• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
wOOt for Knuckle Joe, the kick a$$ cabbage patch kid!!!....as for other Kirby partners :p my fave was always plasma :p

@ Xeno~ though I agree not all characters should have transforming smash attacks, Ganondorf is one of the select few I'd like to see with one ( including Ganon would just pwn)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
*Twilight Princess spoiler*
Yeah, i think the coolest thing gannondorf would get would be like, if the ghost knights that he summoned on the horseback part came through the stage multiple times
pretty good idea, but I doubt it, it would be better if he transformed, but then again like Fartemup stated, it would be more like a transformation ball rather than final smash ball, god I really wanna see snakes' final smash already, what is the hold up with him?

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
what was knuckles power?
and fartemap, then only 3 characters will transform :p they wouldent cal it the transform ball for 3 characters

and you know what would be the best assist trophie ever
andross :D

OmegaXXII

what was knuckles power?
and fartemap, then only 3 characters will transform :p they wouldent cal it the transform ball for 3 characters

****, who knows, that is a possbility I hope he does appear, one that most peope wouldn't really like that I would want to see is tingle ( I know Creo would want to)

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
what was knuckles power?

Knuckle Joe is an assist trophy, he doesn't have a Final Smash... as far as we know (DUN DUN DUN!!! lol)

I meant if every character transformed, I have no problem with Ganondorf transforming though... just hopefully not Sonic into Super Sonic, and then blah into blah, and so on, because I'm sure we could think of one of those transforming things for probably every character

Andross might not be the greatest assist trophy unless they scaled him down a bit, but if they did, that WOULD be a good idea.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
i mean what could kirby gain from him in kirbys dream land

and andross should be gigantic, then he would be perfect

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
he would like go directly to the edge of the stage, and then he would hit you with his hands or try to eat you :p

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
im not sure but i think i remember something bout bein able to buy certain little adjustments to characters to kinda make em ur own... or maybe i dreamed it....

@ the ganon ultimate smash thing i think he'd probably turn into the giant pig thing from TP kinda like how bowser goes giga, ganon will go pig

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Idk if costumes were announced yet or not, but I think they're in, because Kirby has a picture where he's white. Also, how would you be able to tell the difference between characters if they were the same colour?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
A generic color or a fancy outfit, that's the difference.

@Volrec: No. Nothing about color swaps or different costumes have been confirmed yet. I'm hoping they include costumes because that would be so much better than colors. I'm thinking you should be able to press a button to switch your color and another to switch your costume. That'd be great.

KevRed

Smash Apprentice
I really wish characters had alternate costumes instead of colors.
I also wish you could create teams without having to be the same color as your teammates -_-

-KevRed

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
lol volrec i love that sig for some reason....

but yea i hope they'll put some sort of point system so that u get points dependin on how well u do and u can later use those points to buy accesories for ur character

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Oh ok, I was thinking of someone like Marth that has basically the same outfit with different colours that makes it look like a different costume altogether, but I see what your saying.

I really wish characters had alternate costumes instead of colors.
I also wish you could create teams without having to be the same color as your teammates -_-

-KevRed
Ya, I don't like having teams with the same colour, because if I'm the same character, I'm just a little lighter or darker, and it's annoying to have to think to tell the difference.

Firebird_TA

Smash Rookie
Hell yeah, alternate costumes really sound cool! Of course that wouldn't go for Kirby, because of his copy ability (which already gives him tons of costumes anyway ;)) I hope they'll put it in there, but I doubt it somewhat...

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I think costume changing is in second place for my hopes list, right under online mode. It would just add so much depth, and variety. Think about a white Zora Link, or Shadow Moses Snake in black. I'm reeallyy hoping.

As for the people who are saying it wouldn't work with kirby.. What's the problem? So what if Kirby's Link hat is green even though he swallowed a Zora Link? He's still got the same move. Seriously? Why worry about something that petty when you've got a massive costume selection for characters, including Kirby himself anyways. It seems redundant.

Costume changes would also add way more customization for online, which I always like.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Put ur tag on and problem solved
That's true, you can always use that, but I usually prefer not to use tags all the time. Sometimes they get annoying, especially if you get a cloaking device, it doesn't help you there, lol. In fact, in Brawl where it says your character's name at the bottom of the screen (as shown in "The Basic Rules" post in the "How To Play" section of the DOJO website), I hope that is replaced by your name, if you selected it.

The Bino

Smash Lord
That's true, you can always use that, but I usually prefer not to use tags all the time. Sometimes they get annoying, especially if you get a cloaking device, it doesn't help you there, lol. In fact, in Brawl where it says your character's name at the bottom of the screen (as shown in "The Basic Rules" post in the "How To Play" section of the DOJO website), I hope that is replaced by your name, if you selected it.
But you have to look at it like how Sakurai said it would be with name tags, you will have to have them on now because it will recogonize which controller style you prefer the most... i don't believe that you will beable to customize the controls itself, like make B jump and A Special Attack and what not, i think it will only recognize which one of the 4 controller setups you like to use the most and which one you set to ur default controller setup

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
But you have to look at it like how Sakurai said it would be with name tags, you will have to have them on now because it will recogonize which controller style you prefer the most... i don't believe that you will beable to customize the controls itself, like make B jump and A Special Attack and what not, i think it will only recognize which one of the 4 controller setups you like to use the most and which one you set to ur default controller setup
Ya, i thought about that, I guess either way I'm just going to have to have to pick names.
But I think there really are personalized button configuations, he said,
You can change button configurations for each one for each registered name, and alter those configurations any way you like.

Assigning personal button configurations each time you fight would be a bit of a pain...but if you just choose your name from the list, BAM! You get to play with your preferred configuration! There’s no waiting!
Firstly, it kind of seems like they are from the first part, but in the second part, he says it would take forever getting those configurations each time you start the game, but having the name saves time, it wouldn't really take that long if you only had to pick from one of four controller types, even though that would be a little annoying, I think it's more annoying selecting the rules for your game again, each time you start Melee.
But I think that the default controls for Gamecube will be the same as Melee for example, unless there are new buttons to use for new concepts...

OmegaXXII

But Wario? Should change the jacket's color or have his original yellow/purple costume?
I'm sure he will have his classic costume, which might be default or have to be unlocked , but i'm sure that we might see it, as for teams I hope they make a change from Melee because i really hated when i was on a green team when I had Luigi & Mario and Mario had to be Green as well, which I really annoyed me because i'm used to seeing Mario in Red

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
costumes are a MUST! i mean link is the only one to change according to his games, but that still follows the color guidlines.

they should have costumes for regular play, but keep colors for team play. then again two people might want to play the same character. kin3tic has a good point

travis.luckiest

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure he will have his classic costume, which might be default or have to be unlocked , but i'm sure that we might see it, as for teams I hope they make a change from Melee because i really hated when i was on a green team when I had Luigi & Mario and Mario had to be Green as well, which I really annoyed me because i'm used to seeing Mario in Red
thats kind of a cool idea ..unlockable outfits ..like maybe even replace getting a lame *** trophy for beating allstar mode with wario ..you get his classic outfit
there would be a different outfit to unlock for each character for each game mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom