• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Stop complaining about the updates, seriously. If you don't like it, don't go. Today's update was awesome anyway; so shut up.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
finally we get more info on a stage we've seen. i'm really excited about this level cause you have bigger KO opportunities when the platforms dissapear. but it looks like only meteor smashes or really powerful moves can send them through the clouds.

and it also looks like there's a fourth platform, below and to the right of the main platform. all in all, it looks like a fun stage. now we just need the rest of the shown stages, like mario circuit or the castle

hectichobo

Smash Ace
i know a new character
Sonic The Hedgehog may be released but nintendo is waiting on Sega's confirmation about it. We should see in on smashbros.com on the 27th or 28th. idk, but it might be on nintendo.com or sega.com.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
finally we get more info on a stage we've seen. i'm really excited about this level cause you have bigger KO opportunities when the platforms dissapear. but it looks like only meteor smashes or really powerful moves can send them through the clouds.

and it also looks like there's a fourth platform, below and to the right of the main platform. all in all, it looks like a fun stage. now we just need the rest of the shown stages, like mario circuit or the castle
Thank you, colbusman. At least someone has the right outlook on this...

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Stop complaining about the updates, seriously. If you don't like it, don't go. Today's update was awesome anyway; so shut up.
I'm sick of this mentality.

As soon as anyone says something negative about the *update* (not the stage fyi), somebody has to step in and say 'shut up or leave'. Someone once said the same thing about individuality. I believe it was Hitler.

Sorry, but no. We've got opinions, and we have a right to express how we feel about it. I also think the update was not that great. I'm not saying the stage sucked, I'm not saying the game sucks, I'm saying the update wasn't that great. Get over it. Don't dismiss it as complaining, because that's not the focus; the focus is on WHY the update may have been bad. Talk about THAT if someone says 'it sucks' - even if they aren't giving any back up. Nobody has the right to dismiss anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbusman

Thank you, colbusman. At least someone has the right outlook on this...
Who are you to say what is the 'right' outlook? Don't try to set standards for the way people think. If I said "This update sucks, heres why...", would you have responded positively? I can understand getting frustrated if people that just say 'it sucks' and that's all, but even then - it's something to talk about, not an excuse to tell people to leave, or shut up.

Now, on to my opinion of the update:

A let down. The only new bit of info I learned was that the platforms reappear shortly after you destroy them. Great. I knew about this level and I had assumed much of what was revealed about it anyways. It looks great, and I know it's going to be a lot of fun, but I gotta say that when I saw this update, instead of a 'gasp', I got a 'yawn'.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'm not sure where the best place to post these interesting discoveries, but I'll try here. Feel free to quote me if you want.

Melee was released in the US Dec. 3, 2001 o_0 (Nov. 21 in Japan)

Melee characters known at e3 2001: Mario, Donkey Kong, Peach, Bowser, Ness, Yoshi, Kirby, Captain Falcon, Fox, Pikachu, Samus, Link, Sheik, and Ice Climber.

Edit:

As soon as anyone says something negative about the *update* (not the stage fyi), somebody has to step in and say 'shut up or leave'. Someone once said the same thing about individuality. I believe it was Hitler.
I'm tired of the mentality "Oh, this is a stage" or "oh this is just a character we know about". If you don't like it, DON'T GO TO THE SITE. It's that simple. You people are spoiled. No game has ever done this, released this kind of info. leading up to release, shown this many screenshots every day leading up to the release. So, yeah, I will get on their case. And yes, I'm allowed to tell them to shut their holes and stop complaining, since I have a right to express what I think, too Mr. Hitler...

It wasn't the best update ever, fine. But don't complain that it sucked. No one is forcing you to read them. And it is a gift that Sakurai is giving these updates. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. In other words, you shouldn't criticize a gift you've been given. I have no reservations flaming anyone who complains about updates because Sakurai could just as easily stop altogether. Get over it. Stop with your spoiled attitudes and stop complaining.

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, quite a few people here are getting spoiled. And elsewhere through the Internet too. Eh.

The level seems like it'll be fun, but if you ask me the platforms seem a little bit too easy to break (judging from the movie). Doesn't look like it takes much more than one attack to send them crumbling (i.e. the shockwave from Kirby's up B). Still, destroying stuff is fun.

Edit: Reviewing the movie again, it seems I was mistaken. The platforms that got quickly destroyed were already full of cracks. I guess they aren't too weak after all.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Man, someone being compared to Hitler in a videogame forum. Personally I would go Mussolini, but that's just me.

I think this week has been one of the better weeks. Now if we could get Little Mac confirmed somehow as an AT or whatever, I could stop trying to perfect him as a Mii.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I'm not sure where the best place to post these interesting discoveries, but I'll try here. Feel free to quote me if you want.

Melee was released in the US Dec. 3, 2001 o_0 (Nov. 21 in Japan)

Melee characters known at e3 2001: Mario, Donkey Kong, Peach, Bowser, Ness, Yoshi, Kirby, Captain Falcon, Fox, Pikachu, Samus, Link, Sheik, and Ice Climber.

Edit:

I'm tired of the mentality "Oh, this is a stage" or "oh this is just a character we know about". If you don't like it, DON'T GO TO THE SITE. It's that simple. You people are spoiled. No game has ever done this, released this kind of info. leading up to release, shown this many screenshots every day leading up to the release. So, yeah, I will get on their case. And yes, I'm allowed to tell them to shut their holes and stop complaining, since I have a right to express what I think, too Mr. Hitler...

It wasn't the best update ever, fine. But don't complain that it sucked. No one is forcing you to read them. And it is a gift that Sakurai is giving these updates. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. In other words, you shouldn't criticize a gift you've been given. I have no reservations flaming anyone who complains about updates because Sakurai could just as easily stop altogether. Get over it. Stop with your spoiled attitudes and stop complaining.

Hell yes! Don't bite the hand that feeds you, or, for that matter, don't get angry at the site that gives us updates every weekday...

maxpower1227

Smash Lord

Sorry, but no. We've got opinions, and we have a right to express how we feel about it. I also think the update was not that great. I'm not saying the stage sucked, I'm not saying the game sucks, I'm saying the update wasn't that great. Get over it. Don't dismiss it as complaining, because that's not the focus; the focus is on WHY the update may have been bad. Talk about THAT if someone says 'it sucks' - even if they aren't giving any back up. Nobody has the right to dismiss anyone.

Who are you to say what is the 'right' outlook? Don't try to set standards for the way people think. If I said "This update sucks, heres why...", would you have responded positively? I can understand getting frustrated if people that just say 'it sucks' and that's all, but even then - it's something to talk about, not an excuse to tell people to leave, or shut up.

Now, on to my opinion of the update:

A let down. The only new bit of info I learned was that the platforms reappear shortly after you destroy them. Great. I knew about this level and I had assumed much of what was revealed about it anyways. It looks great, and I know it's going to be a lot of fun, but I gotta say that when I saw this update, instead of a 'gasp', I got a 'yawn'.
Hi, yes, Dr. Quitcherbit**in? Are you still taking appointments for today? I've got another patient for you to see.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I think this week has been one of the better weeks. Now if we could get Little Mac confirmed somehow as an AT or whatever, I could stop trying to perfect him as a Mii.
I want Mac as a PC. >.> If there's any character who should get a generic punching/kicking moveset...it's Mac.

Besides, his stage would own.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Well ideally I want him as a PC, but I'm willing to accept the fact that he probably won't be.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace

Spoiled? More like interested in other things. If we don't like the update we can't express our views? I thought I got the point across but you don't seem to get it.

No one HAS to like them... How can you truly believe every update we've gottan so far has been great? Don't be biased, and don't be blind - you're making yourself look like an idiot. I didn't ASK for this 'gift'... I don't have to accept it. Those of you that wanted this - great! Enjoy!

'Complaing' is a notification that something isn't right. Why don't you look it to it so you can understand a situation better? People that complain offer different viewpoints.

And you're right - no one has ever tediously released minimal information every day about subjects we already know 90% about, with only a real larger update as a rarity.

It's not an act of being spoiled. It's another take. This is what we call subjectivity.

You can express how you don't like complainers, but you can't tell them to shut up, leave, or do whatever the hell else you wan't, especially if you're acting stubborn.

If sakurai stopped with daily updates... that's fine by me... I still find it interesting to see what the update is, but I'm not dying for them. As long as we get our game sometime I'm fine.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Like I said, do you really want everything to be revealed to you?

Are you really this sad that you go and wait for the next update on Smash, just to see something "new"?

I'd rather have the boring stuff now than later. Now we know we still have a lot of boring stuff to see, so once we're over that, we can enjoy the less boring stuff.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, do you really want everything to be revealed to you?

Are you really this sad that you go and wait for the next update on Smash, just to see something "new"?

I'd rather have the boring stuff now than later. Now we know we still have a lot of boring stuff to see, so once we're over that, we can enjoy the less boring stuff.
Yeah exactly, i wanna have tons of cool stuff still when i get the game

the grim lizard

Smash Master
No one HAS to like them... How can you truly believe every update we've gottan so far has been great? Don't be biased, and don't be blind - you're making yourself look like an idiot. I didn't ASK for this 'gift'... I don't have to accept it. Those of you that wanted this - great! Enjoy!
Who exactly is forcing you to check smashbros.com every day?

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Your making self sound like an idiot, complaining like this... :dizzy:

'Complaing' is a notification that something isn't right.
How is this not right? We are getting updates every weekday!

And you're right - no one has ever tediously released minimal information every day about subjects we already know 90% about, with only a real larger update as a rarity.
Exagerate much?

You can express how you don't like complainers, but you can't tell them to shut up, leave, or do whatever the hell else you wan't, especially if you're acting stubborn.
We can if your *****in'!

And your not impressng us with your large posts...

Teben

Smash Apprentice
....We got a new character yesterday.
Yoshi is not a new character.

How will I know if I do or don't like an update if I don't check it? That's dumb.

Also, how exactally was this update awesome?We already know about this level. We already know that the floors crumble. It didn't even tell us anything about the stage we didn't already know.

This practically wasn't an update.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Thank you Teben, and I agree.

I personally am not a fan of the 'This world' update. It created way more questions than answers - everything we think we know about that one is still pure speculation no matter how you look at it. What did I learn? .... basically nothing.

That goes for pretty much every update since then. Yoshi's back? No way. Skyworld? So THAT's it's name. Rumble Falls? More like Icicle Mountain 2.0.

When are we going to get info that really matters? Online? Single player mode? New Characters? They haven't even done Snake or Metaknight yet for crying out loud. Sooo when they do update Metaknight's profile, we'll get 4 screens, and a sentance about what game he's from. Wow.

At first the updates were OK, but now it feels like they're lacking. An update a day means nothing if they aren't really even doing that; the 'update'. I'm going to go and say that I had assumed about 70% of the things they've shown so far.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi is not a new character.

How will I know if I don't like an update if I don't check it?

We already know about this level. We already know that the floors crumble.
This practically wasn't an update.
I see what you're saying, but IMO Yoshi is good news.

And the way I see it, the more updates we get that we already know, the sooner we get to guarenteed news.

Once we get the updates for the following, all the updates will be news (except for maybe updates like You Must Recover):
-Snake
-Meta Knight
-The Halberd
-Mario Circuit
-Pokemon Stadium
-Shadow Moses Island (Metal Gear Solid)
-Burning Castle (Fire Emblem)

So now we only have 7 bad updates before we get to news, and I would say that some of those I would look forward to anyway, the only one I really think will not be news is Pokemon Stadium.

People, also remember that if Sakarai suddenly decides to reveal all of the information about Online stuff, and Newcomers, and such, then before you know it, we'll know everything about the game 3 months before it comes out, what's the fun in that?
Personally, I think the gradual pace that the updates are given is perfect.

EDIT: To answer the question, "When are we going to get the information that really matters?"
I'd say we'll get it near release, or at least gradually where we hardly understand it until release, like This World...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Except that they would complain about any returning character or stages, too.

Shadow Moses isn't known really. We saw like, hardly any of it.

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Man, like, I don't even mind getting updates like Yoshi. I mean that's not what I'm craving, cause like kin3tic-c4jun-3 said, we pretty much can assume characters like that will be returning with full confidence. But at least it's sort of like "new info," right? At least we get to see what they'll look like now, etc, that's kinda cool.

But seriously. We didn't learn a single thing from this stage update. I don't understand why someone would anyone would defend it with hostility.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Man, like, I don't even mind getting updates like Yoshi. I mean that's not what I'm craving, cause like kin3tic-c4jun-3 said, we pretty much can assume characters like that will be returning with full confidence. But at least it's sort of like "new info," right? At least we get to see what they'll look like now, etc, that's kinda cool.

But seriously. We didn't learn a single thing from this stage update. I don't understand why someone would anyone would defend it with hostility.
Don't get me wrong, I see what your saying, but I personally would say that Yoshi was a good update (even though we already knew he'd be in it) and You Must Recover was a crummy update. I'd say that an update like Sonic would be a really awesome update.

Isn't it fair though that we get crummy updates every now and then....

Of course, I have no problem with people saying things like, "This update was crummy", maybe it was, thats fine, its your opinion. All I'm saying is, it was expected to get a crummy update eventually, so don't get frustrated over it:mad::mad::mad:...:psycho: (not that anyone is doing that, lol)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I've enjoyed basically every update because I'm grateful, even You Must Recover! The only update that didn't really thrill my soul was the Star Fox song, just because I guess it just didn't, and the two game modes, but I didn't go around the Boards telling every one about it. I didn't like the latter two because they were just informational. There were no screenshots. I've never complained about getting screenshots.

And the reason I am defensive is because it is a gift. And it really doesn't matter the update, nowadays people complain all the time about the updates. Well, I say, don't bite the hand that feeds you because it might not do it again. It's like when you're watching free shows online or something...you don't complain about the fidelity because it's free. You don't complain about the updates because you're still getting them.

And there were some new tidbits. The name if nothing else. The little platform below. We didn't know about the clouds thing before. Sakurai tells us about the frequency of destruction/regeneration. Even DK's fair got confirmed as returning. Don't be so pessimistic.

MunkyMan33

Smash Apprentice
i wonder if those platforms wil break your fall/slow your movement as you hit them. could you tech on them? falco's spike would be so broken there if you just shot through.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
i agree wholeheartedly people take some many things for granted and i for one am loving daily updates and if i don't particularly like the days update i can always look forward to the next one

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I have a feeling this stage won't be legal.

See the slanted platform and the main one?

You can see a platform being destroyed and you can tell it's the main one because the slanted one is beside it. Yes, it could be the platform ABOVE it being destroyed, and the remains falling onto the main one, but the main one also looks like it's cracked and crumbling as well.

IMO, it looks as if the WHOLE stage is break-able. But Sakurai said it regenerates fast, so it just might work. Who knows.
Personally it doesn't look legal to me, you'd have to be in the air constantly considering every platform breaks by the looks of it.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I don't think airtime is the biggest issue here. Fast characters could easily run to the bottom right platform. When danger gets near, they can just run to the most left platform.

It is to be seen if camping is possible on this stage.

The Bino

Smash Lord
hey did you notice that there are slanted parts in Yoshi's Island

And that is a neutral stage

Also there are clouds, i don't think that this stage would be banned, just by looking at it and seeing platforms are breakable doesnt' mean its banned, why don't you look at Brinstar on Melee..... that had breakable parts in the level and that is a Counterpick level

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
To those who think this stage will be banned.. you realize you can walk on the clouds below the platforms, right? I refer you to the Nintendo World Trailer

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
But still, the whole level falls apart...lol, I guess I shouldn't really be talking. I don't really know about the factors considered in banning...can someone point me in the direction of a thread that contains this information?

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Another thing about this stage... I wonder if these are not drop down platforms. I actually think this will be the case, which could make this stage very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom