• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betaz

Smash Ace
@TILT
LMFAO

to me that game seems like a waste of time (jk)

i might try it out like renting it or something

Sariku

Smash Master
i won't i'll just end up selling it like all my sonic games

*sigh* i want adventure battle 2 back
I love Adventure 2 Battle, Heroes, Rush, and Secret Rings. The best in my opinion. Rivals and Adventure DX was okay. Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog were horrible.

Betaz

Smash Ace
I love Adventure 2 Battle, Heroes, Rush, and Secret Rings. The best in my opinion. Rivals and Adventure DX was okay. Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog were horrible.
i was thinking about getting secret rings...

how would you rate it storywise and by gameplay?

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
Hey Sariku, long time, no chat.

Yes, DK does look more cartoonish. But that isn't really a bad thing.

Im, I don't think that hints Sonic in brawl, but that fact mario is in the game means Sonic Should be in Brawl, a fari tradeout.

Kurosagi

Smash Apprentice
Eh, imo third party characters shouldn't be in Brawl. It's not like Nintendo doesn't a shortage of possible characters.

Sariku

Smash Master
i was thinking about getting secret rings...

how would you rate it storywise and by gameplay?
Storywise... 7.5 out of 10.
Game Play... if you can get used to the "always running forward thing," its a nine. You don't make him move, he is always running, you can slow him down and stop him completely though. Also walk backwards. You control it like you would Excite Truck. I give it a 9 out of 10. But you might say otherwise.

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
by sonic the hedgehog i know u dont mean the old sega genesis games?

sariku ill freakin kill you, adventure 2 battle was the best sonic game but the genesis games were freakin awesome too

Betaz

Smash Ace
Storywise... 7.5 out of 10.
Game Play... if you can get used to the "always running forward thing," its a nine. You don't make him move, he is always running, you can slow him down and stop him completely though. Also walk backwards. You control it like you would Excite Truck. I give it a 9 out of 10. But you might say otherwise.
well i liked the original sonics for the sega systems and you couldn't really go backwards in those games...
is it like those at all where you are going insanely fast?

Sariku

Smash Master
by sonic the hedgehog i know u dont mean the old sega genesis games?

sariku ill freakin kill you, adventure 2 battle was the best sonic game but the genesis games were freakin awesome too
I just said that Adventure 2 Battle was the best game, Secret rings just behind.

And Sonic the Hedgehog 06, for the 360 and PS3, not Genesis.

well i liked the original sonics for the sega systems and you couldn't really go backwards in those games...
is it like those at all where you are going insanely fast?
You start off slow, but as you progress through the game, it gets faster.

Kurosagi

Smash Apprentice
It just seems like marketing to me though, if Sega were still making consoles, I doubt Sonic would stand a chance in Brawl.

Sariku

Smash Master
It just seems like marketing to me though, if Sega were still making consoles, I doubt Sonic would stand a chance in Brawl.
But thats the point, SEGA ain't making em. If they was, it would be some wacko cross over game, and Miyamoto wouldnt' let Mario on a SEGA System. But since they don't, it can work.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
The availability and rivalry are ripe to make some sort of marketable shenanigans...

I'm thinking an advertisement that just has, like...

"Mario. Versus. Sonic. 12/03/07."

VivaLaPuff

Smash Apprentice
I'll hate it at first but I'll get used to Sonic's inclusion in Brawl and then it'll be as if there were no conflict in the first place.

I just think the way Reggie hinted at Sonic's inclusion (there's one game that will take that rivalry and turn it into an outright BRAWL) was genius.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
^^^^^^^ i'm afraid that's a common misconception, re-watch the conference. Reggie states that with Olympics, people will fight over the wii controllers. He then says that brawl will turn that fight (over the wii controllers) into 'an absolute brawl'. I wish it were otherwise, but it's not a hint.

I don't doubt sonic's inclusion though.

Sandy

Smash Champion
My question is: After everyone expresses their reasons for wanting to see Sonic, are you going to try to find arguements to combat those reasons? It's quite difficult to find good, legitimate reasons for keeping Sonic out of Brawl, ya know. I hope that debate wasn't your intention...

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Word. I can't even conceive any sort of sensible reason behind wanting him excluded.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
My question is: After everyone expresses their reasons for wanting to see Sonic, are you going to try to find arguements to combat those reasons? It's quite difficult to find good, legitimate reasons for keeping Sonic out of Brawl, ya know. I hope that debate wasn't your intention...
Mmm... he's not a Nintendo character (I think Snake is pushing it), I like the way it's a Nintendo bash and who's the best Nintendo character.

e.g. "The winer of Nintendo Ssbb is............ Sonic!" I like Sonic, but he should be in his own smash game. (Something like Sonic advanced battle.)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i want him in, but some people think that smash brothers should stick to nintendo all stars, and are pissed that snake broke that and hope sonic doesn't push it further. not me though.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i love that we are getting characters not owned by nintendo. it shows how much smash kicks a**! and i'm really glad it was Snake that started it.

but i don't mind if sonic would be in brawl. he's not a character i'm excited about. but cool if he did make it. good ol sega vs. nintendo rivalry. but if he didn't, you guys still have Mario Vs. Sonic at the Olympics

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Well personally, I'd love to use my italian ancestry to good use, and take a baseball bat to sonic's kneecaps. He ain't a-fast critter a-no more.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
The only way I can think of to not put him in is becaue of the Sonic vs. Mario olympics. Even though it improves his chances in a way,, but think about like this...

They made the game to make up for the absence of Sonic in brawl. *shrugs* thats all i got...

SONIC FOR BRAWL!!

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Teeeeechnically Kirby is a former third party (now second-party) character developed by Hal, who was separate from Nintendo at it's inception and did not become partners with the big N until after the Kirby franchise had been established.

So even the first game sort of had a "guest star."

Also, Metal Gear totally had it's roots on the NES and Sega has been a healthy contributer to Nintendo, especially on it's hand-helds, and has developed a very good relationship with Nintendo as well.

Case in point, Sega is actually developing Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, NOT Nintendo. If this is sort of Sega's step closer to Nintendo, then I'm willing to bet we will see Sonic in Smash as Nintendo's step toward Sega.

Also, as Nintendo fans, you should instead be supportive of Nintendo's embrace of third party partners and not condone their further separation...In fact, it's this very separation that has been so extremely damaging to Nintendo since the N64. If not for the GBA's success, Nintendo was on the verge of bankruptcy, and the sudden loss of third party support (Square, Capcom, Konami, etc, all but abandoned Nintendo development in favor of Sony)
was most likely the biggest part of that.

"The more the merrier."

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
Teben ur like the nintendo prophet, bringing the word of the good lord Sakurai

i agree with evrythin u said

@Octillus lol at ur italian accent, tho it took me awhile to a-get it

Sariku

Smash Master
...back.

I dont know why you guys are complaining about 3rd Party. I mean, hes not gonna put in 2000 and 1 non Nintendo characters, just 2 or 3. I didn't even know about Snake till he appeared in the Trailer, but now I wanna play one of his games. This could mean more money for Nintendo, providing that the 3rd Party makes the games for Nintendo.

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Exactly. I agree entirely.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Let's hope it blossoms into a healthy amount of Konami titles for the Wii.

Sariku

Smash Master
Exactly. I agree entirely.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Let's hope it blossoms into a healthy amount of Konami titles for the Wii.
Hmm. I've never screwed around much with Konami. I've always been a Nintendo/Sega fan myself, so Mario and Sonic at the Olympics is as a dream for me, but it pisses me off some, well atleast the trailer. Find it on youtube, and look at it. When Everyone starts running, Mario and Sonic are in the lead, while everyone else trails behind... HOW THE HECK is Mario caught up with Sonic. While yes, Sonic has a SLIGHT lead, Sonic would of lapped it about 1000 time by now. Speed of Sound, hello? With Knuckles running Mario over as we speak, Tails too.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Teeeeechnically Kirby is a former third party (now second-party) character developed by Hal, who was separate from Nintendo at it's inception and did not become partners with the big N until after the Kirby franchise had been established.
Kirby was never 3rd party. Nintendo had Hal before Kirby was made. how else could you explain Miyamoto's involvment with the creation of kirby?

I didn't even know about Snake till he appeared in the Trailer, but now I wanna play one of his games.
me too. i played twin snakes once, and i wasn't that interested. then he appeared in the trailer, and next thing you know i bought the game, finished it, and now consider snake one of the most awesome and badass characters around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom