• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Agreed; I think this is a good idea...kind of like Pokefloats with the characters, but it would be Saffron-city like, where the Pokemon are part of the stage, but they actually interact. They could incorporate a lot of pokemon by using pokeballs and stages. That would be a good way to please the fans.
They should remake a stage similar to Saffron, that would be kinda cool. Although I disagree about the playable pokemon. I think that the big two should stay (pikachu and jigglypuff), but we need to have at least 1 or 2 playable newer generation characters as well. I mean, don't get me wrong, mewtwo was badass in the movie, but not so much in the game...unless you are taj. I feel that if they tossed in one or two newer gen playable pokemon, it would be more pleasing to the newer smash crowd, as most don't even really know the story behind the older generation pokemon. Lets just hope they don't toss any more lower forms in eh? *cough* pichu *cough*

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Man, I can finally post again after 17 days. Seriously, these updates keep getting better and better. It made my holiday even better.
Bowser? Wow.
Giga Bowser? W00t!
DK? Yay.
Smashville? OMG!
Talking about awesomnes. Today's update will come soon.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
omg.....Samus really does become Zero Suit Samus after she fires her Final Smash.... O.O

anyone else see the new update yet?

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... well this answers some questions. So you won't be able to play ZSS without final smashes... so can you play with Final Smashes off? That would effectively remove ZSS from the tournament scene - unless they allowed Final Smashes in Tourneys (unlikely). And disabling the final smash item would remove her from casual (gamers choice).

Which means Sakurai might make it impossible to turn off final smashes so that theres always a ZSS possibility? It is sort of annoying that you cant switch freely between the two.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Aww crap. Looks like what I dreaded the most and what everyone predicted about Samus came true. You can even check "The Official Zero Suit Samus Discussion" in the Brawl Char thread, everyone predicted it alright. I was really hoping ZSS would be a whole new character and would be amazing...I mean, it looks like she's getting owned by Zelda. I hope ZSS is actually good, if not, I'm not using Samus. Because if I have to grab a smash ball just so someone else can't have it, I'm going to regret playing as ZSS for the rest of the match.

Sigh, Sakurai you broke my heart. ZSS better be as good as Sheik.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
dude omg omg omg wtf. that better not be the only way to be zsamus.....that means smash balls are tourney legal? craaaap. That means that we will be seeing a lot more bowser mains because of the giga bowser smash. I don't even know how to feel now. Its like, do we keep smash balls in so we can play zsamus? or do we omit them and ruin any hopes for zsamus players? wow. panic attack LOL

Akuryou

Smash Cadet
If I'd heard this as a rumor, I would've told the person in no uncertain terms that they're a complete idiot for believing that a character would be accessable only through an item. Unelss there's another way to play her, this is a disaster.

Another thought -- what happens when Zamus gets a smashball?

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
If I'd heard this as a rumor, I would've told the person in no uncertain terms that they're a complete idiot for believing that a character would be accessable only through an item. Unelss there's another way to play her, this is an atrocious disaster.

Nothing I would think, since a character can only use Final Smash once per match....if ZSS and Samus are considered one person ?.?

Level 9

Smash Apprentice
The zsamus update is a bit of a downer for me as well... Kinda makes me wonder about a few things as well... Maybe the Final Smash isn't even considerd an item but rether more like some kind of limmit brake that triggers once the limmit is met...

Like for every X amount of damage or KO's inflicted and or receved a Final Smash orb is droped at some random part of the stage in order to try & keep things interesting between two unevenly skilled players...

While this is only rough speculaton, It would'nt be to unlike things seen in other fighters... Like Capcom's limmit gauge's seen in most of there latter games...

(BTW) sorry if my spelling sucks... My PC broke down about a week ago... So here I am using the spellcheckerless Wii in its wake... ;_;

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Okay, NOW she's banned from tournaments.

And I do think it IS an item. You'll actually have to pick it up.

Now let's hope Sakurai isn't a complete idiot and let us play with ZSSamus from the start, much like you could start with Sheik, only in a more obvious way.

Seriously, if you are able to transform into a weaker version of yourself, from what I've made up about Sakurai's text, you should be able to do the reverse with a Smash ball.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I'm sure that smash balls are still items that can be turned off, no one is gonna die if they can't play without smash balls and zero suit samus, i mean if you want to, then turn them on. Plus i have a feeling zamus will have her own final smash seeing as shes being listed as a different charater (who knows maybe if she gets a second smash ball she'll get her armor back)

soaz

Smash Ace
I'm sure that smash balls are still items that can be turned off, no one is gonna die if they can't play without smash balls and zero suit samus, i mean if you want to, then turn them on. Plus i have a feeling zamus will have her own final smash seeing as shes being listed as a different charater (who knows maybe if she gets a second smash ball she'll get her armor back)
Thats what i think maybe her spaceship comes and shoots everybody while she changes back to her suit.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
umm...guys....

red bit is all in parenthesis, i made it red because usually words in brackets arent huge slabs of text. probably better to skip it and read it afterwards.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/mario.html#3rd

the parts where it says "Mario is standing by" and the whole section "The explosion launches out and expands vertically as it travels, so in order to inflict the most damage possible on enemies, it's best to release this from a slight floating or midair position on either the left or right side of the screen" leads me to believe that when-ever a smash ball is obtained (through unknown means, personally i think it will be the standard fighter "special move bar" type thing where you fill up a bar and have the chance to unleash your attack INSTEAD of getting an item, but then again i have no idea. Also im not saying theres going to be a bar you have to fill up, but maybe an amount of damage or something given), the character can wait for a certain time limit (maybe no limit) and unleash it whenever they want to, since it says that its best to use at the sides of the stage, and obviously they wouldnt always drop at the sides of the stage. So for samuses that dont want to be zamuses, they can hold of until their last life, and just blow away their opponent (maybe even winning the game).
Although it seems like a dead end for Zamuses....i just cant see any logical way they could be an accessible character in tournaments given the clues Sakurai has given us.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Bummer, I wish you could just turn into Zamus like Zelda/shiek. Maybe you can,you just can't turn back after the final smash. I don't see why people are getting so pissy about his.

Besides,I don't think the Smash Ball can be turned off. I mean,it's not in the item section,so it's not an item.

WhiteZER0

Smash Apprentice
Wow, Zamus and Samus really ARE the same character.
You JUST figured that out... *sigh* XD

Bummer, I wish you could just turn into Zamus like Zelda/shiek. Maybe you can,you just can't turn back after the final smash. I don't see why people are getting so pissy about his.

Besides,I don't think the Smash Ball can be turned off. I mean,it's not in the item section,so it's not an item.
You know, I didn't think of that. I guess they are totally implementing the Smash Ball into the game, no?

Anyways, I actually saw this coming. Before, when Zamus first came out, they said "Special Circumstances" would have to be met, and I figured "Oh, maybe she has to use her FINAL?" XD Ya, I'm crazy like that. Anyways, I think this is a very interesting way to change from Samus to Zamus. That way, you can't just change it whenever you want, and it gives your character a sacrifice (unless Zamus is better in some ways... probably 'weaker' than Samus, but 'faster' than Samus) for using that powerful move. I dunno about all of you, but I like the idea (though I guess it'll be hard for Zamus fans to accept this, seeing as how she may not get this all the time XD)

Now, the next question that needs to be asked... will Zamus have a Final Smash? (Since they DO say it will only appear once per game ((unless there's an option to change that)), I think it's highly doubtful).

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
well, i was sort of convinced it was her final since the first trailer. think about it. we got wario's bike, which he really can fall off, samus transforms through huge blast. meta-knight has insane combos. i think everything in that trailer will be implemented, because it obviously wasn't game play. (excluding the nuclear fart)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Hmmm... well this answers some questions. So you won't be able to play ZSS without final smashes... so can you play with Final Smashes off? That would effectively remove ZSS from the tournament scene - unless they allowed Final Smashes in Tourneys (unlikely). And disabling the final smash item would remove her from casual (gamers choice).

Which means Sakurai might make it impossible to turn off final smashes so that theres always a ZSS possibility? It is sort of annoying that you cant switch freely between the two.
First, I wouldn't doubt if it wasn't an item at all and was just part of the game. I really don't know why people are getting so worked up about Final Smashes. No one ran around crying bloody murder for Fox's shine or Sheik's fair or Marth's tipper. FSs are just another move. Get over it people; it's just another move. I see no reason why they shouldn't be in tournaments. Obviously, we'll have to wait and see what effects they have, but my prediction is that they won't be banned from mainstream tournaments (if possible).

I mean, it looks like she's getting owned by Zelda.
That's because Zelda is throwing her armor at her.

If I'd heard this as a rumor, I would've told the person in no uncertain terms that they're a complete idiot for believing that a character would be accessable only through an item. Unelss there's another way to play her, this is a disaster.

First, I don't understand what the big deal is because I wouldn't have been upset if Zamus wasn't in the game at all. So a limited play of her is no big deal.

Second, I'm now starting to think that Finals are really special, and literally are a once per game kind of thing so that when she turns into Zamus, that's it. You're Zamus for the rest of the match, which means...no Final for Zamus. But, just a guess.

Wow, Zamus and Samus really ARE the same character.
Well, they really are because that's where Zero Suit Samus comes from...Samus becoming her in Zero Mission.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Lucario's probably the sole new Pokemon character, replacing Pichu. I, unlike most people, believe that Mewtwo and Jigglypuff will return and that Pichu will be dropped altogether. No matter HOW popular Pokemon is, I just can't see more than 4 playable ones in Brawl. I mean, I play Pokemon EVERY DAY, it's not like I don't get my fix already.

Lucario's fighting style, though, has a few things in common with Mewtwo's Melee move set, actually. His Aura Sphere behaves similar to Mewtwo's Shadow Ball, and his Metal Claw would resemble Mewtwo's Shadow Claw. However, since Lucario doesn't have telekinetic powers, he wouldn't float or teleport around, but would "feel" much more heavy and grounded, like Falco. Also, since Lucario's tail is very short and not suitable for so many of Mewtwo's attacks, all of his aerials and most of his tilts would be very different in appearance. Expect a lot of kicking and backhanding.

A cool Final Smash for Mewtwo would be a gigantic Psychic attack that hit all characters in a large circular radius for massive damage over a one to one and a half second span, with little to no knock back to compensate for the ease of preying on airborne foes.

A great FS for Jigglypuff would be having her inflate herself to about Bowser's size and then wildly bouncing around the arena, causing huge knock back but little damage, with incoming projectile attacks mostly just slowing her down or changing her direction.

Lucario, I admit, is hard to think of a decent FS for. A barrage of energy balls fired in many directions seems alright at best, considering the over-the-top nature of so many FSes. Likewise, one big Focus Blast attack would look a lot like Mario's FS. But then, what else is there? Hyper Beam? Dragon Pulse seems interesting in that it seems to incorporate some lightning or tornado effects when it hits in the Pokemon games.

Just my thoughts.

Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo. Everyone else can go sit in a Pokeball.
i agree with your fs. but idk what lucario's could be. i think we will get 4-5 Pokemon and imo they will most likely be meowth and lucario for the newcomers. meowth was supposed to be in melee. so he has a super high chance to be in brawl. and lucario is probably the most popular Pokemon of the later gens. and mewtwo definitely will stay cause he is ti iconic to the series like pikachu.

there might be a cheat where you can hold down a button before a match starts and you already are zss. like they did with Zelda/sheik.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Zero-Suit Samus probably be a good character, she is almost like Sheik, but with a gun, their attacks will be almost the same I bet.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
If that's the only way to unlock Zero Suit Samus, then it looks like actually getting the chance to play as her will be a pretty big rarity (because I don't really think the Final Smash Emblem will show up enough in casual play for you to get it that often, given that there will be three other players scrambling for it as well. And you can wave goodbye to Zero Suit Samus at all in tournament play if that's your schtick)

Weeee. Think about it this way, guys. Given how much time and programming it likely took to make Zamus since she obviously isn't just a Samus clone, we just lost a character slot to a character that can only be played after accessing an item!

......wait, that's not good.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
this kinda sucks for me. i always thought Samus and Zamus would be the same character and you would transform into Zamus in some way, but with a Final Smash it leads to too many questions. Will you still be able to get a Smash Ball to turn back into Samus? Will this be an advantage to Samus players? Will there be a choice to play JUST as Zamus?

Frankly i don't like the idea of Samus' Final Smash. Because of it's rare occurance, and the fact it can only be used once gives Samus players a HUGE disadvantage. If they don't like Zero Suit Samus, they can never get a Smash Ball, if they want to play as Samus after transforming, it looks like they won't be able to do that if a character can only get it once, and at this point we don't know which is the better fighter, Zamus or Samus.

Well at least we can now end the debate over the transformation

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
this update is no surprise at all. she transformed in the trailer, for one, but i wasnt expecting them to be separate characters because look at zelda/shiek she transforms because having them as separate characters would be just plain wierd, because zelda and shiek are the exact same person. same with samus/zamus. having them as separate characters would just be wierd, because they're.... oh right..... the same exact person.

bored

Smash Ace
Oh well I rarely ever use samus so it doesn't really bother me that much

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I really get tired of people saying Zamus = FS, FS = item, item = banned from tourneys; therefore Zamus = banned from tourneys.

I seriously doubt that's how it will be.

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
Okay, NOW she's banned from tournaments.

And I do think it IS an item. You'll actually have to pick it up.

Now let's hope Sakurai isn't a complete idiot and let us play with ZSSamus from the start, much like you could start with Sheik, only in a more obvious way.

Seriously, if you are able to transform into a weaker version of yourself, from what I've made up about Sakurai's text, you should be able to do the reverse with a Smash ball.
Who made you the be-all authority on who's banned?

I really hope the lot of you "pro" players don't dumb down the game more than you already have with melee. Let Brawl come out and see how she plays. I found this gif on a gaming forum of mine:

It's a mad, mad world when you read that. Whatever happened to having fun with the **** game? Lighten up, it could be...I dunno, FUN?

Samus's KA-ME-HA-ME-HA ftw

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Dylan is jacked up. Don't listen to that guy. He's one of the most infuriating people to deal with on the boards. He thinks he's God's gift to Smash for one, and second he's such a Melee fanboy that he can't accept the fact that it had flaws and that they will be fixed and that Brawl will be better. I have never lost faith in Sakurai. And anyone who bashes him like that just shows their ignorance and deserves no respect at all.

It's no wonder you got banned, dude...

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
Who made you the be-all authority on who's banned?

I really hope the lot of you "pro" players don't dumb down the game more than you already have with melee. Let Brawl come out and see how she plays. I found this gif on a gaming forum of mine:

It's a mad, mad world when you read that. Whatever happened to having fun with the **** game? Lighten up, it could be...I dunno, FUN?

Samus's KA-ME-HA-ME-HA ftw
ok thats just sad. brawl will not suck just because it doesnt go a certain way or a certain character(*coughdeoxyscough*) isn't in it. don't make up your mind about something way before it even comes out just because of a measly update. sheesh that guy's ********.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Hurray! Good riddance.

Anyway, even if Zamus wasn't playable AT ALL, who cares? It's not like she was an anticipated character for Brawl or something. sheesh. It's just something new and interesting. And heaven forbid have anything new or different in a brand-new Smash game...*rolls eyes*

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
Hurray! Good riddance.

Anyway, even if Zamus wasn't playable AT ALL, who cares? It's not like she was an anticipated character for Brawl or something. sheesh. It's just something new and interesting. And heaven forbid have anything new or different in a brand-new Smash game...*rolls eyes*
QFT.

Maybe the future can be a bright one.

Baha

Smash Cadet
First, I wouldn't doubt if it wasn't an item at all and was just part of the game. I really don't know why people are getting so worked up about Final Smashes. No one ran around crying bloody murder for Fox's shine or Sheik's fair or Marth's tipper. FSs are just another move. Get over it people; it's just another move. I see no reason why they shouldn't be in tournaments. Obviously, we'll have to wait and see what effects they have, but my prediction is that they won't be banned from mainstream tournaments (if possible).
The problem isn't the 'Final Smash' is the fact that you have to get a freaking item to perform it.

Lets say Im losing and running away and then all sudden a smash ball falls on top of me, i get it I use it I kick your *** and then the game is even (or I win). Why is that fair ? yes it can happen to both players because its 'random luck' but it doesn't necesarily happen in the same game.

Now if the Final Smash was a "Super Bar" then it would be AMAZING and of course it would be allowed in tournamnets. I would complain of a tournament with the stupid smash ball

Stupid sakurai you had the oportunity to add Supers into the game and make them awesome and you couldn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom