Metaknight (maybe just cause i dont like him, I could see how he would be upper tier)
Ness
DeDeDe
Lucario

Lower Tier:
Jiggs
Pikachu
Charizard
Ivysaur
Luigi
Link
Captian Falcon
Samus

Low Tier:
Wario
Squirtle
DK

Bottom:
Yoshi
Ganondorf

i might be missing a couple characters on the list

SSBB4all

Smash Apprentice
i think toon link should be lower because i dont know how to use him[/sarcasm]

anyways here is my impressions so far for whatever its worth which is probably not much.

...the tiers arent in order from best to worst

Top Tier:
Wolf
Marth
G&W

High Tier:
Sheik
Falco
Olimar
Fox
Pit
PKM TRAINER
Zamus

Upper Tier:
Toon Link
Sonic
Diddy
Mario
Lucas
Ike
Peach

Mid Tier:
R.O.B.
Zelda
Snake
Ice Climbers
Bowser
Kirby
Metaknight (maybe just cause i dont like him, I could see how he would be upper tier)
Ness
DeDeDe
Lucario

Lower Tier:
Jiggs
Pikachu
Luigi
Link
Captian Falcon
Samus

Low Tier:
Wario
DK

Bottom:
Yoshi
Ganondorf

i might be missing a couple characters on the list
I helped you out a bit, but there are so many mistakes on this tier list that I almost threw up...

MeowMeow

Smash Cadet
i think pt's versatility makes him high tier overall....maybe the individual pokemon are nothing more than mid tier, but pt's option to change to better contest his opponent makes him overall high tier.

D

Deleted member

characters that can win tournaments
snake

characters that cant win tournaments where snake is present
everyone except snake

characters that can win tournaments where snake isn't present
everyone
you are forgetting someone...name starts with a W and it isn't "wario".
wsnake is not a character

Wsnake confirmed.

So D3 is top-tier AMIRITE?
Maybe. He has good killing moves, but he's also insanely slow...I'll try him out more.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Snake beats Metaknight in the match-up.

He is too strong.

How do you kill with an U-tilt at 80%?

**** makes me sad.

Also Marth denies Snake.

HE DENIES HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

armlx

Smash Rookie
Based on ITP's last list.

SS Rating:
1.Marth
2.Metaknight
3.Toon link
4.Wolf
5.Olimar
6.Snake
7.PT

S Rating:
8.DDD
9.Zamus
10.Luigi
11.Diddy
12.Ike
13.Fox
14.Falco

A Rating:

15.Ice Climbers
16.G&W
17.Lucas
18.Pit
19.Mario
20.R.O.B
21.Kirby
22.Ness

B Rating:
23.Sonic
24.Sheik
25.Zelda
26.Pikachu
27.Wario
28.Peach
29.DK
30.Bowser

C Rating:
31.Lucario
32.Samus
33.Link
34.Falcon
35.Gannon
36.Jigglypuff
37.Yoshi

Reasons for major jumps.

Metaknight: Actually impossible to fight in the air. Rediculous range and priority, best chaser in the game. Down Smash has 0 lag and kills really easily. All the hate thrown on his lack of killing moves is due to a lack of experience with the character. Might even oust Marth on my list soon. And insanely fast.

Wolf: Does what spacies want to do, and does it with a punch. Not much more to say.

Luigi: ITP hyped him a lot, but the more I play with him the more I realize his air game gets out classed by the top 3, ranged attacks are awkward vs him, and DDD just ruins your day. Might even fall more.

Snake: Lots of kill, lots of recovery, doesn't die. Watch the replays of the event won with Snake (finals is Gimpy as Metaknight vs someone I can't remember w/ Snake) for more reasons.

Pit: Just worse than Metaknight at most things. Possible I'm throwing too much hate his way for this reason.

ROB: Clunky. Nifty, but clunky.

Fox: Meh. Explained this many times: Out fairs the fair characters.

Sheik: Not as hot as I thought. Attacks are very awkward vs swords I have found, loses a lot of air matchups, throws are meh.

Diddy might fall some as spacies get more used. Reflected bananas are awkward. I predict a lot of rise in Falco/Fox's stock as well.

Basically everyone down to Pit or Lucas is legitimately tournament caliber.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
Snake beats Metaknight in the match-up.

He is too strong.

How do you kill with an U-tilt at 80%?

**** makes me sad.

Also Marth denies Snake.

HE DENIES HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ike haXXors snake, because snake is the only character with laggier moves, and Ike can kill at 0%...

remember kids: if your fighting an Ike, don't let the motherf*cker get anywhere near you, and if you fight snake, get as close to the b*st*rd as possible.

Snake was seen with a gun on a "grassy knoll" a long time ago...

K20AFoozbal

Smash Apprentice
Response to K20

Ike - powerhouse that lacks a good reflector and has no combos to make up for it. He won't make it, I'm fairly sure.

Pikachu - no real reasons given, good attacks get you nowhere without a reflector, or good combos.

D3, chainthrow. Combo that makes up for no reflector or speed, alright choice.

Lucas, yes say why please. As I see him he's good, but no real reason to choose him.

Tlink combos like breathing, and exploits nearly every attack that seems useless on link. He'll be great.

Wolf, good reflector, nice weight, good character.

Marth is definately still here with his counter, and his ability to make wolf and falco work for their wins, I think he's actually doing quite well versus the spacies right now, so he'll be quite strong.

Others of note: diddy for his banana combos, possibly olimar or pit, for their damage and camping respectively, we'll see, but I think their lack of counters will keep them from top tier.

Edit: Also, reading your sig, you just seem to have thrown in ike and pika because you "main" them. This is dumb, I main diddy, but think he is lacking at the high end competition, I think he'll be ok, but he's gonna fall behind when new tech is found.

sooo top tier will consist of pit, spacies, peach and marth cuz they have a reflector/counter? get over yourself... DDD, Zamus, snake, diddy and even olimar will do incresingly well in high end matches.

pikachu has incredible mind games. incase you havent seen it yet, he can quick attack around the platform into some rather amazing moves, covering rather large distance in a short amount of time, confusing the crap out of people and his attacks all hit harder, stronger and have better priority. the lack of a reflector is what i like to call a shield. also, his projectile is good for keeping distance and stacking up damage, which is what this game seems to be about. hense why snake is doing so well.

Ike, while he's slow at best can still do all the AT that have come out, and quite successfully might i add. his attacks hit hard and while he lacks a projectile he'll do well for other reasons. he DOES have a counter ability. he has incredible range. he is able to cover ground quickly and into other moves with little lag. and when he does hit you, you'll hurt. badly.

Lucas... lol if you can get close to the guy then you may be able to get somewhere, but as it sits with PKspam and his powerful attacks you'll get punished hard if you even do get close to him. He's strong, hits really hard, has ridiculous range and he's quick. Can recover damage and deal damage with the same move. B sticking is only one of the reasons this guy will shoot to the top. I will say this guy will be very high on the list. He will do well at tournaments.

The game's been out to the general public for 2 weeks now. time to play more and talk with your head more. Remeber, the tiers will be chosen based on tournament results no matter what you or i say.

i dont main bad characters. these are all good reasons for them to be up there in the tier list. I dont mean these guys will be TOP **** OMGWTFBBQ tier... i said they'll be up there (i.e. above mid). and they should be.

BTW -- even if they are mid or lower... i've seen chozen, Ken and M2k beat the crap of really good players with characters like pikachu, pichu or jigg in melee at a few local tourneys last year.

So i say you sit back, wait for the tournements to go into full force and then tell me who's bad with some reason other than "they dont have a reflector k?"

thx

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
I haven't ruled out anyone for being high tier yet. It's exciting at this point in time because of all the uncertainty/potential/so on.

Anyone else feel like there will be a surge of ZSS in time? Only character I enjoy playing right now. :)
I dont know but I am one of the Zamus of the surge XD.

But the Tiers should be interesting. But this game . I can see the mid tier having a good run at tourneys.

Also don't totally rely on tiers this time around. A mid tier, good player(luigi for example), is bound to do well in expert play.

Also skill outweighs tiers especially for this game. Zamus,DDD, Snake, and Olmar are looking to pose a serious threat this time around. Also I play various characters with well guess my main.

In other words, Marth could or may be top but this time around there are alot of threats against him.

Chariot

Smash Rookie
sooo top tier will consist of pit, spacies, peach and marth cuz they have a reflector/counter? get over yourself... DDD, Zamus, snake, diddy and even olimar will do incresingly well in high end matches.

i dont main bad characters. these are all good reasons for them to be up there in the tier list. I dont mean these guys will be TOP **** OMGWTFBBQ tier... i said they'll be up there (i.e. above mid). and they should be.

BTW -- even if they are mid or lower... i've seen chozen, Ken and M2k beat the crap of really good players with characters like pikachu, pichu or jigg in melee at a few local tourneys last year.

So i say you sit back, wait for the tournements to go into full force and then tell me who's bad with some reason other than "they dont have a reflector k?"

thx
Good attacks do not equal a good character. Good mind games do not equal a good character. (Not to say that good characters don't have either, rather that just saying something has this quality does not make it a good character). Every character has decent attacks, every character has mind games.

Tech is the only real, functional difference between characters that matters. Whether that be using tech specific to the character, or having a particular tech benefit your character more.

Reflector was just one example, I could go on about the abuses wolf has with edges, or the sh l-cancelling wolf does, or the sh air that almost every character does.

Saying they have good attacks *is not enough*. Please note I am not putting characters forward, just suggesting you come up with better reasons for your choices.

EDIT: also, I said DDD was quite good, and will be competitive, diddy will be competitive but not top, as I said in my first post as well, note that neither of these have reflectors. Reflectors are just one example of a point I am trying to make.

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
Alright alright guys, quit jerkin off to your favorite characters. It's quite biased actually with the fanboys and their giant sigs of their favorite characters...ugh. Okay how about we do this instead:

Let's agree with who Top Tier is RIGHT NOW and just get Top Tier outta the way. After Top Tier, let's move to high, then medium, then low, then last, but least, bottom tier.

Not in order of strength, but we can decide that later. For right now, i'm just gonna say that we have Toon Link, Marth, Metaknight, Pit, Olimar, Wolf, and...well i'm havin trouble of thinkin of another one. I'm thinkin either PT, Lucas, or even Snake. I am iffy about puttin snake at top, very iffy, because you actually have to be a smart player to use him. He's very complexed compared to someone like Marth. Now i'm not judgin based off of simplicity, but just flat out common sense. The fastest, the cheapest, and hella strong in one freakin character.

K20AFoozbal

Smash Apprentice
Tech is the only real, functional difference between characters that matters. Whether that be using tech specific to the character, or having a particular tech benefit your character more.
did you miss what i said about pikachu? good lord...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GshUovlVOew

keep in mind, this is a demonstration vs a computer so individual results will vary

i understand ike may be too slow, but with pikachu's significant buffs factored in with it's strong KO and damage racking moves added into this mind mastery of an AT it's proving to be pretty ridiculous in matches i've seen thus far.

Chariot

Smash Rookie
Didn't miss it, just didn't know quick attack could bounce on the ground. Anyway, now we're getting somewhere. I will admit, with this quick attack cancelling, pikachu should be amazing. (Although it doesn't appear to cancel all the lag from the quick attack, might be counterable, but will still be good.)

K20AFoozbal

Smash Apprentice
cool cool. but yea, pretty much everything has a counter... even tho fox/falco were "god" tier in melee, yet marth was still a nasty counter to them...

i guess we'll have to see what unfolds... the game is still young. lets just hope more goodies and AT's come out of this for lots of different characters.

Still, it's gonna be nice seeing more than like 7 characters at tournaments lol

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Its only been a good week and a half, so a final top tier is undecided. Majority of the people are going to argue about their main characters not being understood. Most of these chosen top tier chr's can be replaced, but because of their make-up, will fight for their ranking, (i.e. Marth or Pit) Others, like lucario, a very tricky (or in my case, a wild-card chr) is chosen on a lower tier, because some people have a harder time adjusting to his different fighting style.
Ranks will change, and people will have good points, and bad points. It will be in flux till the game is months old, and a king(s) have been crowned, and ranks given out. So keep testing all the chr's to make a better judgment.

Vegeta214

Smash Apprentice
Alright alright guys, quit jerkin off to your favorite characters. It's quite biased actually with the fanboys and their giant sigs of their favorite characters...ugh.
Actually, I haven't seen anyone do that for a couple of pages. What bothers me a lot more is people posting whole tier lists which they should REFRAIN from doing.

Also people, do not post anything if you don't back up your statements.

Okay how about we do this instead: Let's agree with who Top Tier is RIGHT NOW and just get Top Tier outta the way. After Top Tier, let's move to high, then medium, then low, then last, but least, bottom tier.
This approach is a lot better since tier lists are made from top to bottom, which is brings us to the areas we can speculate on at this point: Top and high tier. Anything below that is ridiculously stupid to even think about if we don't even know the first two.

Characters that imo COULD be top tier - if you think otherwise, state WHY. (also contains characters I consider high tier but for the sake of discussion, I'm not telling who)

In selection screen order:

Marth

good overall, no glaring weaknesses but gets camped easily, he's Marth

Mr. GaW

quick, versatile, has strong smashes, massive improvement

Pit

can spam his arrows, has some nice moves, good aggressive edgeguard, great bair, good recovery if not left open to gimping

Meta Knight

counters many characters, quick, great priority, insane recovery, lacks finishers, nice edgeguard game to compensate.

Snake

powerful, nice range, lots of options, great explosives

Dedede

strong, good range, has some quick moves that raise his speed, can edgeguard from off of the stage like pit and meta

Wolf

fast, powerful moves, good approach, does not like being gimped but has a couple of ways to get around it

Toon Link

aerials combo into each other, great recovery, good projectiles

Olimar

nice combos, strong, great range, gets gimped easily

Lucas

wavebounce and zap jump greatly improve his game, powerful, good priority, good control

I'm in no way saying any of these is definite top tier or that these are the only ones who can be considered top tier (half of them are asking for high tier anyway). I'm just contributing to the discussion.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
OK, I'm Revising my list according to my general thoughts and feelings lately.

SS Rating:
1.Luigi
2.Marth
3.DDD
4.Olimar
5.Toon link +1
6.PT -1

S Rating:
7.Meta knight
8.Diddy
9.Pit
10.Wolf
11.GaW +1
12.Zamus -1

A Rating:
13.R.O.B
14.Ice Climbers +1
15.Ike +1
16.Snake +1
17.Lucas +1
18.Zelda -4
19.Pikachu +5
20.Falco -1
21.Wario
22.Peach
23.Mario -3
24.Lucario -1
25.Fox +2

B Rating:
26.Kirby -1
27.Sonic -1
28.Bowser
29.Ness
30.Samus
31.Link
32.Shiek

C Rating:
33.Falcon
34.Gannon
35.Yoshi
36.DK
37.Jigglypuff

Biggest changes: Zelda is not as good as I thought she is, Pikachu is much better than I knew, fox is better than I figured. and most others is just slight balancing of my earlier opinions.

comments anyone?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I.T.P, I still have trouble with your list(been a while huh?) and my biggest problems right now are Jiggs and Kirby. Jiggs is NOT the worst character in the game, not by a long shot. Despite her general Nerfs she is still one of the best defensive/combo characters in the game. Her air game is still one of the best in smash PERIOD and her pound attack is one of the best approaches in the game. Its range is huge and despite APPEARING to get weaker over time it's power/knock back stay constant. Her edgeguard game remains one of the best for obvious reasons. Her ground game leaves a little to be desired, but she arguably never really has to resort to the ground and if she does, her throws, jabs and Ftilt are all good at relieving pressure.

As for Kirby, I used to think he wasn't as good as people wanted to believe, now.....im a believer. The buffs to Final Cutter have made it amazingly spammable as it has huge amounts of priority and can even be used for projectile spam/pressure. His aerials are all great, high priority attacks and his Uair lends itself well to combos. The stone is useful for keeping pressure off of you when you've been knocked high as the new faster transformation times make it a little safer to use and the new Air hammer is AMAZING. And special note has to be given to his rapid jab combo. The vulcan jab has great range and is, of course, very hard to escape from. I never really thought of Kirby as high tier(even though I main him >.>) but Im begining to see the possibility.

Vegeta214

Smash Apprentice
Trying to make a complete list at this point is a waste of time. Let's discuss the top and high tiers for now. So why did you put

SS Rating:
1.Luigi
2.Marth
3.DDD
4.Olimar
5.Toon link +1
6.PT -1

S Rating:
7.Meta knight
8.Diddy
9.Pit
10.Wolf
11.GaW +1
12.Zamus -1
in their respective tiers? A discussions is based on arguments people.

Biggest changes: Zelda is not as good as I thought she is, Pikachu is much better than I knew, fox is better than I figured. and most others is just slight balancing of my earlier opinions.
WHY is Zelda not as good as you thought, WHY are Pikachu and Fox better?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Hey Pinky!, it has been a While.

I.T.P, I still have trouble with your list(been a while huh?) and my biggest problems right now are Jiggs and Kirby.

Jiggs is NOT the worst character in the game, not by a long shot. Despite her general Nerfs she is still one of the best defensive/combo characters in the game. Her air game is still one of the best in smash PERIOD and her pound attack is one of the best approaches in the game. Its range is huge and despite APPEARING to get weaker over time it's power/knock back stay constant. Her edgeguard game remains one of the best for obvious reasons. Her ground game leaves a little to be desired, but she arguably never really has to resort to the ground and if she does, her throws, jabs and Ftilt are all good at relieving pressure.
Ok, it seems we have a huge disagreement here. let me give you a few facts to consider:
Jiggs is easiest to KO from both the top and the side.
Jiggs lost a lot of Damage and knockback on many of her moves, resulting in a huge crash in her defensive abilities.
Jiggs Aerial control was reduced, and although is still high, the reduced knockback from her moves, along with new recovery mechanics, makes her much worse than she used to be.

Jiggs B moves all suffered substantial nerfs, starting from the rest,pound,rollout and only the sleep got an improvement, but still sucks.

overall jiggs now doesn't match up well to anyone as much as she used to, even other C rated characters **** her IMO.

As for Kirby, I used to think he wasn't as good as people wanted to believe, now.....im a believer. The buffs to Final Cutter have made it amazingly spammable as it has huge amounts of priority and can even be used for projectile spam/pressure. His aerials are all great, high priority attacks and his Uair lends itself well to combos. The stone is useful for keeping pressure off of you when you've been knocked high as the new faster transformation times make it a little safer to use and the new Air hammer is AMAZING. And special note has to be given to his rapid jab combo. The vulcan jab has great range and is, of course, very hard to escape from. I never really thought of Kirby as high tier(even though I main him >.>) but Im begining to see the possibility.
we seem to have a disagreement here as well, though I'm much less knowledgable about kirby, I feel that his buffs don't amount to his overall potential compared to other characters, he's very good, but everyone is very good. as far as I've seen, he's more in the mediocre territory, someone had to go from A to B...

It's very possible that I'm wrong, these are all predictions and feelings. nothing here is set in stone.

Trying to make a complete list at this point is a waste of time. Let's discuss the top and high tiers for now. So why did you put

in their respective tiers? A discussions is based on arguments people.

WHY is Zelda not as good as you thought, WHY are Pikachu and Fox better?
now see here Mr. DBZ fan, you joined this discussion a little late, if you'll look back you'll see many of these assumptions and questions you're looking for have allready been made and answered, and I feel that after playing this game for around a month and a half(though I've only had my own copy for a couple of days)

bah, I just wrote down many of these and my post messed up, I'll re-write it later...

Vegeta214

Smash Apprentice
Ive been playing since the release of the japanese version too. The reason why I didn't post here until now is because people have been making statements here without backing them up with arguments while not even having played the game. I hope that will change now that most people here have it themselves. And obviously it doesn't apply to you since you've had hands on experience for months too, so no offense. I guess I'm just a little pissed at the fanboyism and lack of arguments in this thread. And just for the record, I'm not the one who gave me this nickname.

I still think that we should discuss the high end of the list first since the strongest characters stand out first. So lets hear what your opinions are.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
I.T.P. I haven't read through every page of the thread, but I was just wondering what puts Luigi on your SS rating? As I'm a Luigi mainer, I'd be interested in hearing your comments.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Ive been playing since the release of the japanese version too. The reason why I didn't post here until now is because people have been making statements here without backing them up with arguments while not even having played the game. I hope that will change now that most people here have it themselves. And obviously it doesn't apply to you since you've had hands on experience for months too, so no offense. I guess I'm just a little pissed at the fanboyism and lack of arguments in this thread. And just for the record, I'm not the one who gave me this nickname.

I still think that we should discuss the high end of the list first since the strongest characters stand out first. So lets hear what your opinions are.
I never said I have any priviliges that others don't have, and my post wasn't supposed to be offensive, I was using sarcasm as a humour tool, I'm a DBZ fan myself.

I did state arguments for 99% of my choices, I just don't have the time and will to rewrite them again just because you or someone else missed them, I try not to be fanboyish and favour characters out of my own liking, but instead I look at other lists, vids, players, ideas and more and try to put together the best thing I can.

@Bane: Luigi is a lean mean green combo machine, with his Utilts, Uairs, Usmashes, Jab and Jab cancel Fire punch combos

he also has great priority, 0 lag and OMFG speed on his aerials. his recovery has also been massively boosted, with having green missile,tornado and firepunch which now actually has very good aerial control afterwards, as opposed to ~0 aerial control in SSBM.

he's got it all, he's only lacking in the range department, and his priorities and Fsmash make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom