• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manny G.

Smash Journeyman
My Speculatory Tier List for Brawl:

Top Tier:

Falco
Fox

High Tier:

Marth
Game and Watch
Metaknight
Toon Link
Snake
Ike

Mid-High Tier:

Lucario
R.O.B.
Zelda
Sheik
Diddy Kong
ZSS
Olimar
Ice Climbers
Peach
Jigglypuff

Middle Tier:

Luigi
Mario
Wolf
Wario
Samus
Pit
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer

Low Tier:

Kirby
Captain Falcon
Sonic
King DeDeDe
Link
Yoshi
Lucas
Ness

Bottom Tier:

Bowser
DK
Ganondorf

This is what I think...please give some feedback..I know its different from other tier lists.
Marth, Shiek and Wolf should be at top
Sonic should be mid and WTF is Bowser and DK doing at tha bottom, they own.
Seriously Falco leetness

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
@ Manny: Wolf and Sheik no. Sonic debatable.

@SaxDude: Ah, that's a bit of a clear-up. I'm still sort of skeptical on whether Pikman beats him, because that thread says it is your "main goal to outcamp him". That one might vary from person to person.

Dexter Morgan

Smash Apprentice
So you guys are going to let .2 % of the gaming population dictate which characters are considered useful in your eyes? Do your self a favor and play a character and give them sufficient time. Automatically shrugging of a character off as "low tier" does nothing, as previously stated many of you do not bother to even give them a shot or adequate time.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
^^ I'd like to know which character(s) people are "shrugging off as low tier". The only one I can think of is Peach.

So you guys are going to let .2 % of the gaming population dictate which characters are considered useful in your eyes? Do your self a favor and play a character and give them sufficient time. Automatically shrugging of a character off as "low tier" does nothing, as previously stated many of you do not bother to even give them a shot or adequate time.

Trust me, not only have at played throughly with a great majority of the Cast in the game (Peach and Marth are the only two really I haven't played much at all with), I actually use facts to back it up.

CF used to be my secondary in Melee, when I tried playing him in Brawl, the longer I played with him, the more I realized how bad he's become.

It's not personal bias or anything of the sort. Some characters are just bad. We can tell this from the data we have come up with from Matchups, Tourney outings, and overall character perception.

Thing is, most of the people who defend such characters don't seem to realize that SOMEONE has to be at the bottom. This isn't the Sakurai Tier list, where everyone is equal

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I'm just gonna waltz in here and say Luigi will be mid-low tier. People say he's alot better than in melee, but his aerials were several nerfed, save the sex kick. He's still fairly laggy, some of his attacks are slower, and his low traction hurts him. His B moves were somewhat buffed, but not even to make up for his aerials.

All in all, I was kind of disappointed. Sorry if old :p

enemyoftime

Smash Rookie
Guys ever person is going to have their own tier list. We all use different characters as our mains and are pretty biased towards them and we also suck with other characters and are going to put them at the bottom. ehh whatever hers mine for fun.

Top Tier

Falco
Snake
PIt

High Tier

Kirby
Marth
Pikachu
Sonic
Ike
Toon Link
Zelda
Lucas
Zero Suit Samus

Mid Tier

Luigi
Pokemon Trainer
Ness
Link
Wario
Fox
Diddy Kong
Ice Climbers
Meta Knight
Jigglypuff
Wolf
Samus
Lucario
Sheik

Low Tier

R.O.B.
DK
Yoshi
Peach
Olimar
Bowser
KIng DDD

Bottom Tier

Capt. Falcon
Ganondorf​

This is in descending order. Lemme know what you think.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
My Speculatory Tier List for Brawl:

Top Tier:

Falco
Fox

High Tier:

Marth
Game and Watch
Metaknight
Toon Link
Snake
Ike

Mid-High Tier:

Lucario
R.O.B.
Zelda
Sheik
Diddy Kong
ZSS
Olimar
Ice Climbers
Peach
Jigglypuff

Middle Tier:

Luigi
Mario
Wolf
Wario
Samus
Pit
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer

Low Tier:

Kirby
Captain Falcon
Sonic
King DeDeDe
Link
Yoshi
Lucas
Ness

Bottom Tier:

Bowser
DK
Ganondorf

This is what I think...please give some feedback..I know its different from other tier lists.

DK should be much higher. He's quick and he's got great range and priority and his really strong. His f-tilt stops him from being camped as easily as power. He's big and his vertical recovery sucks but he's still a good character that deserves mid tier.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
no, people will have their own notions of who they think is good.

There will be one official tier list, and it's hopefully gonna be as in-depth as they can get, which no offence, is much moreso than 95% of this thread.

(directed at kirby avvy person--enemyoftime?)

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
So people can talk about tiers and Brawl without getting killed? Awesome!

From what I here...

High (Not necessarily top)

Marth
Wolf
Fox
Falco
Mario
Bowser
Dedede
Sonic
Meta Knight
I like this list, it is good although i believe that either you put luigi in here, since he is about the same or better as mario, or take mario out of this list since he and luigi were meant to be mid-tier because they are like the standard for this series. I also think that snake should be on this list, because although he is slow, he has great projectiles and god smash attacks okay throws. I think also that zss could be on this list because of her smash attacks, especially down, and also her aerial attacks are good to knock opponents back up into the air to not let them hit the ground and score a KO. Nice list though.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Geeze, where the hell did ROB come from? I remember no one liked him at all, but my friend used him and I kept thinking he was pretty good. Now all the sudden he's accepted as top tier?!?!!?
I cannot see ROB as top tier at all. i know many people think he is pretty good, personally i know i am fairly biased towards him because i feel he is annoying, but he should be mid tier at best. deletedmember, i agree with you.

SaxDude93

Smash Apprentice
Guys ever person is going to have their own tier list. We all use different characters as our mains and are pretty biased towards them and we also suck with other characters and are going to put them at the bottom. ehh whatever hers mine for fun.

Top Tier

Falco
Snake
PIt

High Tier

Kirby
Marth
Pikachu
Sonic
Ike
Toon Link
Zelda
Lucas
Zero Suit Samus

Mid Tier

Luigi
Pokemon Trainer
Ness
Link
Wario
Fox
Diddy Kong
Ice Climbers
Meta Knight
Jigglypuff
Wolf
Samus
Lucario
Sheik

Low Tier

R.O.B.
DK
Yoshi
Peach
Olimar
Bowser
KIng DDD

Bottom Tier

Capt. Falcon
Ganondorf​

This is in descending order. Lemme know what you think.
Ugh. Someoneelse can rip apart this though.

Good Points
-Falcon in Bottom

Bad Points
-IKE. IN. HIGH. TIER.
-SONIC. IN. HIGH. TIER.
-Other good people in middle/low tier

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I MAIN Luigi, but I don't think he;s that good. He doesn't have pretty much anything on MK, and several others
see thats what i meant when i said either that or take mario off the list, depending on how good you think luigi is, you are also right that he does have nothing on MK, and i don't think he has anything on marth, toon link, or the space animal trio, as well as a few others.

I cannot see ROB as top tier at all. i know many people think he is pretty good, personally i know i am fairly biased towards him because i feel he is annoying, but he should be mid tier at best. deletedmember, i agree with you.

ROB is simply doing TOO WELL in Tourney and has too great of matchups to be "Mid Tier at best". Are you sure it's not more than "fairly biased". Because I can at least back up my statements with facts and proof.

Edit: Also, way to quote that old Tier posting from the very beginning of the topic. Not only is it relatively bad, it's came from when Brawl wasn't even out yet.....

ROB cannot be infinited by DDD. Only Mario, Luigi, Samus, DK, and Bowser can be infinted by DDD. Also I do admit I could be wrong.

Anyways, even if that was true, that doesn't stop him from being High/Top Tier at all.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Ugh. Someoneelse can rip apart this though.

Good Points
-Falcon in Bottom

Bad Points
-IKE. IN. HIGH. TIER.
-SONIC. IN. HIGH. TIER.
-Other good people in middle/low tier
i don't know why so many people think that sonic is high tier material. I'm okay with him, but I'm not great, and he is fast but you can fly of the stage if you aren't careful. He can be good, although i believe he has a fairly high learning curve because you must know how far you will go with his different attacks. Because of this possibility of flying off the stage, i like Ike because his side b will stop b4 you go off no matter how much you charge it. I agree with you SaxDude.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
amazing, a character can cg him. One bad matchup is horrible.

I think that top tier may be a bit too high, but then again, the difference between bottom of top and top of high is almost negligible >_>

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
ROB is simply doing TOO WELL in Tourney and has too great of matchups to be "Mid Tier at best". Are you sure it's not more than "fairly biased". Because I can at least back up my statements with facts and proof.

Edit: Also, way to quote that old Tier posting from the very beginning of the topic. Not only is it relatively bad, it's came from when Brawl wasn't even out yet.....
Alright, i admit i probably am more than "fairly biased," and since i have no real facts to back up my opinion, I can admit that I am wrong, but you must agree that he should not be in the highest tier, he should be at the lower high tier. I wonder NSS, who is your main?

St. Viers

Smash Champion
don't have a main yet, but I alternate between G&W, Wario, Bowser, and Marth.

For fun I pick random, but I like toon link, ike, kirby, pika, DK

BbqCombo

Smash Apprentice
WHo the hell keeps tihnking Sonic is high tier?
That's a great stretch considering how difficult he is to use.
The lack of priority moves. etc etc.
I completely agree.
Obviously almost or all posts here are affected by people's playstyles such as people saying GaW is low tier or high tier etc etc, it all depends on the person's playstyle. Like me not being able to use Pokemon Trainer dosnt mean he's low tier or that i should say he is, hes one of the most versatile characters in the game.

That being said, id like to warn all of you that the sun is dying and its all your fault :chuckle:

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
@ enemyoftime: Your list automatically fails, because it has Ike & Sonic in high tier. And wtf? ROB & Olimar in low?
your list does fail, enemyoftime. FOR THE LAST TIME, SONIC DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE IN HIGH TIER!!!!!! I disagree with Ike being in high tier being a problem, because although slow, he is still pretty good, maybe not high tier though. Unless you are good with Olimar, he should be low tier, but in the hands of a master, he can be very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom