• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sails

Smash Ace
Okay, be you rude if you want.
No need to be so salty lol.
I'll be sure to take your advice.
I only go to UMvC3 tournies lol.

HAcoreRD
Look, I don't mean to be rude, but I don't tell people how cars work and how to change oil because I don't know anything about cars besides that they get you places and consume gasoline. If you're going to try and debate other peoples opinions, at least try to have some extensive knowledge on the subject...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The tier names are irrelevant. Who cares what they're called if they properly separate groups of characters?

BSP

Smash Legend
Have you DL'd the excel sheet? His results data put him right around this spot while his weighted MUs puts him ahead of everyone below him.
Doing that now, but my guess is those MUs. Pit is really good if you go off the MU chart.

Tacket

The Innovator
Look, I don't mean to be rude, but I don't tell people how cars work and how to change oil because I don't know anything about cars besides that they get you places and consume gasoline. If you're going to try and debate other peoples opinions, at least try to have some extensive knowledge on the subject...
Thing is, I know what I'm talking about. Just because I rarely go to Brawl tournies and don't talk to ADHD and P-1 doesn't make you any better or more experienced than me. It's pointless to try and debate with anyone in this thread though especially when it just was revealed. So salty~~

HAcoreRD

C.J.

Smash Master
I think what I'm peeved about is the lack of justification for the larger shifts in placing. IIRC there was justification for the bigger drops in the last list, in the OP as well. Then again, if popularity is going to factor in placing...
Write-ups are being written, however since this was mostly a combination of data the write-ups will be based largely on the excel sheet. Which is in the OP. Which actually explains most of the changes- especially DK.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm being trolled are not.
Have you looked at the data? No? Look at the data and it becomes obvious that you're not and that most of this makes sense

DK should be above Sonic because of reasons.

:phone:
Oh damn, good point.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
I don't think the data really supports such a large shift in one tier list. I would have liked to have seen not as many large jumps until the next tier list, keeping the old results in mind, to produce an overall better picture.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Kick Lucas out of low tiers.

Looking back on previous tier lists it's pretty cool to see wolf so high. Above fox even, who would've thunk it a year or 2 ago

ANGRyYb0b

Smash Rookie
I really like the new change-ups, especially the iclimbers and olimar moves. But alas ganondorf remains unmoved.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
lucas being grabbed is what puts him there. he needs to stay there to be honest. the only people that do anything with lucas are mekos and pink fresh. Mekos doesnt even like playing 1v1 because of the GR. and pink is in and out of the scene

smashbot226

Smash Master
Write-ups are being written, however since this was mostly a combination of data the write-ups will be based largely on the excel sheet. Which is in the OP. Which actually explains most of the changes- especially DK.
It's DL'ing right now. Though if the usage of Sonic by the admittedly decent-sized community of competitive players
and furries
is enough to warrant his solidified position, perhaps this new list should be enough for DK fans to get off their arses. Now if only Colorado wasn't completely dead.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Requoting since the first time I posted this it didn't show the whole thing.

In my opinion, Ice Climbers should be first, Meta Knight second, Diddy Kong third, Olimar fourth and Snake fifth.

Why? Well, Ice Climbers are by far (In my opinion) the best character in the game. If you dominate the defensive game, and chaingrabs, there shouldn't be a reason to even lose. Especially since most people want to use the Japanese ruleset, where there is no place to CP ICs, and also, people wanting to ban MK, arguably, the best char vs Ics (Again, in my opinion). How would ICs lose then? We all know what they're capable of, it's just that dominating them is the hard thing. Not using them.

Meta Knight... well, Meta Knight! If he isn't first, he's obviously second.

Diddy Kong: Basically, he has so much good things in his overall gameplay, that I consider him to be better than Olimar and Snake. Strong aerial and ground game. Can get out out juggles, decent recovery, IMO, best kill "setups" in the game, excellent defensive and aggressive game. He can do pretty much anything, from my perspective. Why he isn't 2nd or 1st? Even with infinites? Because they can be SDI'ied, and when we have a chance to escape them, it's not the best anymore. Also add the dificulty to set them up and do them. Also, MK is MK, and Ice Climbers grab are better than any other infinite. The meaning of 1 grab = Death, is just way too much. One simple read.

Olimar is an extremely good character. Where from my perspective, his only weakness is his short recovery. Excellent move set, aerial game (Whistle, and aerials) and ground game. He has such a strong defensive game, where he simply overwhelms characters AND players. Also, his grab range pretty much destroys certain matchups, where they just can't... simply attack without being punished. Add this to the excellent Olimars players we have, where they have always shown how good their character really is and what he can do.

Snake is simply the best character after Olimar. Simple as that. We all know what Snake is capable of, and how good of a character he is.

C.J.

Smash Master
Doing that now, but my guess is those MUs. Pit is really good if you go off the MU chart.
In part, yes. A character's weighted MUs did count for 35% of the vote. Marc explains that part well here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14394790&postcount=64

Olimar in 2nd? Dat Nietono meat ride....
Or, you know, results. DL the excel sheet.

I just saw Sheilda's position.
What? :applejack:
That's probably going to be the biggest complaint (assuming DK mains look at the numbers and realize it's their own fault).

I don't think the data really supports such a large shift in one tier list. I would have liked to have seen not as many large jumps until the next tier list, keeping the old results in mind, to produce an overall better picture.
Old results do not really affect the current metagame though... sooo yeah

I really like the new change-ups, especially the iclimbers and olimar moves. But alas ganondorf remains unmoved.
Ganon will probably never move.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Okay.. I want the name of the members who decided to drop dk 5 spots, and I want them now. :glare:
He's a garbage character nobody cares

This is some very poor reasoning.

Like 80% of the munny Sheilda makes in tournament is from tournaments that Ed goes to like these
It's only 12% of the total makeup of the list also. I don't think it's as big of a deal as you make it out to be despite it being weird.

DK is one of the fastest heavyweights in the game and a not-terrible moveset.
DKs moveset is garbage, and his overall speed is... average at best.
All of his ground moves are punishable off block, horrible grab and dash grab range, 8 frame grab. His landing options are poor, and to be honest if you think he can put out and stuff moves, bait/punish as fast as other heavy characters you're ********.

Snake, Wario, DDD have much better frame data, and spacial control. Even ROB has better frame data, recovery, options, and MU's. So please tell me more about how DK can outspeed bowser or something.

Diddy is definitely better than Snake, AND more consistent.
Thisss
I'm just going to nod my head and agree because it is clear you don't know anything about what you're talking about. Try going to some tournaments and actually talking to other top mains such as ADHD or Player-1 like I have.
I've probably hanged out with ADHD more than any other top player in the smash community other than like Mr.R or something. He's told me a million times that he thinks that if he is technically on point and doesnt **** up basic mistakes, he doesn't lose to snake. Sadly those days where a long time ago lol.

Ezk1mo

Smash Rookie
Why is Lucario so high again? I thought he's only beast mode in teams...
Also what do the +/-(#) things mean beside each character?

C.J.

Smash Master
It's DL'ing right now. Though if the usage of Sonic by the admittedly decent-sized community of competitive players
and furries
is enough to warrant his solidified position, perhaps this new list should be enough for DK fans to get off their arses. Now if only Colorado wasn't completely dead.
It's more than just the number of people using him. Results divided by the number of uses gives you column "N" which is what was used as the data to be weighted.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
"Old results do not really affect the current metagame though... sooo yeah"

Not necessarily. The point though is to weed out things that come and go for just a bit, AKA fads, and reward a more consistant performance. Then again, I suppose I may be overestimating how often a new tier list is put out?

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
How much the char moved up or down compared to the last tier list
Code:
:phone:

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Olimar jumping 6 spots? Wow, I knew he was getting a lot better, but I didn't see this coming. Other than that, all my mains moved down.... : (

C.J.

Smash Master
Look up Trela. Lucario is a fairly good character with the unfortunate reality that aura can hurt him.
The +/- are the number of spaces moved since the last tier list.

Just waiting for the day TL is put above Dedede and when Lucas can move into mid tier.
That'd be nice.

"Old results do not really affect the current metagame though... sooo yeah"

Not necessarily. The point though is to weed out things that come and go for just a bit, AKA fads, and reward a more consistant performance. Then again, I suppose I may be overestimating how often a new tier list is put out?
Roughly 9 months. When making the list data is, typically, considered from that time period.

Wow @ Toon Link, he got raised.
Tink is a good character

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The only reason Lucas should be out the Low Tier is so he can become officially uncapalbe to **** LT tournaments.

iRJi

Smash Champion
For the people who are complaining about DK.

Play him and do well. I mean it's a simple concept. He drops because he has no representation outside of about 2 people. You can't even complain for a character who sees little play and think that he will remain where he is.

C.J.

Smash Master
Zelda gives Sheik three more spots. This is totally believable.
Yes yes yes. We all know this is weird.

That's what I'm thinking. If Zelda is good enough to make the duo go up three spots, then by that line of reasoning Zelda herself should move up lol
Not really. It's not that dissimilar of an idea from a lot of cards in card games. They have niche uses that make them really good in specific situations (so you put them into your sideboard) but overall they're not good cards and dead draws often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom