• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yep, no one can. Otherwise I'd talk to you more.
I can't edit my sig or posts...strange. Server issues obviously.

Anyways about the Brawl stages being big, I think it is because the Melee stages were generally too small. Look at the SSB64 stages, they were a bit too big often, and the opposite is true with Melee. I think Brawl will have more variety, but more mid-large sized courses, not Hyrule Temple or Hyrule Castle size if you get what I mean. Definitely not MKII size (I hate that stage). :)

Also, I heard Bowser is going on a diet, lol! :laugh:

Sariku

Smash Master

Anyways about the Brawl stages being big, I think it is because the Melee stages were generally too small. Look at the SSB64 stages, they were a bit too big often, and the opposite is true with Melee. I think Brawl will have more variety, but more mid-large sized courses, not Hyrule Temple or Hyrule Castle size if you get what I mean. Definitely not MKII size (I hate that stage). :)

love Big Stages, just not too much. Temple is one of my faves.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Ah... Hyrule Temple! A very interesting and awesome stage. I hope it returns. It's huge and has many places to battle. ^^

:O One more post Sariku!

M.K

Level 55

I think when the game designers created Hyrule Temple, they were like "THATS ENOUGH SIZE FOR THIS GAME!" :p

I mean, look at Flatzone, YIKES! That place is so hard to play on...

Sariku

Smash Master
Ah... Hyrule Temple! A very interesting and awesome stage. I hope it returns. It's huge and has many places to battle. ^^

:O One more post Sariku!
Your right, one more post. And I'm gonna make it count.

Scav pointed out to me just a minute ago, we all have been "breaking the rules," or atleast, not meeting expectations at all. We, are obligated to make more than "1 liners" in our posts, as to mods, is spam. Which I can agree, even I, the greatness named Sariku, has been "spamming" up the boards, even this thread. Its sad really, look at the last couple pages. Almost all of them are "I really hope that an Animal Crossing Character doesn't come..." not that topic so say, but only short posts. They want paragraphs, and I do think that it can be done, so can we please watch our posts? We're On Lockdown.

Also, Sonic for Brawl.

1000TH POST!

Sandy

Smash Champion
The only downside to Zelda in this game is that it's the Twilight Princess Zelda. She may have some good attacks, but unfortunately, we won't get that nifty little Sheik transformation anymore. All the same, there is another something that I think has quite a bit of potential. What character in Twilight Princess was forced to transform as a major plot point? Why, our hero, Link, of course! Who knows? Perhaps Wolf Link will be playable in the same fashion that Shiek was in Melee, and he may even have Midna riding atop his back. Wolf Link didn't have the greatest arsenal of attacks, but if Midna's riding with him, we could see some pretty serious moves on the battlefield.

And of course, I am very much looking forward to the Smashville stage, as you can see.

Yes, this is obviously shopped, so please don't start thinking that the villagers will interact with you here. You'll just get your hopes up.

Sariku

Smash Master
The only downside to Zelda in this game is that it's the Twilight Princess Zelda. She may have some good attacks, but unfortunately, we won't get that nifty little Sheik transformation anymore. All the same, there is another something that I think has quite a bit of potential. What character in Twilight Princess was forced to transform as a major plot point? Why, our hero, Link, of course! Who knows? Perhaps Wolf Link will be playable in the same fashion that Shiek was in Melee, and he may even have Midna riding atop his back. Wolf Link didn't have the greatest arsenal of attacks, but if Midna's riding with him, we could see some pretty serious moves on the battlefield.

And of course, I am very much looking forward to the Smashville stage, as you can see.

Yes, this is obviously shopped, so please don't start thinking that the villagers will interact with you here. You'll just get your hopes up.
Are you trying to say that Link will be able to transform into Wolf Link, or Zelda? Truthfuly, I don't want to see W.Link in it, it would feel... just weird, and a big waste of a character spot. If any new Zelda Character, besides W.W. Link, I say Vaati, he's a wind mage, and would have some very unique attacks.

Also, nice Photoshop, lol.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I could definatly see Sakurai throwing in Wolf link in as a secret character, but it seems unlikely for a mix of generations within a franchise? Or does that sound thickheaded to everyone else?

Sariku

Smash Master
I could definatly see Sakurai throwing in Wolf link in as a secret character, but it seems unlikely for a mix of generations within a franchise? Or does that sound thickheaded to everyone else?
(Try to talk more, this is considered Spam.)

I think IF IT HAS to be in Brawl, it should be an AT, I see no place for it as a Playable Character, Vaati would make SUCH a better addition... But I dont care for anymore Zelda franchises Brawlers, I say give us new franchises.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
(Try to talk more, this is considered Spam.)

I think IF IT HAS to be in Brawl, it should be an AT, I see no place for it as a Playable Character, Vaati would make SUCH a better addition... But I dont care for anymore Zelda franchises Brawlers, I say give us new franchises.
Sariku, you should really check out the WolfLink/Midna discussion thingy going on in Brawl Character discussion. People have made some really awesome suggestions and movesets that could really put you in the place of a change of heart really. I thought Wolflink would be an idiotic and useless idea + a waste of a character slot...but now I'm kinda 50-50 on the idea. It's a heck of an arguement. If I ever come across the thread, I'll post a link, but I'm too lazy to go looking for it.
How's this for spam? ;]

Sariku

Smash Master
Sariku, you should really check out the WolfLink/Midna discussion thingy going on in Brawl Character discussion. People have made some really awesome suggestions and movesets that could really put you in the place of a change of heart really. I thought Wolflink would be an idiotic and useless idea + a waste of a character slot...but now I'm kinda 50-50 on the idea. It's a heck of an arguement. If I ever come across the thread, I'll post a link, but I'm too lazy to go looking for it.
How's this for spam? ;]
Thats totally Spam. :laugh:

I might later, but I really don't want too. It's not that I don't like them, and I'm sure they could come up with some good ones, but They could place soo many better characters instead, and truthfuly, I think we got enough Zelda Characters. We only need the 3 who weild piece of the triforce.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
You know, I was just going to say "Amen" and leave it at that, but I wouldn't want your topic to get closed due to ub3r spam. So here's my 2 cents.

About how you said we only need 3 characters who wield the triforce...what if Ganondorf doesn't make a return? Obviously you heard Blackadders part that Youko read on "The Dojo" . Personally, Ganondorf HAS to come back, a nice even Three would definately be cool, considering there's only 3 triforce pieces, but I also think 5 would be a nice even number. The more characters the merrier, and I've always been a big fan of LoZ, I wouldn't mind Wolflink and Midna/Vaati being Playable Characters, just as long as Sakurai does a good job on them. But Wolf Link and Vaati aren't really as important as Ganondorf, now are they?

Sariku

Smash Master
You know, I was just going to say "Amen" and leave it at that, but I wouldn't want your topic to get closed due to ub3r spam. So here's my 2 cents.

About how you said we only need 3 characters who wield the triforce...what if Ganondorf doesn't make a return? Obviously you heard Blackadders part that Youko read on "The Dojo" . Personally, Ganondorf HAS to come back, a nice even Three would definately be cool, considering there's only 3 triforce pieces, but I also think 5 would be a nice even number. The more characters the merrier, and I've always been a big fan of LoZ, I wouldn't mind Wolflink and Midna/Vaati being Playable Characters, just as long as Sakurai does a good job on them. But Wolf Link and Vaati aren't really as important as Ganondorf, now are they?
While Vaati is a much better character suggestion than WolfLink/Midna, he's not well known enough. He's... well, just a baddy in 2 games. I think give them the 3 triforce users, and if we have to have another Zelda representative, WW Link of Vaati. But I'd rather have other franchises in than a bunch from the same. Unless their cool, like Lucario.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
While Vaati is a much better character suggestion than WolfLink/Midna, he's not well known enough. He's... well, just a baddy in 2 games. I think give them the 3 triforce users, and if we have to have another Zelda representative, WW Link of Vaati. But I'd rather have other franchises in than a bunch from the same. Unless their cool, like Lucario.
I lol'd at those last two lines, but I completely agree. I would rather have a whole bunch of characters from many different franchises than let's say...the FIVE from MARIO that we had in SSBM? For Brawl, I'd say I would be most content with a max of 4 characters from each franchise that we see, and a minimum of two. That way, it makes room for more franchises, and also no franchise would be represented by only ONE character. The problem is, I don't see anyone else coming from the Wario or Kid Icarus franchise.
-Sigh- December 3rd...we await thee.

Sariku

Smash Master
I lol'd at those last two lines, but I completely agree. I would rather have a whole bunch of characters from many different franchises than let's say...the FIVE from MARIO that we had in SSBM? For Brawl, I'd say I would be most content with a max of 4 characters from each franchise that we see, and a minimum of two. That way, it makes room for more franchises, and also no franchise would be represented by only ONE character. The problem is, I don't see anyone else coming from the Wario or Kid Icarus franchise.
-Sigh- December 3rd...we await thee.
I dont mind the Mario franchise accually, I mean without it, we got no smash. But if they give us more from them I just hope NO DAISY and ALOT OF BABY BOWSER! Wooo! He rocks, and though I love Baby Mario, I dont see him as a character.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Baby Mario, Paper Mario, Metal Mario, the list goes on.
From the Mario franchise, this would be ideal: Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Baby Boswer (Bowser Jr.) because if Mario has his brother, Bowser should have someone as well. And Baby Bowser and his menacing paintbrush do the job.
I wouldn't want Doc back because to me, he was a filler and a mario clone and the only major difference was the Pills. Atleast Luigi had some moves that differentiated MUCH from Mario's. Luigi made me proud in SSBM, because in EVERY Mario game that I've ever played, I always chose Luigi (Even sometimes in SSBM, but I don't main him. I play him for fun) and I was extremely happy when he turned out to not be a clone.
The reason why I wouldn't want Peach in is because she was an EXTREMELY powerful character in Melee which was just unnatural and IMO didn't fit her personality. Yes yes, Sakurai could COMPLETELY revamp her, but then we'd have thousands of SWF users whining and complaining about how she doesn't kick butt anymore. Wait a sec, if Sakurai took her out of the game though, SWF users would STILL complain.
Ugh, even though I don't know what this phrase means, I'm sure it's appropriate: "I don't win internets." -Define plx?

Sariku

Smash Master
Baby Mario, Paper Mario, Metal Mario, the list goes on.
From the Mario franchise, this would be ideal: Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Baby Boswer (Bowser Jr.) because if Mario has his brother, Bowser should have someone as well. And Baby Bowser and his menacing paintbrush do the job.
I wouldn't want Doc back because to me, he was a filler and a mario clone and the only major difference was the Pills. Atleast Luigi had some moves that differentiated MUCH from Mario's. Luigi made me proud in SSBM, because in EVERY Mario game that I've ever played, I always chose Luigi (Even sometimes in SSBM, but I don't main him. I play him for fun) and I was extremely happy when he turned out to not be a clone.
The reason why I wouldn't want Peach in is because she was an EXTREMELY powerful character in Melee which was just unnatural and IMO didn't fit her personality. Yes yes, Sakurai could COMPLETELY revamp her, but then we'd have thousands of SWF users whining and complaining about how she doesn't kick butt anymore. Wait a sec, if Sakurai took her out of the game though, SWF users would STILL complain.
Ugh, even though I don't know what this phrase means, I'm sure it's appropriate: "I don't win internets." -Define plx?
Peach isn't that strong, just her down smash is. And I never heard that Peach was cut, if I took you right. And if you did say that, I bet you 500 bucks shes not.

I think FireMario and Dr. Mario should be costumes. As I think Link should have WW Link as a costume with same moves, and dark link. Same with Samus/Dark Samus, with a Dark ZerO Suit Samus, or no transformation or whatever happens to get in.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Thats totally Spam. :laugh:

I might later, but I really don't want too. It's not that I don't like them, and I'm sure they could come up with some good ones, but They could place soo many better characters instead, and truthfully, I think we got enough Zelda Characters. We only need the 3 who wield piece of the triforce.
Quoted For Truth. i think by next ssb we aren't going to see any new Zelda or Mario characters. cause we don't really NEED anymore. Mario Luigi bowser and peach are the four central characters that move the plot. same with the happy triforce three. as fun as some other character who only were plot driven for one game (like skull kid or midina) just isn't necessary to be in any game. instead we are gonna see more and more new franchise characters add. and will make the next games more fresh then seeing like bones vs charmander or something. i truly think we should be pretty much done with Mario and Zelda characters. unless clones are added i don't want to hear it.

Sariku

Smash Master
Quoted For Truth. i think by next ssb we aren't going to see any new Zelda or Mario characters. cause we don't really NEED anymore. Mario Luigi bowser and peach are the four central characters that move the plot. same with the happy triforce three. as fun as some other character who only were plot driven for one game (like skull kid or midina) just isn't necessary to be in any game. instead we are gonna see more and more new franchise characters add. and will make the next games more fresh then seeing like bones vs charmander or something. i truly think we should be pretty much done with Mario and Zelda characters. unless clones are added i don't want to hear it.
EXCEPT!

Baby Bowser. He kicks butt.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
aaww.... it seems as though with all of the remaining days left until brawl comes out there will be plenty of music updates...*sigh* I definetely prefer confirmation on an older character than the music, although without any music the game wouldn't be as good.....><

I'll just have to wait till Tuesday's update and cross my fingers for something amazing....

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
EXCEPT!

Bowser Jr. is way better, unless that is who you mean. 5 Mario and 5 Zelda characters are to be expected in Brawl, minus Yoshi and Wario. In SSB4, Vatti will be in it, maybe Skull Kid, and Waluigi will be important with a Donkey Kong like comeback! Maybe Wart or Birdo, or Daisy, maybe. And we'll have 4 or 5 DK reps=DK, Diddy, Dixie, K Rool., and Ting, Lanky, or Krusha. :)

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr. is way better, unless that is who you mean. 5 Mario and 5 Zelda characters are to be expected in Brawl, minus Yoshi and Wario. In SSB4, Vatti will be in it, maybe Skull Kid, and Waluigi will be important with a Donkey Kong like comeback! Maybe Wart or Birdo, or Daisy, maybe. And we'll have 4 or 5 DK reps=DK, Diddy, Dixie, K Rool., and Ting, Lanky, or Krusha. :)

whoa whoa whoa whoa......ssb3 isn't even out yet ....and you're looking forward to the 4th?....that's a lotta characters. (I agree that waluigi will probably be in the possible 4th, just because of his frequent appearences in recent mario games....)

well, hopefully brawl will be SO good that it distracts everyone from even wondering about a sequel....hopefully

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
EXCEPT!

as a clone i guess sure why not. but if you mean bowser jr maybe

5 mario only if a clone is added please and if there is 5 zelda characters i'll shoot my self. i rather have new series new comers then vaati and skull kid. same with dk all that needs to be there is DK diddy (or a diddy dixie combo) and king k rool. ting, lanky and krusha should only be ats they just dont stand out enough. oh and no to all your character suggestions easy fix give yoshi a birdo costume. peach a daisy costume again give luigi a waluigi costume and who's wart again?

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
whoa whoa whoa whoa......ssb3 isn't even out yet ....and you're looking forward to the 4th?....that's a lotta characters. (I agree that waluigi will probably be in the possible 4th, just because of his frequent appearences in recent mario games....)

well, hopefully brawl will be SO good that it distracts everyone from even wondering about a sequel....hopefully
There won't be a fourth, this is the last SSB.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Brawl better be heaven in a handbasket.. or on a DVD for the matter... Ending the SSB Trilogy with a bad game will be a bad deal..

Since its the only one that I will actually own.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
cool music update today. i love the music updates. i love hearing what the vast amounts of composers will add to the smash series. the star fox armada sounds epic, so i'm looking forward to playing on the stage it's featured on and listening to it in the background

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Funny thing about Vaati is that he's most likely appear as his EVIL EYE OF DOOM FORM. Minish Cap did give him a humanoid look, but in the long run he just ended up in his final form much like in Four Swords which took place after Minish Cap.

You could argue Ganon, but Ganondorf was established in Link To The Past and finally got a look in OoT, plus is more relevant. If there is another Zelda char, it either be more TP related (I wouldn't mind seeing Zant honestly), or, for an interesting idea, tribute related.

Bring back Young Link, but have his moves represent the franchise over the years. Y'know like give him the White Sword (which I guess is the Master Sword anyway, blah), or maybe the Great Fairy Sword and Mirror Shield, the Fire Rod, Cane of *. Y'know, various items we've seen.

AAbatterie

Smash Apprentice
I don't really care about the music updates. I mean, the music is good and all, and there are a lot of great composers but I'd rather have a new stage or character. Then again, if they reveal too much, the game wouldn't really have that much of the "wow" factor when we buy it.

And maybe I was just expecting a lot because I woke up from a nightmare and was hoping the new brawl update would make me feel better.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to keep this simple, but my fan boy mind will make it hard... Shadow has appeared as an Android in all the later games. Somehow though, this one android, while surronded by his clones, is superior and better. It can also do Chaos Control and Hyper Shadow and such. This is confirmed in Sonic Heroes, once you beat Team Dark, and is touched on slightly by Shadow the Hedgehog.
(yes, I know, but when he said this a few pages back, it was not touched on again)

Sariku, while I admit that most of the game is devoted to cultivating this image, it eventually turns out to be wrong. In the end of ShtH, when you are fighting the final boss, Devil Doom, there's a quote from Eggman that you hear 10 minutes into the battle that finally proves otherwise. I'll give you the quote.

Eggman said:
"Shadow... can you hear me...? This might be the last chance I have to speak to you, so... What I said, about having created you... it was all a lie. Everyone thought you died during that horrible incident... but I rescued you, with one of my robots... You lost your memories, that's all... You really are the Ultimate Life Form my grandfather created!"
Just sayin'. Y'all can get back on topic now.

Sariku

Smash Master
(yes, I know, but when he said this a few pages back, it was not touched on again)

Sariku, while I admit that most of the game is devoted to cultivating this image, it eventually turns out to be wrong. In the end of ShtH, when you are fighting the final boss, Devil Doom, there's a quote from Eggman that you hear 10 minutes into the battle that finally proves otherwise. I'll give you the quote.

Just sayin'. Y'all can get back on topic now.
GOD DANG IT! ITS BELIEVABLE! But I havn't got that far in the game yet... now I have too, thanks alot.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
You have absolutely no proof of that.

This is the last SSB that Sakurai is making, but that in no way stops Nintendo from making more.
How can they possibly top this one? 50 Characters and 100 stages? Or make it online if Brawl isn't...? That's all I can think of...

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
How can they possibly top this one? 50 Characters and 100 stages? Or make it online if Brawl isn't...? That's all I can think of...

good point. I guess all they really could do is just update each character if a newer game (ex. 2nd Zelda for Wii) comes out....

Now that I think about it 3 Smash Bros. games sounds like all there will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom