• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Well... It's not that your train of logic does'nt make complete sense...

It's just that it's more of a hypothesis at the moment then undisputable fact... (Not to say mine is in any way, shape, or form)

Just trying to say Nintendo has a bit of a habit with doing crazy over the top stuff like this from time to time... (Going on power trips, "Thinking they can sway the mass's because they know what we want more then we do")

If they really want people to immbrace items in competitive play... This would be one way to try & nudge pepole in that direction...

It kinna would make sense considering the amount of time that's it takes them to program the items...
:confused:

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Anyone who tries to do a "if this happens, then we can/can't pick ZSS" is wasting their energy.

Does anyone believe that they would create a completely new character model, one that seems to have TWO movesets (gun and gun-whip) and then make it so that you only get to see that character after a final smash?

That would basically make ZSS barely there.
ZSS will be selectable in some form.
They wouldn't have introduced her with the new characters if she wasn't one.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
My point is: I do think they really care about showing shields in any pictures. They want to see the characters in action. And, in the videos, they want to show how attacks work and such; they aren't worried about avoiding getting hit. In fact, they want to get hit. So, shields just aren't necessary to be shown.

Level 9

Smash Apprentice
BRILLIANT! :laugh:

Anyone who tries to do a "if this happens, then we can/can't pick ZSS" is wasting their energy.

Does anyone believe that they would create a completely new character model, one that seems to have TWO movesets (gun and gun-whip) and then make it so that you only get to see that character after a final smash?

That would basically make ZSS barely there.
As I said... That logic really does hit the mark...

But it is possible that she's considered more or less just a feature of Samus' Final Smash...

As lame as that might sound it still makes some sense if the developers are makeing this game around the idea that most of the user base will be playing with Items turned on...

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
BRILLIANT! :laugh:

As I said... That logic really does hit the mark...

But it is possible that she's considered more or less just a feature of Samus' Final Smash...

As lame as that might sound it still makes some sense if the developers are makeing this game around the idea that most of the user base will be playing with Items turned on...
yeah but ZSS isn't Samus's FS, its a RESULT of it.

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Man I just want a NEW FREAKIN' CHARACTER already.

Now the next update will be something inane like " VOLUME OPTIONS! "

Sandy

Smash Champion
Zamus would practically be the new Shiek, in gameplay terms.

Technically, it'd make Samus tier level rise.

Level 9

Smash Apprentice
yeah but ZSS isn't Samus's FS, its a RESULT of it.
Same difference thogh... :urg:

The fact that she's a fully functioning character might just be the nessasary extra bit of detail needed to do what they had planed for her FS...

We don't even know yet if she's the only character who undergoes such a change after a FS...

Dotcom

Smash Lord
I want to ask something, does everyone think this will be the new Shiek.
Now baking on the fact that Shiek may not be returning
(But then again no one knows)
Now I know that they seem similar from the still shots but, is everyone's opinion the same?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
really it's still hard to determine if sheik will make a return. even though we have the newer zelda, it's possible for sheik to return. we just have to wait for zelda's special moves to figure that out

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
i never accept tiers. i believe in playing as anyone i want to, therefore my mains and secondaries are all varied. it's the best way to smash
agreed. i didnt pick my mains by looking at the tier list and saying "omg theyre the best, i should pick them" i got my mains because i wanted to play them. last time i checked, luigi and link were both low-tier. i'm still good with them. i don't like to follow the crowd :)

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
I'm just thinking about this from a programmers prospective... It would be a way of balanceing out the game... Though that route does force your options...
Actually, IMO, I would say making Final Smashes would only make character's tiers become more confusing because it would add many more variables to think about. (The chance that Meta Knight will preform a final smash and hit 3 people has this much chance, therefore, we need to lower his speed by this much to balance it out), I figure that the Final Smashes are used simply to make Smash more interesting.

People have been saying that making Zamus, simply a result of a FS would be stupid because it would be too much work for programmers and would be a waste, although this really seems true, programmers can work very hard on things in games often, and it be hardly used, in fact, I know of some things that took programmers a while, and it was eliminated from the game entirely, so although this would seem like evidence, it really isn't. However, the fact that she was announced as a character earlier would be good evidence that she is somehow used more often. (Like changing directly to Zamus from changing costumes)

I also want people to keep in mind that, if Zamus was not released in trailers ealier, and we all just found about Zamus yesterday with the FS thing. I think we would all be really happy, and think, "Wow, Samus can lose her power suit after her FS! That's so cool!" and we wouldn't be having this arguement... but oh well...

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
well said, kudos to you "contents under pressure"
i think think the coolest way to pick your mains is to pick&master your favorite nintendo characters, like i did for Ness

well said, kudos to you "contents under pressure"
i think think the coolest way to pick your mains is to pick&master your favorite nintendo characters, like i did for Ness
mmhmm. tiers are DUMB. seriously, ken doesn't beat ppl cuz he uses a high-tier character. he pwns cuz he's GOOD with that character. he pwns with ganon too. i've faced alot of people who think they're better than me just because they use fox or falco or shiek, then i beat their a$$, and they cry "hacker" lol i hate scrubs(sorry if thats off-topic)

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
agreed. i didnt pick my mains by looking at the tier list and saying "omg theyre the best, i should pick them" i got my mains because i wanted to play them. last time i checked, luigi and link were both low-tier. i'm still good with them. i don't like to follow the crowd :)
I'm sure you are good with luigi and link, but I have to say when i'm Marth I win a lot, but when i'm Pikachu, I lose a lot. I think the tiers are about right.

Edit: my main are the Ice Climbers.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
People have been saying that making Zamus, simply a result of a FS would be stupid because it would be too much work for programmers and would be a waste, although this really seems true, programmers can work very hard on things in games often, and it be hardly used, in fact, I know of some things that took programmers a while, and it was eliminated from the game entirely, so although this would seem like evidence, it really isn't. However, the fact that she was announced as a character earlier would be good evidence that she is somehow used more often. (Like changing directly to Zamus from changing costumes)

I also want people to keep in mind that, if Zamus was not released in trailers ealier, and we all just found about Zamus yesterday with the FS thing. I think we would all be really happy, and think, "Wow, Samus can lose her power suit after her FS! That's so cool!" and we wouldn't be having this arguement... but oh well...
agreed. however she was released in the first trailer, therefore confusion is abound. it's just waiting for more info that's killing us

I'm sure you are good with luigi and link, but I have to say when i'm Marth I win a lot, but when i'm Pikachu, I lose a lot. I think the tiers are about right.
that's not because of tiers, that's because you're better with marth than pikachu. I like to use Falco every now and then, but I'm wayyyyyy better with link and luigi. so, thats my opinion, im not trying to convince everyone to that opinion. i'm just expressing my opinion, which last time i checked, is allowed.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
there are a few charaters that i use (for variation) that i noticably suck with like Bowser and Mewtwo, but i like being able constantly swap fighters and still kick some *** ^^

there are a few charaters that i use (for variation) that i noticably suck with like Bowser and Mewtwo, but i like being able constantly swap fighters and still kick some *** ^^
ya its always good to have 2-3 characters or more so ppl don't figure out your complete strategy with one. and it also screws with them sometimes :laugh:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
indeed one of my best friends is currently trying to master (or become really good) with ALL the characters, i still think hes crazy.....

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
and it depends on who you're playing against. i can get WAY more KO's with Bowser, Link, or Ganondorf, but I can combo like no other with Mario and Pika.

anyway...yeah i don't know what else to talk about

You know this.....how?
because you just said you do better with marth than you do with pikachu, which brings the conclusion that ur better with marth than you are with pikachu. again, im just saying this, dont start flaming me. i dont believe in tiers, i dont think that one character is better than the other, its just learning how to use them.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
i totally agree, IMO tiers are overrated, i been told many times Ness is low-tier but i can still beat all of my friends with him so there bull****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom