• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evla

Smash Cadet
Right, I only throw the whole "I'm from the East Coast so I own you" thing around because I'm not too bad, and because...well...I can (throw it around, I might own you too, but I can't entirely prove it from here):)

I think he's laughing because chozen is also from PA. And he doesn't suck because he's from PA, he sucks because his tier list was created from personal experience :lick:
I suck because of that? Wow kid thats really nice for you to say that. Hey I was just stating my opinion. If i'm wrong or my tier list sucks then so be it. Just because my tier list sucks doesn't mean i'm not a good player. Hmmm maybe i should start playin online again and just hit u up and i could just prove it. But then again i don't want to deal with all that lag. Oh well I'm a good player and if you don't think so fine. I was just tryin to jump in the conversation. Well if your so smart please tell me what u think then. Oh and by the way who do you main? Because i'm pretty sure i would kick ur mains *** wit Shiek

I edited it. also by taking it seriously I mean, making fun of someone for, say, using bowser or ganon
Problem is, almost no one does that in the competitive comunnity does that. If they do, a majority of the time they're joking.

Sure you may have that one annoying friend that does do that, but tell him to read the exact definition of what Tiers are and how they work.

And I wouldn't **** with Kaizo/Bdawg, he may be loudmouthed at times, but he's pretty **** good from what I know.

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
G&W top tiers reasons

weapons block most projectiles!
high K.O
projectiles
good attack speed
drop attack
bucket

Evla

Smash Cadet
My new, ultimate tier list.

TOP:

Snake
Meta Knight
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

HIGH:

Toon Link
Pikachu
King Dedede
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Captian Olimar
Kirby
Pit

MIDDLE:

Wario
Diddy Kong
Fox
Bowser
Zamus
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Lucas
Zelda
Lucario
Mario
Yoshi
Ness

LOW:

Pokemon Trainer
Peach
Ike
Samus
Sonic
Link

BOTTOM:

Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Captian Falcon
Dude you forgot to put Shiek!!!!!!!!

Corigames

Smash Hero
Wow kid thats really nice for you to say that. Hey I was just stating my opinion. If i'm wrong or my tier list sucks then so be it. Just because my tier list sucks doesn't mean i'm not a good player. Hmmm maybe i should start playin online again and just hit u up and i could just prove it. But then again i don't want to deal with all that lag. Oh well I'm a good player and if you don't think so fine. I was just tryin to jump in the conversation. Well if your so smart please tell me what u think then. Oh and by the way who do you main? Because i'm pretty sure i would kick ur mains *** wit Shiek
I like how you call him a kid and then say all that stuff about beating him online.

You really showed how much better than him you were. I'll tell you, I wouldn't want to face you after all of those shallow, meaningless threats. I'd hate to be your enemy.

The lesson of today:
Let your balls drop before you try to **** someone.

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
idk, ribs a bit slow for high tier. but he does have good recovery and a long range weapon. this thang needs disscushun

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
I like how you call him a kid and then say all that stuff about beating him online.

You really showed how much better than him you were. I'll tell you, I wouldn't want to face you after all of those shallow, meaningless threats. I'd hate to be your enemy.

The lesson of today:
Let your balls drop before you try to **** someone.
*chuckle* I guess your defending him.

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
meta knight is acctually almost JUST top tier, cuz you can still attack before he does, ya know, and he has no projectiles!

Kaizo

Smash Apprentice
I suck because of that? Wow kid thats really nice for you to say that. Hey I was just stating my opinion. If i'm wrong or my tier list sucks then so be it. Just because my tier list sucks doesn't mean i'm not a good player. Hmmm maybe i should start playin online again and just hit u up and i could just prove it. But then again i don't want to deal with all that lag. Oh well I'm a good player and if you don't think so fine. I was just tryin to jump in the conversation. Well if your so smart please tell me what u think then. Oh and by the way who do you main? Because i'm pretty sure i would kick ur mains *** wit Shiek
Look, you said your tier list was from personal experience, right? Well your tier list blows complete ***, even without nit-picking, which I do a lot of *cough**DK**MK**cough*. The fact that your experience tells you that all the ****ty characters are actually the best pretty much dictates that you must suck at this game.

It's like the old saying goes, it is better to have everyone think you suck at Brawl, than to post a tier list and remove all doubt.

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
Look, you said your tier list was from personal experience, right? Well your tier list blows complete ***, even without nit-picking, which I do a lot of *cough**DK**MK**cough*. The fact that your experience tells you that all the ****ty characters are actually the best pretty much dictates that you must suck at this game.

It's like the old saying goes, it is better to have everyone think you suck at Brawl, than to post a tier list and remove all doubt.
please! everyone stop fighting! D:

Evla

Smash Cadet
meta knight is acctually almost JUST top tier, cuz you can still attack before he does, ya know, and he has no projectiles!
I just can't see MT at top tier. Yes he has great combo ability and edgeguarding. But I just can't see it happening. High tier sure top tier nah

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
Problem is, almost no one does that in the competitive comunnity does that. If they do, a majority of the time they're joking.

Sure you may have that one annoying friend that does do that, but tell him to read the exact definition of what Tiers are and how they work.

And I wouldn't **** with Kaizo/Bdawg, he may be loudmouthed at times, but he's pretty **** good from what I know.
I see good sir.

also in brawl I can be clumsy without tripping -.- lol

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
I just can't see MT at top tier. Yes he has great combo ability and edgeguarding. But I just can't see it happening. High tier sure top tier nah
maybe in between xD
I might change my main to g+w, found I was better with him.

Kaizo

Smash Apprentice
I'm confused....is he calling Meta Knight MT?

Anyway, I main MK, so I know for a fact that he's, like, the top 2, possibly the flat out best.

EDIT: bluebolt, a tip....tab your replies so if your internet stalls, you don't have to resubmit your post....you can just reload the other page and see if your post went through....it's troublesome when your internet has a heart attack, but double posting is against forum rules, so it sucks when it's not really your fault.

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
Top:
Snake
Metaknight

Both have a lot of good match-ups, very few bad match-ups, and have the two best tournament records to date, not much can be argued here.

High:
Game & Watch
Marth
Falco
King Dedede
R.O.B.

GW has one of the best sets of overall match-ups in the game with a staggering amount of good match-ups, he also goes even with both Snake and MK, and has the sixth best tournament record. Marth does well against the majority of characters but has a bad match-up against Snake, he also has the fourth best tournament record. Although Falco's tournament record is only average, he does dominate quite a bit of characters and goes even with both Snake and Mk. DDD has the third best tournament record and has actually one more tournament wins than MK, but he does have quite a few bad match-ups. Just like DDD, ROB has several bad match-ups but has a good tournament record resting at seventh place.

High-Mid:
Wolf
Pikachu
Toon Link
Donkey Kong
Wario

Wolf and Pika both have fairly good match-ups and tournament placings. Although TL has good match-ups he hasn't done that well in tournaments. DK has done fairly well at tournaments and goes even against several of the top/high tier characters but he has several bad match-ups against everyone else. Wario's match-ups are average for the most part but he has the fifth best tournament record so far.

Mid:
Ice Climbers
Diddy Kong
Lucas
Lucario
Pit
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Luigi
Sheik
Ike
Kirby
Ness

For the most part these characters have average match-ups and tournament placings. Most are at a disadvantage against the top/high tier characters and have several other factors holding them back.

Low-Mid:
Peach
Mario
Bowser
Samus
Link

These characters have lots of bad match-ups and poor tournament placings.

Low:
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Sonic
Yoshi

Bottom:
Captain Falcon

These characters simply have pathetic match-ups and tournament placings. Only reason CF is off in a tier by himself is because he simply doesn't have a good match-up, he hardly even has even match-ups. I also ranked PT as a whole just to please the PT players and stop them from whining.

Kaizo

Smash Apprentice
maybe top is too top? there should be 5 characters in 7 tiers groups (vice versa) so... yeah.. maybe he is.
I wouldn't say that....the whole point of "tiers" is to determine the separation between groups of characters. Think about it....you're saying that a character is "on another level" or "in another tier altogether".

EDIT: CT, how exactly is Jiggs better than Falcon again? I'd say that Falcon is harder to kill (or they're about the same, taking into account that Falcon's recovery isn't too good, and Jiggs dies at, what, 10% ? ;) each fails in his own rite as far as living). Both have really ****ty ground games, and decent air games, but Falcon has better options for killing, and at least something resembling range. His ftilt, although kind of useless, is still a lot more range than Jiggs has, and at least lets him stop a few ground approaches, as long as they're not disjointed or a projectile or, well, an actual ground game. Neither of them seem to have good matchups to me, yet Falcon has a good matchup against Jiggs. Why is Falcon under Jiggs, and why isn't Jiggs in bottom tier?

Evla

Smash Cadet
I'm confused....is he calling Meta Knight MT?

Anyway, I main MK, so I know for a fact that he's, like, the top 2, possibly the flat out best.

EDIT: bluebolt, a tip....tab your replies so if your internet stalls, you don't have to resubmit your post....you can just reload the other page and see if your post went through....it's troublesome when your internet has a heart attack, but double posting is against forum rules, so it sucks when it's not really your fault.
Holy s*** I did call MK MT lol. Nah but. If don't like how i put the tier list then fine. Go ahead I know what I can do in the game. You are just like all the other trash players out there. If i don't know what i'm talkin about i suck right. But your wrong. So I don't look into the tier list as much as you guys. so what. It doesn't mean my suck at the game. My tier list does suck sure whatever. I really don't care

Kaizo

Smash Apprentice
Holy s*** I did call MK MT lol. Nah but. If don't like how i put the tier list then fine. Go ahead I know what I can do in the game. You are just like all the other trash players out there. If i don't know what i'm talkin about i suck right. But your wrong. So I don't look into the tier list as much as you guys. so what. It doesn't mean my suck at the game. My tier list does suck sure whatever. I really don't care
Can I play you? I mean, I'll try not to tornado too much, since it breaks wifi a bit, and since I never used to when I played on wifi....as long as the connection isn't under yellow, we can probably have a half-decent game. I just want to see how you play.

Corigames

Smash Hero
The only negative that you can place on MK is that he dies at lower percents. But does that really matter when he doesn't get hit?

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
ROB is too good. honestly WTFFFFF

marth is okay this game, ddd is good, toon , G&w and maybbe pika even makes high

top are def. MK and snake both obviously the 2 best chars.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
ROB is too good. honestly WTFFFFF

marth is okay this game, ddd is good, toon , G&w and maybbe pika even makes high

top are def. MK and snake both obviously the 2 best chars.
Marth is overrated. And by that, I mean people whine about him too much.
Marth is good.
His tiara is pretty.
Deal with it.

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
my tier list (or just what I'm better with anyway)

top:
G&W
snake
kirby
metaknight
rob

higher:
falco
fox
zelda
shiek
lucas
DDD
marth
pikachu

high:
link
toon link
wolf
diddy kong
ness
ice climbers
pit
ike
samus

middle:
mario
luigi
donkey kong
charizard
squirtle
peach

low:
bowser
lucario
ivysaur
jigglypuff

lower:
ganondork

bottom:
craptain falcon

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
Tiers aren't divided based on numerical equality. A tier is cutoff when the gap between the last character in that tier & the first character in the next tier is sufficiently large.
yes ive only realised that when making my list xD

gallax

Smash Hero
y are we arguing MK's place on the tier list? he is a top tier charcter. you can go by pretty much everything right now b/c it all points to him being one of the best.

and TL>>Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom