• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
Top:
Snake
Metaknight

Both have a lot of good match-ups, very few bad match-ups, and have the two best tournament records to date, not much can be argued here.

High:
Game & Watch
Marth
Falco
King Dedede
R.O.B.

GW has one of the best sets of overall match-ups in the game with a staggering amount of good match-ups, he also goes even with both Snake and MK, and has the sixth best tournament record. Marth does well against the majority of characters but has a bad match-up against Snake, he also has the fourth best tournament record. Although Falco's tournament record is only average, he does dominate quite a bit of characters and goes even with both Snake and Mk. DDD has the third best tournament record and has actually one more tournament wins than MK, but he does have quite a few bad match-ups. Just like DDD, ROB has several bad match-ups but has a good tournament record resting at seventh place.
Marth bad match-ups are snake,falco, and ROB which all consistently place place on many tier lists created by knowledgeable people. However, DDD deserves that fourth spot because he wins tournaments while marth places high but doesent win that many,(since he gets so many top 4/8 placings I believe he should go under characters that consistently win tournaments, so switching DDD and marth would make sense in my opinion,however yours does point out that marth has over on the the best match-ups overall in brawl,)G&W and DDD for the top of the high with falco/marth in the middle of the top and Rob and the bottom of the high tier in my opinion would show their true potencial in our current meta-game(DDD overides this rule, beacuse his CG just plainly wins tournaments so his potencial is shown by his placing in tournaments not his matychups thats just my opinion thogh)

Kaizo

Smash Apprentice
AUTOMATIC FAILURE

And who the hell is venusaur?
lmao venusaur

but I wouldn't freak out at the sight of Ike being really high, although it's a stretch. I'd say he's at the point where he could compete with any character. I don't know if he could compete with Snake, but he could with everyone else, with promising results. The fact that a lot of his attacks are so strong (damaging and with good knockback) slightly compensates for the fact that he can't afford to make a whole lot of mistakes. And he does have some speed, and with proper use of lagless nairs you can actually put together a pressuring game of sorts.

But venusaur....that sort of kills YOUR credibility there, bluebolt =/

I know that, I just cant decide which one is better, the light one or the heavy stronger one

I lol'd hardcore

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
lmao venusaur

but I wouldn't freak out at the sight of Ike being really high, although it's a stretch. I'd say he's at the point where he could compete with any character. I don't know if he could compete with Snake, but he could with everyone else, with promising results. The fact that a lot of his attacks are so strong (damaging and with good knockback) slightly compensates for the fact that he can't afford to make a whole lot of mistakes. And he does have some speed, and with proper use of lagless nairs you can actually put together a pressuring game of sorts.

But venusaur....that sort of kills YOUR credibility there, bluebolt =/

I lol'd hardcore
sorry I'm addicted to saying venusaur instead xD

Kaizo

Smash Apprentice
Samus is NOT high tier.
The color of your name is flamboyantly homosexual, just like your Brawl main :lick:

lol...Samus is NOT high tier, I wouldn't say she was much better than mid, probably in low, but I couldn't say for sure.

Kaizo

Smash Apprentice
I know that, I just cant decide which one is better, the light one or the heavy stronger one
I'm sorry guys, but this made me lol so ****ing hard, I just wish someone would quote the entire post in their sig for me :)

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
The color of your name is flamboyantly homosexual, just like your Brawl main :lick:

lol...Samus is NOT high tier, I wouldn't say she was much better than mid, probably in low, but I couldn't say for sure.
higher is the real high lol.
(or I COULD have higher mid and lower mid. lol)
my arangements
top 7
higher 6
high 5
middle 4
low 3
lower 2
bottom 1

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
But that could be said about everyone higher than her on ther tier list >_>
Took the words right outta my freakin' mouth.
Trust me...I'll bet that no one, and I mean NO ONE wants to see Samus high on the tier-list more than I do. I'm basically the Emblem Lord of Samus. But even I admit it. She's lower-mid tier. She'd be a lot better if she could kill worth a crap, but there's no sense in dabbling in what-ifs, is there?

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
Took the words right outta my freakin' mouth.
Trust me...I'll bet that no one, and I mean NO ONE wants to see Samus high on the tier-list more than I do. I'm basically the Emblem Lord of Samus. But even I admit it. She's lower-mid tier. She'd be a lot better if she could kill worth a crap, but there's no sense in dabbling in what-ifs, is there?
waaaaah! you didnt even tell me the bad points of her (well, she is pretty slow for one. lol)

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
I wish that were true, but Samus is really very bad in this game... it makes me sad how much she was nerfed, when she was perfectly balanced before.
how bad was it? I never really knew much about samus x3
(also her B move should be twice as fast, not even that powerful anyway l=7)

isomorphism

Smash Cadet
Her bombs are also almost totally useless now, the charge shot has way too low priority, and the lack of wavedashing really hurts her approach. Honestly I'd say the only thing that's even keeping her tourney-viable at this point is the Z-air, and people have figured how to get around it for the most part. Brawl Samus is way worse than she should be :(

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Holy ****......EL when did you become a SBR member?

like..... dayum........
Him being in the SBR prolly means that he'll get pissed off at every one of us less often. Honestly I saw it coming tho.

Samus' problems are that both of her projectiles were nerfed, her KO potential is very lacking, she can't do much about characters above her, and her recovery isn't as stellar as before now that everyone is floaty.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Is it honestly neccessary to have a signature that big just to say, "Hey, play a lot of characters!"?

You could hyperlink your signature to a list, but I don't think that many people really care if Lucas is one of your secondaries out of context.

isomorphism

Smash Cadet
Oh, and her recovery / floatiness which was extremely good in comparison to most characters in Melee? Totally average in Brawl, so she doesn't even have that advantage like she used to. Samus was hit with the nerf bat extremely hard, for no apparent reason whatsoever. It isn't as bad as what happened to Captain Falcon, but it's still pretty terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom