• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I'm not denying that an Animal Crossing character won't be part of the final roster but dismissing a character because they don't fight in their game is a stupid excuse. We now have an Animal Crossing stage and symbol and based on the last two games of the series, there is ALWAYS a representative for any stages available.

There is a possibility that an Animal Crossing character will be in the roster so suck it up and deal with it. I'd rather they be assist characters though but you can't deny strong evidence.

Edit: Let me further my point. Look at the Dr. Wright update and then look at the Smashville update. Notice anything peculiar? Maybe you should check the icons. Dr. Wright has a smash icon and not a custom one like Goroh before him and the Smashville stage. Do you know why? Because there are no Sim City characters playable. However, why bother making an icon for a stage? Hmm...

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i now believe that mii will be the character to represent this stage and wii sports

makes most sence since the AC characters are in the background (only mr. resetti has a chance0

also don't use the character stage excuse brawl is a new game it doesn't need to fill all the rules

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
your both right respectively. me personally i dont really want an animal crossing character playble. but the icon thing does bring up a good point. i am more leaning to them just being AT's. seeing as the dog person dont know his name is in the stage and i kinda think he's really popular and he isnt playble then there wont be any other animal crossing character that will get the spot. I could be wrong though. the possibilty is there.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
My assumption, should an animal crossing character be included, would be that a human would be the character. I'm none too familiar with animal crossing though so my word for it is about as good as anyone else's...

Caael

Smash Lord
I doubt there will be AC characters. You saw the 2 most popular candidates there gone from discussion with one level.

On another note, I hope that in winter that the background and stage will be covered in snow, and in fall that the tree's will be brown and orange, and in summer, bugs would be flying around. Maybe i'm taking this too far.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Come on! Its obvious! The main character from AC will be playable in brawl! Think about it! B moves: Axe, Shovel, Bug Catching Net, Fishing Rod and a bunch of furniture for standard A moves.

If G&W worked, ANYTHING can work.
QFT!
I for one am/would be very happy to see AC Playable characters, and the Character you play as seems to be the most likely choice. Heh, we know eye contact is now made - I'm laughing at the idea of the cute Happy-Go-Lucky guy from AC staring into the eyes of Giga Bowser. *cackles evilly*

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I think there will be no playable AC character. I think they decided that none would work, so they created a stage so they could satisfy fans by having them in the game, without putting them on the actual roster. Kinda like how ATs satisfy fans of certain characters who were not quite worthy of a roster spot.

Caael said:
On another note, I hope that in winter that the background and stage will be covered in snow, and in fall that the tree's will be brown and orange, and in summer, bugs would be flying around. Maybe i'm taking this too far.
That should be possible as long as the Wii knows what hemisphere it's in... do they have a way of knowing that?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
animal crossing is too cute/non-violent I think to be included in Brawl. The characters in Brawl fight in their respective games, so I'm thinking there will not be an Animal Crossing character...
Playable AC characters aside...

I think this stage is actually a strong argument for "Celda" Link. For all of those people who complained that he'd look "out of place"...just look at the fighters on the stage with the cartoony characters in the background with almost "celda"-like qualities. I think he has a strong chance.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Anyone can work. You'd just have to try hard enough. B'sides. After Game & Watch, it's pretty **** convincing.

And a little lightheartedness never hurt anyone. Just because YOU can't think of anything fitting for an AC character doesn't mean SORA can't.

Teben

Smash Apprentice
I highly doubt there will be an AC character.

But maybe Tom Nook will sell us trophies?

Also, the AC stage can't really give us any hints whatsoever as to the inclusion of a "Celda" Young Link. WW-Link would need his own special surface shader to get the wind waker look and the AC stage isn't using anything like that.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea but Tom Nook used to own a fight club and your saying that Peach and Dr.Mario arnt peaceful?

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Seeing an AC assist trophy is a lot more plausible than a character, I think.

mrbiz

Smash Rookie
I think there will be no playable AC character. I think they decided that none would work, so they created a stage so they could satisfy fans by having them in the game, without putting them on the actual roster. Kinda like how ATs satisfy fans of certain characters who were not quite worthy of a roster spot.

That should be possible as long as the Wii knows what hemisphere it's in... do they have a way of knowing that?
The wii can definitely tell which hemisphere its in, the various regional online services are proof of this. Also I think they have shown that if they want to use a character/franchise they'll find a way. But I do agree they may consider the AC franchise inappropriate for brawl.

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
The thread hasn't been updated. Sariku has been banned?

But back on topic, Tom Nook will probably be an AT. Not a fighter. He doesn't fit the games overall 'roster' feeling. I know, not a good back up argument, but I just don't see it.

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
nice going sari -_-

edit: i agree with whoever said it b4, there might be an AC character because why would they make an icon for a stage alone? all the other stages rock the icon that is used for the winning character from that stage, so who knows....

btw i hate AC....

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
nobody knows for sure whats gonna happen until more updates come out, but it is more likely that Tom or some other AC character would be much better suited as an AT

Waenke

Smash Cadet
Hey, you know how the stage is always movin around to different spots on Delfino Plaza? Well, did anyone take a good look at the new Smash Delfino Plaza? I did, and found out somethin pretty sweet? Can anyone say "Battle on top of the Shine Gate?" =D

Sariku

Smash Master
Who said I was banned? I truly don't remember being banned, but if you say I was... I say I was... on vacation.

Either or, I'm about to update the thread.

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
haha sariku = it

im stayin up till 3 trainin *ahem* my milotic =D

but mostly to wait for the next update, cuz to me smashville was no god **** update....

Sandy

Smash Champion
So, now, how do you close out the most disappointing week of updates yet? With a bang of course. Call me a sucker for Brawl's stages, but my god Sakurai has done it yet again. A few weeks ago I completely praised Lylat Cruise. I scored it at a 9.5 for its freshness, stunning graphical pizzazz, and promise. Despite that, I couldn't give such an update a 10. After all, we'd seen it before briefly. Right now, I feel safe saying that Smashville absolutely dominates every other previously announced stage including Lylat Cruise. Now let me justify this decision; I admittedly am a huge Animal Crossing fan, so a little bit of bias is seeping through I suppose. But here we have a completely vivid, colorful, and unique stage. It's surrounded by Animal Crossing's most recognizable faces and landmarks. Just like the game, the darkness changed depending on what time you play it. Yes, this is all pretty exciting stuff. But what's this? At 8 PM every Saturday... K.K. Slider performs on the stage?! Just like in the game!??!

Personally, K.K. has always been my favorite part of AC. Waiting for him on Saturdays kept bringing me back to the game. Lo and behold, that same aspect will be present in Brawl. This is the first time ever that a stage alone will give gamers a reason to come back to it. This gives a single stage alone unbelievable amounts of appeal. But, what's the icing on the cake? Displayed in the corner is a new franchise image. One for Animal Crossing. What does this mean? Well ladies and gentleman, AC will probably be getting a character in Brawl! Maybe we didn't get a new character at E3, but we basically got promise of one here. It even leaves a sense of mystery, seeing as most of the characters are appearing as part of the stage's backdrop. I could rant and rave about this for a long time, but I will leave it short and simple; this easily ranks among the best updates on the site. It may even be the best yet. I don't care what anyone says; perfect.

Sariku

Smash Master
So, now, how do you close out the most disappointing week of updates yet? With a bang of course. Call me a sucker for Brawl's stages, but my god Sakurai has done it yet again. A few weeks ago I completely praised Lylat Cruise. I scored it at a 9.5 for its freshness, stunning graphical pizzazz, and promise. Despite that, I couldn't give such an update a 10. After all, we'd seen it before briefly. Right now, I feel safe saying that Smashville absolutely dominates every other previously announced stage including Lylat Cruise. Now let me justify this decision; I admittedly am a huge Animal Crossing fan, so a little bit of bias is seeping through I suppose. But here we have a completely vivid, colorful, and unique stage. It's surrounded by Animal Crossing's most recognizable faces and landmarks. Just like the game, the darkness changed depending on what time you play it. Yes, this is all pretty exciting stuff. But what's this? At 8 PM every Saturday... K.K. Slider performs on the stage?! Just like in the game!??!

Personally, K.K. has always been my favorite part of AC. Waiting for him on Saturdays kept bringing me back to the game. Lo and behold, that same aspect will be present in Brawl. This is the first time ever that a stage alone will give gamers a reason to come back to it. This gives a single stage alone unbelievable amounts of appeal. But, what's the icing on the cake? Displayed in the corner is a new franchise image. One for Animal Crossing. What does this mean? Well ladies and gentleman, AC will probably be getting a character in Brawl! Maybe we didn't get a new character at E3, but we basically got promise of one here. It even leaves a sense of mystery, seeing as most of the characters are appearing as part of the stage's backdrop. I could rant and rave about this for a long time, but I will leave it short and simple; this easily ranks among the best updates on the site. It may even be the best yet. I don't care what anyone says; perfect.
I accually gotta agree with most of that FrankFly- I mean SandTiger. I think Sakurai can come up with HUNDREDS of better stages, but this is by far my fave stage. Its Final Destination, with a nice layout this time, secret guest stars, and more importantly, its just awesome. I can't wait for Brawl now.

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
NO UPDATE!? SAKURAI YOU *******!!

i really dont like AC....

hehe but i guess my milotic will be top-notch eh? hopefully the other beasties im trainin will be too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom