• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Me too, me too.

Also, for those who know about Youko's PodCasts, I want to tell you that I am in it. I will feature a section called "Who's In?" Every week I will describe 3 characters, and say if they should be in it, or shouldn't, which ever. It will be the next podcast, airing Saturday or Sunday. You better listen, don't you ALL wanna hear me in person?

And...

I'm working on a Mailing list, for my top 20 Info Thread users. If you want to be included on this list, you could get special privilges, PM me, and if you post enough, and are nice enough... you will get in.
Sounds intresting=I''ll be sure to check that out. And too bad for both of us, but we know now and that is all that matters! I'm still WD around the world (lol), say "hi" if you see me. ;)

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
I had to download the flash to see it for real. I wasted 2 minutes or so re-watching it just to see if I could catch certain stuff. I only noticed one thing, which is another version of the main theme. It's more fast-paced and an octave or two...or a half...lower.

That makes 3 versions of the main theme heard so far. The original, the Nintendo World '06 version, and the E3 '07 version.

Sariku

Smash Master
I had to download the flash to see it for real. I wasted 2 minutes or so re-watching it just to see if I could catch certain stuff. I only noticed one thing, which is another version of the main theme. It's more fast-paced and an octave or two...or a half...lower.

That makes 3 versions of the main theme heard so far. The original, the Nintendo World '06 version, and the E3 '07 version.
The Nintendo World Version wasn't the main theme, it was a different song entirely.

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
It was a different song entirely.
Mostly, yes, but not entirely.

Listen to the Latin lyrics in the original, then listen to the music up until Pit's appearance. They have the same tune. Then it gets different. Then after Snake blows Pit to hell, the music mimics the end of the Latin in the original.

I think it counts as a remixed instrumental.

Sariku

Smash Master
Mostly, yes, but not entirely.

Listen to the Latin lyrics in the original, then listen to the music up until Pit's appearance. They have the same tune. Then it gets different. Then after Snake blows Pit to hell, the music mimics the end of the Latin in the original.

I think it counts as a remixed instrumental.
I say its different, lol.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Do you think there will be an update tonight, Sariku? I guess there's only 47 minutes left to find out, but since there's already been the DK confirmation and trailer, what do you think?

Sariku

Smash Master
^^^^ Yes, and I'll "GET" "strep throat", "a nasal infection", etc. on Tuesday, so I win! HAHAHA!!! 1 Time I hope I get sick...let me get sick, lol! XD

AT least we have Christmas Break=YIPEEE!!!!!!!!
And you get so sick you cant move your hands... I would laugh.

Do you think there will be an update tonight, Sariku? I guess there's only 47 minutes left to find out, but since there's already been the DK confirmation and trailer, what do you think?
No, the DK one and Trailer has Thursdays date on it... sorry.

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKU

im the happiest lad in the world =D

i caught like 17 feebas in Mt. Coronet, IT TWAS MAGICAL

the update for thursday was Dk and the teaser so that was a big waste : /

oh yea wats Youko-sans podcast?

Sariku

Smash Master
SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKU

im the happiest lad in the world =D

i caught like 17 feebas in Mt. Coronet, IT TWAS MAGICAL

the update for thursday was Dk and the teaser so that was a big waste : /

oh yea wats Youko-sans podcast?
Lol, Diamond and Pearl. I probably need to play Diamond some more...

Nah...I'll just play half as good. As for you, I wish the same fate I get...watever that is, lol!

:chuckle: :cool: :p :psycho: :urg: :lick: ;) :dizzy: :ohwell: :grin:
MEANY HEAD!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Youko's podcast is a Smashers wet dream, in words. He talks about the updates to the news, in all in an average smashers point of view. I make my debut next episode, hopefully, anyways. So be sure to listen. You will hear my True Voice.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
It's good that we got 2 updates, but I think thats it for today, I dont think we will be getting three updates. The update today was.....ok, but it was on E3.
Todates update (imo) was a 7/10.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
what!? today's update was great! the trailer was crisp and clear, and everything was detailed. we even got to hear what the attacks sound like and see everything.

and DK, WOW!! he's so detailed. it's amazing they can pull off that much detail and hairyness, but keep DK at his core.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it almost makes me want to use DK in Brawl. Hopefully they pulled some strings and he'll be good. :p

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Nope, I almost want to use him. I don't think I will stoop down that low and use him though.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
tomorrow for me. weekend starts and i have a day off.

but i thought i'd come here and give my ideas on when smashbros. can update with characters within this time frame.

let's just say we have anywhere from 35-40 characters. 11 of them have already been confirmed, so that leaves 24-29 still left to show. December 3rd is probably around 18-20 weeks away. now usually japan will get the title first, so let's estimate 2-3 weeks before the U.S., leaving 15-18 weeks. that leaves about 29 characters to be shown in 18 weeks. we will get 1.611 characters a week, estimated to 2 character updates a week.

doesn't that seem awesome?

Sariku

Smash Master
tomorrow for me. weekend starts and i have a day off.

but i thought i'd come here and give my ideas on when smashbros. can update with characters within this time frame.

let's just say we have anywhere from 35-40 characters. 11 of them have already been confirmed, so that leaves 24-29 still left to show. December 3rd is probably around 18-20 weeks away. now usually japan will get the title first, so let's estimate 2-3 weeks before the U.S., leaving 15-18 weeks. that leaves about 29 characters to be shown in 18 weeks. we will get 1.611 characters a week, estimated to 2 character updates a week.

doesn't that seem awesome?
You do alot of math, lol. Instead of expecting the updates, lets me surprised. And accually, no. Look at the Japan site. They still don't have a release date.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
You do alot of math, lol. Instead of expecting the updates, lets me surprised. And accually, no. Look at the Japan site. They still don't have a release date.
Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if we actually get it before Japan.

Also...sometime week we were like, "oh yeah, Sakurai is going to give us SO much info to catch up because he's just been killing time..." And since then, we've gotten two items (Dr. Wright as one), two controls updates, a stage, and DK. It seems like he's still killing time. Either we're going to have some weeks of pure ecstasy of nothing but new characters, specials and finals smashes, or Sakurai is by no means going to reveal everything before the game comes out.

Sariku

Smash Master
Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if we actually get it before Japan.

Also...sometime week we were like, "oh yeah, Sakurai is going to give us SO much info to catch up because he's just been killing time..." And since then, we've gotten two items (Dr. Wright as one), two controls updates, a stage, and DK. It seems like he's still killing time. Either we're going to have some weeks of pure ecstasy of nothing but new characters, specials and finals smashes, or Sakurai is by no means going to reveal everything before the game comes out.
I can agree to that. And wanna say, this will be hard for me too, but think this way.

Wether Sakurai gives us crappy updates (Like how to recover, lol), or gives us kick butt updates like Sonic the Hedgehog (PLEEEASSEEEE!!!!!!), the game still comes out the same day. Bad updates won't delay it any longer. The updates are just to entertain us, cause he knows it will be forever till Brawl is released. So just dont complain too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom