• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Wii2>PS3.

Now, I've been wondering what exactly is the difference between this thread and "***What's going on with Smashbros?***" Don't they both discuss the exact same thing: daily updates? @_@

UncleK: I don't know about that. Luigi's Mansion wasn't big or anything and didn't it launch way before SSBM?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Actually, I believe Luigi's Mansion launched at the same time or after SSBM. And it's true that it isn't that big but it is big for Luigi and the Mario series in general.

Super Mario Sunshine met with a lot of critism but we got the Delfino Plaza stage. Luigi's Mansion seems pretty consistent in spin-off games and it was Luigi's first time as a protoganist aside from Mario is Missing. Hell, even Wario and Yoshi got their own series but Luigi only has one game going for him and it loves being refrenced.

I'm sure it will be added or at least refrenced in some way.

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't that big? Luigi's Mansion was the launch title. I'm pretty sure that's big. Plus, Kid Icarus is old as hell. So yeah...Luigi's Mansion is a somewhat justified idea. That'd be a cool stage, with the ghosts in the background lookin' all beautiful.

And yeah, I've been wonderin' the same ****, what IS the difference between the threads?

Sariku

Smash Master
.:: Thread Update ::.

Thread Update

Okay, so I'm thinking about updating the thread, making it alittle easier to read, and find infomation out. But I can't do this alone, I want your suggestions to help me decide how to edit this. It will be open for about... a while. Yeah, so PM ME AND Post it on here if you want, but you must PM me your suggestions.

Also!​

I'll be gone from tomorrow, till next Sunday. I will be on Vacation, so this thread WON'T be updated until then. Don't start flaming me nor anyone else for it not being updated, but you may still discuss it or anything else brawl related here.​

Sariku

Smash Master
Again, I can not reiderate myself enough. I told Stuhddabahkz this by PM, but you MUST PM ME YOUR IDEAS. MUST.

The reason? Would YOU LIKE TO GO OVER 10 + Pages, over 200 posts, of ideas? No, so just PM me your ideas.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Why are people taking Wario's fart out of context and arguing about game consoles?

You people disgust me...

And here I wanted to discuss the versatile and diverse nature of Wario's flatulence and its consistentency with combat. I thought we could have a mature and intellectual discussion on a fictional individual's methane gas but you guys just had to spit on that idea and start talking about consoles.

Great job, guys. Great job.
Hey, now. What do I look like to you, son? An itinerant priest? I don't go on around converting people.

God.

Lol.

I wasn't trying to prove which console was th' best. I was just...stating a simple, lone fact. Microsoft has a stellar line-up. That's all.

That's all.

Smooth Criminal

P.S. UNCLEAAAAAAAAAN!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Actually, I believe Luigi's Mansion launched at the same time or after SSBM. And it's true that it isn't that big but it is big for Luigi and the Mario series in general.

Super Mario Sunshine met with a lot of critism but we got the Delfino Plaza stage. Luigi's Mansion seems pretty consistent in spin-off games and it was Luigi's first time as a protoganist aside from Mario is Missing. Hell, even Wario and Yoshi got their own series but Luigi only has one game going for him and it loves being refrenced.

I'm sure it will be added or at least refrenced in some way.
I'm hoping to really see a stage out of his game which was alright, a dark mansio stagen with ghost flying around that would be awesome:chuckle:

Sariku

Smash Master
Still no PMs...

Thread Update

Okay, so I'm thinking about updating the thread, making it alittle easier to read, and find infomation out. But I can't do this alone, I want your suggestions to help me decide how to edit this. It will be open for about... a while. Yeah, so PM ME AND Post it on here if you want, but you must PM me your suggestions.

Also!​

I'll be gone from tomorrow, till next Sunday. I will be on Vacation, so this thread WON'T be updated until then. Don't start flaming me nor anyone else for it not being updated, but you may still discuss it or anything else brawl related here.​

The Bino

Smash Lord
Luigi's Mansion was a launch title, Smash Melee wasn't, Smash came out in December when GC was launched in November of '01.... and to me it seemed like they gave Luigi a horrible role in that, you ever think why Mario wasn't in that game at all? My opinion on that would be cuz it was Mario's Mansion and he told Luigi to clean it up like the lil ***** that Luigi is and he did it and looked like Mario's survant yet again

Sariku

Smash Master
Luigi's Mansion was a launch title, Smash Melee wasn't, Smash came out in December when GC was launched in November of '01.... and to me it seemed like they gave Luigi a horrible role in that, you ever think why Mario wasn't in that game at all? My opinion on that would be cuz it was Mario's Mansion and he told Luigi to clean it up like the lil ***** that Luigi is and he did it and looked like Mario's survant yet again
I love you.

Lol, nah, but your ending sentences rocked.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
hmm... I never thought of it like that, I mean i never would think that he would Mario's servant but how I always thought it to be was that Luigi took Mario's role and Mario took Peach's role so the result ended in Luigi saving Mario which i always thought that for once Luigi looked more superior than Mario

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Wario is the man! I have to say this has been on of the best updates so far (yea, I realize that I am a wee bit late).

Wario is adding so much to the game (whether you dislike or positively enjoy his new design).

1. His side smash seems like a fixed version of Yoshi's egg and offers a new mechanic (VEHICLES). It seems that Wario can jump off his bike whenever he wants. So Wario is a heavyweight character who has a special that gives him speeeeed.

And with his bike he can run people over or potentially leap off and perform an aerial. The bike seems to have options and I do not think it will be worthless like people are predicting.

So what are the drawbacks? Jumping and attacking from a zooming vehicle can get old if it is spammed. But the bike falls onto the stage if Wario jumps off. So this is what I think can happen if the bike falls on the stage.

a.) Wario cannot pick the bike up. He can only mount himself back on. If there are more then one Wario, then whichever one uses the side smash first will whip out the bike and the others cannot. BUT any Wario can hop onto the forgotten motercyle. (THIS ADDS ANOTHER MECHANIC. SHARED MOVES)

b) Other characters can grab the bike and throw it like an item. Thus they have a powerful took to use against Wario who may have trouble avoiding a chopper hurtiling through the air. Or the characters can toss it off the stage.

2. Now to Wario's farting move. Another new idea brought to the table! A move that grows more powerful if you DONT use it. That is awesome. You are rewarding if you are conserving the move just like you are punished with lower hit percentages if you spam one move.

Not only that, but it seems that a fart held for a long period of time can be used as a recovery tool.

All in all Wario is shaping to be the most unique and greatest character out of the new ones introduced (in my opinion). He offers chaos and unpredictability.

His run is a mix of odd frames that might be useful in an approach. No one can really tell what you are going to do. He seems to crawl backwards unlike the other characters. His fart move can be used at any time with devastating effects during the end of the match (so people will be more cautious as time grows). And he has an alternative approach with his bike which also (I am assuming) gives him speed.

A great battle would be Wario and Marth. Marth's elegance and predictable chain of attacks versus Wario's unorthodox and choatic style of crazy play.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
hmm... I never thought of it like that, I mean i never would think that he would Mario's servant but how I always thought it to be was that Luigi took Mario's role and Mario took Peach's role so the result ended in Luigi saving Mario which i always thought that for once Luigi looked more superior than Mario
If you played Paper Mario 2, on the Game Cube. You will see how crap he is.

Sariku

Smash Master
Ah well I'm leaving in a few hours... you guys wont see me for a whole week.

This is were your all disappointed and sad and try to comfort me.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
The first one was good, but I'm sorry, but the others aren't that funny.

Edit: Why this topic?
Edit: Good buy Sariku.Uchiha, have a good time. :)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I just got to thinking...supposedly Sakurai is supposed to "reveal everything" about the game by the time it is released, but I wonder what that really means. Because...if it is supposed to be released sometime this year, I don't see it happening unless he starts doing multiple entries a day.

We already have 9 characters, 4 stages, 3 half-sets of special moves, 4 songs, 4/5 items, 1 pokeball pokemon, and really yet to see anything as far as game modes and "how to play" and nothing on notices.

So, assuming there will be 40 characters, 30 stages, and 30 items total and 30 pokeball pokemon that's already over 40 weeks (200 days) of info. Now, do you think he was simply delaying with some of his (type of) updates such as music and items, or will he TRULY reveal everything? I really don't think he can reveal it all before it is released, unless he simply meant he'd reveal every character by then. What do you guys think? Stalling? Multiple updates? Or what?

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I just got to thinking...supposedly Sakurai is supposed to "reveal everything" about the game by the time it is released, but I wonder what that really means. Because...if it is supposed to be released sometime this year, I don't see it happening unless he starts doing multiple entries a day.

We already have 9 characters, 4 stages, 3 half-sets of special moves, 4 songs, 4/5 items, 1 pokeball pokemon, and really yet to see anything as far as game modes and "how to play" and nothing on notices.

So, assuming there will be 40 characters, 30 stages, and 30 items total and 30 pokeball pokemon that's already over 40 weeks (200 days) of info. Now, do you think he was simply delaying with some of his (type of) updates such as music and items, or will he TRULY reveal everything? I really don't think he can reveal it all before it is released, unless he simply meant he'd reveal every character by then. What do you guys think? Stalling? Multiple updates? Or what?
Stalling. Some things are just too crap not to be anyway.

The Bino

Smash Lord
from something that Sakurai said a while ago, he said all Characters and Stages would be revealed before release date, he did the same with Melee, but he didn't reveal everything, he revealed nearly everything

Sariku

Smash Master
He'll leave us a few surprises. I bet he'll reveal people like, 3rd parties, as Sonic maybe? But now specials like GAW was in Melee.

Croco

Smash Lord
I don't see why he cannot reveal 2-3 characters a day again like he did with Mario and Link, then pikachu and kirby.
He might start doing that again after E3 if another video is revealed.
Maybe he might even start posting the stages and the music together.
Maybe 2 items a day.
or.. 2 stages a day etc.

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman
July 11th is the big day of anticipation. I think we are in for a treat at E3. If not the sakurai is really building hype for this games release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom