• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baha

Smash Cadet
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that. I just don't like the idea of people bagging on Nintendo/Sakurai. That's what Dylan did. Anyway, whenever you say that, though, it gets people's attentions. Anyway, you're definitely far from him, unless...you "won't play Brawl unless it has WDing...and even then won't play it now because Zamus is an item." :p
Oh no. Dylan is an extremist he's just crazy and I bet he will end up playing no matter what xD

I would only play if this game became something dumb like having pokeballs all over the place without being able to turn them off. That would suck!

Do you really think they wasted all that time programing and designing ZSSamos only to play her if you use the final smash?
Sounds kind of improbable idk.
Maybe there's a catch!

Sandy

Smash Champion
Maybe with Dylan banned (AGAIN), he'll learn to respect the opinions of those around him.

In the meanwhile, i hope he chokes on his boyfriends genitals.

Coolio

Smash Rookie
Do you think that if you hit some1 while they're doing there final smash it'll cancel it. Say Mario grabs the orb and before he can do the crazy fire thing he's kicked in the back while charging up... That would suck, you should be invinsible for the beginning of the final smash.

The Bino

Smash Lord
HAHA im glad i didn't hop sides and believe what everyone else was believing in the fact that Zero Suit Samus will be a seperate Character lol I was probably one of the few who had that feeling that ZSS would be a transformation after using Samus' Super just like how it was in the 1st trailer lol also im sure that the Smash Orb or Ball or whatever is something that you can't turn on or off and no its not a meter that builds up over time, and why is it that everyone thinks ZSS won't be in tournaments because Items are banned, do any of you know why items aren't in tournaments besides the fact that it is pure skill involved now and nothing to do with luck or anything items contribute to the match

It had to do with the randomness of the explosives in the crates barrels capsule, it was the randomness of those items that contained explosives and when charging to do a Smash a container of some sort would just pop up and boom explosive (not everytime tho) and even if you turn off Barrels, and Crates and Capsules they still appear so items were than officially banned because of randomness

Now if you can turn off those items that are completely random with explosives in it than Items will make its way back into the gameplay as it was intended since the 64 days and than Items will be in tournaments... also Sakurai hasn't stated whether or not Smash Orb will be an item that you will beable to turn on or off so it could just be something that is implemented into the game for Supers for every character to bring some more balance of which Sakurai said the game is being designed with BALANCE!!!

So i think the Smash Orb will be an item you can't control and it will appear sparingly

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
To be honest, right now I would be freaked out if I were to see a new update showing Zero Suit Samus' BACON.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
GEEZ! Whats up with all the Dylan hate..? Okay, I know he has a very weird take on some things, and can get very opinionated and have an attitude about some things, but does that really mean that you guys always have to bag on him? I swear I saw his name EVERY time on the last three pages. And not in the good way. Why do you guys bag on him? Again, he can have a very bad take on things, and he is a Melee fanboy. But does that mean a bad thing? If he doesn't want to play Brawl, he doesn't have too. But you guys arguing with him doesn't help the matter any.
That's because you weren't around this morning. He had like 50 posts in a dumb update thread and almost every single one was about how Brawl was going to suck and how he hated Sakurai. I don't disrespect people easily. People "earn" that over time. He has earned that based on his attitude toward the game, Sakurai, and the members on this board. He is very arrogant, even if he claims to be "joking," and even fancies himself some sort of master of the game. It just gets old fast when he makes the kind of comments he makes in the manner he makes them. So if people are bagging on him, he dug his own grave.

Besides, it isn't as if I cursed at him, called him names, and wished him dead. The same cannot be said about Dylan in regards to Sakurai.

Sariku

Smash Master
That's because you weren't around this morning. He had like 50 posts in a dumb update thread and almost every single one was about how Brawl was going to suck and how he hated Sakurai. I don't disrespect people easily. People "earn" that over time. He has earned that based on his attitude toward the game, Sakurai, and the members on this board. He is very arrogant, even if he claims to be "joking," and even fancies himself some sort of master of the game. It just gets old fast when he makes the kind of comments he makes in the manner he makes them. So if people are bagging on him, he dug his own grave.

Besides, it isn't as if I cursed at him, called him names, and wished him dead. The same cannot be said about Dylan in regards to Sakurai.
The reason I'm sticking up for him is cause we talk all time. Yes, he may seem arrogent, and speaks his mind. (Even if he is bashing Sakurai or Brawl) But if you get to know him, he's accually a really cool person. And regaurdless of what you think about him, just put it aside. If he comes back and says something you don't like, just ignore him, okay?

PS I just typed alot, I'm on my Wii.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Dylan is not Ken...If Ken came up and said Brawl might suck. I might just believe him because Ken pwns. Dylan...not so much. He is just too much of SBB64 and Melee fanboy.

@Uchiha: No one cares about your **** Wii and how much you typed on it. Hell, I can use my PS3 to do the same **** thing.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i actually think it's possible for Zamus to do a Final Smash. i don't think we'll do ONE Final Smash for an entire match, nor do i think it's once per fighter. i think you do one Final Smash PER SMASH BALL. but then again it's hard to figure out at this point, due to translation errors and such.

anyway if Zamus did have a Final Smash, i can't remember where it was shown, but a move in Super Metroid or Metroid Fusion shows Samus surrounding herself in this sphere like energy and in the game you can see the outline of a woman (Samus) in the sphere. maybe this will happen for a transformation back into Samus

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Either way, if that factor which prohibited people from using items during tournaments and ZSSamus cannot be selected at start like Sheik, then she would be banned anyway.

EDIT:

Items: The other unique difference in philosophies that emerged a few years ago dealt with items. Largely due to the TG franchise in San Jose, CA, West Coast tournaments would run with items turned on, while East Coast tournaments ran with them off. This usually led to large, heated debates on whether or not items should be included in tournaments. After years of hosting TGs, Matt Deezie, considered by many to be the founder of tournament Smash, made a switch. In the Summer of '04 Matt was hosting TG6, his last and largest TG, and for the rules, he turned items off. This was a large change from his previous 4 Stock-item tournament, and since then, there has not been a large tournament held with items turned on. The underlying idea for competitive Smash is pretty simple: attempt to eliminate anything that could add random, non-skill-based elements to a game. While it could be argued that items occur randomly to both players therefore making them fair, this is usually not the case over the course of a single game. As a result, for MLG, items are turned off, and the random luck factor associated with them is thusly discarded.
http://www.mlgpro.com/?q=node/43964

This could happen with this Smash.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
it's really up to the directors of this site to give us the rules. i think they should allow only smash balls, AT THE LEAST, so Zamus players can have a chance to play. it's unfair to ban a character due to items. i mean peach can still pull items, but she's not banned

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
it's really up to the directors of this site to give us the rules. i think they should allow only smash balls, AT THE LEAST, so Zamus players can have a chance to play. it's unfair to ban a character due to items. i mean peach can still pull items, but she's not banned
While it may be unfair, unless the Smash ball appears at steady positions, it's still all about luck, who gets to it first at the right time at the right moment.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
If you play with Final Smashes off, you won't ever be able to use Zero Suit. Oh well, not like I was going to anyway. :p

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
The reason I'm sticking up for him is cause we talk all time. Yes, he may seem arrogent, and speaks his mind. (Even if he is bashing Sakurai or Brawl) But if you get to know him, he's accually a really cool person. And regaurdless of what you think about him, just put it aside. If he comes back and says something you don't like, just ignore him, okay?

PS I just typed alot, I'm on my Wii.
What got me was how he wished death upon an innocent man. It's not like Sakurai is some kind of child molester or murderer. That was totally uncalled for. I don't care if he hates Brawl or not. But wishing death upon Sakurai is not necessary.

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Man this game needs to just magically come out tomorrow so we'll have all our answers.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
While it may be unfair, unless the Smash ball appears at steady positions, it's still all about luck, who gets to it first at the right time at the right moment.
but you do know there are going to be Zamus players out there. i wouldn't place a rule that causes someone's favorite player to be banned. i mean i would feel really bad if they banned bowser just cause he's the only player to grab in midair. it's not fair for players to ban a certain fighter.

but really it all comes down to one question. Is this the ONLY way of playing as Zamus?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hopefully tonight or tomorrow night Sakurai does a character bio on ZSS, and confirms that there is another way to access her, ie: the A button Shiek thing. If that happens then I am happy with wat Sakurai did. If not, then f*** it!

And for ZSS's final smash, it should be as followed:

Originally Posted by Y34HDUD3!!!
I can see it now.....
Zamus' final smash: Boob Flash!!
Self-explanatory. Zamus quickly flashes her boobs to everyone on screen, causing all male players to go Skeet Skeet Skeet, causing a flood of you-know-what in the stage . Female players with secrets (Zelda) get wet, and slip, causing great damage to their buttocks. Due to this happening, the improbability drive will cause all of the Power Suit pieces to join around Zamus' body. I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL LOL!

^^^^ STill LMFAO about that one! The Funniest and the best Final Smash/Small Ball move idea, ever on the SWF! :chuckle: :lick: :p :psycho: :)

O, and as for today and tomorrow, we should get ZSS and Yoshi. O YA! :)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Tea shows its true flavor when the water gets hot. In other words, I don't care how "cool someone is when you get to know him," if he's pompous and condescending toward everyone and behaves the way he did toward Sakurai, he's a jerk. And I'd just stop, Sariku, because you're alienating yourself.

If he had any class at all, the next thing he posts on the boards should be an apology to everyone, including Sakurai (even if he doesn't read it).

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Tea shows its true flavor when the water gets hot. In other words, I don't care how "cool someone is when you get to know him," if he's pompous and condescending toward everyone and behaves the way he did toward Sakurai, he's a jerk. And I'd just stop, Sariku, because you're alienating yourself.

If he had any class at all, the next thing he posts on the boards should be an apology to everyone, including Sakurai (even if he doesn't read it).
Well said.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135

excellent post. most of the people i know who are in the "cool" group are complete dou*** bags who don't know anything about anything. this is the truth people

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

While I don't defend most of the things he did early on, at least later on he apologizes. And last I checked one of them annoying n00bs started the whole insane flam feast. They did this because by going on Tnga's thread, reading what he wrote, and posting on the ZSS thread, they felt he was a threat to their party style smash play vs. serious play.

What he said about Sakurai and Brawl were inappropriate, I agree. And he should apologize to everyone he insulted, though he still has my respect. :) Now let us drop this subject, it bores me with the weak backstabbing. Who's for...o IDK talking about stuff on topic and meaningful vs. back stabbing=??? I swear, he's talked about more and backstabbed more than anyone I know on the SWF.

Now, I think that we are getting a Yoshi update this week, and a ZSS as well as possibilites. Just a thought. :)

Sariku

Smash Master

Alienating myself, eh? Look, I'm gonna drop it with defending him, but you guys aren't making things any better.

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
While I don't defend most of the things he did early on, at least later on he apologizes. And last I checked one of them annoying n00bs started the whole insane flam feast. They did this because by going on Tnga's thread, reading what he wrote, and posting on the ZSS thread, they felt he was a threat to their party style smash play vs. serious play.

What he said about Sakurai and Brawl were inappropriate, I agree. And he should apologize to everyone he insulted, though he still has my respect. :) Now let us drop this subject, it bores me with the weak backstabbing. Who's for...o IDK talking about stuff on topic and meaningful vs. back stabbing=??? I swear, he's talked about more and backstabbed more than anyone I know on the SWF.

Now, I think that we are getting a Yoshi update this week, and a ZSS as well as possibilites. Just a thought. :)
im gonna have to go with jk1 on this one. well said man. anyways, for tonight i really think we'll get a how-to-play update. hopefully crawling:)

why not? this is a great way to build up to a Zamus update, now that people know at least one way to play as her. why not update and give more info?
cuz' this is sakurai we're talking about, he loves to mess with us and keep us guessing. i dont think he's that forthcoming, course i could be wrong, im just stating my opinion.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
he did announce DK after we saw him in the trailer. this would be a PERFECT opportunity to give us more details on Zamus
Serously, Sakurai kills our hope, then BAMM! Hold down the A button, or you can choose her on the main menu still, lol! XD That would restore the faith, and Sakurai could be like "O I pwned you fools! You fell for it, HAHA n00bs! Mindgames folks, mindgames!" :chuckle: :p :)Somehow I don't doubt that won't happen (minus him saying he owned us), lol! :chuckle:

Kills our confidence and builds it up...perfect strategy and mindgames. Then he pulls out Sonic, and everyone is happy! :)

he did announce DK after we saw him in the trailer. this would be a PERFECT opportunity to give us more details on Zamus
imo that was because it was an accidental leak, so he gave us the update to cover it up. i agree that it would be a perfect oppurtunity to put an end to this madness, but i just dont think sakurai's gonna do it. again, thats just my opinion. ANYTHING could happen.

@jk1: agreed thatd be kickass

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
would be sweet. a small detail on how she's fast and has a lot of stamina, then a new paragraph stating this is how you can play as Zamus.

of course if i wrote it, all it would be is "Zamus is only in cause she's eye candy. Stare at her hotness, i know you do!!"

Teben

Smash Apprentice
I'd actually rather see an update relating to fresh content. Unless it's one of those lovely double-updates. Then one can be for some Zamus info =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom