• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Aww man.....there are sooo many Assist Trophies, all of which could take up sooo many updates....><

Not that I'm not grateful, but after the Footstool jump I was expecting something bigger....

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
I think it looked pretty clear the when you do a footstool jump to a grounded opponent, you just spring off of them, but it looked like it kinda leaves you stunned and bouncy (while still being planted on the ground) which might be a way to set up an aerial attack like footstool jump, ff, dair for example. I would also expect the meteor smash footstool to be kind of hard to time, otherwise it will be spammed every time a person goes off the stage.

Hey LoneWolfe, what anime is that GIF from in your sig?

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
btw i think the foodstool jump doesnt inflict damage if your opponent is on the ground
what do you think

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
i like that he does 2 moves, so you can predict it
like when blastoise comes out, everybody jumps behind him

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i knew some sort of item would be shown this week. it's good that sakurai is including his own franchise moreso than the last two smash games. plus he has two diffrent attacks, so that's sweet

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
I think that items are at least better than those "how to play" updates, which don't really tell you anything that you're not going to figure out anyway when you play the game yourself...

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
I think it looked pretty clear the when you do a footstool jump to a grounded opponent, you just spring off of them, but it looked like it kinda leaves you stunned and bouncy (while still being planted on the ground) which might be a way to set up an aerial attack like footstool jump, ff, dair for example. I would also expect the meteor smash footstool to be kind of hard to time, otherwise it will be spammed every time a person goes off the stage.
Well stated.The other thing I was thinking in the other forums here is that there could be room for a risk/reward factor in going for the jumpstool techique,as it maybe a meteor attack you cannot cancel due to the level of diffcultly of performing it in live action.And since going for an"A" meteor is still hard but not as hard as the jumpstool,that can add more depth into the guess game aerial of things.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Wow...sweet friday update. We got an AT of a character that was never expected to be playable. It didn't answer any questions at all. I was expecting a cool friday update.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Awsome Knuckle Joe as an assit trophy is good enough for me! I wanted him as a playable but assit is good enough!

YEAH KNUCKLE JOE!

Rising Break is my favorite of his moves.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Thanks!

Knuckle Joe is my favorite Kirby enemy/ally. I can't believe he got replaced by that retared looking mole thing with the boxing gloves in amazing mirrior and squeak squad.

Gerakobittsu

Smash Cadet
Maybe it's because I don't play a lot of Kirby games, but I have no idea whether the red thing in front of Metaknight is part of Knuckle Joe's attack or something else. Does anyone know?

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Back on topic: Can you footstool jump off of an AT? o.O Probably not, but it just came to mind...
Hmm..... I doubt it..... but maybe some. Some Pokemon as well as some Ats will not be invincable, so maybe you could Footstool Jump off of them?

.......probably not....lol

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
jks.... I'd love to see that...
Lets see another topic... Oh, how many people think Gannondorf will accually transform into ganon, like bowser - giga. I've seen many people suggest this, but i don't see why any of the FS's have to be the same

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Lets see another topic... Oh, how many people think Gannondorf will accually transform into ganon, like bowser - giga. I've seen many people suggest this, but i don't see why any of the FS's have to be the same
Ya... everybody transforming would kind of suck, because it would be overdone. It would be called the Transform Ball, and not the Smash Ball. Fortunately, I doubt this is the case. I figure only a few characters will actually transform, and the ones that do, probably have some differences, for example, we already known that Giga Bowser transforms briefly, while Zamus transforms permanently, or at least for a long while anyway... some transformations may not need to do anything while it attacks everybody for you, while others you attack the way you want.

In any case, it shouldn't be too similar between characters, otherwise the Final Smash would totally lose it's idea.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
Ya... everybody transforming would kind of suck, because it would be overdone. It would be called the Transform Ball, and not the Smash Ball. Fortunately, I doubt this is the case. I figure only a few characters will actually transform, and the ones that do, probably have some differences, for example, we already known that Giga Bowser transforms briefly, while Zamus transforms permanently, or at least for a long while anyway... some transformations may not need to do anything while it attacks everybody for you, while others you attack the way you want.

In any case, it shouldn't be too similar between characters, otherwise the Final Smash would totally lose it's idea.

*Twilight Princess spoiler*
Yeah, i think the coolest thing gannondorf would get would be like, if the ghost knights that he summoned on the horseback part came through the stage multiple times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom