• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
thats kind of a cool idea ..unlockable outfits ..like maybe even replace getting a lame *** trophy for beating allstar mode with wario ..you get his classic outfit
there would be a different outfit to unlock for each character for each game mode
that would be tight. Think of Mario's "Strikers" outfit for Brawl......yea....:)

travis.luckiest

Smash Apprentice
that would be tight. Think of Mario's "Strikers" outfit for Brawl......yea....:)
oh split ..the strikers charged outfit? ..that's almost be as baller as eating diamonds to make your dookie twinkle

that comes out in like two days doesn't it? ..i suggest anyone interested in brawl online to pick it up to maybe get an idea what the online might be like (i mean i know it won't be the exact same ..but probably similar)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
oh split ..the strikers charged outfit? ..that's almost be as baller as eating diamonds to make your dookie twinkle

that comes out in like two days doesn't it? ..i suggest anyone interested in brawl online to pick it up to maybe get an idea what the online might be like (i mean i know it won't be the exact same ..but probably similar)
ha ha:laugh: dookie twinkle, i remember that from Chappelle's Show. SKEET SKEET, WHAT, OK!!!

oh yeah, got it reserved. i expect many of you to play me on the first day

Sariku

Smash Master
I believe the Assist Tropheys are a fine idea. And even if you don't like the characters so far, think, we only seen about five, and there is easily many, many more to come. Also we don't know how they play IN GAME, as we havn't played it yet, so it could turn out much better than you think, but you just havn't used them before.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
I don't really like the assist trophies confirmed so far. I like the idea, but not the characters coming out if them.
I can agree to that. It's a good idea, but so far, the examples haven't really been the greatest. I like them, but I'm sure there can be better ones.

Anyhow, I'm sure there are plenty of great ideas out there for ATs that will happen...

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
So, which do you guys think is better: Poke Balls or Assist Trophies? I say Poke Balls AT THE MOMENT becaues of Deoxys. And Groudon.
Easily ATs, not a question.... I mean, Pokeballs are for Pokemon, but ATs are for Nintendo's Greatest Characters of all time (that couldn't be playable for Smash, lol)

travis.luckiest

Smash Apprentice
i don't like the assist trophies taking up potential killer updates ..especially friday updates ..i'm prob one of the few who even know who fighter joe is ..and i don't really want to see him as an update
(if he was a full on newcomer then it might be a bit different)

Toilet Paper

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, AT's are pretty sweet. They will have characters that are awesome, but not playable. I think that's pretty awesome. But until I see better ones, I'm sticking with poke balls.

Gotta go. Peace....

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
dr. wright is by no means one of nintendo's greatest characters of all time -_-

i dont know who knuckle joe is so i didnt really care

samurai goroh is just fat and wears pink so i automatically hate him

right now im not a fan of AT but once i see a familiar face im sure ill welcome them with open arms

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Well...although I don't think that we have any characters by Nintendo that are SUPER AMAZING, I wouldn't be surprized to see one come up soon that would be awesome...

Just because we only have 5 ATs confirmed so far (I guess there will probably be around 100) doesn't mean that ATs will suck, I'm looking forward to what they have to offer, but I do have to agree to the fact that these (and Pokemon updates) are the updates I look forward to least (other than maybe updates like You Must Recover)

McShine

Smash Rookie
Easily ATs, not a question.... I mean, Pokeballs are for Pokemon, but ATs are for Nintendo's Greatest Characters of all time (that couldn't be playable for Smash, lol)
I agree, ATs seem to be much more "important" so you can say. This is because as stated it belongs to the greatest of the Nintendo characters which many more are still to be confirmed and revealed for the new Brawl title.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Just because we only have 5 ATs confirmed so far (I guess there will probably be around 100) doesn't mean that ATs will suck, I'm looking forward to what they have to offer, but I do have to agree to the fact that these (and Pokemon updates) are the updates I look forward to least (other than maybe updates like You Must Recover)
100 ATs? That's just to much. They probably will have 30-40 tops. They are also adding Pokeballs you know, so they can't just blow out all the memory on that stuff.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Hmm... Theres still a couple things that they haven't revealed from the trailers to the website...

I'm still waiting for these:

1) Metaknight
2) Unknown Castle (interior)
3) Unknown Castle (exterior)
4) Mario Kart Stage
5) Pokemon Stadium
6) Nintendog (how it really works)

Hope that they show one of these soon..

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Hmm... Theres still a couple things that they haven't revealed from the trailers to the website...

I'm still waiting for these:

1) Metaknight
2) Unknown Castle (interior)
3) Unknown Castle (exterior)
4) Mario Kart Stage
5) Pokemon Stadium
6) Nintendog (how it really works)

Hope that they show one of these soon..
well the nintendog seems to just block the battle. i mean sakurai stated it himself in the assist trophy blog. but yeah, we're still missing some key points from the trailers

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
100 ATs? That's just to much. They probably will have 30-40 tops. They are also adding Pokeballs you know, so they can't just blow out all the memory on that stuff.
Okay...maybe not 100, but I wouldn't be surprized about 50. They have a lot of memory to go on with the space on the Wii Optical Discs btw. The Gamcube discs could only hold 1.5 GB, while the Wii Optical Discs can now hold 4.7 GB or 8.5 GB if they make it duel layered.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Well, some source said it was an HD-DVD, with a base storage of around 8 GB. Actually, the only storage possibility.

But I'll have to check it up on the interwebs to see what kinds of storage method is used.

EDIT:

It seems you are right, this source looks reliable, since it matches with the Wiikipedia spec info:

http://www.maxconsole.net/?newsid=8802

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
It isn't the greatest. You can edit everything on the sight. I still think it is ok though, since it seems most people don't bull**** on that sight
Sorry, but I am going to have to disagree with you for the most part...
Ok, there are vandilizers on the site, I've seen it. But out of the hours and hours of time I've spent researching on Wikipedia, I've only seen it being vandilized once, and this was recently, and it was very obvious. It was the article on Mario btw, lol. And it was fixed within 5 mins. easily. When articles do get vandilized too much, they are blocked, and only long-time regstered users can change them. I think the idea behind Wikipedia is great, and people who want to disagree with me are welcome to, but I think if you get to know Wikipedia better, you'll find that it really is a good resource.

Anyway... that aside, what do you guys think tonights/tomorrows update will be?
I really hope it continues the ??? update, but it might be Music or something...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
sometimes the vandalized stuff gets way out of proportion and doesn't have anything to do with the article. i agree wiki is a great source. but it's good that they can block stuff so no one can vadalize it.

as for tonight, i either see a character, music, or another item

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I'm going to say a character for tonights update, maybe C.Flacon it's about time, don't you think. I'm hoping for the Ice Climbers, but I don't think this will happen.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to say a character for tonights update, maybe C.Flacon it's about time, don't you think. I'm hoping for the Ice Climbers, but I don't think this will happen.
I wish Ice Climbers, lol, but seeing as they only need Luigi, Capt. Falcon, Jigglypuff, and Ness to complete the original 12, I figure those will be the next veteran fighters to come.
Unless Ness gets replaced with Lucas, which I hope he does.
I suppose the next veteran fighter to come will be Capt. Falcon then.... but I don't tonight is a character update, (unless its like Special Moves or Final Smash or something), but we'll see...

Sandy

Smash Champion
Okay, one thing: Enough of this "Sonic has no moves" balder crap. Lemme tell y'all something.

Mario: Never had Mario Cyclone.
Dr. Mario: Never had ANY of his moves except for Mega vitamin.
Luigi: Never had Luigi Cyclone, Green Missile, and Fire Jump Punch.
Peach: Never had Peach Bomber, didn't officially have Toad.
Bowser: Never had Whirling Fortress.
Yoshi: Never had Yoshi Bomb.
DK: Never had Spinning Kong.
Zelda: Never had ANY of her moves except for Transform.
Fox: Never had Fire Fox.
Falco: Never had Fire Bird.
Ice Climbers: Never had Belay or Blizzard.

This list goes on, but do you get my point? They could add any attacks to Sonic's moveset that they think fit, cause nobody complained about PK Fire being given to Ness. (well, maybe some people >_> <_<)
Of course, this validates the possibility of Resetti... (whimper)

Oh yeah, and now that I've mentioned the Mario Tornado, I'm thinking that the move should be replaced with a Ground Pound. It's a real move from Mario games, and it would be suitable for a Down/B attack. Though they might not replace Luigi Cyclone if they do this, because for some reason they like to portray Luigi as some weirdo. (Ya seen his victory poses?)

*gasp* That was a long post.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
^^^

EXACTLY! This is what people have been needing to hear!
The ony thing you've left out is that Captain Falcon never really had any moves at all.
Mr. Game & Watch never really had attacks either.

Sakarai can make a Smasher out of anyone so 100% agreed to the above.

P.S. Next time, try to put this post in the Official Sonic Discussion in the Brawl Character Discussion Forum.

Sariku

Smash Master
Everyone please look at the main post. I added two stages to it, tell me how you like that layout for it. I will add more if you do, note that if you dont like It I may not change it still, but I like to hear opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom