• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJGasca

Smash Cadet
agreed. I totally **** bricks when i saw Goroh. Seeing how Goroh was in a separate post, aside from the Nintendog and the Hammer Bro,I assuming he was a playable character. =\
I **** bricks thinking the same thing, but my bricks weren't happy bricks. I was thinking that out of all the possible candidates, why choose Goroh? We already have plenty of sword characters. And what exactly would the rest of his move set be? Everybody needs to realize that Melee only had a select few "B-side" Nintendo characters, and Brawl probably won't have that much of a larger selection. It takes a lot of time to make each character balanced and unique enough, so the makers really shouldn't bite off more than they can chew. If this game is going to surpass Melee, it's the gameplay that's going to matter, not the size of the character selection screen.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Ridley as an AT..err wouldn't be anyways.
And you know because? Funny how you guys believe to all that speculation as if it were hard concrete facts. Like I care anyways, seems like I'm the only one here whose heart won't get crushed after we know everything about this game. Keep getting your hopes up mate.

BentoBox

Smash Master
That's not the point. You expect every so-called "big" character to make the cut. Andross, King K Rool, Metroid, King Dedede could all be part of the cast. , sure. Its a possibility, but not a fact until proven otherwise.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
He said cpt.falcon was enough, not that he should be out of the ssb franchise.
He called him a fairy...try reading.

Ridley as AT ftw.
No.

That's not the point. You expect every so-called "big" character to make the cut. Andross, King K Rool, Metroid, King Dedede could all be part of the cast. , sure. Its a possibility, but not a fact until proven otherwise.
No, just the important ones. No one is expecting K. Rool or Andross or Metroid...sheesh. Dedede is basically known to be in, given that this is Sakurai's last and Dedede is his own creation...PLUS the fact that he was supposed to be in the original. Ridley is the second most popular candidate to get in, right after Dedede. So these aren't mere speculations, they're vast likelihoods.

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
I HATE IT! I saw Goroh on my Live Bookmark and I was like "FINALLY!" I open it, and he's a fricken NPC. Just great. -.-""""""""'

Sakurai Spelled Goroh wrong.

BentoBox

Smash Master
He called him a fairy...try reading.

No.

No, just the important ones. No one is expecting K. Rool or Andross or Metroid...sheesh. Dedede is basically known to be in, given that this is Sakurai's last and Dedede is his own creation...PLUS the fact that he was supposed to be in the original. Ridley is the second most popular candidate to get in, right after Dedede. So these aren't mere speculations, they're vast likelihoods.
I don't quite understand his usage of the word fairy. Enlighten me. C.F is a gigolo, shoot me!

No one is expecting k.rool/etc or is it you that doesn't expect it? Ridley is a popular candidate because this community thinks so or because Sakurai stated so? To prove further my point, I'll just point all those people who were deceived seeing Goroh being added as an AT and not a playable character. Funny how you think everything will go your way until proven otherwise. I'm digging these updates.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I'll just point all those people who were deceived seeing Goroh being added as an AT and not a playable character. Funny how you think everything will go your way.
Or rather saw how it was a different entry and got confused.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Somebody shoot this person.

Captain Falcon is like the coolest character in Melee. *knees you in the face*
*shoots said person*

I agree. If Captain Falcon knew you called him a fairy, he would repeatedly punch and knee everyone in your family to death. Cross your fingers that the testosterone, adrenaline power machine doesn't visit your doorstep.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
*shoots said person*

I agree. If Captain Falcon knew you called him a fairy, he would repeatedly punch and knee everyone in your family to death. Cross your fingers that the testosterone, adrenaline power machine doesn't visit your doorstep.
Man, Captain Falcon is not cool. :p

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I don't quite understand his usage of the word fairy. Enlighten me. C.F is a gigolo, shoot me!

No one is expecting k.rool/etc or is it you that doesn't expect it? Ridley is a popular candidate because this community thinks so or because Sakurai stated so? To prove further my point, I'll just point all those people who were deceived seeing Goroh being added as an AT and not a playable character. Funny how you think everything will go your way until proven otherwise. I'm digging these updates.
A fairy is a gay man.

NO...people are NOT expecting Andross or Metroid as playable characters. Very few expect K. Rool. But YES SAKURAI DID TALK ABOUT DEDEDE. Do a little research. The only reason Dedede has been absent from the past two games is because of Sakurai's humility. But because this is his last Smash, he is basically saying "screw it" and throwing in all the characters he wants.

Ridley, based on Sakurai's own polls, showed up four different times. He was second requested to Dedede himself. And don't give me crap about "everyone on here wants him, but they will be upset when he isn't" because that is just part of it...Sakurai wants to please the fans. If everyone wants him but a handful, do you think he would leave him out? Surely not. So, the fact that...yeah we all want him is a pretty good reason for believing him to be in.

Goroh proves nothing. People wanted Goroh because they wanted another F-Zero rep. That is the ONLY reason. People want Ridley because simply that. they want Ridley. Samus could be completely absent, and they wouldn't care; they would still want Ridley. Goroh NEVER appeared on Sakurai's polls. There was only a slim chance of him getting in as a playable character.

These aren't fanciful illusions I and everyone else are having. We actually look around and read and gather information. I'm basing it off of likelihood as well as what we know about Sakurai and what he has said.

BentoBox

Smash Master
A fairy is a gay man.

NO...people are NOT expecting Andross or Metroid as playable characters. Very few expect K. Rool. But YES SAKURAI DID TALK ABOUT DEDEDE. Do a little research. The only reason Dedede has been absent from the past two games is because of Sakurai's humility. But because this is his last Smash, he is basically saying "screw it" and throwing in all the characters he wants.

Ridley, based on Sakurai's own polls, showed up four different times. He was second requested to Dedede himself. And don't give me crap about "everyone on here wants him, but they will be upset when he isn't" because that is just part of it...Sakurai wants to please the fans. If everyone wants him but a handful, do you think he would leave him out? Surely not. So, the fact that...yeah we all want him is a pretty good reason for believing him to be in.

Goroh proves nothing. People wanted Goroh because they wanted another F-Zero rep. That is the ONLY reason. People want Ridley because simply that. they want Ridley. Samus could be completely absent, and they wouldn't care; they would still want Ridley. Goroh NEVER appeared on Sakurai's polls. There was only a slim chance of him getting in as a playable character.

These aren't fanciful illusions I and everyone else are having. We actually look around and read and gather information. I'm basing it off of likelihood as well as what we know about Sakurai and what he has said.
Ridley

Sakurai openly stated he wanted more Metroid characters. Whether that's legit, or just his polluted idea of "giving Western fans their own share," I'm not sure. But he's already redesigned Samus to match her Prime outfit (as well as her emblem), and is going all out by tossing in Zero Suit Samus. So is Ridley far behind? He has made a comment, not pertaining specifically to Ridley, that Metroid has leapt to a major forerunner franchise for the company again, and he feels that it's his duty to do it justice. Ridley is also tied for second most requested character, even on the Japanese polls.
Ridley being part of SSBB's rooster is still not a fact. =] I don't have anything agaisnt sir Ridley, but I'll keep arguing with the ppl jumping the gun way too soon. From the poll, Diddy kong and Dixie might be part of the cast as a duo, IC-like; Ike and/or Sigurd have high chances of being in the game aswell; same can be said about takamaru, someone from the punch-out series, balloon fighter, Lolo too.... Go all out and brandish this info as concrete facts if you want to. They're still just theories to me.

Just because I like self-quotes:
Its a possibility, but not a fact until proven otherwise.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I just had some unexpected anger for C.Falcon, my friend beat me today too many times with him, the knee killed me. :( I still love you guys though. <3

Why is this his last Smash?

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
Bowser!! but still no Peach. grr. Bowser looks cool. the scales on him look nice. and sakurai said he has a different flavour to him so hopefully he's a better fighter.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Bowser!! but still no Peach. grr. Bowser looks cool. the scales on him look nice. and sakurai said he has a different flavour to him so hopefully he's a better fighter.
I know how you feel. But lets look at the facts Mario + Bowser Must = Peach Right. Peach must be in Brawl now.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
I know how you feel. But lets look at the facts Mario + Bowser Must = Peach Right. Peach must be in Brawl now.
yeah. what's Mario and Bowser without her. i'm eager to see what her character model looks like in this game. save the best for last i guess.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I don't see your logic, Master Peach. Just because bowser and mario are in doesn't verify peach, or any other character.

Anyways, I hope they make Bowser actually have some kind of advantage over fast characters.
I mean, in Melee Ganondorf was more powerful, while being a lot faster as well, making Bowser kinda obselete

Master Peach

Smash Ace
I don't see your logic, Master Peach. Just because bowser and mario are in doesn't verify peach, or any other character.

Anyways, I hope they make Bowser actually have some kind of advantage over fast characters.
I mean, in Melee Ganondorf was more powerful, while being a lot faster as well, making Bowser kinda obselete
Why would they have Mario and bowser and No Peach Doesn't make sense. They Have to have peach in Brawl. Sakurai said he wanted Peach and Bowser in Smash 64 but had no time to include them. They were in melee, and now that Mario and Bowser have been confirmed for brawl, We might as well say Peach will be in brawl as well. They have no reason to get rid of Peach.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Everyone around here seems to be getting their panties in a bunch waaaayy too easily...

Peach is going to be in. Most people we expect from Melee will be returning (there are only a couple in question). And I would even venture to say that characters like Dedede, Ridley, and Diddy are highly expected as well. Yes, none of them are confirmed yet, but...give me a break.

I think Bowser's "different flavor" means he will play a little differently and will be a lot more effective than his lower tiered self. As for Sakurai's other comment (that people are in trouble who think characters play the same)...be afraid Fox and Marth players, be very afraid.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Why would they have Mario and bowser and No Peach Doesn't make sense. They Have to have peach in Brawl. Sakurai said he wanted Peach and Bowser in Smash 64 but had no time to include them. They were in melee, and now that Mario and Bowser have been confirmed for brawl, We might as well say Peach will be in brawl as well. They have no reason to get rid of Peach.
Agreed. I figure all the important characters will stay, in fact, I believe very few will get cut, if any. I'm sure that Sakurai will have a good reason to cut them and then one day, you open up an Assist Trophy and that character pops out and totally pwns your opponent.:laugh:

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Everyone around here seems to be getting their panties in a bunch waaaayy too easily...

Peach is going to be in. Most people we expect from Melee will be returning (there are only a couple in question). And I would even venture to say that characters like Dedede, Ridley, and Diddy are highly expected as well. Yes, none of them are confirmed yet, but...give me a break.

I think Bowser's "different flavor" means he will play a little differently and will be a lot more effective than his lower tiered self. As for Sakurai's other comment (that people are in trouble who think characters play the same)...be afraid Fox and Marth players, be very afraid.
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Maybe Bowser and DK and characters like that will finally get their chance on the top in Brawl, and Fox/Marth/Falco will be way down. :)

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Errrr Rawr? Bowser new look seems kind of thing probably from..SUPER MARIO GALAXY?! *Gasp* Maybe because I think that some of the FE characters from the new Wii FE might just get in. As you remember Marth and Roy were some promotion deal for the new FE game it didn't sell but it did help sell the GBA and GCN games.

Rawr...I kind of indifferent in Bowser's new look.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
today's update is great, cause bowser is one of my mains, and i'm happy!

his fire breath, amazing! his Koopa Klaw, wicked awesome! his claws get extremely longer in the pics...awesome!

plus, this has got to be the most EVIL looking bowser...EVER!

yeah, he'll probably be the first character i'll play as again when i get brawl.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I like Bowsers new look. Looks like he might actually be able to compete in Brawl, and not always get beat horribly. :p

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
This is a shot in the dark, but I'm not about to make a topic on it. There is a very clear pic of the Fire Emblem flag behind King Koopa in the update. I know nothing about FE, so is does this give us any information/indication we didn't already have? What game is that symbol from?

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman

Can't tell you, I've never played any Fire Emblem games, hopefully someone here has. :p

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
For his Final Smash, I am predicting that he whips out a chain chomp on a chain and starts whipping it around while giving his best patented laugh "Bwahahaha!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom