• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sariku

Smash Master
me too. i played twin snakes once, and i wasn't that interested. then he appeared in the trailer, and next thing you know i bought the game, finished it, and now consider snake one of the most awesome and badass characters around
Hoping to much for me though. Sonic is in the Olympics. Sonic will (hopefully) be in brawl. What do you think about him in Kart?

Salaad

Smash Ace
For me ANY character can be in Brawl. I don't get why people don't want other characters in Brawl, it doesn't hurt them. If it doesn't hurt gameplay, then I'm fine with it. Btw, Mario Kart Wii is gonna own 12 people online racing...dam...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Hoping to much for me though. Sonic is in the Olympics. Sonic will (hopefully) be in brawl. What do you think about him in Kart?
Mario Kart? at this point, won't happen. in the near future, maybe.

oh and i read your post in the "Brawl Online in trouble" thread, and i didn't want to post in there because i know brawl will be online, but i have to point out a few errors you said.

It wasn't shiggy who contacted Sakurai, it was Iwata, the pres. of nintendo. Iwata didn't want melee with online, but if Sakurai wasn't the head, that's what would of happened.

sorry about being anal, but i'm a perfectionist and it bothered me

Sariku

Smash Master
Mario Kart? at this point, won't happen. in the near future, maybe.

oh and i read your post in the "Brawl Online in trouble" thread, and i didn't want to post in there because i know brawl will be online, but i have to point out a few errors you said.

It wasn't shiggy who contacted Sakurai, it was Iwata, the pres. of nintendo. Iwata didn't want melee with online, but if Sakurai wasn't the head, that's what would of happened.

sorry about being anal, but i'm a perfectionist and it bothered me
Hey its cool. Thanks for pointing that out, I'm sure that others will bring this thread up again, and I can say it correctly this time.

And for Kart, why not? Shigsy said that He would love to see the Blue Blur in a Mario Kart game before DS, but didn't happen. Reggie said that they think the more Characters, the more fun. So why not Sonic?

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. I've never screwed around much with Konami. I've always been a Nintendo/Sega fan myself, so Mario and Sonic at the Olympics is as a dream for me, but it pisses me off some, well atleast the trailer. Find it on youtube, and look at it. When Everyone starts running, Mario and Sonic are in the lead, while everyone else trails behind... HOW THE HECK is Mario caught up with Sonic. While yes, Sonic has a SLIGHT lead, Sonic would of lapped it about 1000 time by now. Speed of Sound, hello? With Knuckles running Mario over as we speak, Tails too.
True. Sonic is known for ridiculously high speeds so obviously he would win no problem. But I think Sonic was being nice by slowing down for Mario.;)
They should have sticked with a different event from the game, where all characters could be equal in, but oh well...

Anyway, back on topic, I think that there is a 90% chance that Sonic will be in Brawl. He was the most requested third party character for Brawl, and I wouldn't be surprized to hear that Sonic was the most requested newcomer! Sonic would be perfect for Brawl, and I've heard that he was supposed to be in Melee along with Tails, but didn't get put in and instead became the hoax that you all know I'm sure. (Maybe Mario & Sonic at the olympics is just a cover-up to make people think that that will be the first game with Mario and Sonic together, so that people focus away from Sonic in Brawl:psycho:lol)

I also think though that being in Mario Kart will be unlikely, that's different because it's a Mario game, with Mario characters, with Nintendo, it really CAN be easily stretched, but you never know...

Sariku

Smash Master
To everyone above.

I think Mario Kart is still a very deep mystery. Nothing more to say.

And about Olympics being a cover up, Nintendo screwed up. That just makes, well, made me, maybe others, believe Sonic will be in Brawl more.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
unless sega is doing something with mario kart, like namco did for the arcade versions, there won't be sonic in mario kart for a long time. this one i HIGHLY doubt sega has any involvement, especially because they are working on olympics, and hopefully for most of you guys out there, Brawl has inclusion

Sariku

Smash Master
unless sega is doing something with mario kart, like namco did for the arcade versions, there won't be sonic in mario kart for a long time. this one i HIGHLY doubt sega has any involvement, especially because they are working on olympics, and hopefully for most of you guys out there, Brawl has inclusion
Who said Sega would be making it? Mario and Sonic are made by Sega, so why can't Nintendo return the favor and make Mario Kart with Sonic in it?

ALSO! http://www.wiisworld.com/wii-news/mario-sonic-olympics-commercial.html

Watch, its... not fair.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
And about Olympics being a cover up, Nintendo screwed up. That just makes, well, made me, maybe others, believe Sonic will be in Brawl more.
lol, that was just a joke of mine, but seriously, it should make it seem more likely because that means that Nintendo is ready to have "Mario vs. Sonic" and "Nintendo vs. Sega".

Sariku

Smash Master
lol, that was just a joke of mine, but seriously, it should make it seem more likely because that means that Nintendo is ready to have "Mario vs. Sonic" and "Nintendo vs. Sega".
Sadly Nintendo would win... I could so see Shigero Miyamoto and Hajime Satomi square off in a fight... amazing.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
the commercial was funny. had the dramatic movie announcer and everything.

but i'm guessing you're upset that mario can actually run as fast as sonic. well, the creators did state that each character has certain levels in speed, power, and technique. so for sonic it's easier to play as him in the 100 meter dash, but he sucks in diskus throwing or shot putt.

but hey, maybe the olympics have a speed limit:laugh:

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Kirby was never 3rd party. Nintendo had Hal before Kirby was made. how else could you explain Miyamoto's involvment with the creation of kirby?
Kirby was indeed third party as of the first title and was created and designed by none other than Masahiro Sakurai. It is true that Miyamoto is said to have played a collaborative role in development of the title, but Nintendo did not acquire Hal until after June 22, 1992 when Hal approached Then-President Yamauchi for support, which was a while after Kirby's Dream Land had been developed and released. For the 10+ years prior, Hal was a third party publisher and occasional collaborator with Nintendo. Kind of like Mario&Sonic or the VS. titles between Capcom and SNK.

Nintendo did not acquire Hal until after they expanded their development studio and ran into a great deal of debt when their sales didn't do as well as expected.

I'm certainly not claiming he was still third party as of SSB, though =p.

Sariku

Smash Master
the commercial was funny. had the dramatic movie announcer and everything.

but i'm guessing you're upset that mario can actually run as fast as sonic. well, the creators did state that each character has certain levels in speed, power, and technique. so for sonic it's easier to play as him in the 100 meter dash, but he sucks in diskus throwing or shot putt.

but hey, maybe the olympics have a speed limit:laugh:
I lol'd at the speed limit thing.

I thought (before I just read that) that each character will be better than another in some way, like Sonic, Mario, Shadow, and Luigi would be balanced out Characters, good at anything. While people like Tails, Amy, Cream, Peach, Daisy, and such would be good at stuff like running, long jump, and all. Then the heavy hitters like Eggman, Bowser, Knuckles, and others will all be strong and great physique. So they can be better at stuff like Fencing.

But thats just me. Doens't mean Sonic should be able to swim now, or that Mario should be able to OUTRUN Knuckles, let alone keep up with Sonic.

Teben

Smash Apprentice
You know back in the SatAM Sonic cartoon, he swam in a pond once. Maybe he's been faking it in all these games just so he can have an edge years later at the Olympics!!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Kirby was indeed third party as of the first title and was created and designed by none other than Masahiro Sakurai. It is true that Miyamoto is said to have played a collaborative role in development of the title, but Nintendo did not acquire Hal until after June 22, 1992 when Hal approached Then-President Yamauchi for support, which was a while after Kirby's Dream Land had been developed and released. For the 10+ years prior, Hal was a third party publisher and occasional collaborator with Nintendo.

Nintendo did not acquire Hal until after they expanded their development studio and ran into a great deal of debt when their sales didn't do as well as expected.
yes i know Hal was made in 1980, BUT kirby wasn't made until 1992, the same year Hal became a second-party developer. plus clearly the first Kirby game, Kirby's Dream Land for the Gameboy, was published by Nintendo.

kirby was never third-party. he's always been second party

Sariku

Smash Master
You know back in the SatAM Sonic cartoon, he swam in a pond once. Maybe he's been faking it in all these games just so he can have an edge years later at the Olympics!!
And then he still gets smoked by Mario.

I GOT IT! In the Genesis Games when he falls in the water, he can run... MAYBE HE RUNS UNDERWATER! Mario is sooooo screwed.

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
or maybe Mario wasnt running at his full potential in all his other games and now that his eternal rival has appeared to confront him, he feels the need to show the world that he is truly the fastest mascot?

young link could run faster then sonic anyway =/

btw i was thinking, Sonic's smash ball ultimate move thing would be like a transformation into Super Sonic... i had a dream of it last night Super Sonic warping around at the speed of sound messing up giga bowser....

lol run under water

Sariku

Smash Master
or maybe Mario wasnt running at his full potential in all his other games and now that his eternal rival has appeared to confront him, he feels the need to show the world that he is truly the fastest mascot?

young link could run faster then sonic anyway =/

btw i was thinking, Sonic's smash ball ultimate move thing would be like a transformation into Super Sonic... i had a dream of it last night Super Sonic warping around at the speed of sound messing up giga bowser....
Or Chaos Control, where every but him is in a "Slow Mo Melee" like, 1/4 in Trainer, while he is in a regular speed, if not faster.

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
eh i like my super sonic idea better, im a sucker for transformations

i mean sonic would probably already be a fast character why make him faster when you can make him yellow? and i think shadow wont be in brawl but he might be one of sonic's alternate costumes

wat kind of sonic levels do u expect to see?

Sariku

Smash Master
eh i like my super sonic idea better, im a sucker for transformations

i mean sonic would probably already be a fast character why make him faster when you can make him yellow? and i think shadow wont be in brawl but he might be one of sonic's alternate costumes

wat kind of sonic levels do u expect to see?
A massive Green Hill Zone Level, but please no Mushroom Kingdom kind of set up, I hate levels where you can run off the stage, like Onet. I like ones like Final Destination and the Temple, where its a floating platform.

And about the Super Sonic thing, don't get me wrong, I love Super Sonic, but I always felt that that kind of stuff is taken by everything, Dragon Ball Z's Super Sayian as a prime example.

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
about the sonic music i would love to hear the main theme, DOO DOO DO DOO DOO DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DO

and live and learn would be awesome to listen to while fighting as well =D

btw i love super saiyans.... >=P

Sariku

Smash Master
but a slow-mo thing? it's gonna be super sonic, that's like his "uber move" that he has in every game, and the smash ball is the essense of "uber"
Don't forget also though, In Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, he finished the game off with Chaos Control, but sadly, Shadow didn't make it... I never liked Shadow that much, but that made me cry... I think I am again... -sigh-

Also, now that I think about it, Sakurai is going new school with the Stages, Delfino Plaza, Lylat Cruise, and such are all prime examples of them. So I say an Arabian Style, how about the last level in Secret Rings? That would be Epic.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i have that game for the cube. he fell...i laughed (actually if sonic fell to his death, i'd laugh too, i'm mean like that!)

then he appeared again, and i was like "Whoa, he didn't die...good for him"

Sariku

Smash Master
i have that game for the cube. he fell...i laughed (actually if sonic fell to his death, i'd laugh too, i'm mean like that!)

then he appeared again, and i was like "Whoa, he didn't die...good for him"
I'll try to keep this simple, but my fan boy mind will make it hard... Shadow has appeared as an Android in all the later games. Somehow though, this one android, while surronded by his clones, is superior and better. It can also do Chaos Control and Hyper Shadow and such. This is confirmed in Sonic Heroes, once you beat Team Dark, and is touched on slightly by Shadow the Hedgehog.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
never cared for the other games. i had sonic heroes, but sold it so the only game of sonic i have is adventure 2 battle (oh and the original on virtual console)

whatever. hey know what's stupid though? playing guitar hero for 3 hours doing really hard stuff you haven't done before, letting your fingers get numb, then come to smashboards and type a post like the ones i've already done...i still can't feel them

Sariku

Smash Master
never cared for the other games. i had sonic heroes, but sold it so the only game of sonic i have is adventure 2 battle (oh and the original on virtual console)

whatever. hey know what's stupid though? playing guitar hero for 3 hours doing really hard stuff you haven't done before, letting your fingers get numb, then come to smashboards and type a post like the ones i've already done...i still can't feel them
Never played Guitar Hero Before, but plan on getting 3 for my Wii.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i'm borrowing it, and i am getting it for the Wii. i'm doing career on medium, and i can do it on that level, but the licks are so fast that my fingers hurt after a while. doing it for as long as i did made my fingers go numb. but it's a game where you just keep playing past the pain. in fact i only quit cause i couldn't get the last song on medium.

anyway that's off topic. uhhhh...what now?

Sariku

Smash Master
i'm borrowing it, and i am getting it for the Wii. i'm doing career on medium, and i can do it on that level, but the licks are so fast that my fingers hurt after a while. doing it for as long as i did made my fingers go numb. but it's a game where you just keep playing past the pain. in fact i only quit cause i couldn't get the last song on medium.

anyway that's off topic. uhhhh...what now?
Not Sure... I'm working on a new Epic Signature...

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
currently watching melancholy of haruhi suzumiya, will rejoin the conversation in a few....

p.s guitar hero owns all current sonic games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom