• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sariku

Smash Master
Doesn't help that much... I want to see what games will be shown, lol. But oh well, I can be patient, I mean, its summer, I can do anything to pass the time.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Lol my livingroom television is the only tv in the house with direct tv/g4tv so i told my family if they touch the remote july 10th-14th ill hurt them.

Oh there will be bruises.

E3 is major this year for the consoles.

Wii has all its exciting releases mario galaxy,metroid,phantom hourglass, brawl.
Then you have sony. They are in a big financial deficit due to the failure of the ps3. If they dont announce something good for the ps3 they are screwed in a big way.
Microsoft.....All you can really expect from microsoft....Halo Halo Halo Halo (i fkin hate halo)

So ya...Im going to record all of E3 on the DVR.
Not really, Sony is doing extremely good with the PS3, look at how the PS2 had sold when it came out, it was less than the PS3, and look at the PS2 in sales today, it leads the market, Sony is doing extremely well and trust me when i say this, Sony will win the market yet again, just give it a few years and Sony will be the one on top, than it will either be Microsoft or Nintendo battling for #2 spot.... Blu Ray has it locked and Microsoft has nothing on Blu Ray and being how much more powerful the PS3 is than the other systems Sony will have it locked

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Not really, Sony is doing extremely good with the PS3, look at how the PS2 had sold when it came out, it was less than the PS3, and look at the PS2 in sales today, it leads the market, Sony is doing extremely well and trust me when i say this, Sony will win the market yet again, just give it a few years and Sony will be the one on top, than it will either be Microsoft or Nintendo battling for #2 spot.... Blu Ray has it locked and Microsoft has nothing on Blu Ray and being how much more powerful the PS3 is than the other systems Sony will have it locked
i disagree. even though i favor nintendo over the others, i'm saying this out of pure equality between the consoles. nintendo will win, and for several reasons:

1. the least powerful console, all the way back to the atari systems, has always led the market. i mean the NES was the domination market against powerful atari consoles, ps1 led against dreamcast and n64, then ps2 against xbox and gamecube
2. more people are inclined to the wii because really, anybody can play the game and win. i would know. i play games non-stop, but i've lost wii bowling against my grandfather, and he NEVER plays games
3. the wii still appeals to hard core gamers, from red steel to metroid prime, zelda to mario galaxy, and the upcoming brawl

anyway that's my two cents

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
i disagree. even though i favor nintendo over the others, i'm saying this out of pure equality between the consoles. nintendo will win, and for several reasons:

1. the least powerful console, all the way back to the atari systems, has always led the market. i mean the NES was the domination market against powerful atari consoles, ps1 led against dreamcast and n64, then ps2 against xbox and gamecube
2. more people are inclined to the wii because really, anybody can play the game and win. i would know. i play games non-stop, but i've lost wii bowling against my grandfather, and he NEVER plays games
3. the wii still appeals to hard core gamers, from red steel to metroid prime, zelda to mario galaxy, and the upcoming brawl

anyway that's my two cents
The Wii not that good yet. It's got two good games out, Tp and Re4 and that's it.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
The Wii not that good yet. It's got two good games out, Tp and Re4 and that's it.
Well, yeah. We've got alot of other good games out there too, but they are mainly the Minigame games with the same minigames over and over (WarioWare, Rayman, Mario Party, Wiisports, Wiiplay). Brawl is going to set the standard for Wii, I know like 6 people already in my class who are going to buy a Wii just for Smash, and from MY class, that says alot. XD

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Lol my livingroom television is the only tv in the house with direct tv/g4tv so i told my family if they touch the remote july 10th-14th ill hurt them.

Oh there will be bruises.

E3 is major this year for the consoles.

Wii has all its exciting releases mario galaxy,metroid,phantom hourglass, brawl.
Then you have sony. They are in a big financial deficit due to the failure of the ps3. If they dont announce something good for the ps3 they are screwed in a big way.
Microsoft.....All you can really expect from microsoft....Halo Halo Halo Halo (i fkin hate halo)

So ya...Im going to record all of E3 on the DVR.
WEll I hate you, because Halo is awsome, plus don't foget (Halo 3 obviously) Devil May Cry 4, Krysis, that one game Silicon Knight is making for the 360 (Half-something), Assassin's Creed, Gears of War II, etc. on the 360. Those are just some of the games expected to have trailers and stuff for them, I'll make a list of 10 exellent games on the 360! Ergh...stupid fanboyism...

Luckily my parents will be out of town, so I'll have all 3 tvs to myself=hehe!

Originally Posted by chiyo-chan' dad
Let me see: Twilight Princess (best game ever!!!! Better than the rest of the series combined almost), Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Super Paper Mario, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Rayman Ravving Rabbids, Excite Truck, Trauma: Second Opinion, Red Steel (decent game), Mario Party 8 (played it, and it's better than 4-7, but not 1-3, it was decent, just decent), Wii Sports even (at least the bowling), etc. The Wii is good, TP is enough, add SPM, RE4, and Rayman and you get the picture. Once you play TP it will own your soul!

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
WEll I hate you, because Halo is awsome, plus don't foget (Halo 3 obviously) Devil May Cry 4, Krysis, that one game Silicon Knight is making for the 360 (Half-something), Assassin's Creed, Gears of War II, etc. on the 360. Those are just some of the games expected to have trailers and stuff for them, I'll make a list of 10 exellent games on the 360! Ergh...stupid fanboyism...

Luckily my parents will be out of town, so I'll have all 3 tvs to myself=hehe!

Let me see: Twilight Princess (best game ever!!!! Better than the rest of the series combined almost), Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Super Paper Mario, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Rayman Ravving Rabbids, Excite Truck, Trauma: Second Opinion, Red Steel (decent game), Mario Party 8 (played it, and it's better than 4-7, but not 1-3, it was decent, just decent), Wii Sports even (at least the bowling), etc. The Wii is good, TP is enough, add SPM, RE4, and Rayman and you get the picture. Once you play TP it will own your soul!
No, it's just Tp, Re4 and Paper Mario that are good. (but paper mario is not out over here yet)

Excite Truck and Trauma: Second Opinion are ok, not that good. (imo)

Red Steel is a decent game, but tha's it

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Rayman Ravving Rabbids, Mario Party 8, Wii Sports are just Minigame, over, over, over again!

The Bino

Smash Lord
Why does everyone support Red Steel, that game for me was the game i wanted the most for a launch title, i wanted it more than Zelda (my series i love is Metroid, i play Zelda, but i was only supposed to get 1 game at launch and wanted Red Steel), any way i was highly disappointed from the second i put the game in the Wii and started to watch everything unfold in front of my eyes.... seriously, Red Steel 2 is a rumor right now and i hope that if they do make it, they fix everything from the first one cuz the 1st one was so garbage i was glad GameStop did that deal where if you trade in 2 games you get 1 new game free, i traded in my Red Steel and someone who had given me Madden 07 and got GodFather, which is a much better game than those that are even listed by some like Rayman, and Wario Ware, they are all minigames, and that's the main game is minigames, its all party games so to me it doesn't intrique me at all

Any way onto PS3 dominating the consoles in a definate. Look at this for a second, why is it that ppl are creating a Halo movie, and yet it won't be playable on the 360? They are putting it on a Blu Ray disc, so boom that just socked 360 in its face with its own title, saddening right there, and PS3 isn't selling right now all that well cuz of the price, everyone is nervous of shelling out $600 for a system.... but those same ppl talk bad about PS3 yet say they will buy 360 Elite, when to even get the most out of ur 360 Elite you gotta buy extra stuff for it, that HD DVD player doesn't even come with the system, that's bad, but to make it short to get visuals close but still far away from the PS3 you are pretty much spending near $800 on 360 instead of buying PS3 for $600 (Just some facts for those that care about this stuff)

And for that reason on why PS1 had beat N64 and Dreamcast was rather simple:

- N64 was on catridge which led to its downfall from the very start in graphics regardless of slower loading times and everything, there was reason on why Final Fantasy 7 was switched from N64 to PS1 and cuz N64 was on Catridge was the main reason... it couldn't hold the game on cartridge and it was too expensive to make a multi-catridge game for N64 and easier for discs which PS1 had and for Dreamcast, eh it came out way too late, really the Dreamcast was going up against PS2 at the time so it didn't matter against PS1 or N64, and the main reason DC failed was cuz PS2 had DVD playback on it and DC didn't and at that time DVD players were almost as expensive as the systems itself so boom DC was knocked out from the beginning

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why you didn't include the modified Rampage game for the Wii.
That's what got me interested more than any other game (before SSBB appeared).
Still don't have enough money yet, *sigh*.
Anywho, I prefer the Wii over the 360 or PS3. I've never had a like for Sony or Microsoft.
Nintendo all the way :)

Croco

Smash Lord
I'm not buying a PS3 till the price drops.. and the only games I'm looking forward to are PS3 Home and LIttleBigPlanet. Though I would buy a PS3 just for another Twisted Metal game because I'm a big fan of that series.

I bought a gamecube for SSBM.. and I only bought a Wii for Brawl.. and other games I'm looking forward to are Mario Galaxy and RE: Umbrella Chronicles.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't get why you didn't include the modified Rampage game for the Wii.
That's what got me interested more than any other game (before SSBB appeared).
Still don't have enough money yet, *sigh*.
Anywho, I prefer the Wii over the 360 or PS3. I've never had a like for Sony or Microsoft.
Nintendo all the way :)
Forgot about it I guess (somehow :ohwell:), along with Metal Slug Antology. The 360 has the best games right now, that is undenyable. By the end of the year the Wii probably will, and since the Wii is the 2nd fastest selling system (behind only the DS) currently, I see no reason why the great titles expected to come out by the end of this year will sway more people to the Wii. Plus basically everyone who owns two 7th gen systems owns a Wii (and more than likely a 360), over having a 360 and PS3.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
the only good game for the 360 is Gears of War, and in my opinion is way, WAY better than all Halos combined. see i think halo is overrated. i can only play 2 multi matches until i just get bored and want to play something else. that's why i like smash. i could smash from day til the next day if my buddies and i had a case of mountain dew and nothing else to do.

EDIT- i do have to agree that there is a lack of wii games out now, but i mean this summer has the release of metroid prime 3 and mario strikers charged, then galaxy, guitar hero 3, and brawl later this year. but i do have to say i like the mini-game games. i own mario party, wii play, and rayman and i think they're fun. and i thought red steel was pretty good. but the best are zelda, paper mario, and re4 (own them too)

Sariku

Smash Master
For now the Wii is last best, but I'm with the Wii all the way.
Glad your with the Wii... but saying its last best... there's no possible way thats the truth. I mean think, okay, MAYBE Sony will pull something out of their hat, and do something right. They did with the PS2, as someone said, DVD Playback. But truthfully, look at the PS3. Now look at their games. The only ones really worth buying are Resistance: Fall of Man (Which is still iffy in my opinion), and some third party titles, which are also on the Wii and/or 360. Sony is all Dependant on BlueRay, if that sells well, the PS3 will. If it doesn't, the PS3 won't. That was Sony's mistake.

Now look at 360. (Truthfully I don't follow the 360, so I can't say much about it) It doesn't have much going for them, just Halo. The X Box has ONLY had Halo to stay alive. Without Halo, X Box wouldn't have lasted this long. And as my fave thing, from Shigeru Miyamotto himself, "I could of created Halo." That is perfect.

Now Finally, the Wii. Twilight Princess. Red Steel. Rayman Raving Rabbids. Sonic and the Secret Rings. Mario branded games. The best ones out right now in my opinion. And while yes, the Wii hasn't had that many huge hits the last few months (Sonic and the Secret Rings was the last huge hit in my opinion.) , look whats coming. Metriod Prime 3 is coming out in a month or so. They even released its boxart. Mario Galaxy, if it sells like the New Super Mario Bros., will keep Wii alive for months, or atleast until Brawl kicks the standard up a notch. Plus, with the Wii/DS Connectability coming, Wii will cruise the market for ATLEAST the next two or so years.

So my idea, by the end of the year, the console sales will look something like this...

Wii > DS > 360 > PS3 > PSP.

Prove me wrong now, you said Wii is the last best. It's number one, besides DS. Maybe in the future it will be outdone, but right now. Wii is the Champion.

~ Sariku.Uchiha

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Mmm.. you might be right, but imo the best games for the Wii are TP and Re4, but their on the Gamecube, so i don't know. :confused:

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Glad your with the Wii... but saying its last best... there's no possible way thats the truth. I mean think, okay, MAYBE Sony will pull something out of their hat, and do something right. They did with the PS2, as someone said, DVD Playback. But truthfully, look at the PS3. Now look at their games. The only ones really worth buying are Resistance: Fall of Man (Which is still iffy in my opinion), and some third party titles, which are also on the Wii and/or 360. Sony is all Dependant on BlueRay, if that sells well, the PS3 will. If it doesn't, the PS3 won't. That was Sony's mistake.

Now look at 360. (Truthfully I don't follow the 360, so I can't say much about it) It doesn't have much going for them, just Halo. The X Box has ONLY had Halo to stay alive. Without Halo, X Box wouldn't have lasted this long. And as my fave thing, from Shigeru Miyamotto himself, "I could of created Halo." That is perfect.

Now Finally, the Wii. Twilight Princess. Red Steel. Rayman Raving Rabbids. Sonic and the Secret Rings. Mario branded games. The best ones out right now in my opinion. And while yes, the Wii hasn't had that many huge hits the last few months (Sonic and the Secret Rings was the last huge hit in my opinion.) , look whats coming. Metriod Prime 3 is coming out in a month or so. They even released its boxart. Mario Galaxy, if it sells like the New Super Mario Bros., will keep Wii alive for months, or atleast until Brawl kicks the standard up a notch. Plus, with the Wii/DS Connectability coming, Wii will cruise the market for ATLEAST the next two or so years.

So my idea, by the end of the year, the console sales will look something like this...

Prove me wrong now, you said Wii is the last best. It's number one, besides DS. Maybe in the future it will be outdone, but right now. Wii is the Champion.

~ Sariku.Uchiha

Xbox 360 has more than Halo, I don't know what you're talking about. I'm with Wii all the way, but Halo will DOMINATE the Wii if Brawl doesn't come out before that. Just think, soon Gears of War 2 will come out and it'll be another reason for people to go with Microsoft instead of buying the Wii.

Sariku

Smash Master
Xbox 360 has more than Halo, I don't know what you're talking about. I'm with Wii all the way, but Halo will DOMINATE the Wii if Brawl doesn't come out before that. Just think, soon Gears of War 2 will come out and it'll be another reason for people to go with Microsoft instead of buying the Wii.
Gears of War 2 will probably only sell cause of the hype. Thats all I think. But I could be wrong.

I think Sony screwed up big time by releasing God of War 2 for the PS2. I mean, I know it was probably late in development when the PS3 came out, but just port it. It would give so many more reasons to buy a PS3.

The Bino

Smash Lord

~ Sariku.Uchiha

OK, ill repeat it so more can understand.... PS3 will dominate this entire console war, not right now but in the future, Wii and 360 don't stand a chance against a monster such as PS3, the only real reason why PS3 isn't dominating the market right now, is because of the price that PS3 is sitting at right now $600.

BluRay is dominating the market right now, regardless of what anyone says just look at the size of a BluRay disc when compared to HD DVD, BluRay holds like 60 gigs while a HD DVD dual layered hold maximum of 30, but i do believe that 360 isn't using Dual Layered, which means that the max space they can store is 15 gigs.... which in theory of space comes into play would allow more and more graphics, gameplay, and more variety of stuff that can be done to a game with more room to fit everything that you want in a game.

Basically anyone who has a PS3 has the cheapest BluRay player out on the market, and the cheapest HD DVD player is only $100 cheaper than that of PS3, and to top it off, BluRay looks better... also PS3 comes with a BluRay player built into it, you don't have to spend EXTRA MONEY to see higher Def movies on PS3 like you do with 360, even 360 Elite didn't come with HD DVD player and look how much expensive Elite is when it has the HD DVD player you had to go out and buy for it all comes out to be - nearly $800....

So technically PS3 right now is the best option for the most powerful machine and when ppl come to terms on what they are getting for the price they are paying they will than become aware that PS3 is the best choice and than at that time PS3 will soar to the heights that PS2 had gotten and will than dominate the console war

Sorry for such a long post, but if you read that than you will understand why Sony will dominate the console war b4 we get the PS4 and XBox 720 (lol) and whatever Nintendo decides to call their next system

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

~ Sariku.Uchiha

See the underlined text.

Yeah. Microsoft may be banking a lot on the Halo franchise, but let us not forget the other games aside from Halo: DMC 4, Too Human, Blue Dragon, Two Worlds, Huxley, Bioshock, Naruto (hey, hey! Ubisoft is putting this one out; it might be decent), The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena...

That's a pretty stellar line-up, man. And there's plenty more where that came from. You'd be very hard-pressed to say that Halo is the only thing that Microsoft has going for it.

Smooth Criminal

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Gears of War 2 will probably only sell cause of the hype. Thats all I think. But I could be wrong.

I think Sony screwed up big time by releasing God of War 2 for the PS2. I mean, I know it was probably late in development when the PS3 came out, but just port it. It would give so many more reasons to buy a PS3.
Yeah, it probably will, but who knows. I really enjoy Gears of War, so if they just improve on it and don't ruin it, I think it'll sell really well.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
What, you're trying to say you're dissapointed that i agree?

How about the fact that your post was mainly guesswork and predictions that are hardly concrete, the 360 has the biggest online community and the best service, it has massive upcoming games such as Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, Trusty Bell to add to it's massive games catalogue out now such as Viva Pinata, Crackdown, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, oh, and a littleg ame called..Gears of War, it staggers me that you missed out all these games though i guess you DID say you didn't know much about the 360 (So you basically rendered everything you said about it void)

Add to this massive library of games the fact that you can talk to your friends through live or chat through MSN on the 360, stream videos from the PC to the 360, download trailers and demos for FREE.

Onto PS3, yes it did start of as a poor mans 360, but even the PS3 is now getting Home, an interactive WORLD where you can invite friends over to your virtual home to play multiplayer or just go cinema to watch some downloaded free trailers.

Or Little Big Planet, you know, the online co-op platformer that's making a lot of people talk.

Meanwhile, to what extent does the Wii online go?

Friend codes, okay, so i can add someones code from a Wiitag online, great, now i have to tell them that i've added them and ask them to add me, on PS3 and 360 there was no codes to add, just add a name and that person will be informed themselves, it's atrocious that Nintendo couldn't get this simple thing right at all, but hey, at least we won't get chatted up by paedophiles, because that's what paedophiles do, right Nintendo, go online to chat kids up...

Most Wii games have been pretty dissapointing, Wario Ware, no proper simultanious multiplayer, well done Nintendo, Red Steel was great bar the hideous sword sections, though it would have rocked online, so why didn't we get it, also, people have complained about the games controls, one of the main complaints about these games are that they feel like tech demos, only TP and RE4 truly shine for me.

Don't get me wrong, the Wii will get better eventually, but Nintendo just need to stop treating Europe like utter crap (how long did it take for us to get LTTP?) and hurry up and release the games i bought a Wii for.:)

As for Shigeru Miyamoto, he's so full of it, if you could have created one of the biggest games ever that kicked off and flew the flag for online console gaming then why didn't you when Gamecube was dying on it's *** over at Europe, oh that's right, you're online for Gamecube was a joke and you're clearly lying arn't you, mr.Miyamoto?;)

That's all i'm saying on the subject i don't see why i even needed to defend my right to agree with someone in the first place so there you go.

Sariku

Smash Master
What, you're trying to say you're dissapointed that i agree?

How about the fact that your post was mainly guesswork and predictions that are hardly concrete, the 360 has the biggest online community and the best service, it has massive upcoming games such as Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, Trusty Bell to add to it's massive games catalogue out now such as Viva Pinata, Crackdown, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, oh, and a littleg ame called..Gears of War, it staggers me that you missed out all these games though i guess you DID say you didn't know much about the 360 (So you basically rendered everything you said about it void)

Add to this massive library of games the fact that you can talk to your friends through live or chat through MSN on the 360, stream videos from the PC to the 360, download trailers and demos for FREE.

Onto PS3, yes it did start of as a poor mans 360, but even the PS3 is now getting Home, an interactive WORLD where you can invite friends over to your virtual home to play multiplayer or just go cinema to watch some downloaded free trailers.

Or Little Big Planet, you know, the online co-op platformer that's making a lot of people talk.

Meanwhile, to what extent does the Wii online go?

Friend codes, okay, so i can add someones code from a Wiitag online, great, now i have to tell them that i've added them and ask them to add me, on PS3 and 360 there was no codes to add, just add a name and that person will be informed themselves, it's atrocious that Nintendo couldn't get this simple thing right at all, but hey, at least we won't get chatted up by paedophiles, because that's what paedophiles do, right Nintendo, go online to chat kids up...

Most Wii games have been pretty dissapointing, Wario Ware, no proper simultanious multiplayer, well done Nintendo, Red Steel was great bar the hideous sword sections, though it would have rocked online, so why didn't we get it, also, people have complained about the games controls, one of the main complaints about these games are that they feel like tech demos, only TP and RE4 truly shine for me.

Don't get me wrong, the Wii will get better eventually, but Nintendo just need to stop treating Europe like utter crap (how long did it take for us to get LTTP?) and hurry up and release the games i bought a Wii for.:)

As for Shigeru Miyamoto, he's so full of it, if you could have created one of the biggest games ever that kicked off and flew the flag for online console gaming then why didn't you when Gamecube was dying on it's *** over at Europe, oh that's right, you're online for Gamecube was a joke and you're clearly lying arn't you, mr.Miyamoto?;)

That's all i'm saying on the subject i don't see why i even needed to defend my right to agree with someone in the first place so there you go.
This is what I wanted to here! Someone agreeing, yet, dissagreing, and proving me wrong. I likey. My fave fact that you stated is online. Yes, we're lacking good online playing for Wii and DS. But do you think that Sakurai will screw up on a game that will demolist all fighting games? The Wii's previous games were demos in my oppinion. I mean, think of what they could really do with a Zelda game on Wii. I think that the BIG 3 will set the standard in its respected Genre.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Heres my take on the console wars.

Xbox360 right now is actually the best, with a 1 year start, many next-gen games, and the best online service BY FAR(Xbox live+ live arcade)

Wii is currently kinda iffy, since there are many many mini-game games, and many crappy movie tie-in games. We are all waiting for brawl, metroid prime, and galaxy.

Ps3 is waaaay before its time. HD-DVD and Blu-ray are pretty much both crap, and before their time. Honestly, I like my DVD quality movies, and the difference between DVD and HD-DVD and Blueray is almost NONE, even on the HDTV. and, the difference isn't worth $600.

Ps3 currently doesn't have enough games and apps to support its price. Maybe in a few years when the wii and xbox360 start to show their age graphically.
-------------------
EDIT
-------------------

Anyone who disputes the Xbox360's lead right now is pretty much dumb, since it is pretty obvious. Microsoft has done a good job and getting many, many, many games, many with online and voicechat, inter-game chat, etc.

And the wii, although we love it, is already having trouble with keeping a steady stream of AAA, or even AA titles.(i.e. lacking third party support at this point)

-----------------
EDIT
-------------------
That miyamoto quote is being taken out of context.

He was actually saying that he could have made halo, but that isn't the type of game he wants to make. He was saying that he COULD have made a game like halo, which is a pretty generic FPS at heart.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Heres my take on the console wars.

Xbox360 right now is actually the best, with a 1 year start, many next-gen games, and the best online service BY FAR(Xbox live+ live arcade)

Wii is currently kinda iffy, since there are many many mini-game games, and many crappy movie tie-in games. We are all waiting for brawl, metroid prime, and galaxy.

Ps3 is waaaay before its time. HD-DVD and Blu-ray are pretty much both crap, and before their time. Honestly, I like my DVD quality movies, and the difference between DVD and HD-DVD and Blueray is almost NONE, even on the HDTV. and, the difference isn't worth $600.

Ps3 currently doesn't have enough games and apps to support its price. Maybe in a few years when the wii and xbox360 start to show their age graphically.
ok ill argue that with what i said before

OK, ill repeat it so more can understand.... PS3 will dominate this entire console war, not right now but in the future, Wii and 360 don't stand a chance against a monster such as PS3, the only real reason why PS3 isn't dominating the market right now, is because of the price that PS3 is sitting at right now $600.

BluRay is dominating the market right now, regardless of what anyone says just look at the size of a BluRay disc when compared to HD DVD, BluRay holds like 60 gigs while a HD DVD dual layered hold maximum of 30, but i do believe that 360 isn't using Dual Layered, which means that the max space they can store is 15 gigs.... which in theory of space comes into play would allow more and more graphics, gameplay, and more variety of stuff that can be done to a game with more room to fit everything that you want in a game.

Basically anyone who has a PS3 has the cheapest BluRay player out on the market, and the cheapest HD DVD player is only $100 cheaper than that of PS3, and to top it off, BluRay looks better... also PS3 comes with a BluRay player built into it, you don't have to spend EXTRA MONEY to see higher Def movies on PS3 like you do with 360, even 360 Elite didn't come with HD DVD player and look how much expensive Elite is when it has the HD DVD player you had to go out and buy for it all comes out to be - nearly $800....

So technically PS3 right now is the best option for the most powerful machine and when ppl come to terms on what they are getting for the price they are paying they will than become aware that PS3 is the best choice and than at that time PS3 will soar to the heights that PS2 had gotten and will than dominate the console war

Sorry for such a long post, but if you read that than you will understand why Sony will dominate the console war b4 we get the PS4 and XBox 720 (lol) and whatever Nintendo decides to call their next system
I thought the change from Halo 2 to Halo 3 was pretty good.
The reason why it looks better is plain and simple, you're going from Last Gen, to Current Gen... big difference

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Your first point is:
PS3 isn't winning because it costs $600.

That is correct.

You then go on to talk about how blueray holds more, and that extra space can be used for more stuff.
Sorry, but games aren't close to pushing over the 15gb mark, and it is more economical to put a game on 2 dvds then it is to use bluray at this point.

True, the ps3 is a cheap bluray player, but if you don't care about bluray, then it doesn't mater

Sony will not dominate with the ps3. The ps2 dominated because it has TONS of exclusive good games, was cheap, and had a head start on both gamecube and xbox.

Your points don't make any sense at all

Sariku

Smash Master
Your first point is:
PS3 isn't winning because it costs $600.

That is correct.

You then go on to talk about how blueray holds more, and that extra space can be used for more stuff.
Sorry, but games aren't close to pushing over the 15gb mark, and it is more economical to put a game on 2 dvds then it is to use bluray at this point.

True, the ps3 is a cheap bluray player, but if you don't care about bluray, then it doesn't mater

Sony will not dominate with the ps3. The ps2 dominated because it has TONS of exclusive good games, was cheap, and had a head start on both gamecube and xbox.

Your points don't make any sense at all
If only I wasn't 9 years old when the 6th generation of consoles launched... I could talk sooo much more about this then.

Sariku

Smash Master
I know that, but I really wanna talk more about the 6th gen, but I never got that big into it till I was like, 12... alittle late for launches...

The Bino

Smash Lord
OK so ur to tell me that PS2 having the cheapest DVD player when it was released didn't effect sales whatsoever, than you are completely wrong, its taking the exact same steps as the PS2 had taken when it was first launched, the thing is now instead of DVD player it has the higher and more advanced BluRay player, which btw is destroying HD DVD right now... hell even BlockBuster has taken HD DVD's off its shelves and only stacks BluRay for those who want to higher definition and right now Block Buster is a big business when it comes to renting movies, besides Netflix, but that's neither here nor there

And if you're to tell me that no next gen game has taken that much space go ahead and look at Resistance: Fall of Man - that game has taken 20 gigs on the BluRay disc, so that there goes to show u that even now games are being pushed farther and farther, do you think that games won't keep rising when it comes to how much space it takes.... i honestly can't wait til i see the upcoming Final Fantasy and how much space that's gonna take since Square is always pushing the limits when it comes to consoles power

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
Lol. I think that the GC first fell in sales because it didn't have a DVD Player. Only when the GC and XBox first came out, not in general. When Xbox and GameCube first came out...DVD players were the new thing...that GameCube didn't have. PS2 was out like...two years before the XBox and GC, so by default it was gonna be ahead. Second thing that phukk'd GameCube was the fact that it was supposedly so "kiddy." When RE4 came out, it was too late. GC was already deemed kiddy, and RE4 was ported to PS2 with added stuff. No online also killed GC in sales. So...yeah. All GC had was originality, but the 6th gen. gamers seemed to only care about graphics, so Nintendo lost to Microsoft...lol. =/

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Why are people taking Wario's fart out of context and arguing about game consoles?

You people disgust me...

And here I wanted to discuss the versatile and diverse nature of Wario's flatulence and its consistentency with combat. I thought we could have a mature and intellectual discussion on a fictional individual's methane gas but you guys just had to spit on that idea and start talking about consoles.

Great job, guys. Great job.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Thanks. Great job trying to be funny. Great job.
Actually, I'm being serious. Arguing about consoles is boring and pointless. Oh, oh, if I win this argument with someone online he'll convert to the Xbox and support it for life! F*** that, PS3 muther f***er! Hellz no, da Wii is deh winz!!1!

Does it matter if you varify a point or if you're right? I mean, truly? Maybe I'm being blunt and I apologize for that but how does one benefit from being right in an argument like this? A feeling of superiority or that feeling that you won an argument that is pointless either way?

I say we all stop, chill out, and start talking about Brawl again because this argument is going nowhere.

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
And here I wanted to discuss the versatile and diverse nature of Wario's flatulence and its consistency ency with combat. I thought we could have a mature and intellectual discussion on a fictional individual's methane gas but you guys just had to spit on that idea and start talking about consoles.
I saw that part of your post as tryna be funny, lol. I apologize. Wii is best, I agree. Plus...I was just pointin' out why I felt the GameCube fell behind in sells. Hopefully endin' the madness.

BACK ON-TOPIC: Different color Choppers in four-way Wario matches ftw?? Usin' Wario in Race to the Finish (if it returns) will be a helluva experience...

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I'm still hoping for a Luigi update or a Luigi's Mansion update. I'm pretty sure Luigi's Mansion is a given.

Wario seems pretty fast for such a big guy... And all of his moves so far seem to be so unpredictable, I wonder how well he will fare in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom