• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
This was a great update. So shut your cakeholes all you downers and complainers... ^.^

Yeah exactly, so we know he has some insight of the Competitive community
Meteor Smashes and the majority of advanced techs like that were actually made my the game designers. There are only a handful that the community discovered that are questionable whether the designers knew/intended them. Meteors are divulged for each character in the Nintendo Power guide for Melee.

I believe meteor smash is a term used by the game designers since at least Melee.
You're right.

was it really created by the designers? i thought it was fan made term
No, by the designers.

it's a fan made term. if it was created by designers it would b in the book dat tells u how to play or something
Nope, by the designers. WDing, DDing and the like are the few that are fan-made. Even ledge hogging, edge guarding, etc. are from the creators because you get bonuses for performing them.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Kinda Offtopic: Hey idk if this has been mentioned before, but Melee seemed to have forshadowed Pit's 'destiny' to be a playable character. On his trophy in Melee, after everything else, on the bottom is questions 'Will Pit ever fight again?', out of knowwhere. It doesn't have to do with any thing the rest of the trophy says really. IDK, just thought I'd mention it before I totally forgot about it, continue with discussion lol...

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Kinda Offtopic: Hey idk if this has been mentioned before, but Melee seemed to have forshadowed Pit's 'destiny' to be a playable character. On his trophy in Melee, after everything else, on the bottom is questions 'Will Pit ever fight again?', out of knowwhere. It doesn't have to do with any thing the rest of the trophy says really. IDK, just thought I'd mention it before I totally forgot about it, continue with discussion lol...
Ya I noticed that too... I think I saw another similar foreshadowing somewhere else, but I can't think of what it is now.......

Also looking forward to the new technique, I figure it should be pretty easy to dodge if someone's coming at you and about to jump, you can probably just roll out of the way. If not, that would kind of suck, because I don't want to see this being done every 2 seconds in the match. lol

dan smith

Smash Champion
Yeah, a lot of the trophies seem to allude to possible playable characters, I'm sure the designers liked making trophies to test out newly animating old characters.

On the topic of the Footstool Jump, which I already posted about in an independent thread, I believe it will at least be somewhat important. More often used than Wall Jumping in Melee. The MS does appear to be fairly weak, but that could make it a good combo component.

I wonder if it will do any damage, my instincts say no, or at least very little.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Not only that, but the back cover of Melee itself says "Nintendo's All-Stars in an all out BRAWL" or something like that....and there's a "Brawler" bonus...

back to the new update, I can only imagine playing a free for all and everyone jumping all over each other's heads XP. Awesome update.

EDIT: in the picture of Yoshi jumping on Wario, Wario definitely looks stunned/paralyzed....that means that the footstool jump would add whole new combos to be had.....hmmm

Engo

Smash Ace
Will the footstool jump be able to be done in the air? If so, then maybe you can regain one of your jumps after doing it meaning better/longer aerial combos. Just something that came to mind.

AAbatterie

Smash Apprentice
Will the footstool jump be able to be done in the air? If so, then maybe you can regain one of your jumps after doing it meaning better/longer aerial combos. Just something that came to mind.
Yeah I think it can be used in the air. If you look at the last pic in the update, Yoshi meteor smashed Wario, as stated in the caption. If this is true though, that means every character can spike a character down in the air. This kind of levels the playing field.

Salaad

Smash Ace
OMFG CAN THIS POST PLEASE GET US TO THE NEXT PAGE. I THINK I THREW UP STRBUCKS RIGHT NOW...Now Sakurai has kept his word, Brawl is more balanced because of the Meteor smashes.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
OMFG CAN THIS POST PLEASE GET US TO THE NEXT PAGE. I THINK I THREW UP STRBUCKS RIGHT NOW...Now Sakurai has kept his word, Brawl is more balanced because of the Meteor smashes.
Yeah, try to get it to the next page, i'm going to be sick. :urg:
Desu: you ***** ***** *** ***** spamer, stop with the ******* pic's, ****.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Yea it seems that Sakurai has kept his promise by balancing out the game

But since he said that these are Meteor Spikes and not Spikes in general, will and should these be cancellable at all or just act as a Spike, look at how Wario was sent flying downward

Also something to consider is will the heavier characters beable to send someone flying downward faster than the lighter characters... something to think about there lol

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i don't know what's happened since i was on here this morning, but there is a ton of spamming going around, and not the plain regular spam, but being banned spam.

i agree with chiyo, this is one time regular spamming is good. those pics are not pleasant to look at

The Bino

Smash Lord
So is there no debate on what i was talking about besides agreeing with it lol I understand the rush to get to the next page but you know for sure that someone is just going to quote that guy and it'll be on the next page

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
well, it's something to do and gets us to the next page anyway. hopefully whoever quotes it gets shot...in the balls, but hopefully no one does anyway

i do agree that heavier characters should have an advantage with the footstool, Bino. i mean a one ton lizard should send pichu farther than, well pichu

EDIT:ah ha, sweetness, no more weird spamming pics

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Seriously, why aren't the mods editing the posts to remove that crap??

Anyway, will we see the next continuation of the bizarre update from last week??

The Bino

Smash Lord
I highly doubt it.... Sakurai barely ever updates in sequence

Look at his Recovery update, only like half of it was explained, he didn't state anything about using certain special moves to assist your recovery, he just said jump and use ur ^B in a way

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Idk about you, but I'm still on the same page with the pictures...

EDIT: Vandalizers really tick me off! They just want attention, so they have to barge into a conversation so they can put in something disgusting.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
lol Fatemup u probably have what i have set, you see 40 posts per page instead of seeing 15 like what majority of everyone else probably uses
Oh ya, your right, lol, but it doesn't even make any difference anyway, because my Internet is all messed up, and it randomly changes the nuimber of posts per page on me for no reason. But ya.... I'll change that for now...lol

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
well, it's something to do and gets us to the next page anyway. hopefully whoever quotes it gets shot...in the balls, but hopefully no one does anyway

i do agree that heavier characters should have an advantage with the footstool, Bino. i mean a one ton lizard should send pichu farther than, well pichu

EDIT:ah ha, sweetness, no more weird spamming pics
But the characters might not be springing the other ones up, the ones jumping might just hop off of a characters head. But I see what your saying.

foolmasterz

Smash Apprentice
why do you think that your charectar gets sent flying wen he gets jumped on? i got the impression that only the jumper went into the air, like he was using a spring board..

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
why do you think that your charectar gets sent flying wen he gets jumped on? i got the impression that only the jumper went into the air, like he was using a spring board..
thats how it would be on the ground, wait is somebody accually suggesting the person who's on the ground goes flying up?

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
thread hasnt been updated cuz sakurai seems to be havin trouble with his internet and hes usin his wii to get online and type which isnt easy at all -_-

wiis suck for typin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom